[Age of Heroes] Ember's forge [closed, ask if you want to join!]

Dusty

The stallion scratched his head. It was a bit early in the day to be drinking...But it's not like they are going to go all out and drink both the day and the night away. That sounds like a real bad case of alcohol poisoning right there. Though fortunately some of the pony's cybernetics does actually reduce the effects of that... even when he's missing a good chunk of biological mass. Besides, it was a good way for him to not lament on the idea of needlessly attacking a dragon when the idea was formed out of sarcasm. With any luck, he doesn't have to call out Deus to deal with the poor thing.

"That's kind of an odd ball question to ask when it's just an hour and a half past high noon..." He commented as he tapped his chin with a talon. He then shrugged, "But I guess a drink won't hurt. Speaking of... Where is your mate from? "

"You're asking a soldier turned merc if he likes to drink?" Tehengu said, raising an eyebrow at her. "Especially with my background? Of course I do. What you got?"

While he agreed with Java that it was a bit early for drinks, he also figured one or two drinks wouldn't hurt at all. Besides, wasn't like he planned to do any jobs today, so he could relax. The griffon was paying attention to the conversation, but his eye was scanning the various blades and bows on display, seeing if he could find anything better than what he had. He doubted it, but it never hurt to look. 

• 4 weeks later...

Ember chuckles before she answers Java. “First, it’s never a bad time for alcohol. Bird brain over here knows how it is. As for my mate, he and his family hail from Saarvagerg. But he did not grow up in that city, they moved here early in his life. His dad angered some clans and had to run for his life with his family. So they moved here and put him in school, it’s how we first got too meet.” She looks down at the arrow heads, they were vaguely starting to take shape now. “His family is odd, they don’t care for ponies and are only hear out of fear. So his dad did not like us being a thing, but we have been friends so long he’s keeping his muzzle shut about it. Maybe the fact I have kicked his flank a few times helps. Put a ball in a headlock and make him tap out. Even the most angry bull will hold his remarks about you.”

"Well, I will believe it," The stallion hummed. He held a grin and tapped at the bandage over his eye with a mechanical talon. "But I guess it's a bias. After all, you did make my eye explode with shock alone. Regrowing those things never feel good. Plus if I was heavier, I'm sure you would have taken my head clean off." The stallion tilted his head. He almost wandered what that would be like... even though it'd mean the end of him.  He gave a small shrug and gave a wag of the hoof.

"Anyways, Your bull's family seems to be of the more conservative Caribou then. The sorts that respects strength. Fighting words are a source of poetry, and altercations are a means of politics. You could honestly be queen there if you wanted."

Machina than rose and sauntered closer to the mare. His metal hooves making a light clicking sound with each step. "So! I guess the fact that we are sharing drinks makes us friends!"

The caribous cared more about strength than anything. Typical, almost every caribou he'd met so far had been like that. 

At least she managed to shut the father up about her relationship with her mate. It was nice to hear love prevailed over their little pony hate or whatever. 

"Typically." Tehengu replied after Java spoke up about sharing drinks making them friends. "Means we're on friendly terms anyways." He added, walking over too. 

"Where do you keep the stuff? I could go get them for you." The griffon offered, watching the arrowheads take shape. 

“I have been told such things plenty of times, go over seas, brake some spines and shatter some horns and call myself boss. But fun as that sounds I don’t trust that not one bull has some powers as well. I know it runs with ponies more but… Well, hate to roll the dice and take on a bull that just so happens think my best punch feels like somepony is petting him.” She says with scrunched nose at the thought of such a bull. “And it’s cold! Even this city is too cold for me honestly. But my mates homeland? Buck me I’d have to live in a fire.”

She starts laughing as they call her a friend. “No, not even close! At best I don’t want to see you two die a painful death. Maybe we can be friends. Maybe. Maybe I can use one or two other than my mate. But it takes more than food and small talk.” She nods to the stairs leading up to her home. “Door is not locked, it’s in the fridge. Help yourself but do keep it one bottle unless you got a liver made out of stone. no clue how he drinks it so easily."

Archived