[After-gala]Park of the Palace

IceStorm

USG3AI7.png?1

“I’m sure it’s very interesting, and yes, there are a few enjoyable aspects of being a mare.", Fire Walker whispered back, "There are also a few...", she tried to think of the proper wording, "Less than enjoyable aspects, especially in our little age group. I won't go into details here, but if you're not already doing it, I would recommend you start drinking lots of cranberry juice.", a thin smile formed on the mare's face, "And you always have Star Crusader for your more pressing questions about your other form.." The red mare's mind was filled with questions. What would happen if Blueblood somehow managed to get pregnant while in his Bluebelle form and then switched back? And speaking of a bun-in-the-oven, there was the ever-lovely Princess Mi Amore Cadenza. "Can't believe it, she just gave birth to a demi-goddess and somehow she still looks incredible." Fire had meant to -think- this, but managed to whisper it instead. Still, it did not appear that the Alicorn Of Love was here for another 'meet & greet'. She was on a mission.

Normally Fire would be on guard for the princess considering there were more than a few people that had already started to crowd her, but the good princess could handle herself in such a situation. If a ruckus started to form, the good Alicorn would simply make those around her fall in love, and then there would be more smooching and less ruckusing. Is that even a word? And there was silly, silly Private Dawnguard doing his usual bit, but now with a friend. Good Gravy, this was turning into a rather odd night. A few more glasses of Ice Storm's Champagne would fix this.

The slightly tipsy mare could not help but chuckle while her colt-friend spoke, "Yes, the fabled 'Mares Only' areas.", the R.E.A guard mused, "Such magical and mysterious places that only we may go.", she shrugged her shoulders when Swift asked if this was a curse, "Maybe not. Those are usually bad, right? A unicorn might be cursed where they can't use magic, or a Pegasus can't fly. Those would be curses. Maybe the whole deal with my family all being horrible cooks for like generations. That could technically be a curse." And now there was talk about Prince Blueblood's relationship to the princesses. This always confused her. For Blueblood to be any sort of nephew to Princess Celestia, Luna would have had a kid, and this child would have had to be born before her banishment. While this floated about in the young mare's mind, her special some-pony was heading over to Dawnguard and his friend.  She wanted to chase after Swift and keep him from being infected by the stallion's bit of 'silly', but this Champagne was really good!

When her beloved ask for help, she could only smirk, "Oh, you don't need my help! You're doing great!" She was not getting near that mess. If you took the over-acting drama-mama that was her brother Moon Walker, along with the oddballness of her silly brother Punk Walker and merged the two with the likeness of her young brother Sky Walker, you would probably get Dawnguard. Something her father referred to as the result of less than hoofs-on military discipline. She would give the unicorn a few more moments with the crazy-pair before she would need to swoop in and save the poor stallion.

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

YPqzNU8.png

Not...not even in his nightmares a little?...

Well, sometimes even the most fated of foes had trouble recognizing the red strands of fate tied ostentatiously 'round their spear hooves. Fated foes, fated lovers - fated Princesses and fated friends. The stars so oft disregarded enlightenment to the masses, as only those chosen few could discern the subtle hooves of fate with their third eyes, sensing premonitions for danger or glory, those seemingly fickle strands that brought all of pony kind towards a never-ending dance of destiny. 

And so, Dawnguard wasn't...too disappointed to learn that the necromancer in front of him had failed to realize their destinies as Light and Darkness forever pitted against one another in ever-reaching countenance, a battle which would eventually with Chipper's defeat by his mighty spear hoof...though at great cost. Perhaps with Equestria right on the brink of destruction, and he, the Chosen Warrior of Avenging Justice, would draw upon the love and friendship of all in despair to strike the finishing blow, sending the evil necromancer and his equally villainous machinations down into the blackened abyss. 

"Not all are meant to withstand the fiery blaze of Avenging Righteousness," Dawnguard conceded towards the other stallion - and truly, 'twas an incomprehensible battle for even the bloodline of heroes to control the blazing furnace of RAW POWER that coursed through their veins like a raging riptide of Truth and Hope. "Even the most steadfast of companions cannot comprehend the sheer weight of a Chosen's destiny," the white Pegasus added, spear hoof slowly beginning to rise upwards and curl in front of his face, Daybreak held at an angle -

Which is when a hoof came out of nowhere to grab at his mighty spear hoof -

"Down, spear hoof!" Dawnguard cried out in alarm, wrenching said hoof away to quickly avoid catastrophe from the imposing stallion's improper intervention. The whole of the palace gardens could have been obliterated by his attempt to control the raging bloodline of heroes, which only responded to - well. Said heroes! There was some yelling about his spear too - and huh, he could have sworn he'd left Daybreaker at home...she must have appeared at his calling! Ah, naturally, his steadfast weapon summoned to him through the bond of a thousand battles in his time of need! 

Though, this still left the matter of the intervening stallion - one who, Dawnguard realized with a swell of indignation, was talking about his father. Or rather, talking about him, Dawnguard, but in relation to his father as if it were an insult.

"We are indeed related, and what insult you provide me is thusly given him," the REA guard growled, stepping back a few good paces from the other stallion, who was giving off a very strong aura of the Pseudo-Hero who so often wound their ways into any story they could worm into, in order to act the Hero for the simple glory and fame of the act...or more simply, guy who thinks he knows absolutely everything about everything

"I will not abide such insults against the General!" Dawnguard continued, ears laying flat on his head, for indeed, 'twas one instance to attempt and shame a singular stallion for himself - and boy, did Dawnguard have experience with that. But to imply shame on his blood relation to his father, as if that relationship were the thing to be ashamed of, implied shame on the father himself - and he would not stand for it. Not to mention who even was this guy anyways. Dawnguard didn't recognize him in the slightest. "Who are you, that speaks so freely and carelessly against the bloodline of heroes?!" 

iqY7dA5.png

Oooh...she really didn't want to talk about him anymore. Just thinking about his stupid fluff and his stupid poem and his stupid, stupid Caribouness was liable to make her start tearing up again.

Oh, but Cadence was so pretty, and speaking so gently, and were those flower petals slowly drifting downwards from the treetops to swirl around her?

Maybe, a little bit. 

"His...his name is LÍmi,the vivid blue Qilin conceded a bit mulishly, scuffing the ground a bit with one hoof. She didn't even bother inspecting her fetlocks for stray dirt - they already had dirt along their bottoms, where her fur flowed outward the most and had suffered for it during her escape from the royal gardens. Mei hadn't even had time to think about getting herself cleaned and properly groomed, between fleeing for her life and subsequently reuniting with Lián and now the pretty princess in front of her wanting to talk about him

"He was passing through Garden Gait with a companion of his,Mei continued after a moment, tail flicking nervously from side to side, "and I ran into him in the flower meadow. He was so, nice and, gentle,the Qilin sighed, a hint of a smile beginning to grace her features as she dazedly remembered those first few days of knowing Lími"I showed him around the whole area,the words began to pick up some steam and energy as memories continued flashing through her mind's eye - their treks through the flowers and up the cliffs, along the riverbed and behind waterfalls, providing more and more inspiration for the Reindeer to find words for his writing. "And he loved it and even stayed longer just so he could remain in Garden Gait. He...he wrote me a poem,the young Qilin mare finished, voice trailing off again. 

'He wrote me a poem.' How many times had she uttered that exact phrase tonight? Six? Seven? At least two or three times to Sunrise Skies alone

Ancestors...she was such a fool.

Mei turned her face back towards Lián, once again taking comfort in his silent support, remembering his reassurances that she would not be thrown out of the post-Gala celebrations...though, even as she did, she remembered his other comment, causing her eyebrows to furrow slightly. "Was there some commotion in the Lounge?" she questioned, pulling back from the other Qilin to stare up at him inquisitively. "I thought I heard something from the Ballroom, but I was too busy with - " a terse pause, before Mei forced herself onwards from the memory of his expression and back towards her foalhood friend. "What happened in the Lounge?

Every word that Fire Heart spoke to her felt and sounded like an echoing drum in her mind. Everything swirling around in her as her marefriend told her that from the moment that she had met her that she knew that there was something special about her. She didn't know how special at the time, but that she believed that they were meant to meet on that snowy night in this very park. Well, the castle, but the events was triggered from this park. In fact, she could see the hill that she had been coming from when the blizzard was at it's worst. She could remember coming out to stargaze at the evening sky and somehow falling asleep. After she woke up, she was trapped inside the park as the blizzard was already in full force. She could remember being completely blind in the storm and she picked a direction and headed that direction until she found the castle, and that's where she had met her.

Fire added that there wasn't a day that had gone by that she hadn't thought about her, and commented about the time that they were right here in this very spot not all that long ago when Fire had been emotionally hurt, that their true feelings for each other emerged and they found out that they loved each other. That they had been together more than they had been apart, even when they she was in class or Ice was at her shop. Every word that Fire Heart Spoke was bring tears to her eyes, but not tears of pain, not tears of hurt, but tears of pure joy and love. She she heard hear say that she would be her be her bride if she would be her own. Almost as quickly as all of the tension buckled under her Ice Storm closed the gap between her and Fire and locked her in a tight hug. "Oh Fire Heart... I love you so much.... yes... I would love to be your bride," she smiles as she cried happily on her now fiancé's shoulder. She had heard many stories about Galas in the past... but tonight, for her and Fire, this had truly been... the best night ever. Without a second thought, with her magic, she slowly slid the ring over her fiancé's horn, confirming their union and she simply held her there, unwilling to leave Fire's hooves at the moment.

For a moment Fire said nothing as they embraced as there were no words to describe the love between them. She only ever experienced this moment of love with her parents, and that was a different kind of love. With her magic, she placed her ring over Ice Storm's horn, a symbol of her promise. Her loving moment, however, was broken by a pony nearby in distress. Looking over at the park crowd, she saw a Qilin in distress. Princess Cadence, an Alicorn that admittedly Fire knew the least about other than she was the princess of Love appeared to speak with the pony. 

"Ice, that Qilin is crying over there. I know that Princess Cadence is there, but do you think we should talk with her?" 

Quietly Lián listened to Mei's tale of how she and her cari-beau had met. There was a small...okay rather sizable twinge of jealousy at the tale. The prince had pined for Mei for quite some time though never really had the chance to tell her just how he felt. And that someone else had beaten him to it hurt. A lot. But what kind of prince would he be if he just swooped in and stole her away from this LÍmi? Sure, he may have been able to sway her to leave, to come with him back to Long Guo and spend her beautiful time with him. But at what cost? A stranger though this caribou may be, it wasn't in Lián's nature to be deceitful.

After Mei had finished her tale she paused in silence to look at him before breaking the brief silence. While Cadence may know more than she let on of the ruckus, Lián on the otherhoof knew very little of the troubles that arose in the Lounge. "I can't say I know, actually. The only reason I know of it is that some ponies I passed by while working to hand out gifts were talking about some sort of disagreement in the Lounge. Though it didn't sound like anything of cocern. Just likely a few party goers who had one too many." he said with a soft shrug.

2w6dy09.jpg

Wiping off stray flower petals off her mane that for some inexplicable reason were falling down from the tree, Princess Cadence happily nodded when she finally coaxed a name out of Lián Mei. "Lími?" the alicorn repeated; "You mean Jarl Sigrun's son? I've met him too once..." Cadence realized she was rudely interjecting, smiling awkwardly; "Em hem, sorry... please continue."

Just like Cadence hoped, Mei's words took on a more fond tone as she was encouraged to relieve her first pleasant memories of Lími. While the Qilin didn't go far as to say that she felt any romantic attachments, none of what she said contradicted that theory either. In addition, Cadence found it quite noteworthy that Lími decided to alter his travel plans, despite journeying with another companion, all because he fell in love with Garden Gait.

Heh. Likely story. The Princess of Love knew there was an obviously more rational explanation behind Lími's actions. Why he wrote a poem... to her.....

Cadence kept a knowing smirk at bay, which wasn't actually all that hard because Mei swiftly changed the subject to the uncomfortable Lounge matter. Whether it was out of a desire to soothe Mei's spirits or just simple ignorance of events he didn't witness, Prince Lián kept his details vague. Cadence let off a silent sigh, thankful Mei's fear of the Viking Caribou wouldn't find more kindling.

"So anyway," the pink alicorn hastily turned the conversation back to the real matter of importance; "I gather you met Lími again tonight at the Gala? Was he as nice and gentle as he was back at Garden Gait?"

Silence... Words were not meant to be spoken at the moment as Ice Storm held her embrace with Fire Heart as long as she had let her, and she felt her heart flutter a small bit when she felt the ring slip over her own horn. The act signified that the confirmation between them was both real and official. They were lovers, and now meant to be wed and spend the rest of their lives together! Everything seemed to be going so well that she had almost completely forgotten about the fact that there was even a Qilin present, let alone that she was upset. However, when she heard about it, she instantly felt a small twang of guilt. Here she was having the best night of her life, and that poor Qilin, while mis-guided, was seeming to have one of the worst nights of her life. Although something else she noticed, was that the Princess of Love was also here! She seemed to be dealing mostly with the situation regarding the Qilin, but the Princess of Love was at their proposal!! Oh that made this night even more special. Inside she was squeeing like a little school filly. On the outside though, out of respect for the Qilin, she stayed just very happy. Her emotions were obviously showing, but as much as she was feeling right now, she just simply could not hide all of them.

When Fire suggested going over to help and talk with her, even though Cadence was there, Ice Storm let go of the embrace and nodded. "I think we should. Even if the princess is there helping diffuse the situation, the poor mare still needs friends and ponies to help her feel better. Granted... I don't know the first thing about their culture.... but I'm willing to try anything to help make her happy," Ice Storm smiled as she began walking over toward Cadence and Mei, looking for an opportunity to help make things a little bit better. She patiently waited there next to them as she thought of something that she could do to help make Mei's night even a little bit better. Oh! A snow cone! Made from the champagne!!! With a nod she pulled out one of the paper cones that she used for her snow cones and one of the glasses of the champagne that she had poured and thinned it out until she could freeze it to the consistency of fine snow, just like in her store, but still hold the alcohol's integrity. With a small smile she looked over to Fire. "If you want one of these, just say the word," she giggled before presenting the one she just made to Mei.

"Hello there Miss... I unfortunately do not know your name but... I have seen that you've had a very unforgiving night, and I at least wanted to help try to make you feel somewhat better. I don't know if snow cones are a thing where you're from, but is a treat here that most enjoy, and I made it specifically from the champagne that I brought tonight," she smiled to the mare. "It looks like you could use a friend right now, and while we haven't met before tonight, I'm willing to try to be a friend." She did know a little bit about what happened, after all her and Fire were dancing right next to them in the Gala when everything happened. It was just, right now this mare didn't need another pony trying to make her feel bad about what happened, but rather help her feel better now. It was important for her to learn the error of her ways, but Ice just didn't like seeing anypony this upset and was willing to try to help. Plus, She would probably be more willing to talk about what had happened and what had gotten her upset while it wasn't still making her upset.

"I think we should. Even if the princess is there helping diffuse the situation, the poor mare still needs friends and ponies to help her feel better. Granted... I don't know the first thing about their culture.... but I'm willing to try anything to help make her happy," 

"Hmm... I don't know about Qilin much either, but nopony should be sad especially when we are so happy." 

Ice and Fire proceeded towards the Qilin and the Princess as Ice came up with an ingenious idea: make a champagne snow cone! That was one of the things that Fire loved about her now fiancee, the ability of her to be creative! 

"Maybe later. I want to take care of this first." 

She waited as Ice Storm introduced herself and explained why they came by. 

"Greetings miss, Princess Cadence. I'm ire Heart. While I don't want to intrude on your conversation with the Princess I could see that you were upset about something. If you wish to talk about it perhaps we can help or it just talking it out might make you feel a little better."

Blueblood tilted his head as Squall mentioned an 'initiative.'  That was the second time the Prince heard of the Fillydelphian's plans, and again there was a distinct paucity of detail.  "Well, of course, IMAGINE is always open to suggestions of how to improve the prospects of peace in the world."  He didn't mean to sound so pompous, but the champagne was really getting to his head, now.  Old habits and patterns of speech were coming to the forefront.

The subject returned to gender issues, particularly what he could expect now that being a mare was more or less a permanent fixture in his life.  "Oh, I have yet to really run the full gamut of experiences there.  It was only recently that I could be assured of Star Crusader's cooperation in certain aspects, you know!"  Verbose as the wine made him, it also loosed his lips in other ways, even going so far as permitting a wink.  His true ignorance of the subject, of course, left him totally blank upon the necessity of cranberry juice, and he could only blink in confusion at the suggestion.

"That's an odd question... is it a curse if it doesn't feel bad?  But then, my family did have a real curse, brought on by my great-great... that many greats?  Anyway, something-great grandfather, the pirate captain.  Once it was broken, this switching thing really began starting up.  So, maybe there's something in that..."  He drifted, still largely moored to his honor guard's side, as he watched the unfolding show of Swift Squall's interference with Chipper Demise...

~***~

Skeptical as Chipper Demise was toward's Dawnguard's rhetoric of Avenging Heroes and The Chosen of Destiny, it did actually correspond to reality... in a rather indirect way.  The necromancer had come out to the Park with the full intention of finding Mei and giving her a piece of his mind regarding her behavior towards his friend.  Which, given the kind of stallion he was, would probably have done nothing more than make the whole situation worse for Limi.  Instead, however, the histrionic Private had roped the cheerful dark magician into a playful conversation, allowing Cadence and Lian time to swoop in and actually do some constructive work in putting her heart back together.

Not that either of them were ever likely to find that out in this life.  Instead, all Chipper knew was that he was having a great time at Dawnguard's one-pony show, and now it was being interrupted by a grumpy-faced unicorn.  "Aw, come on!"  The unicorn cried out in protest as Squall put his hoof down on the pegasus 'mighty spear hoof.'  "He was just getting to the good part!  I was almost understanding him!"  And when Swift Squall actually stated his reasons for interrupting... well, Chipper wasn't having any of that, either.  "Serious?  Of course he's serious.... seriously funny, Nyaahahah!  So am I, too!  Don't be such a fun-sucker!  Nopony likes fun-suckers, not even other fun-suckers!"

All the while, he was not moderating his tone of voice in any way, shape, or form.  Again, Squall's interruption was in its own way heroic, as Mei, Lian, and Cadence now could be assured of some privacy, now that Chipper was crowing like a drunk rooster on the Summer Solstice.  "Ah, just ignore him, Dawnguard.  He's just here to harsh your good vibes.  There's so many of those down here, that ponies don't think twice about harshing them!  Why, spend a few moments where I come from, and those good vibes are almost rarer than food!  Nyahahaha!"

~***~

"Pfft, hahaha!"  The Prince was laughing like a loon at the silliness on display before him.  "It's such a pity those two weren't on the dance floor, my Auntie would have loved them!"

iqY7dA5.png

Ah, right. These types of parties did tend to cause ponied to overboard with the alcohol.

Mei frowned a little bit at Lián's words, but ultimately let them go. She'd honestly been hoping for a bit more insight to whatever commotion had been going on in the lounge area - partly out of curiosity, but mostly as a way to deflect her own situation onto a different one. It would have been nice to scoff at, or commiserate about, some ruckus caused by a few inebriated party-goers, and forget about her own outburst for a while. Though from the way Lián spoke, it didn't seem to have been anything major.

...Probably not as bad as her own figurative meltdown in the Ballroom, and Mei sunk a bit lower to the ground, as if making herself appear smaller might just relieve her from this pressure. 

The Princess wasn't letting up however, causing the bright blue Qilin to grimace slightly - before the Alicorn's words actually registered, transforming Mei's scowl into a something softer. "Oh, yes, he was wonderful,the young mare sighed, eyes glazing over a bit as she remembered following the movement of his richly-colored cloak, drawn to it as if she'd known who was wearing it. "And he has such a way with words...Another highlight of the evening, their brief but intimate conversation where they had complimented one another on their outfits of choice. 

"...Until I caught his lie,Mei suddenly said, venom sneaking back into her voice. "And - a-and then it was, 'oh Mei, I can explain' and 'you must believe me,'the Qilin mocked in a high falsetto, despite the fact that his voice had sounded nothing like that. "Ha! As if I...he wasn't even going to tell me, I just figured it out after he slipped up,the young mare complained, digging rather viciously into the ground with one hoof again. 

Anymore complaints she had against the Caribou were, however, staved off at the arrival of a blue and red mare, one appearing right after the other, and the former was quick to present her with - well, she wasn't entirely sure what it was. But it sort of looked like shaved ice, a familiar frozen treat in her homeland. Though, shaved ice was usually topped with sweet red bean, small rice cakes, and fruit. This looked like a literal ball of ice without any topping whatsoever, and Mei accepted it with a hesitant "Thank you," nonplused - until the blue mare explained what it was. 

And also expressed a desire to be...friends?

That desire was also quickly followed by an affirmation from the red mare, who seemed to simply be interested in...talking? Mei was a bit flabbergasted. It was uncommon for a stranger to approach her and simply offer themselves in friendship, seemingly out of the blue, and the Qilin wasn't quite sure how to react. The prompting to talk would have normally had her gossiping and complaining about all her woes in a heartbeat, but with the Princess of Love standing in front of her and clearly invested in her dreadful evening - for whatever reason that might be - it seemed rather...well, rude of her, Mei, to simply drop the Princess from the conversation in favor of chatting up these two unfamiliar mares. 

"I, appreciate it,the young mare finally decided, attempting a bright smile that probably came out looking rather sickly, "I do. But I - I really, don't wish to talk about it anymore.The thought of having to repeat her heartache and troubles, reliving them again, seemed to drain the energy right out from the young Qilin, and she busied herself with nibbling on the champagne-flavored snow cone, so that she wouldn't have to speak anymore. 

The very last thing she wanted was to have to talk about her sweet, gentle Limi once more, and remember the fact that he was a hulking Viking brute.

Everything seemed to be going smoothly. Mei was slowly opening up more about things that had happened, and if what she was saying were true, it was little wonder that the caribou had won her over. That was one of the sweet things about Mei, despite being what some might call...well...spoiled. She still had an appreciation for things like sunsets and beautiful walks and poetry. Her bias against caribou though, while somewhat understandable, sounded misplaced with this LÍmi. Perhaps with the Princess' help, Mei and her cari-beau could patch things up!

However things never seem to go quite so smoothly as one can hope. No, the arrival of two well meaning–but poorly timed–mares derailed the conversation. Lián sincerely hoped that this wouldn't shut off avenues of later conversation about Mei's troubles. This was just something that could not be left alone. Politely the Prince dipped his head in greeting to the two mares as they introduced themselves and shared a frozen treat with his friend. Hopefully that would at least cheer her up some...

"Et tu Moto?" unicorn mumbled, paraphrasing famous quote of  Commander Vambrace. It seems he was without backup this time.

Swift Squall could only give a resigned sigh when he realized what he got himself into. Yep, this is going to be difficult and he will need every ounce of his patience to go through this one.

"My...if you consider every bit of critique an insult then I pity your future special somepony." unicorn said while rubbing his temple "I would never thought about being invective towards General. And anyone who would be so in my earshot they would find themselves rather....regretful of that." Squall said, his eyes more focused and words taking a darker tone.

"Of course your reaction only proves what I said. Right now you and my mentor are vastly different from one another. The understanding of sarcasm for example..." noblepony continued, once more toning down his voice "...Private Dawnguard." he added while glaring intensively at young stallion.

"It been quite few years I guess? I still remember this day very clearly however, even through I saw you only that one time. Or maybe because it was only one time? Through my whole training Colonel never had any visits from family. Save this one day. I doubt If you remember me however, being just one of many soldiers that got chewed out by himand you being the kid back then." Swift recalled while explaining his familiarity with the pegasus. Although he rather diplomatically omitted what he thought about father-son relation that he witnessed back then. Or rather the disheartening lack of it. Of course there was still a matter of Dawnguard demand of him introducing himself.

"Well if you insist..." he started, leaning on his sheathed blade to stand firmer. Ninety six hours without sleep started to really weight onto him.

"I am Swift Squall Squallcoast, of the Noble House of Squallcoast, descendant of Platinum Bloodline, Count of the Fillydelphia, swordstallion and one of richest ponies in the world. Your father, General Pummel was one of my venerable mentors, and since finishing my training with him I faced innumerable dangers, and some other things I could hardly describe on four continents and few other places, over, under and on land. Would that be enough Private?" despite how...bombastic or boastful all of that would otherwise sound, Squall was extremely soft-spoken in his introduction. Almost like he didn't though much about it.

Of course there was also the matter of that...other stallion. Oh sweet harmony, before he thought he was creepy. But now Squall was 100% sure he was crazy. Why did he involved himself with crazy?! At least...he didn't appeared malicious. Although the fact that Chipper had few screws loose wasn't that much more reassuring.

"That's....very nice of you. Bonding in others and all." Swift started, struggling to be cordial when Demise explained the 'understanding' part. Althought he doubted how much could be understood when one of the sides was apparently bonkers. Limi apparently surrounded himself with rather unusual characters.....something that nobelpony could sympathize with.

"Apologizes...I just happen to have...quite a few...worries on my shoulders." that was technically true, dealing with batty unicorn a newest one "Aren't you....jovial type? Where this attitude come from." swordstallion asked, trying to keep conversation afloat. Although at this point he wasn't sure if he wanted the answer. This guy was creepy as bananas.

"Apparently so is sanity." Swift added in his head, when Chipper mentioned scarcity of both positive emotions and food from where he come from. This howver strung something within the nobelpony, and before he could think he asked.

"Why is that?"

2w6dy09.jpg

Hmmmm... now they were at the part of the story where Mei learned of what knowledge Lími had withheld from her. Princess Cadence wanted to correct the record and remind the Qilin that there was a good possibility that her Caribou partner would have come forward with the truth sooner or later. But then the pink alicorn remembered how annoyed she got whenever Shiny or Twily tried countering her emotion-based opinions with cold, logical facts. Therefore, Cadence wisely decided to keep silent.

All the while, something gnawed at the back of Cadence’s mind... the sensation that she was missing out on something momentous-

It was here when two unicorn samaritans came onto the scene. Cadence recognized one of the young mares as Ice Storm, somepony she met briefly in the Crystal Hospital while the both of them recuperated from the Empire’s sacking. The princess didn’t remember seeing that ring on the ice pony’s horn though; undoubtedly, there was a romantic tale waiting to be told!

Unfortunately, while Mei appreciated Ice Storm’s frozen treat, the presence of two strangers had the undesired effect of causing the Qilin to clam up. Ugggh, that would only make it harder for Cadence to fulfill her royal love duties. It was too bad though; if she hadn’t been busy with this favor for Jarl Sigrun, the Princess of Romance would be all over Ice and her special somepony about those suspiciously new rings.

Anywho, back to her duties. "Can you two ladies come here, real quick?" Cadence walked a short distance, signaling Ice and her companion to join her. Once they were far enough away, the princess spoke; "Aww, it looks like you two lovebirds had a lovely night. Unfortunately, that Qilin there didn’t, and well... a princess’s work is never done." She sighed; “She appreciates you coming to cheer her up, but there’s something really important I gotta tell only to her. Yeah, it’s... kinda hard to explain. Anyway, if you don't mind hanging tight, I wanna chat with you girls in a little bit... errr, if that’s okay with you?”

One reassuring wink to the lovebirds later, Cadence loudly called for the Qilin prince; "Lián!?" While she waited, the pink princess mouthed; "I'll be right back." When he too came over, the Alicorn asked him; "Can you be a gentlecolt and keep these charming fillies company while I finish up with Mei? I promise your friend will be in good hooves....."

YPqzNU8.png

Ah...hah?

Dawnguard frowned as he studied the other stallion, taking in what was clearly a lecture with all the seriousness of a school colt. It seemed, perhaps, that he had been misguided in his previous attempts at ascertaining the stallion's role, because - as his clearly impassioned introduction indicated - this Swift Squall Squallcoast felt it important to include every title he'd acquired in his long and blazing career towards righteousness. 

And really...Swift Squall, Squallcoast? An unfortunately redundant name attributed unto him by his birth!

Though, this realization did not explain the other stallion's scoldings, as he clearly enjoyed reveling in a theatrical introduction as much as he, Dawnguard, did! Only those who wished others to know exactly what accomplishments they had undergone on their perilous journeys introduced themselves with a myriad of titles justly, for to do so instilled confidence and impassioned others, set apart to admire as a shining beacon of Hope and Justice! And his boasting! Dawnguard was finding the other stallion a likened spirit all the more, for it seemed Swift Squall Squallcoast, too, liked to revel in his past accomplishments with exaggerated flair and much theatrics!

- er, not exaggerated and theatrical. Instead, burdened with the weight of a thousand suns and all entirely, completely true!

"Then well met, Swift Squall Squallcoast, of the Noble House Squallcoast, descendent of the Platinum Bloodline, Count of the Fillydelphia, swordstallion and - and one of the richest ponies in the world," Dawnguard repeated, only stumbling at the last introduction, even as he frowned a bit harder. None of his self-proclaimed titles made any mention of those innumerable dangers and most likely EVILS he had defeated...meaning this Swift Squall Squallcoast placed more importance on his status in society and the accomplishments of his forebears. And the last...

To value himself by his material possessions...only the lowliest of ponies saw wealth as a right to authority.

This stallion wasn't likened kin. At, all

Still, Dawnguard added the last as surely as he had the first, for the multitude of titles had been important enough to this Swift Squall Squallcoast for the other stallion to proclaim them in the first place. He just hoped he hadn't missed one of the very many. Oh sure, he liked to include exactly what a Righteous Avenger such as himself was prone to do in his own introductions, but even he kept his actual, self-proclaimed titles down to a maximum of three per entrance! "It appears we may share the righteous call of Avenging bloodlines," the white Pegasus continued, albeit a bit doubtfully, spear hefted over one shoulder as a particularly helpful gust of wind ruffled the fringes of his bangs, "for I, too, have faced the mounting terrors of indescribable blackness in my never-ending quest to contain the foul dark of EVIL. Such is our destiny!" 

There was a short pause in conversation before Dawnguard righted his pose to, one again, gaze at the other stallion, eyes narrowing slightly. "It would seem the starts have affixed for us a second meeting, then," the white Pegasus conceded, for 'twas true, he remembered not this Swift Squall Squallcoast. And even more surprising, this lack of memory stemmed not just from foalhood, but from all his adult life as well! "For one paired apprentice to my father's mentor, he nor any other have made mention of you." That was what was especially surprising, a surprise that had Dawnguard uncertain as to the other stallion's integrity. If his father had indeed been a mentor to this Swift Squall Squallcoast, Dawnguard found it difficult to believe that nary a trace of his name had been found in his household, as a foal and long grown. Hmm...perhaps this stallion wasn't quite an Avenger of Supreme Justice yet, for he strove to leave his mark on the world yet ultimately failed in his goal.

...He could relate to that. 

Which is when Chipper Demise, Necromancer Most Foul, suddenly spoke up, his loud laughter startling Dawnguard out of his musings. The words still affixed unto him, however, causing the white Pegasus to straighten slightly. "Ha!" he crowed. "My naive companion, so lost in the unrelenting paths of darkness. Not even the foulest of stallions can dare hope to quench the mighty fury of the bloodline of heroes!" Dawnguard affirmed, spear hoof slowly beginning to curl in front of his chest again. As if meager words from a stallion who valued his possessions more highly than, perhaps, the lives he had saved, or the EVILS he had vanquished, could rend down the sheer power of his good vibes -

er. That was. 

The mighty power of a Chosen One's forever-reaching LIGHT!

Icy%20Banner_zpshzvgdywg.png

Ice Storm smiled and gave Fire a small nod when she said that she would take one of the snow cones later, but she wanted to handle what was going on here first at the moment. "Alright then, just let me know when you want one," she smiled. The distressed Qilin was something a bit more important to handle and trying to make somepony feel better about everything else. At this point she heard the Qilin respond to her statement as well as Fire speak out to the Qilin as well telling her that perhaps talking it out might help her feel better. Icy knew that her fiancé meant well, but she didn't really want to talk with the dragon pony about what had happened at the moment because right now. All that would do would make her even more upset, and that was the opposite of what Ice wanted to do. She wanted to make her happy and at least let her night end on a positive note rather than in the dumps.

It was at that point Ice Storm noticed another Qilin standing next to the one that she had seen in the ballroom. This one was obviously a male and she returned the nod that he had given them in greeting. To be honest, Ice wasn't sure why she hadn't noticed him when she first showed up to them. He was a soft white with a golden scaled underside and seemed to wear the same style of clothing as the other but appeared to have a lot of embroidery on it and seemed to have a crest of some sort on it and was a vest instead of it's feminine counterpart. She returned the nod with a smile, but before she got to say anything, either to him, the Qilin mare, or Fire, the Princess pulled them aside. 

Being that she was the Princess of Love, it was no surprise that she picked up on the mood that was felt between them and addressed them as lovebirds, which made Ice smile and blush a small bit. She continued by saying that it looked like they had had a wonderful night, which for them was an understatement, but that the Qilin over there was having the opposite of nights. That she appreciated you coming to cheer her up but that there was something that she really needed to tell her that was meant for only her. This puzzled Ice for a bit. What could the princess of love have to say to somepony that was only meant to be heard by the pony? Was it some kind of love magicy thing that she did?

Ice Storm gave her a small nod and started to reply. "Yeah, I know that she had a hard time tonight. Fire and I were dancing right next to her and the bou when everything happened. That's we we wanted to take her mind off of it so that her night could at least end happy," she replied. Cadence then mentioned about coming back to the two of them later, but she really needed to finish with the Qilin and mothed that she would be back in a few before talking to the other Qilin, whom Ice heard that his name was Lian, over to them to keep them company while she was busy with the Qilin. Ice nodded before turning to fire. "I guess we should have just let her handle it," she said looking to Fire and shrugging as the other Qilin had made his way to them. "Hiya! care for for some champagne? I can serve it frozen or standard if you'd like," she smiled to him.

As much of a spectacle as Chipper Demise would make of himself, he never actively sought the spotlight.  When such a wonderful show as the 'Dawnguard and Swift Squall Cross-purpose Comedy Hour' came to town, he was content to sit in the audience and laugh.  Which he did, in a voice that carried across the whole lawn.  "Nyahahahah!  I can just see the ol' stars now, Gemini trying to push ponies along their destined paths, while Cancer nips at his toes and The Hunter tries to bag the Lion with the Big Dipper.  Life's a bit too crazy for it to be any other way!"  And really, when you thought about it, he had a point.  After all, it was most unlikely that one of his sort would ever have reached the very capital of Equestria; only a sequence of events both unlikely and epic had made all of it possible.

Of course, one couldn't be such a loud observer without invoking comments from the observed.  Notably, this 'Swift' fellow seemed interested in the source of Chipper jovial mood, but the necromancer was hardly a master of self analysis.  "I dunno!"  He admitted with a grin and a shrug.  "I guess when nopony else around was smiling, I had to pick up the slack, nyaha!"  The characteristics of his birthplace, though, he could answer with more precision.  "It's cold and dark up in Whitescar, you know.  Nothing really tasty grows out in the wilds, and the ponies there must have a bad attitude or something through all of it.  I remember my old master had stomach problems, and he'd beat everypony around him when he got them.  Which was usually me!  And usually, pretty much every day.  He said it was because I wasn't doing the readings though, which was fair enough half the time, but was totally uncalled for the other times!"  

And after that rather horrifying hint at what his foalhood had been like, Chipper's mind was drawn to the subject of food, and his eyes began to scan for tasty treats.  "Ooh!  Are they serving snow cones over there!?"

Well... things seemed to be getting a bit too exciting for her tastes. Sunrise looked around at the various happenings, blinking a bit as she took them in. Princess Cadance was there, talking to Mei, with Ice and Fire nearby along with another quilin. They were perhaps the only ones she recognized beside the prince, but they were all busy and she did not wish to interrupt their conversations. Perhaps it was time to go see if there were anyone to meet in the other group further into the gardens. The designer gave a small bow of farewell to any that may be looking her way, then headed towards the others. 

---exit---

Fire Heart's ears drooped a little as Mei did not wish to speak about her experience with whatever was making her upset. The red unicorn knew it was a long shot as after all she and Ice were two strangers asking a rather personal question. Still it was worth a chance to try and cheer up the Qilin. But then Princess Cadence addressed her and Ice Storm. 

"Can you two ladies come here, real quick? Aww, it looks like you two lovebirds had a lovely night. Unfortunately, that Qilin there didn’t, and well... a princess’s work is never doneShe appreciates you coming to cheer her up, but there’s something really important I gotta tell only to her. Yeah, it’s... kinda hard to explain. Anyway, if you don't mind hanging tight, I wanna chat with you girls in a little bit... errr, if that’s okay with you?”

"Oh, sure, we can stay over here while you talk with her," Fire said blushing that the Princess referred to them as "Lovebirds." Perhaps Cadence had met Ice Storm before and didn't notice the new rings on her horn, or maybe is was some magic that the Alicorn possessed that sensed the love between the two. Perhaps thaat was a question to ask the Princess at a later time. Ice did give an account of the Qilin having a night that went from good to bad, and Fire added, "I do remember her dancing with a caribou, but then suddenly the Qilin got upset and left the balroom, although I don't know what was said." 

With Cadence going to be talking to the Qilin, it was just her and Ice again. 

"I guess we should have just let her handle it," 

"You did the right thing with trying to help cheer her up, but you're right. Maybe the Princess can help her more than we can. Do you think the Princess could somehow sense love or distress between ponies?" 

Just then the Princess invited another Qilin to join Ice Storm and Fire Heart. 

"Hello there! Are you enjoying the party?" 

USG3AI7.png?1

Fire Walker had moved beyond the gamut of tipsiness as she had another glass of champagne. She was still able to stay on her hooves and at least continue to behave like a proper lady. At least for now. The red mare nodded her head as the good Prince spoke of his beloved. She could only imagine how awkward Blueblood’s condition would be if she wasn’t so open minded. She also caught sight of his wink that quickly shifted into one of confusion. “Eh, I don’t need to go into details here, but if you mention it, Star Crusader will know what I’m talking about.” She was well aware of his family curse, which caused them to spend a day in that creepy house of his. What was it with rich ponies and their weird houses?

“Sweet Celestia, look at them.”, the Pegasus pony stayed near Blueblood as her beloved stallion joined the others in whatever the heck they were doing. “I love my Swifty with all of my heart, but part of me wants to head over there and give ‘em all hoof-noogies and play ‘keep-away’ with their O&O rulebooks.” Fire was a bit of a bully during her early high-school years. Thankfully she grew up a little since then.

The drama continued a bit around her. Princess Cadence was trying to help a Caribou...and the other one...The dragon pony girl...Fire could never understand the appeal of extra fuzzy fetlocks. Everything you'd walk through would just cling on you. And was that horns? She though the girl was wearing a festive hat, but nope. Them were horns.  And Ice Storm was with her mare-pal. She was cute, but she was no Dunder.

"Come on Prince Blueblood." She waved a hoof towards the three stallions, "Let's show those nerds that we don't...ermmm.." The mare curled up into the grass and quickly made her way to Slumberland.

iqY7dA5.png

Perhaps after her aromatherapy practice took off...she could save a little money, trot right back into Canterlot, and visit the most expensive salon in the city. Maybe then she'd be able to have elegant curls in her mane and tail, rather than her long mane falling straight and flat. 

Yes...yes, elegant curls through which the gradients of her hair flowed in perfect synchronization. 

Unfortunately for Mei, distracting herself with imagining her mane to be more like the Princess' only worked for so long, as she could help but notice when minor details began to happen. Such as, oh, maybe perhaps, her foalhood friend leaving her. Despite his reassurances of a return, Mei couldn't help biting her lip as Lián was called off by Princess Cadence in order to keep the two mares company, nor could she help the spike of irritation towards those same mares that shot through her like a lightning bolt on a clear evening sky. Of course Lián would acquiesce with the Princess' request - she was a Princess, for goodness sakes! - but still, Mei couldn't help but feel annoyed at the sudden lack of her prince when he'd been standing next to her just moments before, as if the two mares had purposefully pulled lured him away from her.

...He probably had dozens, maybe even hundreds, of beautiful mares eager to pull him away for some privacy back home, now. As did her other friend. Probably. And here she was, sulking in some garden and not being swept off her hooves by any one whatsoever, because treacherous Caribous were treacherous Caribous and it just wasn't fair

Luckily for Mei, the Princess of Love came trotting back before she could do anything untoward, like flip onto her belly and kick and flail her limbs as she had been wont to do as a little foal, and the Qilin roughly smoothed out her cheongsam in an effort to occupy herself and dissuade her current line of thought. "I...I don't mean to be rude, Your Royalness,Mei stated, having quite cleanly forgotten instructions of non-formal address, "but are you sure I'm not keeping you from...something? I wouldn't wish to impose...

Honestly the Prince wasn't too much happier with the whole situation. Here he was finally able to spend an evening with his long time friend and crush, and it was being spent trying to console her over a different love! The arrival of Princess Cadance was one thing, if anyone out there were able to help Mei (and keep the Prince's tongue held about his own affections towards the distressed qilin) it would be her. But the arrival of the two mares seemed to just throw more nonsense into the works as Cadance asked him to keep them entertained. He wasn't sure why she really yelled for him, he was standing right near by the whole time...Princesses are strange.

Despite the fact he'd rather not have to play pseudo-diplomat this evening, he swallowed his feelings and gave a polite nod and smile towards the Princess. "Of course Princess, don't you worry." before he departed to keep the mares company though, he made sure to let Mei know he would return as soon as he could. Sure it was to reassure her, but it was also just as much to reassure himself. Being a Prince was hard sometimes. With one last little nuzzle to his friend, Lián made his way to the apparent newly engaged ponies.

"Good evening, it's a pleasure to make the acquaintance of the both of you." The Prince gave a regal little bow and nodded happily. "The party has seemed quite delightful! Though most of my time has been spent trying to cheer up dear Mei...Ahem, but yes! Some champagne sounds excellent, thank you. Before I forget my manners in drink though allow me to introduce myself ahaha. My name is Hēi Lián, Prince of Long Guo. I hope you do not mind me being sent to 'entertain' you two while Cadance takes care of my friend, I have the feeling she has more experience at this sort of thing than I."

2w6dy09.jpg

Princess Cadence could tell that all things considered, Prince Lián would rather have stayed by his friend's side than anything else, which was why he deserved a really big "thank you" if everything worked out. Glad that Lián agreed to her request, the pink alicorn gave Ice Storm and her special somepony one last nod before finally turning her undivided attention to Lián Mei.

As probably should be expected, the qilin mare expressed the sentiment (a disturbingly common one among everyday ponies) that she was only causing Cadence to waste her time on unessential matters. Nothing could be further from the truth, however. "Mei..." Cadence brought a gentle hoof to Mei's cheek; if the qilin looked up, she'd gaze into the earnest eyes of the alicorn. "Nothing is more important to a princess than helping someone in need. I'm here for you as long as you want. Oh... and uhhh, just call me Cadence. Like I told Lián, no fancy titles or anything."

With her foreleg wrapping itself around Lián Mei's back, Princess Cadence intended to guide the qilin slightly further away from the main crowd at a strolling pace, but not too far away. Just enough so that it wouldn't be easy to eavesdrop on them. Meanwhile, Cadence for the life of her couldn't remember how she planned to proceed; taking the time to assure Mei interrupted the alicorn's train of thought. She'd just have to speak the first thing that came to mind, and wing it from there.

Cadence's memories of her first encounter with Lími were the first to flash in her imagination. "I told you I've met Lími before, haven't I?" The Princess of Love was fairly certain she had; therefore, she kept talking to fill the void of silence; "He was quite the shy caribou back then. Always standing in Jarl Sigrun's shadow, never speaking up unless spoken to, keeping to himself... Honestly, I'm surprised he opened up to you of all people."

Actually, it wasn't much of a mystery at all for Cadence, who once again pretended ignorance. Lián Mei was obviously a very pretty mare, and it wasn't so hard to believe that even the most reserved of adolescent caribou bucks would be drawn to the beauty of a mysterious qilin. The allure of the exotic; it was a phenomenon of love the world over.....

"And then Ursa Major pulled out her jump-rope because motherhood can get you so many pounds. But astrology nonsense aside, I kind of...agree. About the 'life' part at least. Existence tends to provide me with never-ending stream of proof to confirm that yes, life is indeed crazy. Sometimes way too much, to my annoyance." Squall said to Chipper, trying to find a little logic in his half-crazy ramblings.

"When it rolls off the tongue it doesn't really sound right, isn't it?" said Squall after Dawnguard repeated all unicorns introduction.

"My first lesson Private. Titles don't mean a jack, actions and reasons for them do. And when you start to care for them and glory too much, it means you strayed from the path already. Usually towards prima donna territory."

However if Swift really thought that his words would help downplay Dawnguard's hamminess he was soon proven sorely mistaken by the pegaus the very next moment.

"I am very much on the 'may' part." noblepony said, completely deadpan "And yes sure you did. Then you found legendary Spear of Senility and used it to defeat the Ghoul King and save Neighrnia. I mean how old are you, how old are you really? Still some leftover green from the Academy, you at least decade younger then myself. When exactly would you find time for all of that." Swift used merciless powers of deduction and snark to dismiss other stallions claims. "And about that that 'fate' thing. Seriously, first of - what is that, what even is that? I tell you what it is Private. This 'fate' or 'destiny' or whatever you want to call this jumbo is just a just an excuse. And excuse for those that screwed up or didn't want to take responsibility for their actions. Usually both."

The conversation however was interrupted by Fire - rather abruptly - falling asleep. Swift had all reason to think that drinks were involved.

"Oh that happened. I swear that there were so many times that she need to control herself when it comes to drinks. I could call her out on this, but honestly I have no heart for that, when she has such a good time." he said to no one in particular, but with great deal of affection. He trotted towards back towards his love before speaking again "Moto, sugarlips no sleeping here. And uhhh it was you who supposed to do snuggling, not the other way around- although I guess this one works too. Also you dress will get dirty." he said, trying to prod his love from her nap. "Ok, we be back to it in a second." he mused before focusing n Demise...

Aaaaand just like that love doves mod between him and Fire was broken like Long Guo tea-set. Things started to get reeeeeeealy awkward....

"My, it sound like that master of yours could use a bit of...uh...positive reinforcement." as much as he wanted to be witty with that one, Squall couldn't deliver. At last it explained a lot. MNo wonder that Chipper had a few screws weren't that tight, they were beaten until they got loose. "So with that answered maybe let's talk about...something else, or I...ghhhh...don't know? Play the Twenty Questions?"

Luckily the next words of Chipper  so far away in topic from the previous, that they swept off any thought of bloodshed out of unicorn's mind. "Snow....cones? I-I am sorry, I know that's not really the same, but one would think you heave enough of snow for a lifetime. Or cold food. I mean, look! There are burritos and tacos that way! Or pancakes." Swift waved at the food, hoping that necromancer will be distracted for a few more moments.

"I honestly doubt if stars bother with setting anypony's schedule Private. But ruining into each other is possiblity, yes." Squall once more addressed the Dawnguard. "And that's probably because he wasn't referring to me as such. If General did, he had to speak about  me as of Sharp Carrot."

Noblepony also listened to more of that darkness nonsense. At least until he lost patience and - seeing it coming from miles away - started to talk along.

".....the mighty fury of the bloodline of heroes! No seriously, you have no idea how old that got." unicorn said before sighting "Look, it's not my businesses if you keep insisting on those 'bloodline of heroes speeches' Private. But if you do, words of advice. Put aside that Ogres & Oubliettes guidebook - or Dragons & Dragons I guess, I don't know - and read a thesaurus for a change. One can hear 'bloodlines' only so many times before she or he start rolling the eyes. Oh and also save all of those after you pummel the wrongdoer into the ground."

Icy%20Banner_zpshzvgdywg.png

When Ice Storm listened to Fire speak, she heard her mentioned that she did the right thing, but how maybe she was right to let the princess handle it. She also asked if it was possible that the princess could detect things around her that dealt with love or distress between ponies. Ice Storm thought about it for a second, and the more the thought about it, the more she probably could. After All. She didn't remember seeing Cadence in the Gala hall at all, but yet she was present at the right place and the right time both for their own engagement, and the mare that has had a horrid night so far. "Well, I would believe so. She is the princess of love, so it would be logical for her to notice things like that," she replied just as the other qilin came over and began talking to them

It seemed that he was at the very least a tad bit irritated that he had been asked to take "entertain" them, but Ice Storm didn't think much of it. Especially when she heard him introduce himself as the Prince of Long Guo. She really couldn't say that she had heard much, or anything really about the countries outside of Equestria, or at least. Outside of a reasonable sail from them. She never really though twice about lands that were across the oceans. Although naturally at his introduction Ice Storm's demeanor changed a small bit. It wasn't a bad change, but she was a bit more on her guard now. It was her EPIC training kicking in. She glanced back in the direction of Fire Walker and Swift Squall, both of whom seemed to be tending to each other. Of course she wasn't planning on leaving her loves side anytime soon, but she could still be alert and keep an eye on their surroundings. However, keeping most of her jovial self in tact at the moment, she nodded to Hēi Lián.

"Hehe, The honor is ours your majesty! Of course we don't mind! I had hoped to help console the poor mare and give her refuge from the events of the night, but I believe that you are right. I do believe that the princess would be able to handle and diffuse the situation that we could. Love is Princess Cadence's specialty and she has a way with ponies. I personally have only met her once, and it really wasn't on great terms before. I won't go into detail on such a lovely night, but just a lot of chaos ensued and our first meeting just happened to be in the Crystal Empire Medical Center," Ice Storm started as she levitated one of the glasses of champagne over. "I must say though, I am honored that you find my little after-party get together enjoyable. I figured that there were still some things that needed to be done before the night was out that some of us didn't get to do during the Gala. That said, how would you like your champagne, chilled or frozen? I can make it either or."

Archived