do you hide your brony-ness?

Angie Cakes

do you hide the fact that you're a brony?  

209 members have voted

1. 1. do you hide the fact that you're a brony?

• yes
    • no
    • from some people
    • from most people

Other than buying some ponies on rare occasion (FiM ones are not that common here it appears) I don't generally show or let others know I like the show. Of course there's the internet, and I'm also part of the cosplay scene, which is more widely accepting of bronies. So my friends and internet friends know, most of them are cool with it.

But my parents are being rather odd about it, it's not even on TV here, but I'm the kind of person who sometimes likes to discuss the things he likes, my mother's reaction was more or less good, but it took her a while to let it sink in really. So that was a awkward conversation right then. She's cool with it tho, she's used to weirder things.

I did once make the mistake of telling my 10/11 year old cousin, the type of girls that generally adores all things pink and cute, but she basically declared me insane. I laughed it off, since the only reason I told her was because I happened to have something of it open on the computer.

Since then I keep it to myself when it concerns anyone who's not a friend of mine trough a tolerate fandom. Although I will be joining a Brony meet-up sometime soon, with bronies who have a lot more guts than I do to show their fandom love.

Kinda, Kinda not. It depends on who's asking.

Online, I dont try to hide it. My Windows Live name is "Poni Boi" and most of the avitars I use for sites are MLP related. I have many brony friends and they support me. I occasionaly speak like in the show, saying things like "everypony" instead of "everybody". So far I havent actually had anyone say anything negative about my love for ponies.

One of my local friends talked to me on Windows Live and saw my user name and avi and asked if I was into MLP. I said yes and asked him if he had seen it. He said he saw one episode and said it was ok.

I dont really HIDE it from my family, but I dont speak openly about it. I think they all know, though. I kinda hinted it to them on purpose. I mentioned to my dad how I was able to fit 12 episodes of MLP onto one DVD and he was just impressed on how much that was. I said the same to my sister and she asked me if I watch MLP, I said yes and she just thought that was cute that I like shows like that. Then we talked about Whinnie the Pooh and stuff.

I made cupcakes once and my other sister asked my what inspired me to make them. I told her I got the idea watching an episode of MLP and she said she liked MLP. The only one who had a diffrent reaction was my mom. She saw me printing off a MLP poster and asked me why. I said I liked the show and she thought that was weird. I told her there were lots of teenage guys that like the show and she implied that there must be somthing wrong with them, that made me a little angry. Then she just said 'whatever' and walked away.

I dunno why I let them find out, guess I just needed to get it off my back. I still have the poster and my PC, PSP, and PS3 all have MLP backgrounds, and I'm sure if my mom saw them she would bash me again, but I dont care.

I don't hide it, but I don"t really show it either. My family probably knows, I know at least my little brother does, since we've talked about fanfictions in the subway once and I mentioned how awesome Fallout:Equestria was, despite the oddness of the crossover. My friends knows, but I never talk about it much.

I Hide my brony ness from everyone but my friends because were i live my school is insult or be insulted were all the s--ts and do---e bags constantly annoy everyone and never listens to reason, if its dumb to one, its dumb to all. But that doesnt stop me from quotin, even though they look at me like im insane. \_/ <--- ( evil face)

I keep my brony-ism completely to myself in most cases. I don't exactly have an accepting family and even if they were. the neighborhood I live in isn't that safe. So i'll never be one of those people who walks out on the street with a shirt with a cutie mark or something on it. In fact the closest i've ever been to "Coming out" as it were. Is a brony meet-up which is happening in November. (I hope it's not too cold.)

I don't really hide it. From some people, yes, but from most it's wide out there. I own a couple shirts and I got some shoes with shoe brony, though it's the newest gen without the cutie marks, but I just avoid wearing those when I'll be around the people I'm hiding it from. Most of the time though, I'm pretty open about it. I mean, ponies are my wallpaper on both my desktop and laptop...

For the most part, yeah... To my online friends i'm not so secretive about it, although most of them are bronies anyway... My cousin knows because he and his girfriend have watched it... he teases me about it, but his GF told me when they watched it, HE was the one saying "Lets watch another episode." so im pretty sure he's still hiding in the stables, as it were...

As for family, most of them dont have any interest in the things i do or watch, so i see no need to let them know i watch MLP. However somehow I got to talking with my dad (who doesnt live with us anymore, so he's not around...) and he was curious about what little projects i've been up to... i linked him to an abridged episode me and my friend did, and he loved it, even though he doesnt watch the show. so he knows i watch it (And he approved, he loved the PowerPuff girls when they were on.)

everyone else, i dont really see the need to just jump out and tell them...

From most people, I think. My closest friend is already a brony (he introduced me to MLP:FiM), and I've mentioned to my sister that I like the show, and I'm not too closed about it online, but I don't think I'd be inclined to talk about it to most people I know in person. I don't mind being seen as weird (I already am, and I'm pretty happy with that description), but I would mind being seen as creepy, and I have the feeling that would happen.

I used to, but now I don't! :D

Well, kind of. I generally won't mention it in real life, except to my best friend who knows I like ponies.

But, I do wear a Rainbow Dash pin on my name badge at work, and my Facebook avatar is currently a pony.

Firstly, it was a human Luna, then a non-pony, then Dash Face, then a couple non-pony pics, then a picture that referenced ponies, then Nightmare Moon in socks, now Luna in a bunny suit. So, it's slowly progressed into now I just don't care who knows!

(Although, I'm a little wary of my coworkers knowing... except I recently added a few of them on FB, so then I realized the secret was out. OOPS! No one has mentioned anything yet...)

• Like 1

Well, for now I only show my brony side to selected people. Some people understand why I'm a fan since they themselves are fans of "similar" interests. But others will just blatantly harass and make fun of me if they found out I was a brony.

Honestly, I don't know if there are any bronies in my area. I've tried searching the local websites and communities and so far haven't confirmed a single brony out there. So I'm kinda lonely here. :scream:

I've started drawing ponies on my homework to see if any of my teachers recognize them. so far I've confirmed that my english teacher had no idea this show existed, but she thinks it's lame ¬_¬

so yeah, I don't hide it from my teachers :P