SWMLP (Private)

NamelessTrax

Soul quickly parried most of the strikes from both of Oak's lightsabers, but his orange saber sliced through the hilt of his own lightsaber and destroyed it, creating a small blue explosion as it broke in half. Soul growled as he just barely avoided losing his hand. He grabbed Oak in a powerful force grip and threw him against a nearby wall. He closed his eyes and sighed and he reached into his robe, pulling out a long, chrome hilt and held it in front of him. "I loved you, Oakly. I didn't want this." He said to himself as a long bright white blade ignited from the chrome hilt. It was one of the ancient lightsabers from the first Jedi council thousand of years ago. Only a handful existed in the galaxy, and Soul had earned the honor to carry the only one the Jedi Order had recovered when he wiped out a coven of Sith by himself and saved a planet from enslavement. He chose never to use it in battle unless he absolutely had to. "Come show me what you've learned." Soul said charging with the white ancient blade. 

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oakly crossed his sabers to block, the force caused him to slide his foot back, "Correction, I'll show you what I've honed!" Oakly pushed Soul off and then spun around swinging his sabers about in a fluid wave of blue and orange, even some of the Masters were impressed by such skill and accuracy, a move like that could backfire and injure the wielder. Through all Souls guarding, Oakly felt time slow as he saw the opening he was looking for, he switched the grip on his orange saber and slid in under Soul aiming for his side, but there was a hesitation to Oaklys movement. It was as if Oaklys very soul convinced him otherwise, and instead of using his saber, Oaklys withdrew it and punched with his clenched fist. As a consequence for his hesitation, Souls movement back triggered the white saber to come down and score over Oaklys right eye and then barely grazing his lower chin and down his neck. The Burning sensation caused Oakly to fall and roll back, he halted gritting his teeth in agony as his wounds were instantly cauterized. The large hall of the Temple grew silent, all eyes on the fight, awaiting the outcome, good or bad. Oakly stood up shivering, keeping his body from going into shock from the pain, his struggled to open his right eye. When he did, the eye was bloodshot from the heat damage around it. He began to pant heavily as he shook off the pain, "That... was a warning,... next time.. I won't be so merciful." He said coldly, attempting to play off his mistake as a purposeful mercy strike, when in truth he had hesitated to kill someone he considered Family. Oakly lit up his orange saber again, "Now, let me go, ... before I really do decide to kill you..."  He said between pants of exhaustion, he was putting all his strength into keeping from collapsing, hoping he could bluff his way out. Hazel was on her knees in awe, it was a first for her to see two Masters of the blade, square off as practically equals. Her conflicting feelings mad it impossible to pick a side, all she wanted now was for no one to die. The Council watched patiently, trusting Soul to finish this. The Temple Sentinels now covering every exit and surrounding Soul and Oakly in a giant circle.

Soul gripped the ancient white saber in his hand and he stared at Oakly. He felt anger that his apprentice, someone he put so much love and dedication, was a Fallen master the whole time, destroying the Jedi from within. He was angry that Trax had betrayed his trust and was using him to carry out his will under his nose. He knew not what to do in the situation. He turned to look at the Jedi around him, and his eyes paused on the young Jedi. Killing Oak would still hurt them despite their betrayal. He felt the tension between Hazel and Oakly long ago, and knew it would destroy her. He also knew that Oak would kill him if he didn't fight back, and that without him his apprentice, and the Order as a whole, would suffer. He closed his eyes and took a deep breath. "Oakly...did you hate us all along?" he asked in a blank tone, his anger and grief now replaced with a dead and empty feeling at the situation he was in. 

Oak flinched at the question, he seemed to relax a bit as his already exhausted muscles began to weaken, "... No, I don't agree with the Jedi beliefs, but I did not hate anyone here. At first I was more cautious, but I began to see everyone as... as friends," He glanced at Kane and Silver, then back to Soul, "And Family." Above them, Tavi bit back a response and turned away. Hazel stood up looking over the shoulders of the Jedi Sentinels, Oak turned his head to the side feeling her stare, "Even more than that..." He sighed and looked back at Soul, "There was an... incident, and I was greatly injured and then lost to the abyss, five years ago. Spent a year in recovery and surviving, then I came here, ... in order to keep my skills fresh and hone them. My father had no idea of this, nor my brother, I simply came to train. Guess that explains why I never went on an mission involving the Fallen, eh?" He chuckled slightly, clearly displaying his exhaustion, "But.... My Pride won't let me surrender, or be captured, so I'm going to leave.... or die trying." He finished as he attempted to compose himself at the ready. Silas let out a sigh, "The call is yours, Master Soul. He is responsible for many of our loses, but has also saved some during his time here, his words now are in conjunction with his past." He reminded Soul. Master Ark rubbed his chin, unable to determine for himself of the boys words, or his fate. Lykos closed his eyes, controlling his rage towards Oak, he had lost many friends to him especially. The betrayal was felt by all in the Temple, all had put trust in Oakly, and now that trust has been decimated by the horrendous truth unveiled. All that was left, was the memory all their friends and allies, taken by the man they once trusted the same. Oak panted heavily, "Whats it gonna be Soul?"

Soul sighed again, but then took on a look of determination. "Oakly...you and I both know I can't let you leave." He said, raising the white saber in front of his face, anticipating Oak's next attack. 

Oak felt his whole body practically groan with discouragement, he was expecting to be let go, but he was still disgruntled of the fact. Summoning what was left of his strength, he readied himself, using the force to assist his already exhausted muscles. "So be it." The movement took everyone by surprise as Oak streamed across the floor, he had seemed so tired and frail, but he moved effortlessly. Only the Masters could tell he was using the force to move his exhausted body, but they knew it put him at a disadvantage, he wouldn't be able to use the force as a weapon during the fight. Oak leaped and spun, creating a tornado of orange and blue with both of his sabers, suddenly he sped up drastically. The was split second laps as he and Soul locked eyes, Oaks eyes were no longer a piercing blue, but a dark orange filled with hate. He had let himself be consumed by the Dark Side.

"Now you are truly lost." Soul thought as he blocked Oak's attacks, sensing that Oak was greatly weakened. He was almost completely drained himself. Using both the both and his saber, Soul delivered a powerful strike that knocked Oak to the ground, his lightsabers being knocked away, but the orange bladed one was close enough for Oak to grab it with the force. Soul raised the white saber above his head to finish Oak off, his chest unguarded. 

Time stopped, Hazel was being held back by Sentinels, Tavi wide eyed in horror, Silas looking on with content. The movement was quick and fluid without hesitation as he got to a knee, simultaneously Oak pulled his saber to his hand and lit up the orange blade right up at Souls stomach, a single tear ran down Oaks cheek. The sound splitting the air like a single gunshot in a saloon, inhaling gasps filled the massive hall.

• 2 weeks later...

Kane watched in horror as his master was defeated by his former friend. Silverthorn dropped to her knees and wept as Kane shouted in anger and tried to charge at Oakly, but was restrained by sentinels. Soul dropped the white saber and fell to a knee as he looked at Oakly. He had no fight left and lost the will to live. He looked into Oakly's eyes with sorrow before he finally fell to the ground lifeless. 

Oak panted heavily, as he starred down at Souls lifeless body, he fought back the rush of tears as he stood up. He wanted to give into his exhaustion and collapse, be taken in as a prisoner, but he couldn't go through with it. The Sentinels prepared for battle as Oak picked up Souls saber with the little bit of Force he had left, "I'm not going down without a fight..." He grit his teeth and roared out, "COME ON!" Hazel was pulled back with Kane as Sentinels rushed Oak, being cut from view before the fight began.

A few hours later, the four of them were shut in a conference room in silence, shocked by the events that had occurred. Oak was subbing shortly after, putting two Sentinels in the Infirmary for a broken arms, and he Himself sustaining a number of sabers scars all over his body. After his wounds were treated, he was then thrown into a cell in the Temples lower Security Floor. Souls body was being prepped for the burning ceremony and his saber was given to Kane, as per Silas's order. Hazel was sat the table in the middle of the room, a blank stare resting upon the tabletop, "What the HeII is going on?" She asked rhetorically with sorrow.

Archived