do you hide your brony-ness?

Angie Cakes

do you hide the fact that you're a brony?  

209 members have voted

1. 1. do you hide the fact that you're a brony?

• yes
    • no
    • from some people
    • from most people

I take pride in being a male and also a brony, largely because I have an actual argument rehearsed supporting my love for the series! Even then, despite the fact that one of my friends hates ponies (not FiM, but actual ponies. Apparently, one tried to eat his hair when he was a kid? I dunno, he's a little crazy even when he's not stoned. When he is I just altogether stay away from that stuff), and I usually shove ponies in his face anyhow ;)

Even when people are a little skeptical, I can pretty happily admit that I'm all kinds of cool with ponies.

I don't hide it :3

Actually, my best friend is a brony too, and he comes over at times for pony marathons. XD

We actually went to a toy store and bought a Rarity (my favorite!) and Fluttershy (his favorite!) "action figure" -as he calls it.-

We filmed the whole thing, and told the cashier that it was "for his niece". She just laughed and smiled at us.

Overall, it was a pretty funny experience.

And yeah, my family knows I watch ponies xD

Well most of the time I do. I mean on some of my sites they know I'm a Brony. But, I'd never willingly tell my friends or my parents. My dad isn't so approving of my love for animated shows and movies. In fact he's "embarrassed of me" because of it. And those were his words not mine. If my computer is on this page and my friends or my dad happen to be looking over my shoulder. I won't deny it. But, I won't shout it from the rooftops either.

I tend to only admit I'm a brony when asked...though I do occasionally slip with an 'Okie dokie, Loki!' or an 'are you CRAZY?!?!' at work...that usually gets some attention!

I don't hide my love of MLP from anyone, but at the same time I don't go spouting pony memes and wearing pony-fied clothes. At the end of the day it's just a hobby and something that makes me smile after a rough day.

My family knows of my pony collecting and even surprised me with a pony cake for my birthday. My boyfriend obviously knows of my pony collecting and while it's not his thing (even after watching a few episodes) I'm glad he at least gave it a chance and is mature enough to tolerate my hobby. That being said it does annoy me when I see bronies shoving MLP down other peoples throats. While it can be fun to be silly and crazy with other pony fans to people who don't like MLP it's just annoying and honestly it gives bronies a bad name.

I couldn't help at free time at school today to draw Applejack on the board. Sooo... I'm pretty sure my whole class knows about it. My computer teacher also knows about it because while asking me what kind of website I made, and I had to tell her that it was a My Little Pony website. *le burn*

• 2 weeks later...

I don't hide it necessarily but I don't throw it in people's faces either.

I like to make references to it in front of my friends, being that they have no idea that it has to do with ponies. "Okie dokie loki!" is totally one of my catchphrases. If they found out I totally wouldn't care.

And when episodes come on on the HUB I totally commandeer the family TV to watch. They give me funny looks and are all like, "LAWL, U FER SERIOUS?" and I'm just all like, "Pfffh, you don't know 'bout my Pinkie Pie."

tumblr_lilun7tLTL1qbltpno1_250.gif

From most people, I hide my broniness.

All my brothers know about me being a big time brony. None of my friends know, for sure, and I express it the most on the internet. :P

I tried to get my brothers into the hype...but to no avail.

I hide it a lot more than I'm open about it.

At home, I don't; at school, usually I do. Towards the end of my summer semester of speech class I did a speech on ponies, but by then it would have been too late for anyone to tease me much anyway (they didn't, so it was cool). While the political climate in Tezaz suites me fine, it's still pretty hard to like ponies and get taken seriously, so I don't even mention it. I only know one brony IRL at college, and even he blew his own cover on accident! XD

I don't hide my bronieness but only when the time comes when I think the Brony community would be better off without a particular person who would ruin by being a troll or being excessively annoying about it.

Such as a certain, ahem, Stew if you know what I mean.

I only hide it from him really. He would ruin everything about it.

Haserman knows what I'm talking about, or really who I'm talking about.

I don't hide my love of MLP from anyone, but at the same time I don't go spouting pony memes and wearing pony-fied clothes. At the end of the day it's just a hobby and something that makes me smile after a rough day.

I don't hide it necessarily but I don't throw it in people's faces either.

I don't hide it. I just don't flaunt it.

This, this, and this. I don't go out of my way to hide the fact I am an FIM fan, I just don't openly advertise it, or at least I don't bring it up in places where topics such as cartoons one really likes are not typically brought up or appropriate (such as at $employer). I draw FiM fan artwork, and show that work on non-pony art sites which I have a page to, talk about it among friends who are fellow fans, and even with those who are not (when they bring up the topic), but I don't attempt to push the show on anyone no matter how much I may love it. This is based on the realization of how annoying it would be to me if someone(s) kept pushing on me something they were all about but I didn't have any particular interest in.

• Like 1

This, this, and this. I don't go out of my way to hide the fact I am an FIM fan, I just don't openly advertise it, or at least I don't bring it up in places where topics such as cartoons one really likes are not typically brought up or appropriate (such as at $employer). I draw FiM fan artwork, and show that work on non-pony art sites which I have a page to, talk about it among friends who are fellow fans, and even with those who are not (when they bring up the topic), but I don't attempt to push the show on anyone no matter how much I may love it. This is based on the realization of how annoying it would be to me if someone(s) kept pushing on me something they were all about but I didn't have any particular interest in.

Exactly.

Although that is what drove to join this forum, though. Since there's so few people (at least in my area), who enjoy the show as much as I do, I need to let all of these thoughts out. And not wanting to be a bother to my friends, this seemed logical.

lol, I just bother my friends about it XD most of them kinda like ponies, but as of two days ago, one really got into it (but they don't want to participate in the fandom, so I doubt they'll join canterlot or anything). so now I have somebody to talk about it to X3 we sing the songs in the cafeteria really loud, just like when we used to sing Dr. Horrible together