do you hide your brony-ness?

Angie Cakes

do you hide the fact that you're a brony?  

209 members have voted

1. 1. do you hide the fact that you're a brony?

• yes
    • no
    • from some people
    • from most people

lol, I'm bored, lets make a topic :blah:

do you hide the fact that you're a brony?

I've told my family and friends because they all know that I'm into stupid stuff (not that mlp is stupid, but it's easy to pass it off as that). I've managed to make my sister watch all the episodes, but only after her boyfriend watched the first two. I got one of my friends to start watching the first few episodes, but he still thinks it's a joke.

around people that I don't really know, I try to hide it while at the same time I try to show it off. I'll read pony forums online during class hoping that somebody will ask me so I can tell them that it's mlp, but when somebody actually does ask me I'm all "it's a forum... online... about ponies... friendship is mumble mumble..."

I chose the from some people option.

I'm completely open with it when it comes to all my online friends and try and push them toward it when I can. In real life, I'm more selective with who I mention it to. I wouldn't ever deny it to anyone though; I just don't go around telling people about how much I love ponies. :D

I chose the from some people option.

I'm completely open with it when it comes to all my online friends and try and push them toward it when I can. In real life, I'm more selective with who I mention it to. I wouldn't ever deny it to anyone though; I just don't go around telling people about how much I love ponies. :D

This.

I tend to hide it from my family mainly to protect my tough guy appearance. I think they know though. :geek:

Most of my friends know because I tend to use Rarity as my avatar for everything. That and I make Cupcakes references every 5 seconds.(Why is it called a hack saw? I don't get it :mad: ) I do keep it from my friends that are into the "hardcore" scene. I no longer deny it when asked though.

Nah, not really. I can't say for sure how I'll be around the masses, buutttt...

For instance, me and one of my friends just finished watching about 3 hours of Friendship is Magic on his laptop, and we were talking about it and making jokes in front of his family. His Dad stopped to make fun of us and call us fairies and stuff, and he was like, "Which one's your favorite?" I responded, "Pinkie Pie! The pink one. She's not on screen right now, though." He just kind of walked outside, and never really said much about it anymore. People seem to just deal if you really own up to it.

I was concerned about my family for a lot of reasons but it all kind of panned out. First I had to tell my Dad because I wanted to order a pony shirt off of RedBubble and he's the only one who has a Paypal account in this house. He was weirded out for a second but he kind of just dealt with it because I think he understands that I've not always been the most masculine fruit in the basket anyway. I've always had a very soft spot in me.

I was worried about my brother, and he started asking me questions about the shirt I ordered. I told him it was a new show and he asked what, so I told him it was Friendship is Magic. He was interested for a bit and watched some of the show, but after he watched it he refused to give it a chance for some reason. That's okay though, to each their own.

We'll see what happens when I try to go to school and get ridiculed by some of the not-quite-so-nice and partially-backwards people around here. It shouldn't be a big deal. I'm prepared to tolerate and then love. Maybe just tolerate, because loving is a bit of stretch for some of these people, but we bronies should always try. :D

Yeah, I'll get the "You're too old for that" or the "this is some kind of phase to recapture her childhood." W/evs. I'm like "watch an episode or STFU."

I get about half the people to watch, and most of them stick with it, so maybe a 1/3 conversion rate. Not bad, but i wont be satisfied until THE WHOLE WORLD JOINS THE HERD.

I don't go around doing my Pinkie Pie impersonation in public if that's what you mean. My brother and my friends know I watch the show, and my brother gives me a good deal of hell, and I give him hell right back, but other than that...I treat it like any of my usual interests. Close to the vest while I go about my day, but when I have a moment to myself- Ponies.

I only hide it from some ponies but my friends and brother know. My brother is not all that "proud" about it and seems honestly disgusted by it. But as far as I'm concerned he's just a sour apple. I love to quote the show and I will admit more than once I've gotten an odd look from people around me, but I'm enjoying myself so that's what counts in my book. I especially have a lot of fun at work when I mix my love of ponies and love of messing with people... I can't help it :blush:

About a month ago... The video game store I work at was packed and I was busy on the register with my line. Manager decides to stick his head out from the back room and call out to me.

Manager - "Chonico, can we talk w-"

Me - "Can bees squawk?! Ah don think so!"

Manager - "Hu-what?..."

Me - (Come on say it... no way he's going to say it)

Manager - "What? No, I need to talk to you wh-"

Me - (Oh sweet yes!) "You need to walk to the zoo!? Then who's stopping you??"

Manager - "..."

Me - "..."

Manager - *disappears back into the back room*

Co-worker - "Why do you that to him?"

Me - "Whatever do you mean darling?"

Co-worker - "..."

Me - "No, seriously, you're gonna have to be more specific. I did a lot of things just now like breathing, looking at him, talking..."

Co-worker - *sigh*

THIS is the extent of my letting others know about my love of ponies. If they catch on, then we have a good laugh. If not, no harm done :)

• Like 3

I said I keep it from most people, allow me to elaborate.

I don't hide the fact I am a pretty serious bronie from friends, and any friend who has paid attention at all, knows how much I am into FiM. I also an open about it in the online community and art sites I contribute to. I don't ever push the fact I am into FiM onto anyone, but I certainly don't hide it, nor am I afraid to talk about it. Friends reactions have been mixed to positive. Some I discovered are also bronies (including very deep into the show, hard-core bronies), others remain neutral. A few friends find the whole show stupid and the phenomenon annoying but it hasn't stopped them from being my friend at all.

I never talk about it at my place of employment. Not that I think it would get me fired or in trouble, it is just I work at a place of office politics and gossip and with people I don't particularly care for, who have zero interest in any "geeky" stuff, let alone understand why someone like me be into FiM without having some sort of mental or maturity issue. They sure do like talk behind one's back though and are always out to jockey for position.

I also avoid ever bringing it up with family. My family is extremely old fashioned and pretty redneck like. I know they wouldn't "get it" and their reactions would range from derision to concerned loss of respect, worrying that I am getting deeper and deeper into all those "weird geek" fandoms and not leading what they would see as "a normal life".

Yeah, I hide it from most people. Sorta. I have some anthro-ponies on my desktop that I know my parents have seen, but I'm pretty sure they wouldn't think much of it, they know I like my cartoons. If they asked though, I'm not sure if I could say out loud that it's MLP. Likewise I have a cute pic of Derpy as my phone BG, but whenever I check my phone I make sure no one's looking. I'd like to be more open about it, but really I don't deal well with even the most playful of teasing/joking, so I'd rather just be evasive about it.

I have one non-brony friend online who I told. She thought it was "cute". :blush:

I hide my brony-ness from public. As in not wearing MLP shirts and buying merch. I do however constantly hint at it with quotes from the show that only a brony understands. That way i know if someone else is a brony here and not just me without blowing my cover :)

Have yet to catch anyone but hopes are high. Im also known for watching things that others might consider odd. (Adventure time, Ytp's).

i do also believe that my parents know. Theyve sometimes rushed to my room and seen MLP tabs open xD

they wont talk about it though...

I only actively hide it from my family, since they take every opportunity they can to poke fun at me. For everyone else though, well... all my avatars are Pony, and I have quoted some things from the show so often that even my friends I haven't managed to bring into the herd (yet) are quoting it at appropriately funny times.

Manager - "Chonico, can we talk w-"

Me - "Can bees squawk?! Ah don think so!"

Manager - "Hu-what?..."

Me - (Come on say it... no way he's going to say it)

Manager - "What? No, I need to talk to you wh-"

Me - (Oh sweet yes!) "You need to walk to the zoo!? Then who's stopping you??"

Manager - "..."

Me - "..."

Manager - *disappears back into the back room*

Co-worker - "Why do you that to him?"

Me - "Whatever do you mean darling?"

Co-worker - "..."

Me - "No, seriously, you're gonna have to be more specific. I did a lot of things just now like breathing, looking at him, talking..."

Co-worker - *sigh*

THIS is the extent of my letting others know about my love of ponies. If they catch on, then we have a good laugh. If not, no harm done :)

This made me lul so hard XD bravo I have to do this to somepony sometime.

As for me I used to hide my broniness but then I was like YOU KNOW WHAT?! F--K IT! on that day I bought 5 of the mane characters at target got home made a public announcement on facebook and I was done. :20:

I, for one, have never felt ashamed about liking ponies. I've told all of my coworkers, and quite a few of my friends. I do not hide it, nor do I make any attempt to do so. Plus, I've bought two pony shirts, so wearing those in public will definitely show that I am not afraid to make my love of ponies known.

I selected "from most people." I don't discuss ponies with anyone outside of people I know on the internet, and my son. I got him into the herd, and now he re-watches the episodes all the time. The only pony t-shirt I was tempted to buy was one that said 'Pie Family Rock Farm.' It was a very clever yet subtle shirt that no one but other bronies would understand.

Friends, Family members and Co-workers have gone pony-hunting for me for years. Almost decades.

I just don't go around wearing MLP shirts because usually the designs alloy the crap out of me. And really don't have any other merch because I just don't really like it. You couldn't look at me and know instantly that I am a brony, but I do not hide is one little bit.

I did put a twilight Sparkle post-it on my last processed invoice, so now Accounts payable knows I am a brony too.

As for me I used to hide my broniness but then I was like YOU KNOW WHAT?! F--K IT! on that day I bought 5 of the mane characters at target got home made a public announcement on facebook and I was done. :20:

Some days ago I decided the same, as don't wanted to post any pony-stuff on my facebook cause I had some classmates that will make fun about it but I found that I have many bronies on facebook. So I decided to post some of ponies video in facebook :), I will don't tell around world that I like ponies but if someone will ask me I will don't hide it.

Some days ago I decided the same, as don't wanted to post any pony-stuff on my facebook cause I had some classmates that will make fun about it but I found that I have many bronies on facebook. So I decided to post some of ponies video in facebook :), I will don't tell around world that I like ponies but if someone will ask me I will don't hide it.

I didn't post that :!: I think you got your quotes backwards :D

I do have the mane 6 now, bought most of'em when target had that 2 for 1 sale a while back. Still trying to find the ones with molded hair and my local Big Lots doesn't seem to carry them. Or at least that's where I was told I could find them. Any who, I have the mane 6 proudly displayed on my bookshelf which causes my brother to cringe when he sees them.

My parents know about it, but they know that I'm really into animation, so they don't make too big of a deal out of it. Still can't convince my dad to watch an episode though...

I've mentioned it to my friends before, though I don't talk about it constantly. None of them are bronies, so I don't see much of a point to it. I did draw ponies for some of my friends though.

I've also drawn a pony during math class with the reference pictures in plain sight of my classmates. I also have Friendship is Magic listed under my TV shows on facebook.

So I guess I don't hide it that much. I don't really talk about it a lot, but I won't deny it. I also really want a Vinyl Scratch t-shirt to wear when I go back to school.