[After-Gala]Gates of the Garden

IceStorm

~~~Medo~~~

This night had been very stranged for Medo. She had seen a lot of things tonight that she wasn't really sure what to make of. First off, she had seen the Empress and her brother tonight. That alone made the night memorible, and the Empress had even given her the honor of greeting her!That was something that she felt that was truly special. Of course the Empress was a pony just like anypony else, but she figured that she would have had far more important ponies that she could have spoke with than a little medicine pony from a small farming village.

Then of course there was the mare that was fleeing from the ballroom and said something about a Caribou inside. She had to admit that she herself was a bit scared of what she had heard. She remembered the stories that she was told by her father about how the Caribou would raid the lands when even his grandfather was young and they would pillage everything around them in route to take what they needed or wanted. However, the lack of commotion otherwise coming from the ball room was at least some indication that if there was anything in there, they were not hostile. Who knew, perhaps over here Caribou were just.... well Caribou and not Viking Caribou. Was that something that could even be a thing? She wasn't sure but she figured it could be.

Even with that though, the part of the night that had frightened her the most was when the two phoenixes began fighting each other turning the gardens into their battle grounds. Medo couldn't help but flee as the battle began to intensify. Especially when it became apparent that the two phoenixes had no regard for anypony else that might end up getting hurt from they quarrel. When everything calmed down, she found herself pretty much just outside of the gates of the garden and it looked like for the most part, the Gala had ended. It looked like there were quite a few ponies from the ball room that had gathered around more in the center of the park, and it looked like a light blue unicorn mare in a black dress had just come back from the outside with a good number of long neck bottles. She presumed that it was alcohol of some sort but was too far away to read it. Perhaps tonight wouldn't be too bad of a night after all.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

OOC NOTICE: For those two characters already with the Empress, I'm starting things out in medias res.

FutyNZo.jpg?1

Elsewhere on the edges of the park, the tarnished visage of a Long Guo empress confided with two females. One a pegasus, the other a diamond dog. The Grand Galloping Gala had not gone well for Yù Yuè at all, as what was meant to be an informal ceremony became a disaster zone when the two phoenixes got out of control. At this very moment, the royal Qilin held one symbol of her bad fortune in her hooves; a charred crown that the pegasus, Fluttershy, rushed to return to her. Yuè hadn't been sure why, since the crown was all but useless after having been scorched by phoenix fire.

The other companion was Liviel, a fellow Anointed Follower of the Harmonious Path. A sister-in-mysticism she could be rightfully called, as both she and Yuè trained together under the Fenghuang Monks. Even though the Empress found it hard these days to show her vulnerable doubt-ridden side to others, she'd do it for a trusted walker of the Path... and for a heart full of kindness like Fluttershy's.

Currently, the melancholy Yuè continued to elaborate on the potential repercussions of the ceremony. ".....And they all saw how Fu Feng disobeyed my plea to stop the fighting; how he thought nothing of putting me in danger. This will be viewed as a bad omen by those who question my ability to rule. If I can't command the respect of a heavenly fenghuang... will the Long Sun continue to have faith in their Empress?"

0CeCtKvm.jpg

Well... the garden didn't look very good. Knowing the events that had occurred Silver had found himself worried about how things had gone here. The knowledge that the Qilin empress was hear and was caught in the conflict between Philomena and their own gift was sure to be a rather controversial topic for the time being. Thankfully there had been no terrible injuries as far as he'd heard. Well, save for his sister apparently being incapacitated but Presteza was more durable than she looked and from the rumors the empress' own staff took her in to look after her seeing as she'd been at point blank and had her eyes open during a rainbow burst... they were the experts in this sort of thing but as a sibling he couldn't help but worry.

Silver's walk though the damaged garden made him uneasy... all this disarray and clashing colors of burnt and mangles plants mixed with the still green areas of the area was irritating his desire for order. There was nothing he could do here though: he had little knowledge of mending plants. Now all he could do was walk on and occupy himself with something. 

At the edge of the park he took notice of a small group nearby: a pegasus, a qilin, and a diamond dog. The one in the center of this group; The Qilin, was looking incredibly downtrodden. He couldn't help but overhear the mare's words. So she was the empress? Silver hadn't been briefed on the information regarding the empress. Her worries were rather valid... Even Princess Celestia had those who would criticize her, the day when she had been magically bested by a love empowered queen Chrysalis and the reaction some less gracious Equestrian voiced worries. "Excuse me... You must be the Empress Yu Yue. " The unicorn bowed down politely to the group in general, "I am Presteza's brother... and I would like to thank you for taking her in. May I speak with you and your friends?"

Rumors had reached Halvard of just what had happened in the Gardens after he had departed from his meeting with the Empress.  That wild and proud beasts had gotten somewhat out of control was nothing strange to the caribou, and he wouldn't have put much stock into it, as far as omens went.  After all, no beasts were wilder or prouder than those of Whitescar, his homeland, and to say that one could not control them was no more shameful than saying that one could not throw a mountain into the sea.

What was somewhat shameful was not being able to keep tabs on members of one's retinue, and hearing of a certain giggly unicorn that had been involved in the fiasco did it's part to raise Halvard's ire.  Really now, did Chipper have to tag along like that, and then be allowed to go off without supervision?  He wasn't sure whose fault it was, really, but he knew that some sort of apology should be offered to the Empress on his behalf, at any rate.

He wasn't able to locate her immediately, though he could see one of her kind just outside the Ballroom doors.  Trotting up to Medo, he bowed, decorative armor gleaming in the moonlight.  "Pardon me, but would you happen to know where the Empress of Long Guo is?  I have something important that I need to say to her."

Liviel frowned as she listened to her friend speak of her worries. They were well founded, but she still didn't like that Yue had to go through them. The dog placed a paw on her friend's back gently, trying to comfort her. 

"Yue, I understand your worries, but I think you are a wonderful empress. Perhaps you are simply being tested, to see how you deal with a difficult situation and how you are after it. Perhaps it was simply bad luck. In either case, I will always support you, Yue, and I will happily return home to support you if you wish." Liviel said, giving her friend a reassuring smile. 

Before she could say any more, a stallion approached and addressed Yue, asking if he could join in the conversation. Liviel looked over the pony after giving her nod of approval, taking him in while awaiting Yue's decision. 

Fluttershy had made a decision.  During the ceremony in the garden, she had been determined to remain formal with Empress Yù Yuè.  The quilin had seemed to be a pillar of strength.  Though young, she was the ruler of an entire nation, and without the benefit of an Alicorn's powers.  

Now, Fluttershy saw something else in the Empress;  a young mare, just as uncertain of herself as anyone her age would be, thrust into a position she wasn't sure she was ready for.  So, the pegasus cast aside all the formality of the occasion.  Yù Yuè didn't some formal arraignment with Equestria at the moment, she needed a friend.

Fluttershy had been very surprised to learn that the female diamond dog who had been at the ceremony was not only a monk from Long Guo, but a friend of Yue's.  Fluttershy's impression of diamond dogs was, admittedly, very limited, but it had not been positive...  However, Liviel was very well spoken, and seemed very loyal to Yue.  She nodded her head in agreement at the dog's words.  "She's right, Emp... Yue.  Don't blame yourself for this!"  

Hesitantly, Fluttershy put a wing over Yue's back.  "Wild animals can be unpredictable.  And Philomena... she... well... she... likes to play pranks on ponies.  You had no idea she would act like that!  If anything, I should have seen it coming!"  Fluttershy stopped there, before she started blaming herself for the fight.  "But you," she continued, "You stepped right between two powerful, magical creatures to stop them!  I think that was very brave!"  The pegasus pulled back a bit before adding, "And... um... two birds fighting is hardly the worst thing that I caus... that has happened at a Gala..."  

Fluttershy looked up as a stallion approached them.  The silver stallion looked familiar somehow, and not just from his resemblance to Presteza.  The pegasus winced a bit at the thought of Presteza being blasted away at the beginning of the fight.  Fluttershy had been reassured that the unicorn was OK, but it still had been frightening.  She looked down at Yue uncertainly before saying to the stallion, "Y-you're Silver, right?  Presteza has mentioned you before!  But, um, I'm not sure the Empress is feeling up to meeting new ponies right now..."

FutyNZo.jpg?1

Both Liviel and Fluttershy chimed in to express words of encouragement and reassurance to Yuè. Although they did little to numb the Qilin's uncertainty of what the future laid in store, she was grateful to be in the caring company of two companions. Holding back a chuckle, the Empress shook her head as she addressed Fluttershy; "This young, dull mare can take no credit for actions which anybody else would have done in my place." It was actually quite normal for Yuè to brush off compliments like being called "brave"; according to her late father's teachings, the superior mare did not brag about her accomplishments or traits.

Something about Fluttershy's last sentence made Yuè curious to learn more. Instead, the Qilin turned towards Liviel, placing a hoof on the Diamond Dog's shoulder (while keeping the damaged crown clutched in the other). "Our destinies lie along different paths. I know now that it was always my fate to sit on the Dragon Throne. But you, Liviel; your future is to travel the world and use your teachings in the service of others. It is in your nature, and I can't ask of you to sacrifice your future for my sake."

Before anymore words could be spoken, a new pony came up to the group bearing a ring of familiarity. He claimed to be Presteza's brother, and he certainly looked the part too. Same hair... and same freckles! Regardless, having a stranger in their midst meant the Empress could no longer afford the luxury of laying bare her vulnerable side. The time came to put back on the mask of a stalwart, graceful ruler of Long Guo.

"It's quite alright," Yuè affirmed to the others with gentle confidence, placing the charred crown in Liviel's paws before turning back to Silver. Placing herself in the mindset of a filial sibling, the Empress concluded that there could only be one reason for the brother to have ventured so far away from ailing Presteza. "I presume you are here seeking answers about how your sister came to harm?"

0CeCtKvm.jpg

Hmm the shift to the more eloquent and softspoken mannerisms caught the stallion's attention. It reminded him of how he would act when he was addressing those under his command. Sometimes you needed to put on a strong face for yourself or for others... sometimes a bit of both. Fluttershy was being her usual considerate self. In response to his sister's acquaintance, Silver gave a slight bow to her. 

"It's nice to meet you, Miss Fluttershy. Presteza had told me much about your kindness to her in the past. I would like to personally thank you for taking care of my sister." The stallion's voice, while still androgynous spoke with more weight now. Sounding more official than before as if paying respect to a superior when he addressed the Element of kindness. 

"I thank you for the audience, Empress." The stallion began, "The answer to your question is... both yes and no. I can probably guess how it went. Presteza was enraptured by this wondrous new specimen of a creature. She walked up, got too close when she shouldn't have and was in the more or less center of where the Fu Feng I believe his name was and Philomena had it out, correct?" Fresco looked worried as he spoke, each word sounding ever so slightly unsteady, "I understand your ponies are looking after her. I ran into them earlier... just said she needed to rest her eyes a bit because she'll be seeing nothing but an infinite rainbow prism for about a week... otherwise she'll be alright." 

Liviel sighed softly at Yue's response, though she knew her friend was right. They were not meant to be together in that way, simply friends from afar that came together from time to time. Oh well, she was more than happy to help Yue when she could, and it wasn't like she had said she would be there forever, simply until the problem had passed. The dog gave a nod to her friend's words, smiling at her a bit.

Liviel took the crown as Yue handed it to her, giving Silver a small smile as he spoke with Yue. As he spoke about how he thought things went down Liviel was a bit surprised by how accurate it was.

"That is essentially what transpired, sir. I am Liviel, if you need anything, don't hesitate to ask." She said, giving a small bow at the end, being careful not to drop the charred crown.

With all the drama that the Gala had seen this night, the Ballroom had been spared most of it. Sure, there was a falling out between a couple of guests, but that certainly wasn't going to, and didn't stop, Tarisio's lovely dance with the equally lovely Rarity. It certainly would be a night to remember for many reasons, and while that was chiefly among them, the fact he was able to talk Minerva into actually wearing a dress was equally shocking. Though he was sure he would be paying for it later somehow. Speaking of his dutiful first mate...she seemed to have slipped off while the griffon wasn't looking. While of course he was worried she might get herself into trouble, he had no doubt that she could just as easily find her way out of trouble. She's bullheaded, not stupid.

So instead of dwelling on something such as that, Tarisio opted instead to make the most of his night in Canterlot, and what better way to do so than a stroll through the gardens and do some thinking! Specifically on how to leave the gala, without being questioned by guards. By the looks of things though, the captain wasn't the only guest of the Gala that had the same idea. A few ponies here and there milled about. Even a qilin or two. At least it was still nice and quiet. Certainly, he was fine getting in, no one wanted to cause a scene attempting to arrest a pirate when all the bigwigs were out and about, but now that things had calmed down and most of the elite had made their leave, it wouldn't surprise Tarisio one bit if an overzealous guard decided now was a good time to try for a promotion. With a little sigh, the griffon wandered over to a tree to lean upon and contemplate.

Smoke gathered at the garden's edge, unusual for how clear the night was. It swirled and eddied, gradually suggesting a shape like a hunch-backed unicorn. As the space cleared around it, it further clarified into the unmistable silhouette of a unicorn with a slicked back mane, who seemed to be carrying something on his back. In fact, after just a few seconds, it SNAPPED into focus, revealing a dull blue stallion with teal eyes, wearing a dashing opera cloak over a tuxedo front. He had his usually parted mane done in a slicked back variation, and bore himself quite regally, in spite of the albino hippogriff foal on his ba-wait, what?!

Indeed, the guard was carrying none other than 'dread' 'pirate' Edelweiss 'Goldplume'. Wait, no, Goldplume was legitimate. The 'nefarious' hippogriff had been FOILED trying to sneak into the party to steal treasure from the coat-check room. Unfortunately his natural camouflage was somewhat spoiled when he forgot to camouflage his skiff purloined cart. He'd been caught by a stallion he had assumed was just another party-goer, and someone he could shanghai! Whatever that meant. But the older pony turned out to be a guard who recognized the cart from a newspaper, and had not only apprehended the grifflet, but had returned the cart to Ponyville and then came back here. Edelweiss was, understandably, a little disoriented.

Licorice glanced around the gathering, playing 'spot the feathers' until he found the correct set. His target acquired, he walked up to the actual pirate and tapped him on the shoulder. "Tarisio Goldplume." he said in his cop voice. He knew who and what the griffon was, but...well, he had a soft spot for foals, and he knew that sometimes, just sometimes, having one of your own around was enough to turn a stallion, or griffon around. "Does this belong to you?"

~~~Medo~~~

To say that Medo stood out from anypony else would have been almost comical. In fact, she was pretty sure that she looked just like another Unicorn to most ponies, and while she had come to the Gala to try to socialize and make some new friends tonight, what has actually happened so far had been quite the opposite. Sure, she got to speak with the Empress for a couple lines before the entire group was under attack by two phoenixes that were out of control. Pretty much instantly, many ponies seemed to flock towards the Empress once again, whom herself looked like an emotional wreck at first as well, but Medo would never dare say anything of the such to her. She knew that the Empress was a pony just like anypony else, and there would be times when she just needed support from those around her, but she was still the Empress. There was a certain level of respect that needed to be maintained and there were ways to show support without focusing on the emotional status of the one that was ruling all.

That said, Medo pretty much remained alone, as she had for most of the night. The fact that she was so different from everypony else made it a bit difficult for her to try to place herself within any particular group of ponies that were speaking about. Everypony seemed to know each other in some way or at least had something in common to speak about. Her? She had only been in Equestria for a few months and barely knew some of her classmates. Let alone any of the high-class ponies that were present at an event such as this one. She wondered if perhaps it had been a good idea to come at all. It only served as a reminder at how different the two places were. She was sure that she could make friends, but the main issue that kept coming back to her was.... where would she start? She didn't know the name of any pony here, she didn't know anything about what anypony here liked... she could always try speaking with the Empress again herself, but then that would make it seem like she was just trying to get attention herself, which would not look good for her.

While she was in thought another pony seemed to come up to her. When Medo looked up, she stopped dead in her hooves. The creature that had approached her... wasn't a pony at all. It was a Caribou... Medo stiffened as she remembered the stories that her father told her. This Caribou seemed to be heavily armored. However, the armor did not look of that of battle armor. In fact, it looked more fashionable than it was functional. The earlier mention of Caribou had startled her a decent bit, but... if this was the Caribou that the other Qilin was talking about... he wasn't attacking, pillaging or doing anything of the like, and his voice when he spoke was calm, and almost sincere... He even bowed to her!!! Everything she had ever known about these creatures was just turned upside down.

Then she heard him say that was looking for the Empress. Of course he was! Everypony was always looking for her. She couldn't really expect any different in reality though. The way he spoke though, and his wording, said that he had something important that he needed to talk with her about. Medo gave the bou a gentle nod. "The Empress is right over there," she said pointing to the group of ponies with a hoof. She said looking over the bou once more. After finding out that he wasn't the big mean thing that her father had told her about, or at least seemed like he wasn't she became quite curious.

Aside from that though, she remained quite and looked around the park. There were many ponies over by the Champagne table that the one of the other ponies had set up a good ways into the the park from where they were. She had never had champagne before, so that would have to be something that she at least tried tonight. However she watched as more ponies gathered around and seemed to be talking there as well, as the blue unicorn broke away from the group with a red one and seemed to be holding something. She then turned and focused back on the immediate area that she was in and noticed that there were a few other new ponies that had joined the group.

Once again though, one of them was not a pony, but a griffon... and a handsome looking one at that. The dark red suit with the gold hemming, whom ever had made it was quite the professional. She wanted to walk over to where he was, but she also knew that it would be rude to walk away from the Caribou as well. After all, there was always a chance that he wouldn't instantly move to address her with so many ponies already around her so she didn't want him to think that she was blowing him off. Truthfully that was the last thing that she ever wanted a Caribou to think of her. The caribou was being nice now. She didn't want to give him a reason to be not nice and find out if her fathers stories were true for all, which right now she was leaning more towards that of anything else. They have some that are bad, and others that are not so bad. This one... so far wasn't bad at all.

It wasn't unusual, Halvard was discovering, for those of the Southern and Eastern lands to look askance at him.  Were he the first of his kind to make contact with them, he might have resented it.  Knowing that they had probably already received a first impression from the likes of the Red Jarl, or some such similar caribou, was a perspective he had to constantly remind himself to take.  Raising the reputation of Whitescar among the world was going to be a long, hard job for sure.

Being a bull of the far West, however, he was mostly unaware of the particular history that Neighpon had with the Viking Raiders.  True, he'd heard about it, but in an offhand way.  No voice of experience or tradition made the truth hit home for him.  Nevertheless, he determined to keep a light touch with all he dealt with, before he could get the measure of them.  "Thank you.  Is she... your Empress?"  He asked, indirectly inquiring whether the qilin was from Long Guo or Neighpon.

Her curious look prompted him to elaborate.  "I think one of the members of our traveling party did much to disturb her giving ceremony, and I came to apologize on his behalf..."  He sighed.  "I wouldn't have brought him, if it were up to me, but I couldn't very well refuse him.  He saved the life of both my mate and my stepson, and their whole clan, for that matter.  He's... a little difficult to get used to.  Friendly and outgoing, but..."  He paused again, stuck on how to properly convey the sort of impression that Chipper Demise could put upon an unsuspecting pony.  "He was raised by wolves.  Literally."

Sometimes even the smallest of things can make someone tense up. Instigating a fight or flight feeling deep in their gut. Normally Tarisio opted for a combination of both, it was more fun that way, the chase, the escape, what have you. So when a tap came to his shoulder, followed by that all too familiar tone of voice, the pirate's initial thought was to flee posthaste. But causing a scene like that, even if the gala itself was over, was unseemly! Instead the griffon opted for the easier route. If he was here to detain him, he could for a moment. Then he'd escape when it was most convenient. Always the same game. With a little sigh and a smile he turned around. "Sì, I am indeed. And to whom do I-"

Before he could even finish his sentence, the guard proposed an odd question. Something that belonged to him? He was sure he didn't lose anything. Well other than Minerva but she always found her way home. So what coul-"Dio mio..." Tarisio's eyes went wide when he finally spotted the little hippogriff resting on the guard's back. Weeks ago the child's mother had sent him a letter and a photo, there was no mistake to it. Clearing his throat, he reeled back in his composure. "Yes. That is my son, is he alright? His mother sent me to look for him though I admit I never expected to find him here." the captain chuckled and gently shook his head. "I trust he's not in too much trouble?"

Yue seemed to dismiss any compliment on her act earlier.  Fluttershy frowned as the quilin insulted herself.  Young she may be, but 'dull' was the last word the pegasus would use to describe her.  She knew she should say something, but with the arrival of Silver, Yue had once again become The Empress.  But now, Fluttershy could see the cracks in the mask the young mare wore.  Yue needed friends more than anything.  Friends who could see past the Empress to the pony... quilin beneath.  And Fluttershy just happened to know a certain Princess who was not much different...

Fluttershy was a bit taken aback by the way Silver spoke to her.  She knew that the stallion was a Guard, and his tone seemed to imply he was speaking to a superior.  A tinge of a blush lit her cheeks.  She'd never be totally comfortable being recognized as some kind of 'hero,' despite all the things she and her friends has done together.  "I-it's nothing, really..." she demurred.  "Presteza is a friend, and a wonderful artist!"  

The healer in Fluttershy winced a bit as Silver described his sister's ailments.  Part of her wanted to go help, but the artist was with doctors that could take care of her.  At the moment, she needed to be here to support Yue.

FutyNZo.jpg?1

The Empress could tell that it wasn't easy for Silver to repeat everything that had happened to Presteza. Obviously he cared a lot for his sister's well-being; no less would be expected from a filial sibling. Thankfully, Yuè's servants believed Presteza wouldn't suffer injury from the botched ceremony, allowing the Qilin some respite from her feelings of shame... but not completely. Therefore, the mask of the Empress still had to be worn.

"Has Presteza regained consciousness yet?" Yuè asked in a gentle yet firm voice, unwilling to break the facade of a proper empress any further by succumbing to emotion. For Silver's sake at least, the Qilin must continue playing the role of the steady rock that all could rely on. "Is she able to speak?" Despite what the painter's brother reported moments ago, Yuè still needed to be sure that Presteza would be up and walking in no time.

As she asked her questions, Yuè extended a foreleg in the direction of Presteza's odd-looking bat, who also appeared to be in poor spirits. Remembering how the animal gravitated toward her earlier in the evening, the Qilin mare hoped she could provide it with some comfort. The creature deserved that much.

Licorice was acutely aware that he and Tarisio were likely the only ones paying attention to their conversation, so rather than answer directly, he started a small tangent. "My name is Corporal Licorice Whip of the Royal Equestrian Army. I turned down an offer with the Fillydelphia police force to join the guards because I felt they might be able to  make better use of my particular talents and skills. I can teleport, you see. Just need a clear mental picture of someplace, something, or someone, and I can place myself within a few feet." he said carefully, before adding. "I've gotten a fairly good view of both your son, and of you." in an almost conversational tone.

He telekinetically shifts Edelweiss over to Tarisio's side and sits him gingerly on the ground. "Officially, what I'm reporting is that your son was in possession of stolen property because he was trying to return it to a guardspony, and that he was breaking and entering on the palace grounds because he thought that's where he would find the best guardsponies. I'm going to leave out his name, because there's no reason a good neighborhood foal needs to have his name in a police report or a guard file, and I'm going to overlook the fact that he claims to be a pirate, because that would be a very poor choice of career for a bright young foal." he said, subtly emphasising key phrases and giving the griffon a look that said he knew EXACTLY who Tarisio was. Looks didn't often make it into reports.

"And lastly, the report will say that I returned the colt to his father and escorted them out of the Gala without incident, but your son doesn't look like he takes well to teleportation. Quite the opposite, actually, so I'm going to give you time for him to recover. Come find me when he's well enough to walk or fly, and we'll see you to your ship. Agreed?" the guard offered. "After all, I would hate to amend the report to indicate that a young thief was apprehended and escaped custody before fleeing with a wanted sky pirate."

Tarisio was not a griffon to feel threatened. Not by pauper nor prince and now was no different, even as the good Corporal made his rank clear. His talent, as he described it, sounded like a very interesting skill indeed. Enough so that an impressed little smile crossed the captain's beak. What a shame Licorice was on the side of those who so desperately opposed is 'rebellious antics'.

Watching as the unicorn gently levitated Edelweiss to his side, Tarisio couldn't help but to lightly shake his head. What an adventure the little guy must have had. Gently he placed his talons on the hippogriff's back to keep him steady. His mother would be glad he was safe at the very least, as was he.

Licorice ran on and on and on about his report and his files and something something something piracy is bad. He heard it all before. Though he half listened to the majority of it, he caught what mattered. Nothing would be written down with his or Edeweiss' name, and they were mostly free to go. "Agreeable, for the most part." Tarisio began. "But just as you likely do not trust me to leave Canterlot without incident, I extend the same to you nearing my vessel. I willingly will seek you out and announce when my son and I ready to depart Canterlot city limits, but only to there."

0CeCtKvm.jpg

Silver was a bit unsure of what to think of the diamond dog. He had heard that some of these canines would leave the underground groups or packs that they were part of and integrate into other societies such as Equestria. The stallion had had a few encounters with diamond dogs in the past, but nothing serious really. He was very impressed however by how well spoken this one was. "I shall keep that in mind, Miss Liviel. It is a pleasure to meet you." Silver lowered his head in a bow.

Fluttershy's flustered response was -in hindsight- to be expected. Her file did say she wasn't very fond of attention in general, or accepting thanks apparently. The stallion nodded at the pink maned pony's words, "I'm sure she will be very excited to hear that! I'll be sure to tell her. You are the one who brought her and Fresco together, right?"

Yu seemed a bit worried about the state of Silver's sister. The tone of voice she used was... steady to the normal ear but to a certain degree silver needed to project a form of authority and dignity in regards to addressing others. "She's lucid now, if a bit... um... giggly." Remembering the image of his sister snickering almost drunkenly as she babbled on about the colors in her eyes, "She can speak but there were some moments she was speaking far too fast for me to understand her and others where she got distracted by another new color, goin' on about a new shade of blue she wanted to create a pigment for." Silverheart let out a sigh of worry...

The bat that Yu was reaching a hoof towards looked at the  empress and sniffed at the offered leg. The chiropteran fluttered over and nestled on top of the empress's head. With no pesky crown on it, Fresco had a nice soft place to rest. A small contented but sad sounding squeak came from the little creature atop Yu's head.

Liviel watched Yue as Silver spoke of his sister's condition, the dog frowning slightly in worry. 

"[Perhaps it would be wise to wait a little more before talking to her.]" Liviel said, her gaze still on the quilin as the bat nestled onto the mare's head. She couldn't help but smile a bit at that, reaching out a paw gently for the bat to sniff before she would try to pet it. 

"This bat is your sister's companion? She appears to have made a wonderful choice." Liviel said, smiling gently at the bat before looking to Silver.

"Any friend of the empress is a friend of mine, I wish your sister a speedy recovery." She offered a small, almost apologetic bow of her head as she said that, keeping her gaze on Silver. 

Fluttershy felt a little more relieved as Silver described his sister's condition.  It was even a little bit funny, that the artist would see being blasted with a sonic rainbow as inspiration.  But a nagging part of the pegasus' mind kept wondering what she could have done to prevent this whole thing...  but she firmly told that part of herself that it was not her fault.

She did brighten a bit as Silver asked about Fresco.  "Oh yes!  Presteza came to my Animal Adoption Fair, and she and Fresco hit it off so well!"  Fluttershy stopped then, her eyes widening.  "Fresco!" she called out in alarm.  She hadn't seen him since the fight!  To her relief, the little fruit bat emerged from Silver's mane, alighting on Yue's head.  "Oh, thank goodness.." she breathed, holding a hoof to her chest.  

She took a better look at the bat upon his royal perch.  Fresco didn't look as if he were hurt, but the poor little thing looked so sad, and sounded the same.  She picked the little fruit bat's head up with the tip of her hoof.  "Oh, Fresco, sweetie, don't worry!  I'm sure Presteza will be just fine!"

FutyNZo.jpg?1

Informed on Presteza's updated condition, the Empress felt the metaphorical load on her shoulders growing less heavier. Although Silver still expressed concern for her sister, the fact that the painter was already going on about new shades of blue indicated the high likelihood of her making a full recovery. Although the Qilin's muzzle did not form a smile, the reduction of signs of tension on her face was apparent, and her tufted tail drooped less noticeably than before. Meanwhile, Yuè gently nodded towards Liviel to indicate the acknowledgement of the monk's advice.

Fresco accepted the company of the royal Qilin, but still sounded a little mopey. Yuè believed there was one little thing she could do to fix that, but right now, she was worried about attracting too much of a crowd. Two ungulates and a Diamond Dog were around the Empress, who was still wearing her shimmersilk dress. She didn't wish to signal strangers that she could be approached to be conversed with just yet.

"Liviel," the Empress proceeded to carefully undo the wrapping that kept her robes on her; "I have one final request to ask of you. Please return my garments and crown to my chambers in the Castle, for I have no further use for them tonight, and I do not wish to give further trouble to my servants. Fluttershy can show you the way." Managing to not disturb the resting fruit bat, Yuè disrobed herself and offered Liviel her red shimmersilk gown for the Diamond Dog to take. Once more, the Empress had no clothes.....

0CeCtKvm.jpg

The stallion nodded to Liviel with a kind smile, "Thank you, Miss. I'm sure she'd love to point one once she gets a good look at you." The addition of the diamond dog to the empress' entourage was still surprising as when the lieutenant laid eyes on her but he had to admit: She was a kind creature. "Have you been a part of Empress Yu's inner circle for long, Miss Liviel?" 

Fresco's rest on the empress' head was jarred for a moment by the introduction of a paw. The small purple bat suspiciously eyes the offer arm before sniffing at her and squeaking out a greeting as best he could. The Chiropteran on Yu's head again made himself comfortable, nestling in and curiously poking at the armor like scales that ran down her snout  as if wondering what they were made of.  Fluttershy's presence managed to brighten the little creature up as he snout was lifted by the ginger hoof-tip, making a little nod to show he understood.

"Fresco is... quite the character. I've seen and heard how brave he is when my sister gets involved in her journeys, But he also has a habit of perching on the heads of or hanging off the horns of royalty... sometimes I wonder if he has a bet with some of the bats at your house, Fluttershy. Like he'll win a bite of the next biggest apple from the Apples' farm if 'e can hang from the horns of all the princesses by the end of the year." In response to the off duty guard pony's little suggestion, Fresco's ears straightened up and he glared at him as if to say "shut it!".

Despite how much silver valued his decorum and manners... even he had to stop and take a glance at the painting his sister made. The depiction of the disrobed empress managed to bring a blush to his cheeks when he'd first laid eyes on it. Now here he was with the actual qilin doing so in front of him. So as to remain polite and not to seem brazen, Silver turned his gaze away slightly; with the pink shade still on his grey cheeks before he managed to clam himself down to look again. It took almost all his will not to have that lok fall on his face again but he managed to (mostly) succeed. 

"I suppose it's been... a long night, 'asn't it?" Asked the stallion as his accent starting to slip.

Hx1PR5Z.png

Nothing quite like a formal evening to get a little R&R from the reformation of a corrupt and inept government. 

Not that he ever really got tired of working towards the dismantle of their tyrannical reign, but even the best agents needed time to recuperate, right. 

Which is exactly what this little adventure was for, and Revenant stalked through the gardens with all the confidence of a Canterlot elite, as if he'd been born on these streets and walked them every single day. He was Trottingham nobility, after all, and no amount of skirmishes with the REA guard would ever get rid of the natural born confidence that came with that sort of station. To any right aces mingling around the aftermath of the Gala, he was just another party-goer looking to wind down from the upper crust festivities of the evening prior. 

And it wasn't like he'd meandered in on a whim, either. No glitz or glamour covering up his noticeable features, no - Revenant wasn't counting out illusion-detection spells placed over every inch of the palace by the oft paranoid yet entirely inefficient REA, and triggering an alarm would make a real dog's breakfast of his evening. No, good old fashion make-up had hidden the scars on his ear, and effectively changed his cutie mark into a swirling, sparkling vortex...and, if he did say so himself, he was looking right sharp in his suit and cravat. 

A perfect gentlepony. 

And if that perfect gentlepony happened to pick up on the latest gossip surrounding the royal palace, well - s'all well, wasn't it.

Oh sure, there was always the risk of some REIN grunt thinking he recognized the missing Northern Star...but the cutie mark as more than enough of a diversion from that. It wasn't like he'd stayed the same, after leaving that ridiculous excuse of an intelligence unit, too. And there had been some fuss over the visiting dignitaries from Long Guo, after all, and Revenant could only assume any overtures of friendship towards a previously secretive country spelled a bloody pain of a mess for WRAITH. New allies meant more sympathy being throw at the false monarchy that the sisters had established, after all. Add on the Caribou sympathizers that seemed to be amassing faster than WRAITH could bribe away, well...

Definitely didn't hurt to peek around some, right in the heart of things. 

"Cheers, love," the dark colored stallion said lightly, voice a smoky purr as the mare blushed prettily, before hurrying off to continue passing out champagne glasses. Revenant held his newly acquired drink in one hoof as he lounged against a nearby tree, eyes casting around as if he were simply taking in the scenery, though his attention remained zeroed in on two distinct groups. One seemed centered around a Qilin mare, who was hoofing off an extremely expensive article of clothing - shimmersilk, if he wasn't mistaken - to a Diamond Dog, of all things. The other was comprised of only two participants, but it was the massive Caribou that arrested Revenant's attention. Obviously here on good will, most likely an ambassador or chieftain sent to make nice and gain more sympathy. 

Either was good. But neither was opportune, and Revenant picked a different tree to lounge against, close enough to be able to pick out at least some of the words of the two groups without seeming obtrusive as he took a sip of his champagne. 

Hmm. A bit mellow, that. 

"You mistake me." Licorice says, looking almost bored of the griffon captain, "I'm not offering to escort you out because I don't trust you to leave on your own. If somepony I've gotten as clear a look at as your son were to cause trouble it'd be relatively simple for me to apprehend them. However, other guardsponies are likely to be on high alert for thieves, scoundrels, rabble rousers, or pirates. Guards who may be a little itchy for a promotion or commendation for defending the Gala, given the nature and number of dignitaries involved.

"Personally, I find communities tend to prosper more with a little laxity, but I don't set the rules, just enforce them. Good evening, Captain Goldplume." he comments, bowing in a low, graceful sweep that allowed his opera cape to flutter dramatically on the way back up. He turns on his hooves and struts back into the crowd, looking every bit like the sort of haughty noblepony one expected to be in attendance. 

Edelweiss is left leaning against his father's flank, still clearly stunned by whatever had dazed him but recovering his senses slowly. He babbles something that sound like, of all things, navigational vectors complete past the second. Without a reference point it's hard to follow, though at one point it matches the exact distance in the opposite direction from somewhere in Cloudsdale.

Archived