Unofficial Lore Brainstorming: Historical Trivia/Theories

Bellosh

Let's say you're doing a RP when the opportune moment comes to mention a historical fact. Although officially nothing is objectionable as long as it doesn't contradict Lore, you may still feel unsure whether it fits the setting or not. If you have such doubts, than drop by this thread to get feedback from either myself or another lore master. If you also have any particular historical concept in your head that you can't develop into a full unofficial lore write up, you can also post the results of your brainstorming here.

As for myself, I might drop by again to post preliminary notes on Long Guo History soon. :P

One idea that I had knocking around my head for a while was that the Southern Wilds was actually a Kastrotian exile colony in the far distant past, where necromancers and dark magicians were sent so that they wouldn't endanger the city proper.  Sombra would have been a descendent of those original colonists come south to conquer the Crystal Empire.

6 hours ago, PrinceBlueblood said:

One idea that I had knocking around my head for a while was that the Southern Wilds was actually a Kastrotian exile colony in the far distant past, where necromancers and dark magicians were sent so that they wouldn't endanger the city proper.  Sombra would have been a descendent of those original colonists come south to conquer the Crystal Empire.

While the Southern Wilds were not originally meant to be a hang-out for evil-hearted unicorns (as @SteelEagle can explain), an exile Kastrotian colony wouldn't be out of the realm of possibility. Speaking as a Sombra RPer though, my version of the character actually came from Kastrot... but maybe he got exiled there once everyone in Maretonia got sick of him. XD

I've always assumed the War of the Sisters lasted for long enough to become pony history rather than pony rumor, with the idea (since the opener that showed Luna's transformation was the same night as her ultimate banishing) that Nighmare Moon was active by proxy, waging the war through letters and catspaws until the night she was defeated when she overreached.

As a corollary to this, I've usually played Celestia as having taken a few desperate actions during that war that she's not proud of, and allowing that shame to fuel some of her reservedness.

Speaking of wars, I like to think that before the time of the three pony tribes, dragons were the dominant species on the planet. However, that supremacy came to an end thanks to an epic war between the western dragons (the European-style ones seen on the show) and their eastern brethren (the Asia-style ones of Long Guo), which arose out of how fundamentally polar opposites they were.

In my headcanon, this theoretical "Draconic Age" was also the type when minotaur, diamond dog, centaur, gargoyle, and griffon civilizations were at their peak, and the landscape would have been carved up between warlords and such. In other words, it'd just be like Conan the Barbarian back in those really old days. :P

• 3 months later...

I wanted to write something like this for official lore or even unofficial. It is an old headcanon of mine.

But I always felt Discord is unique in the sense that he is the only him. I'm sure other draconequus can exisit, dragon-pony hybrids, but he himself is special due to his magic. Much like an ascended alicorn who transforms for discovering or creating new magic, eg Cadence and Twilight, Discord discovered Chaos magic long ago and ascended to an amalgamation of beasts as he is now.

His magic and hybridization would have perverted his ascension and he is what he is today because of it. 

I wanted to write a detailed past on it, a history.

What do ya'll think?

Archived