Dragon Age Origins: Ponies United

Shadowbolt0

"Are you really trying to seduce us? What was the point of that, exactly?" Tehengu said, his gaze remaining even as he looked at Dancer. "Why is a bow so strange? Wardens are not limited to melee combat."

"As for her, it's always possible that she simply was not at the battle. Not all Wardens were at that battle, as I am evidence of, so I am sure not all mages not in the Circle were there." He said, looking back to the stallion.

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Buccanner had to admit, they both had a point. There was every possibility that she was indeed meant to be headed to Ostagar, and there was nothing wrong with that. Altough he did indeed distrust magic, if the mage was truthworthy, then maybe...

"Tehengu" he said addressing his warden "I would not normally ask such a mundane task, but found out if that mage is a danger, Dolor go with him if you could. Dancer, you'll stay here. No offense, but you know Cryie and care for her, meaning you' might lie"

Dancer looked to tehengu and let out a little giggle

"in these dangerous times of course not; at least now we know where your mind is"

when buckaneer made made his demand she nodded "ok fair enough." She went over and sat down by him leaning back.

"so we get to red wall; then what will you do?"

Tehengu simply sighed at Dancer's words, shaking his head as he wakes with Dolor over to the mage. 

"Hey. Why aren't you part of the circle?" He asked as they stopped in front of her. "Why are you out here?"

"Redcliff" Buccanner corrected Dancer "When we arrive, I will petition the Arl for assistance. Additional, it'll let us gather our strength and organise our next step. I have on my treaties for the Circle of Magi, the Elves and the Dwarves to help during this blight. I intend to collect their debts, kill Logain then destroy the Archdaemon" he says simply. While he knew there may be obstacles in his plan, that was his plan and he had every intention to follow it, to the death if it was demanded of him.

Cryie looked up, the lightning vanishing from her hands as a Griffon who she didn't recognise and the Minotaur she did recognise walked over in front of her. Jinx, her small cat, lept onto the mages shoulder, and meowed defensively at them, as if to warm them away from Cryie. Circle? What was the circle? She frowned, why did surfacers insist on using fancy words all the time? First it was Templar, then Chantry, then another one called her a malefcarim or something like that, now they wanted to know about a circle? Surfacers....

"I....I don't know what you're talking about..." she admitted "What's this circle you speak off?"

Tehengu gazed at the mare silently for a bit, trying to gauge if she was lying or not. Did she really not know about the Circle? Dolor didn't seem to either, from her expression. What was wrong with these people?

"If you aren't from the Circle, where are you from?" He asked her, looking at the cat for a moment before his gaze returned to her.

Dolor, meanwhile, was smiling at the cat, holding out her hand for the pet to smell.

"Right redcliff; ..." She listened. She internally scolded herself for flubbing her words but there was a lot on her mind. 

"That sounds easy ... On paper. But chances are logain is going to try to corrupt everyone; I already know he has a Mage on his side. So make of that what you will. I think the first thing we should do is infiltrate logain's regency find out what he's planning and why. Then we can get the support we need to assassinate the arch demon."

there was an infinite number of possibilities of what happened. All of them bad news for this party. It made dancers mind I'll just thinking of them.

"I know he's a warden and I'll give him that respect by until we can trust tehengu we need to remain open and realistic about what this is." She said not wanting to sound like she was trying to sully the name of the warden. 

"As for the kid; at this point I don't know anything more about her than you do at this point; but I've already made the choice to protect her. And I think she might be the best asset we have right now"

dancer flinched pulling out a knife and aiming to throw at a noise she heard. She instantly felt foolish only to see it was a crow landing

"sorry; but I think we're all on edge. And very well should be"

"Orzammer" Cryie replies, as if it was normal for a mage to come from the city of Dwarves, a city where no mage had been born ever. "Why? Is there an issue?" she asks, not understand the surface, and thus, not understanding the laws and traditions that had affected mages for so many years.

Jinx leaned towards the Minotaur's hand, and licked it several times.

Buccanner listened to the Jester, and he hated it. He was against the world, since Dancer was right, the chance of corruption from Logain was high. Although he did glare at the girl when she, maybe by accident, suggest Tehengu wasn't trustworthy. A sentiment he couldn't believe. They were wardens, brothers, a warden had never betrayed the order, couldn't.

He shook his head at the suggestion the mage might be an assest. Mages were dangerous, to everyone. While she seemed kind in nature, that could all change very quickly...

"Time will tell Dancer. I don't blame you for being on edge, but remember we Wardens can sense Darkspawn. We'll know if they're about to attack us, I can promise you that much..."

The city of the dwarves? How in the world did she manage to live there as a mage?

"You came from Orzammar..." He repeated, not really believing what she said. "I've never heard of any mages coming from there." He added, his eye narrowing a bit in disbelief. "You want to try again? I suggest the truth."

Dolor smiled, giving a few light laughs as the cat licked her hand. She waited for the cat to finish before gently moving her hand and petting the cat.

Dancer sighed "that's good to know; half of our enemies can't sneak up on us." She pulled her legato her chest and looked to buckaneer 

"now if only you had a sense for jerk ponies we would be all set;" she sat there trying to get comfortable 

"what's it like? When you sense them?" She asked genuinely curios 

Cryie nods her head as the griffon repeated himself, although a look of confusion came across her face when it was clear he thought she was lying.

"I came from Orzammer" she insisted "I come from the city of stone, where the Dogs are born, breed and buried. So I suggest" she mimicked his tone "you believe what i'm telling you"

Jinx arched her head into the minotaur's petting hand, purring slightly before looking over at Tehengu with an evil kitten glare.

Buccanner turned his head at Dancer. He assumed part of her role as 'jester/bodyguard' came with sarcasm.

"Its like...you're walking down a street, and you get this feeling someone is right behind you. You don't know who, or how many, but they're there. You know you can't turn around, but it's the 6th sense of eyes on you...that's how it feels..." he explains. It was hard to explain it in words, he was so used to it, it had become second nature to the Warden.

Tehengu watched her for a couple more seconds before sighing slightly. Of course that's the story she sticks with, one of the most unbelievable stories for where a mage came from.

"Fine, but that still doesn't answer why you're out here. Why not stay in Orzammer?" He asked, raising an eyebrow at her before matching the cat's glare with his own avian one.

Dolor smiled again, continuing to pet the cat and basically ignoring the conversation.

Dancer listened intently. Finally nodding when he was done. 

"So ... You don't have to answer this if you don't want too but .. How long have you been a warden?"

dancer undestood that being a warden was essentially a sacrifice. If you didn't die during the blight you would die or transform in about 30 years. To dancer it just made those who chose to become wardens all the more admirable. And she was essentially asking buckaneer how long he had left to live!

she gave a small peak of her head to see into the tent. The cat seemed upset but other than that it seemed fine.

Cryie raised the book in her hand "We had suppliers down in Lothering for magical books for me, a smuggler I think you surfacers call them. We heard of the blight, and I couldn't risk the knowledge of the books to be lost, s-so, I gathered a team and came up here to collect them" she answered innocently. She didn't understand his issue, what was so wrong about wanting to preserve knowledge? The gift of magic was rare enough, to let what written knowledge there was would be an abomination!

Jinx, despite the glare, purred and rested its head in the Minotaurs hand, and even licked several more times.

Buccanner raised an eyebrow at her question. Sure, it wasn't uncommon for Wardens to know that death was calling for them, not only from their profession, but additionally, his body was on a clock. 30 years or so, if he remembered, until the taint inside of him turned him into one of the creatures he spent his entire life fighting, or something along those lines.

"I've been a warden nearly 20 years, became one when I was 27 and i'm a better warrior that I could have dreamed on becoming" he answered proudly "What about you Dancer?"

Tehengu studied the mare for a few more moments before sighing. 

"Sorry, we just can't be too careful these days and he doesn't trust magic in general. You don't seem to be lying, so that's good news for you." The griffon said, an apologetic smile on his face before he turned to head back to Buccaneer. 

"Me like kitty. Kitty soft." Dolor said, giggling a bit again as the cat did more licking. 

She looked at him with wide eyes, admiration and lots of sadness. He was a good man it was a shame that when when this is over he would only have a few years left to enjoy the peace.

"wowie; I would of never guessed; you could pass for somepony in ther 20's" she said with a smile. She then took a moment to recount her years

"well I've been a shadow guard for about 10 years now; they recruited me when I was just a kid, 8 years old. And have been working as one for about 4 years now. ... Most shadow guards only work for 5 to 10 years before they retire."

Essentially asking how long he had to live felt like a pretty intimate question some more information about herself only felt fair in return

"It's tough on your body and most of the retirements are to help keep fresh blood in. Since your working with kings and dukes and such you build a lot of good connections so when your done you have a lot of options. I personally haven't planned that far ahead. .... Hm Maybe hold a job in something fun; like work for a dog tamer and play with animals all day. Or maybe go back to the circus? I don't know. I'm too worried about the blight to start making plans now. I was hopping I could maybe ride it out safely taking care of some count or someone in the rear" she sighed ; it would of been nice. Protecting someone important, and it would of still felt like she played a role if they Helped fight the blight; even if it was just giving troops or money 

" but looks like we're heading into the storm ... When we reach the town I'll try to  infiltrate logain's info structure. ... If we get the chance I don't think we should kill logain until we find out why he did this. I'm going to assume the worse and prepare there being a lot more to his actions" she stopped and rocked back and fourth thinking 

"you don't suppose he might of got corrupted by the taint?" Just one of her theory's 

if he kept himself isolated from the wardens he might of been able to hide from there sense and it's possible on the battle field, he blended in with all the darkspawn they felt and were fighting

Cryie didn't understand what just happened. Was she being interrogated? Did that even count? It didn't make sense to the girl, these surfacers and their agenda's and their fancy titles and desire to kill whatever they don't understand! She felt her blood boil at the thought of the Tyern Logain...That monster that stole her family away from her! She sighed before looking at Jinx and Dolor, and smiling happily at their interactions. While she had no intention to offend the Minotaur warrior, the girls sentences were...odd. Part of her felt the need to correct her, the other noting that if Jinx could talk, the kitten would probably talk like Dolor.

Jinx, enjoying the attention from the Minotaur, and noticing the griffon leaving, leapt out from Cryie's shoulder and onto the Minotaurs, patting around and meowing affectionately.

Buccanner smiled widely being told he looked 20. While true he was graced with good-youthful looks, he also kept his body in pristine shape. He listened, rather interested hearing the girl explain what a 'Shadow Guard was', and that was it. He liked Dancer. While she may not look the part, a factor he didn't approve of, the girl knew her way around a blade, and that was all he cared around.

"Logain corrupted? No, we'd see. The taint isn't a festerance inside the body. Those who don't master their taint are killed by it, and those who don't die are either transformed into Darkspawn or become Grey Wardens, a-assuming the correct ritual was used" he informs her "This is the selfishness of a single man that had caused all this, a man who, once we rally our allies, will submit to us. He may be power-hungry, but he is a fool if he thinks he can stop the Darkspawn without the Wardens..."

Buccanner turned to face Tehengu as the griffon returned, curious as the Minotaur hadn't returned with him "Well?" he asks

Dolor smiled, sitting down carefully and watching the cat as best she could as it climbed around on her. 

"Me Dolor. Who you?" She asked, addressing both of them. 

"Girl says she's from Orzammer, and she was out here to save some books from destruction. Can't say her story is all that believable, but if she's lying she's very good at it." Tehengu relayed, looking at Buccaneer. 

"Huh so she's a hegemaze ... At least that's what I think they like to call mages who evade the chantry; if she was raised with the dogs it would make sense. That would also mean she had a deeper connection to the ones killed at the camp then I originally though ..."  She said speaking her thoughts out loud. She then figured she should say something stupid to make sure tehengu still underestimated her

"but dogs don't like cats and she has a pet cat hmmm."

with thy that out of the way she shifted her legs, and layer down looking at the stars. there was a lot that needed to be done

"i don't think I'm going to get much sleep anyway. I'll take a watch for a few hours." She stood up stretching a bit slowly lifting her leg up higher and higher until it reached her head getting a good stretch. While holding the pose she said "you two should rest those nice big muscles you got for tomorrow anyway."

Cryie smiled at the Minotaur, before clicking her fingers, the kitten instantly jumping back onto the mages shoulder.

"I'm Cryie, the kitten is Jinx" she says, before smiling bashfully "I am sorry, but, it's been a long day....I could use my sleep" she says respectfully, before turning around and slumping down into her tent. She curled up beside her pet, waves of sadness and anger crashing into her after holding them off for so long, and so silently, depressed, she sunk into a sleep with her dead family on her mind.

Orzammer? Buccanner raised an eyebrow at Tehengu's report of their mage. He shook his head "That's the most outrageous story I've never heard in my life. Orzammar? If we didn't have to move, i'd throttle the answers out of the mage myself. She's a circle run-away I bet it, and the minute we tell her we're going to fight Logain, she'll vanish. Keep a close eye on 'er..." he ordered. He turned his attention to Dancer, sighing at her logical deduction. While what she started with, the camp of dead dogs, made some sense, what she followed it up with didn't. But he didn't bother to correct her.

"I think that'll be ideal Dancer...Wake Tehengu for second watch, he'll wake me for first. Leave the mage out of this, i'd rather not trust her"

After a long night, the group set out for Redcliff. When they arrived at the villiage, they'd be met with no sign of life, and a villiage that seemed abandonded. The doors and windows all boarded up, and corpses, both rotted and fresh, lay on the ground, weapons scattered throughout the town centre. Buccanner ordered the team to split up. He sent Tehengu and Dolor together towards the Redcliff Castle, where they'd find Several Knights coated in blood by the windmill.

He sent Cryie and Dancer together towards the Tavern, hoping any survivors had rallied there.

And he sent himself to the Chantry, hoping that maybe, they'd find what they needed there.

(Sorry for the break, I was ill and now have an ear infection YAY! So yeah, not my best post but i'm afraid i'm doing it in a rush)  

Dolor smiled at the introductions, nodding as she said she needs her rest. The minotaur stood and left the tent so she could sleep, returning to the rest of the group. 

Tehengu shook his head at Dancer's words, not believing she would be that stupid. She was trying too hard, not that he underestimated anyone anymore. In any case, he simply glared at her as she essentially tried seduction again. 

"Fine, I'll take second." He agreed, nodding to Bucanneer. 

When they arrived at the town the next day, Tehengu scanned what he could see, finding nothing but deserted city and death. Tehengu and Dolor set out for the castle, pausing momentarily to inspect the corpses before moving on and stopping in front of the doors. Dolor walked up, trying to open them by herself while Tehengu covered her. 

Dancer was surprised at her self. She wasn't afraid, even all that sad at the carnage. It all really just made her mad!

An entire city slaughtered. How?

"hey hold up kid!" She said as she found a body

"ok so here is this poor mare dead in the streets" she took off the clothing to inspect the types of wounds "let's see what got you, weapons or claws?"  

Dancer took classes when she was in training about investigations: but this was the first time she was actually applying it.

Upon arriving at the gates, they'd find that while the drawbridge was lowered, the metal gate was also lowered, making entrance impossible. Even the strength of the Minotaur was not enough to make them budge.

"Ho friends!" Calls out a voice, and emerging behind the Minotaur and Griffon came 4 Earthborn knights, all clad in silver Redcliff armour, all armed to the teeth, and all looking exhausted "You wouldn't be trying to get into the castle would you? Many things have happened here, and the castle isn't safe, not even for me and my knights...The names Sir Perth" the lead knight, Perth, stood shorter than both the Warden and his companion, yet there was nothing but confidence coming from the knight "What are you doing here? Surely the world has heard of our struggles and has sent more than...mercenaries to assist!"

Cryie followed Dancer, looking at the desctruction around her. It saddened her to see such death, such slaughter. It was far from the worst she'd seen, the Darkspawn earned that prize. She paused when being told to 'hold up', although didn't like being called kid after it, but she hung back, her staff drawn. She didn't like this town. It was wrong.

As Dancer checked the body, she'd see a mixture of blade cuts as well as what appear to be teeth marks and broken bones , although the proper cause of death would be impossible to identify.

"W-what is it?" Cryie asks from several steps away, trying to pear around Dancer. To Cryie, it looked like the girl was Looting the corpse!

Tehengu looked over at the Knights that arrived, signaling Dolor to stop trying to lift the gate. 

"Not mercs." He said simply, pausing for a moment before continuing. "What even happened here?" He asked, remaining on guard as Dolor walked back over. 

when she finished dancer folded the bodies arms and closed its eyes. She took some of the gold in its pockets, then sprinkled some dust on it in an inproptu burial.

dancer stood up and looked to cryie gesturing to keep walking 

"can't say for certain ..." She paused for a minute 

she could either tell her the hypothesis and keep her calm or tell her the truth and risk having her start to panick.

dancr herself would be panicking if she weren't so mad

"so what do you know about the blight?" She asked

Archived