Dragon Age Origins: Ponies United

Shadowbolt0

Cryie didn’t want to leave, but had no choice. With her pack of books, some weapons and her tent packed, she took Jinx from Dancer. The kitten was sad, Cryie could tell that from the look in its eye.

'Is that how I look to Dancer?' she hoped not, but was certain she did. She would morn her family, and hated that in time, she'd be ok with their deaths. But for now, the pain in her heart was too much to acknowledge it. Placing Jinx on her shoulder, where the kitten curled up, she let herself be lead towards the road.

Buccanner pointed to the road, just north of the windmill "Up there. We're headed to a town called Red Cliff. We need to sit down and figure out our plan of attack, plus we need allies to stand with us against Logain and the Blight, and your Shadow Callers. We'll find them here, i'm certain of it" he replied. He continues walking with the Minotaur in trail, until he sniffed the air. Smoke. Burning. Something was on fire! He grabbed his blade with his right hand, glancing back at his ally.

"Back me up, something's on fire" he said simply before jogging North, turning around a hill and nearly running down Dancer and Cryie, only managing to stop himself with a strong lean backwards. He raises the blade in a defensive fasion, his eyes going from the 2 females in front of him, to the burning camp behind them, to the cat on the robbed girls shoulder, to the Jester outfit on the other. He was confused. What was a priestess with a pet and a clown doing this far south next to a camp on fire?!

"I demand to know who you are and why that camp is on fire" he says, a coldness in his voice, like a sword being aimed. He had his suspicions, as silly as they seemed, these two were responcibly for the fire and presumable, the murder of the camps inhabitants. He needed to know how they were. That's when the Bucanner seemed to freeze, that priest....she was carrying a shield on her arm....a shield with the symbol of Logain! She was loyal to him! He had to stay his blade, but his stance shifted to aggressive, and anger flowed onto his face. He'd KILL them for being Logain supports!

Cryie was in shock, and simply stared at the pair. The warrior clad in heavy blue armour was unfamiliar, but she didn't react at all. Even as his demeanour shifted to one of anger, she stared at him, or in reality, thought him. Her shock didn't allow her to notice the anger 'beat with a mohawk' staring her down.

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Dolor nodded to his response, continuing on with him as they moved down the road. She paused when she smelled the fire, turning towards where the smell came from and moving to it before Buccaneer even said to. 

She jogged with him to the camp, skidding to a stop next to him and staring down the two females. One was the hooded girl from the library, but she didn't recognize the other one. 

"Why you here?" She asked as a repeat to his question, holding her hammer at the ready. 

"That's it, it's ok. You'll feel better if you walk a bit." She trying to sound comforting

as they got close to the path she began applying some of her makeup and slipped on her jacket "listen these roads are dangerous and two mares like us are going to be an easy target I'm going to suite ..." She stopped when the duo of buccaneer and dolore aproched them

"This freaking day just keeps getting better and betta" she moaned as they prosecuted them. She Reyes her best to think up a story on the spot but she really wasn't prepared for any of this

"ehh aha! Um well you see, we're both widows! Our husbands were killed in the battle and we're heading to to red wall were we can go back to our family's! We uhh just stumbled upon this we got nothing to do with it right sis?" She elbowed cryie with a wink positioning her face so only she could see.

upon further examination it looked almost like the stallion was a warden? But what would one be doing so close to logain?"

if he he really was a warden she would be obliged to aide him in any way but for now she wasn't sure and he seemed like he really wanted to kill them.  First she just had to secure there safety 

Cryie didn't react at all, despite Dancers coaxing, her just continued her blank stare through the Warden,

Buccanner, on the other hand, didn't by it. Not for a second. While the priestess looking girl indeed looked upset, the Jester was too, cheery. Yet, he was certain the Jester wasn't part of Logain's entourage, he'd of seen her, meaning she and the other girl may not know eachother at all....He glared at Dancer. Her 'friend's eyes were looking straight at him, and yet he could tell she wasn't there. He knew that look, he'd had it mere hours ago....Something had hit that logain supports hard.

"I do not appreciate lies" Buccanner says simply "Even more from a follower of Tyern Logain! So listen, Jester" he points the tip of his blade at Dancer "This friend of yours, she carries the shield marked with the symbol of Tyern Logain, a man who very recently tried to kill me and every single Grey Warden in Feraldan. Unless she's very important, she had many things to answer....." the look in Buccanners eyes made one thing clear. These answers would mostly be her screaming in pain...pain Buccanner was getting excited upon inflicting.

The harlequin kept up her smile but on the inside she was having a meltdown "crap! He didn't buy it! And now he wants to kill the girl! Maybe he has more cunning than I though ... Wait ... The way her spoke of the wardens ... He really is one!" She internalized 

She narrowed her eyes almost looking a bit seductive 

"are you a grey warden? Because if you are not! We're just going to to get out of here; but if you are! We working towards the same goal and can actually help you!" 

She he was willing to extend an olive branch and some trust ... But they had to go first!

"She no have shield in book place." Dolor muttered to herself, her face screwed up in thought. "Where she get shield?"

"He warden." Dolor said after the girl's words, giving a nod in response. "What want?"

"Yes I am a Grey Warden" confirms Buccanner, giving a thankful nod to Dolor. It was nice to have backup, even if it was against a clown and a priestess. "Why do you care if i'm a warden. Surely you know what Logain did, that scum, and not only that. This priest friend of yours is carrying his mark...Meaning she knows..." Buccanner took an agreesive step forwards, and if Dolor or Dancer didn't intervene, would grab Cryie by her collar and lift the girl into the air.

Dancer knew when someone was about to attack; it was the most important part of her job. She also knew how to intervene without anyone getting hurt; at her own expense.

"ok good I thought so" she quickly jumped in between the Mage and the warden directing it so he would grab a handful of her breast rather than cryies neck. She continued talking without skipping a beat

"now that I know we're on the same side some truth is in order. You and this girl have a lot in commen. This sheild is all we found where her ... Friends were killed. You both were wronged by logain. And we both need to get to red wall and we both need to stop the blight before we all get horribly violated out of every hole and then some! Right sis?" She said looking to dolor and winking 

Buccanner was taken aback from Dancer's actions, and instantly moved his hand back onto the hilt on his blade. He looked at the Jester suspiciously, she knew, a lot...and claimed that the priestess looking girl was not only was an ally, but had similar experiences from Logain. IF she were telling the truth, then he had been lucky indeed and found another ally. However, his fear, was what if it was a lie? What if they were logain's spies?

He turns his head to Dolor. He needed a stable head, his was too clouded by his anger at Logain to know for certain "Dolor? You think we should bring them along?"

"Me no have sister..." Dolor replied to Dancer's words, tilting her head a bit in confusion. Her gaze remained on the two mares for a bit, looking over to Buccaneer as he spoke to her.

"No know her." She said, gesturing at Dancer before continuing. "She no have shield at book place though." She added, gesturing to the robed mare. "They no seem bad though."

Dancer rubbed her breast; "you got a strong grip I'll give ya that much handsome"  she then stopped and put her hands around cryie in a protective fashion ready to scoop her up and run at a moments notice. 

She was willing to do a LOT of stupid things; but fight a grey warden was not one of them. Having the respect she did for the esteemed warriors she didn't even think she could if she wanted to.

"but wouldn't you rather put it on logain's neck than two harmless ladies who right about now need you as much as you need them." She dropped the act; she was completely honest in her words and intent

"also; I'm sorry about what happened to your brothern. Had I know. What would of happened I would of gone out of my way to stop it; but now here we are in this mud hole of a situation. We can either work together to climb out of it or waste our energy fighting in it!"

the harliquin stayed calm and in control on the outside; but inside this was all taking a toll on her. The day was far from over and all she wanted was a hot bath and a bottle of sweet wine;

make that 2 bottles

Buccanner listened to Dolor. The girl didn't have the shield before in, what he assumed, was a library. Meaning, meaning she picked it up recently...That look in her eyes, Dolor's information, and even the talk from Dancer, made it crystalise in his mind. Whoever they were working for, it wasn't Logain. He couldn't tell the relationship between the girls, why a Jester-bodyguard thing and what looked like a strange priest NOT wearing the markings of the chantry were working together were well beyond him....But Dolor was right. They didn't seem to be his enemy. The Jester seemed capable of combat, although the other girl was nothing more than a civilian in all this to him, and civilians had no place in a battlefield. Lothering was doomed, but he could leave her at Red-cliff and problem solved..

"Ok fine, jester. I trust you...I am Captain Buccanner Armstrong, this is Dolor, she is helping me. We'll help you if you help us, as simple as that. While i'm not a fan of it, your friend will come with us to Redcliff...I will not bring a civilian into this fight..." Ignorant to what Cryie really was, seeing her as just a priestess, not a mage.

"We'll be moving now. We'll arrive there tomorrow, so we'll have plenty of time to learn whose who..." and with that, he started marching forwards, assuming they'd follow.

Cryie looked at Dancer who was holding her "Why....?" she says quietly.

Dolor smiled at the two mares as Buccaneer accepted them into the little group. The Minotaur lowered her hammer, patting the robed mare on the back before walking after Buccaneer. 

"Come. He no wait it seem." Dolor said to them, looking back for a moment. 

They were in!

Dancer was awestruck for a moment realizing she had met and was working with a grey warden before she turned back to cryie 

"sometimes these things don't have a why? No only or thing we can blame it on: no matter how much simpler that would make it."

she he darted and grabbed there bags. She caught up again and gently pushed cryie 

" but we do know logain; and the blight have something to do with this." She said putting the prices togather herself.

she looked to her new allies and sighed. It was a long walk to red wall. She hopped cryie could snap out of it at least to carry her own bags

Cryie didn't understand, her sense slowly returning to her. She didn't understand what had happened fully, but only one thing clicked in her mind, one thing that mattered. Whoever had been responsible for her families death, they were on the warpath towards. And despite all her knowledge, her self-promise to never harm...she found a blood-lust rising through her. They'd regret the day they murdered them!  She took her bags from Dancer, and while asking only a few questions about what a 'Grey Warden' was and why they were important, spent the rest of it chatting to her cat, which was perched loyally on her shoulder, and scimming through a book.

AFTER SEVERAL HOURS*

A camp had been set-up, off to the side of a main path only a few hours from Redcliff. Darkness had shrouded upon them and were forced to set up a camp. In the middle of the camp, a fire, started by Buccanner, to keep the members of his 'team' warm. While he disliked how weak it would make them, he also knew they were travelling with a civilian and couldn't risk being too harsh on her. The Captain was sitting in front of his tent, polishing his blades while still wearing his large bulky armour.

Cryie was at the nearby river, having washed her clothes. When they'd first arrived, she'd gone off and entered a sate of solitude. She hated how it felt, the emptiness in her head because of what had happened, but she looked back at the camp. They'd helped her, help her kill this 'Logain' and avenge her family, a conquest of blood! She slowly made her way back to her tent, and opened one of the textbooks she had picked up at Lothering. 'Introduction to elemental magic' was the books title, should anyone care to look. And resting on the ground next to her, her staff.

(Pyro, T can makehis entrance here, additionally this is a chance for characters to say hello. The camp will go on for about a page max, since I don't want to stall the story much. When things 'slow down', i'll time-skip to Redcliff)

Dancer had answered all cryies questions, and stole a few pets from the cat. By the time they had set up camp everything seemed fine; no darkspawn, no bandits, and none of logain's men. 

She he had managed to put on her full costume. A small skirt with a black and red pattern and a large purple jacket. The jacket had hidden pockets for all her knives and weapons. She had checked on cryie a few times making sure she didn't get snatched up. She had gathered some fire wood and somehow relaxed. She watched the large stallion tend to his weapons and thought about saying something; she always admired the wardens but now that she was actually with one; personally. She didn't particularly know what to say she watched him as she later by the fire rubbing her feet.

Dolor was sitting cross-legged in front of the fire, gazing into the flames silently as she thought to herself about what was to come and what had already happened. It was time to face danger for the sake of others again. She had no problem with that, it was her job after all. 

-------

Nearby, a griffon walked over a hill, looking around before spotting a fire. His eye narrowed a bit, approaching stealthily and looking at the inhabitants. A Minotaur... And a large pony off to the side... Was he a warden too? It looked like it. 

After another moment, he approached the stallion, not even trying to be stealthy now. 

"You're a warden." He said, more of a statement than a question. "What are you doing out here?"

Buccanner knew he was there before the griffon showed himself. It was part of the taint. Just like how a Grey Warden knew there was a Darkspawn nearby, he had been a Warden for so long he knew the sense of another Warden! He shoot to his feet, and a large booming smile emerged on his face as the griffon state he was a warden.

"Brother!" He exclaims happily "What are you doing here is a better question. We're heading north, after the disaster at Ostagar, I'm rally what I can to stand against Logain and the Darkspawn Horde...I could use a brother in this war..." Buccanner needed another Warden. He knew what it took to kill the Archdemon, how to create more wardens, and there always needed to be two...

Cryie barely reacted to Buccanner's action and the new arrival of the Griffon, and was instead lying down with the book in her hands still reading, Jinx meowing at the new arrival in a protecting fashion. And if anyone paid the mage any attention, they'd see, as she sat up, in her right hand, a lightning, much like that which rolls from the sky during a storm, began to flicker between her fingers.

Tehengu smiled slightly as the male welcomed him. Of course they both knew what the other was, it was part of being a warden. Honestly, he kept forgetting about that. No matter though, it seemed this little group was headed to get help facing Logain and the Blight.

"Of course I'll join you, we wardens need to stick together. I am hiding from Logain's hunters while trying to find more Wardens to help them out." He replied, chuckling slightly. "I wasn't part of what happened at Ostagar, but it didn't take long to hear about it."

The griffon would've said more, but the minotaur had walked over, looking between the two curiously as the slight light produced by the robed mare drew his eye. Lightning?

"You found yourself a mage?" He asked, his gaze still on the mare. "And a jester and minotaur..."

Buccanner found himself fortunate. A surving warden was a maker-sent gift in this situation. Ostagar would stain the names of all Wardens for generations to come...

Buccanner knew that, in a standard times, his selection of allies was odd. But with his back to the wall, what choice did he have. Although, he frowned at the mention of a mage. He hadn't recruited a mage. A jester and minotaur yes, but a mage?! The only other was....the priestess....

Slowly turning around, he eyed the girl with the pet cat, and true enough, it seemed magic was dancing between her fingers. A growl came out of his throat "...Mage...." he didn't trust mages, not many did "I didn't know she was a mage....why is she out of the circle....?"

As the archer approached; dancer just wasn't in the mood. She was hopping she could see buccaneer or Dolore in action, bit it turned out he was friendly!

she watched the interaction turning her head back and forth. But then stopped when she saw cryie was practicing a new spell. She tryed to scoot herself in fromt of her blocking the sight but it was too late. 

"Hooo boy more awkwardness" she stood up looking at the griffon. 

her first priority was of course cryie. She stood up and and walked over dropping the flap of the tent. This only made it worse as the little jolts of lighting shown they the tent.

The harliquin sighed and approached the griffon. Being completely professional "it's an honor to work with another warden. I have a deep respect for anyone who has accepted the responsibility." She gave a slight nod of the head. Her mane flowing forward. "I am dancer estrago, shadow bodyguard. I met the the girl this morning; she is indeed full of surprises." 

She looked dolor smiling wishing she could help out and give another character stand, for cryie. 

Tehengu looked back to the stallion as he spoke of hating magic. Not that the griffon could blame him. 

"You probably know more about her than I do, don't ask me." He said simply at the stallion's question. When the jester approached, he turned towards her, watching as she introduced herself. 

"Nice to meet you too. You do know that he's the one that really hates magic, right?" Tehengu said, gesturing towards the stallion. He didn't really like magic, but he saw it could be useful so he tended to tolerate it on his side. 

Dolor looked at Dancer strangely, not sure what she wanted from her. Was she supposed to do something?

Buccanner watched as the Jester came back up and introduced herself to his fellow warden. The girl did seem to hold them in high regard, which was a good thing for now. Not only that, but she seemed to be vouching for the mage in their company, a thought that sent a shiver through his spine.

He knew that, from the griffon's statement alone, that he didn't mind mages, or at least, didn't find a worry with them. Maybe he was the only one, but he wouldn't let that stop him from at least expressing his thoughts.

"I distrust mages" he says simply "They're dangerous to our enemies, us and herself. But that's not my issue. My issue is why is she here? All mages either died at Ostagar or are in the Circle. And I don't remember seeing her from Ostagar, nor her pet cat. Also she's a kid, you've seen it. So why is she out here with us and not locked up in the circle?"

Dancer shot a seductive look at them both and heaved up her chest 

"well that's a good question, I don't know.  Those ... Diamond dogs meant a lot to her. Anything other than that is assumptions.

she turned to tehengu and kindly asked "so my good sir. It seems you favor a bow. I didn't know wardens were interested in such weapons." She said hoping to curve the subject. 

Archived