User Titles

DreamySunday

Do you want the ability to change your own title?  

9 members have voted

1. 1. Do you want the ability to change your own title?

• Yes.
    • No.
    • Indifferent.

Hello! I come before our mighty Admin gods today to request that they allow us common folk the ability to edit and change our own titles. I sincerely don't see why we can't at this point. I know that it used to be a donators perk, but as far as I'm aware that's not a thing anymore. So I stand before you humbly requesting that we users be bequeathed with the ability to change it ourselves.

I can see where you are getting at, but I the way I see it is the Admin gods grant people a title that they think suits a person, whether it is funny, relatable, or just something they are known as in the community. While it is desirable to be able to edit your title, I find it weird if a person who hasn't gotten to know the community or the people in it started calling themself...Dragon Emperor. It's like if a pony actually walked into Canterlot and called themself a Dragon Emperor because it sounds cool or they always wanted to be one. 

So that's my argument. :catbug: I just wanted to say what I felt about the topic. 

5 minutes ago, SymphonicFire said:

I can see where you are getting at, but I the way I see it is the Admin gods grant people a title that they think suits a person, whether it is funny, relatable, or just something they are known as in the community.

But they would still be able to do that! They could still change your title the same way they can still change your profile picture.

6 minutes ago, SymphonicFire said:

While it is desirable to be able to edit your title, I find it weird if a person who hasn't gotten to know the community or the people in it started calling themself...Dragon Emperor. It's like if a pony actually walked into Canterlot and called themself a Dragon Emperor because it sounds cool or they always wanted to be one. 

What would be wrong with someone calling themselves that? Sure it would be a little silly but I don't think theirs anything wrong with someone calling themselves Dragon Emperor. Besides, It's just a title. It's not like it actually dictates who actually rules the dragons. :P

I'll think about it, but I believe Symphonic nailed it -- it's a fun sort of thing that happens to users that get involved in the community or they earn their title in some way. If we just allow it, it becomes another profile field to fill out. 

Robi would also make it something Ace Attorney related, and we can't allow him any personal enjoyment.

You could ask for it to be changed to something specific if you asked nicely...

19 minutes ago, DreamySunday said:

What would be wrong with someone calling themselves that? Sure it would be a little silly but I don't think theirs anything wrong with someone calling themselves Dragon Emperor. Besides, It's just a title. It's not like it actually dictates who actually rules the dragons. :P

It was just an example :papyrus:

I for one agree with Rosi and Fire on this one. A title being granted to someone is indeed a good way to show how involved someone is with the community. I don't object to users having the power to edit their titles, but it's not something I'd really care for personally. Just my opinion. I actually love the title that was given to me~.

EDIT: Redacted.

What's with the upside down username? I don't really understand that, but, oh well.

On 8/28/2016 at 11:55 AM, Rosewind said:

I'll think about it, but I believe Symphonic nailed it -- it's a fun sort of thing that happens to users that get involved in the community or they earn their title in some way. If we just allow it, it becomes another profile field to fill out. 

Robi would also make it something Ace Attorney related, and we can't allow him any personal enjoyment.

You could ask for it to be changed to something specific if you asked nicely...

It is a fun thing! And there is no reason that would have to change! You're an admin, You could change as many peoples titles and profile pics as you wanted. I'm just saying that the users should be able to change it to something else without having to contact an admin. But regardless, I'm glad that you're at least thinking about it. I'll respect whatever decision you make. I just figured I'd bring it up.

Archived