The Empress Has Job Openings... Oh, and Needs Friends

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Lyipheoryia said:

I love the fact that all of these names are trying to be 'Asian/Chinese', and it's...kinda cringe-worthy-funny. :P 

I blame @Zeig ! As the applicant of the first Qilin OC, Zeig deserves ALL the blame for setting the naming trend. :|

3 hours ago, Lyipheoryia said:

And Calamity is ready! :D

I love the fact that all of these names are trying to be 'Asian/Chinese', and it's...kinda cringe-worthy-funny. :P 

Well, they are supposed to be from pony China or pony Japan...

12 minutes ago, PyroBlaze said:

Well, they are supposed to be from pony China or pony Japan...

But all these names are just...so..

:D  Funny!  

But I guess none of you here understand Chinese...so I guess y'all don't get this funny-ness XD 

Not to mention that these are, well. Ponies. They don't exactly have realistic names, whether they're in English or Chinese or whatever language they may be in. Unless there's suddenly been a crop of babies in the US being named Twilight Sparkle or FluffleBottom that I've been unaware of. 

d421eb89c752cd0b5bee086983cdcf99efd7e01d

7 hours ago, Lyipheoryia said:

But I guess none of you here understand Chinese...so I guess y'all don't get this funny-ness XD

*burns all his copies of Google Translate*

Whatever do you mean? :blush:

.....Seriously though, I can only hope that the name I gave my Empress is not as hilariously constructed as everyone else's. O_O

8 hours ago, Zeig said:

Unless there's suddenly been a crop of babies in the US being named Twilight Sparkle or FluffleBottom

I'll make sure to name my first kid FluffleBottom XD

On 8/28/2016 at 3:47 AM, Bellosh said:

I blame @Zeig ! As the applicant of the first Qilin OC, Zeig deserves ALL the blame for setting the naming trend. :|

I was just following everyone else with Jijing Fengbao. 

@RainbowFoxxy & @Pretzelpony : As the two of you over IM expressed a desire to app other advisers of Yue's, just wanted to touch base and see if your OC concept development have progressed. I may be commencing a RP with the Empress and her ministers sometime in the not-too-distant future. :) 

@DerpRavener, @Lyipheoryia, and @RainbowFoxxy: I've had to juggle tons of RPs these last several days, but I haven't forgotten about your new Adviser OCs. When my RP Queue gets a little lighter, I'll make sure to cook up something involving the Empress and her Court. If you have any ideas you'd like to implement, let me know. ;)

4 hours ago, PyroBlaze said:

Maybe we can have my new character meet Yue... When I eventually finish him. 

That could be a possibility in the future. At the moment however, I have a large backlog of both current threads I must reply to and future planned RPs that I've promised others. It may be a long while before I can get around to your RP concept.

1 minute ago, Bellosh said:

That could be a possibility in the future. At the moment however, I have a large backlog of both current threads I must reply to and future planned RPs that I've promised others. It may be a long while before I can get around to your RP concept.

Fair enough. Looking forward to it. 

16 hours ago, Bellosh said:

@DerpRavener, @Lyipheoryia, and @RainbowFoxxy: I've had to juggle tons of RPs these last several days, but I haven't forgotten about your new Adviser OCs. When my RP Queue gets a little lighter, I'll make sure to cook up something involving the Empress and her Court. If you have any ideas you'd like to implement, let me know. ;)

Sadly I don't have any such ideas at the moment, truth be told I have no idea what I want to do with the chancellor.

That said I have plenty of other things to work on, so I personally would say focus on your current RPs, this can always be picked up later.

• 1 month later...

@DerpRavener, @Lyipheoryia, @RainbowFoxxy, & @Dubstep:

I will soon be ready to start a RP that takes place in the Imperial Court of Long Guo. First though, I wanna do a headcount of which advisors of Empress Yuè will be available for a thread. Once that's determined, we'll brainstorm on what sort of RP we actually want. :)

I am around-ish.  I just got through a very trying week, and am attempting to work through a backlog of threads.  But if no one minds waiting a bit between my posts I am available.  No real idea what I'd do in or suggest for such a thread, though.

• 2 weeks later...

ANNOUNCEMENT: My new Empress RP is imminent, I will post it sometime either later today or tomorrow. I have decided that it will be a session of Morning Court in the throne room. Basically, all the ministers and their highest-ranked subordinates assemble and are granted.an opportunity to present reports and proposals, and to comment on whatever their colleagues present.

For this occasion, we'll have a special guest present himself first: the Shogun of Neighpon. If any of you have a character who'd have a motive and realistic opportunity to petition the Empress, feel free to let me know. Same goes for guest characters who you feel should be awarded for meritorious service in service of Long Guo.

@Dubstep, @RainbowFoxxy, and @Lyipheoryia: DerpRavener has completed his turn over in Court of the Dragon Throne, meaning one of your characters is now free to address the Empress on an important matter. ^_^

BTW peeps, I'm always looking for new OCs to bring into Empress Yuè's confidence. Rumor has it that a new hoofmaid will soon be joining us.....

PS: Added Sī jīn (servant) and Rakuen Ryuichi (ally) to the OP Roster.

Archived