The Night Hunters (private)

Killjoy

"I already know what they are doing...they are torturing him, right now he is feeling pain beyond all measure. They are going to try to break his mind and spirit until there is nothing left to call himself. If they succeed in doing so, none of us will be in his memories." Killjoy said sternly as she moved Trax aside and kept moving forward "besides, I have a plan to get him back without a fight, but I still need someone to accompany me, I'll need to call upon your teleportation ability one last time" she said as she glanced at Trax "whether you agree or not, I'm not going to stand by while Oakly suffers the same agony I went through and set a darkness inside his heart. you know as well as I do, time is not on our side, and he doesn't have much left."

Luna grasped Hazel's hand "don't worry, we will get him back, what ever it takes."

• Replies 597
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Trax relaxed his prowess, glancing back at Kasey, "Inform everyone we will be out for awhile, and for safe measure, a friend will be stopping by shortly." He told Kasey before tapping Killjoys shoulder and the two flickered away. Kasey sighed gripping Oaklys scarf in his hand, before turning around and heading inside.

Hazel relaxed her grip, half of her hair began to lighten in color, she drew back her tears as she looked up. Her left eye was a light green, with her right eye still in its vampiric form. Spring and Hazel, both personalities were surfaced at the same time, her voice sounded with two similar tones but separate tones. "Mom... I'm in Love with Him...."

Luna felt a sharp pain in her heart, she already knew how she felt about Oakley but she wasn't quite ready to hear that her daughter was in love. It was a sign to her that Hazel has growing up. Luna slowly sat down to get her thoughts together. There was no way of hiding what she felt. "Well then, we will do everything we can possibly do to make sure he returns."

Killjoy stood besides Trax half a mile away looking over Canterlot Castle. Killjoy stared for a moment "Trax, you may not agree with all of this or what I say." She glances at Trax "but if you want to get your son back, you MUST do exactly what I say and follow my lead." She said walking towards the castle. "Just be ready with those fancy knives."

A few minutes later, the large gate of the castle broke apart enough for her to get through. "Malacath!" She yelled as loud as she could knowing he would hear. "I've come to strike a deal for the boy, I have an offer only a fool would refuse, just come out and we can discuss things!" 

Malacath waved his hand, stopping the torture, "Well, this is an interesting turn." 

Suddenly Malacath zipped into view up the road, flanked by Treachery and Fraud. Trax grit his teeth still keeping his lips closed, with this line up they were out matched for sure. Greed flashed to the top of the wall, Lust and Gluttony came out on either side of the gate, Violence flashed to Greeds side with folded arms. Trax let out a sigh, trusting Killjoys plan, because any fight now would be a hopeless one. 'You've trained him for the last two years, it would be odd for you to have anything other than Oaklys safety in mind right now, I trust you' 

Malacath waved to them, "Greetings Ms. Veil, to what do I owe such pleasure?"

Killjoy glanced at Trax "well at this point do you really have a choice not to?" She asked before looking at Malachy and everyone with him. "Besides, look at him, he already fears us if he needs all of these priests with him." She whispered. She put her focus on Malacath "well if you haven't heard me the first time, I'll say it again, I'm here for the boy, Oakly. Of course at an exchange, body for body. So the deal is simple...me...for him." She said with all seriousness "like I said before, only a fool would refuse such an exchange."

Malacath raised an eyebrow, Treachery and Fraud glanced at eachother, they weren't fully in agreement with Malacaths plans but followed out of share of respect and fear. Greed narrowed his eyes as Violence smirked, Gluttony grinned wildly while Lust huffed with mild distaste. "As much as the offer intrigues me my dear, I must decline." Malacath told her apologetically. Trax let the dagger in his sleeve slip into his hand but did not fully draw it, "Why not? Surely you can see this is beyond in your favor." He inquired briskly. Malacath nodded, "However, there is a particular reason why I took Oakly. A reason you will find out later. Now, before I let my associates here tear you limb from limb, I suggest you leave. Afterall, there is an impending battle we must equip for no?" At his words, The Priests all took offensive measures, ready to attack if they resisted.

Killjoy quickly took a step forward "then how about a bet, a test to see how confident you are in your "associates" put me up against your strongest priest in a one on one fight. If I win, you do the exchange, and if I lose...you keep Oakly...and I am yours to serve in what ever you see fit." She exclaimed staring down Malacath knowing if he refused, he might as well be spitting in the faces of his loyal followers.

Malacath raised any eye brow, "My my, you are persistent aren't you." He sighed and waved his hand, the Priests backed off with the exception of Treachery. "I will humor you just once, so you can see that there is another league above you. So you can taste the bitterness of defeat, something that you have been starved of for quite some time. Trax, top of the mountain please." Trax threw his dagger at Malacath who caught it with ease, he placed a hand on Killjoys shoulder as Malacath did the same with Treachery. All four flickered away, reappearing at the top of the mountain Canterlot rested on the side of. Treachery shook off his top layer of robes and cracked his neck side to side. "No holds barred, first one to be knocked unconscious by the other, Loses." Malacath said as he stepped to the side. Trax moved to the side as well, uneasy about the whole matter, hoping Killjoy had a plan to this. 

Killjoy's chest plate fell to the ground with a loud thud and shortly followed by the other pieces "then I assume it's fists then, hand to hand combat." She said stretching a bit. As of until now, they have only seen her fight with armor and a weapon. None of them have yet seen what she can do with her hands. She now has the unknown on her side, but so does her opponent, she hasn't seen Treachery fight at all. The smoky black aura immidiately blasted off from her body as her powers were released. There wasn't really a plan at all, only to win the fight at all costs, for Oakly's sake. She glanced at Trax and gave him a nod, she wasn't going to back down. She looked back at Treachery as she cracked her knuckles "all I wanna say is, no hard feelings after I put you in the dirt eh?" She said with a smirk.

Treachery slid a foot back taking an offensive stance, "A phrase best said towards yourself. Suddenly Treachery was upon her, a hard jab to her stomach cause a momentary shortage of breath, then another jab to her chin forcing her back. Treachery dropped down spining, sweeping Killjoy off her feet, He switched to his hands so his feet could double kick her into the ground. The force cracked the ground and imprinted her in a few feet, Treachery back off a few yards taking a defensive stance. Trax had his eyes narrowed the whole time, the technique and skill, Treachery was trained in a martial arts form unknown to him. 

Treachery soon realized through his volley of attacks, that her body felt harder than steel. "You're going to have to hit a lot harder than that if you wish to beat me!" Her voice echoed through the dust cloud of the crater, as the cloud cleared, she was gone. Suddenly a foot slammed into Treachery face sending him into the ground, on the bounce Killjoy quickly spun to behind him with a burst of strong and fast punches into Treachery's spine and rip cage, each hit creating powerful shock waves. Killjoy kept Treachery juggling in the air for a few seconds with endless punches into his back. Her movements were way more quick an precise unlike how she was in her armor. Treachery finally started to descend, but was grabbed as his stomach was slammed onto her knee. Killjoy quickly lifted Treachery's head up as it was soon met with Killjoy's elbow sending him skidding into the ground creating a large scar in the earth.

Malacath nodded, "Magnificent Ms. Veil, well shown." He said as Treachery stood up dusting himself off, he cracked his knuckles before charging Killjoy, leaping up with a heavy balled up fist.

Killjoy quickly ducked to the side as she landed a hit on the left side of Treachery's ribs, after her constant abuse, Treachery's ribs faltered as the loud familiar sound of bones cracking. Killjoy smirked as she felt the bones fracture. She then tapped in to her full strength as her right arms almost seemed like it was on fire. During the upswing, the air broke as her fist traveled though it causing a loud boom followed by the impact with Treachery's chin creating a powerful shock wave the cracked the ground beneath them. Treachery was sent flying upwards to where he was almost to the cloud above. Killjoy crossed her arms tapping her foot as she acted impatient for her opponent to fall back to earth. Killjoy looked up as Treachery was nearing the ground. Killjoy jumped up to meet Treachery as she spun kicked him in the back of the head sending rocketing into the cliff side.

Trax was in shock as he saw the dust clear, revealing a twisted and mangled Treachery, "She did it?" He glanced over at Malacath to watch for his similar surprise, but flinched as he only saw a sly smirk. Malacath yawned, "Alright Treachery, I've seen enough. You may begin." Trax went wide as the world seemed to flash, Treachery stood in perfect condition in the same spot when the fight began. 'He put me under as well to keep me from saying something' Trax thought angrily as he tightened his fists. Treachery exhaled softly before flashing behind Killjoy, with two fingers he jabbed hard into Killjoys side, the force was great enough to cause damage to her organs. He spun around delivering two more jabs, one at her right arm, and the other at her shoulder blade. Both hits caused a cracking sound. Treachery zipped in front, uppercutting her in the chin, before she got too high, He grabbed her foot and slammed her back down then rainbowed her over his head and slammed her down again on the other side. This repeated another four times before Treachery did a full clockwise rotation and sent her flying into the air. The Priest bent down and jumped high, passing Killjoy quickly, he slowed down as she started to catch up. "Survive this, and earn a quick death later." Treachery focused his strength into his palms before delivering a final blow to Killjoys stomach, even with her ability and enhanced power, the blow ruptured her organs and nearly cracked all her ribs. Killjoy zoomed down breaking the sound barrier, the force scattered the clouds above in multiple circles. The ground shattered on impact, sending a deep crack halfway down to Canterlot on the opposite side of the mountain. Treachery landed smoothly on the ground, barely a drop of sweat on him. Trax starred with concern, he knew Killjoy was a stubborn one, but this could be trouble.

Killjoy laid there for a moment as she coughed up some blood before chuckling that soon turned into laughter then slowly turned into what only could be known as insanity. "Oh so that's how it's gonna be...let me play around a bit to think I won then start getting serious right at the end?" She said as she slowly climbed out of the crater as her injuries were already starting to heal, dark flames poured out of her wounds as the dark crimson glow of her eyes pierced through the dust. Killjoy stepped out from the cloud of dust "I must commend you though, you are the first in so long to put her through so much pain to let ME out to play. You obviously pushed her into a corner" She said with a twisted smirk and a sadistic chuckle. "I know what your thinking, how can a human get up and walk off what all you just done, well that's good question, but I honestly think you know, because some twisted higher power made me an instrument of annihilation and so as you can see everything you did, all that effort is slipping away." Her voice became twisted and spine chilling as she stepped forward her movement became loose and non caring. A dust cloud passed by, as it passed l, Killjoy was gone. A split second later the bottom of Killjoy's heel slammed onto the top of Treachery's head as he was driven into the ground as the ground exploded crating a large crater. Killjoy quickly sat on Trwachery's back and put him in a choke hold as she was slowly going backwards "now since you were so rude, you can either give up or you can have you spine in half." She said feeling the spine slowly giving "time is ticking."

Without warning, Killjoys head was forced face first to the ground, Treacherys image was cleared like a cloud of dust. "I must admit, no mortal has ever given me such trouble before, you are the first to even survive my attacks. For this I commend you, however," Treachery began before dragging her face across the ground and threw her into a hard stone slab, "You are no longer Human. You are a monster, a hell-bent being craving only the kill, and the pleasure it brings to your corrupted heart." He placed a hand on Killjoys head, "Feel, all the pain you've ever inflicted on another living being, feel their fear before you took their life from them." His words were drowned out as the emotion of Fear was she could feel, along with her body nearly ripping itself apart from every injury or pain she had inflicted on another. Trax starred in disbelief, he couldnt believe he was actually starting to feel for Killjoy, an almost sibling bond that made him want to take her place so she didnt have to. Malacath sighed as Treachery backed off letting Killjoys limp body fall to the ground, her ability ceased as she was put into an unconscious state, her body only moving to breath slowly. "Take her and Go, I have no need of her. I admit you are both threats to my plans, I speak for everyone when I say that you have made us fear the possibility of being defeated, even killed. Now leave, while you still have a choice." Trax flinched tightening his fists, a little white smoke glittered off him but he held back his frustration. Trax walked over to Killjoy but Treachery held up a hand, "Wait, she isn't finished just yet."

Only laughter came out ad Killjoy sat up "oh I haven't felt a rush like that in years, you ignorant fool, thinking that using your little powers were supposed to actually hurt me when you never realized I've been doing that kind of thing for over six years now." She chuckled "oh an your little speech was oh so cliche, I mean come on, calling me a monster blah blah blah. I might just puke, like you were some righteous hero just there." She said laughing finally standing up. "Though I'm a little upset that Trax thinks this all it takes to bring me down, ME, like I'm fragile or something." She scoffed, she stopped "wait, what was I doing again?" She thought as she looked at Treachery "oh right, look this was all fun and all, but this going on and on, and I'm getting a little bored sooo" she said as she suddenly punched Treachery hard enough to send one of his fangs flying out of his mouth along with a couple teeth. As Treachery went flying and hit the cliff side, few large rocks followed suit colliding into his body with great speed and force as they broke on impact. Giving Killjoy time to get up and clear the distance between them. "If you wanted pain, I got it." She laughing as she took Treachery by the throat and taking his arm and squeezing, in doing so, the bones in his arm shattered. Killjoy stomped down on the side of Treachery's knee causing his leg and knee to shatter. As Treachery fell Killjoy put him into another choke hold as he knee went down on his spine and doing what she promised earlier and snapped his spine in half. Knowing that all this will heal quickly, she knew it wouldn't be quick enough to recover from the immense damage she has inflicted. She took hold of Treachery's collar bone and pulled breaking it with ease. She then wrapped her lags around Treachery's torso and squeezing as his ribs faltered and we're crushed. Killjoy slowly started to squeeze onto his throat "keep this and it will be your neck, then your head."

Treachery coughed up blood, "Killjoy..." But his voice was different, it wasn't his voice, but another familiar one instead. Treacherys image faded away, revealing a battered and bloody Trax underneath Killjoy, the hallucination made him unable to activate his prowess. Trax threw up more blood, "Can ya get off me now, I think I might be dying..." Killjoy was suddenly lifted off him into the air, Treachery leaped up to her and delivered a final kick to her stomach. The force of his kick sounded like thunder, and Killjoy flew away off the mountain, breaking the sound barrier twice before completely obliterating the countryside of the land below. Treachery landed smoothly again before looking at Malacath, who gave him an agreed nod. "Goodbye Trax, until we meet again.... or perhaps not." He said sternly. Trax struggled for breath before flickering away.

Miles away, at the end of a massive scar in the forest, Trax appeared on the ground near a pile of dirt and tree branches. His breathing was raspy and made gurgling noise, he coughed up more blood before trying to speak. "I think... we might need to train... some more..." He said weakly as his body began to radiate white smoke, the black etchings on his body spread quickly.

Soon a hand grasping onto a mangled severed arm "it's not that, even he knew he couldn't beat me by conventional means, so he had to pull out all of his tricks, he now knows that he isn't as strong as he first assumed he was, and so malacath saw that I couldn't be beaten by normal means, so in short I win in a way, though Oakley is going to have to stay there for the time being." The crazed Killjoy popped half her body out of the dirt completely OK. "Though there is this weird feeling I'm having, like a long itch has been scratched." She said thinking for a moment. "Like...I actually dont...feel the need to kill you for some reason. Though I really want to kill those vampires though, thinking they own the olace." She looked at Trax, the insanity still clear in her eyes, but calm. She fully climbed out of the dirt, dropping Treachery's arm. Her stomach growled loudly "and I'm hungry...." she frowned "and she hasn't taken back control so I suppose I'm here to stay for a while."

Trax stood up slowly rotating his arms and stretching himself out, "Lucky for me you're not all that dumb, you knew he'd use his ability as soon as you moved so you held back. I'd thank ya but, I think I should have died, theres a theory I've been wanting to test out but haven't been able to go through with it. Eh, either way, I'm just glad you're brain isn't as messed up as you're psyche is. So, do you prefer Killjoy still, or would you prefer the real name?" He asked as his white smoke started to vanish and his black etchings receded, but not completely, his eyes slowly returned to normal. His tone and behavior had also changed, no longer cool and calm, but more eccentric and loose.

Treachery used cut his hair and used it to sew together the stump of his missing left arm, severed midway above the elbow. Malacath let out another sigh, "She is a stubborn one, always trying to prove she's invincible. Perhaps that is her greatest fear, to be proved one day that she isn't strong enough to protect those she cares about? In any case, the arm won't be a problem?" Treachery put his robes back on with his left sleeve flailing in the wind, "What arm?" He asked simply, Malacath then smirked with pride.

"Being crazy doesn't make you dumb, just unpredictable that's all, and since my real name was given to me by someone even I hate more than anything in this world...Killjoy will do. I killed a lot of people to get that title I'll have you know and I will not have it wasted." Killjoy said in confidence as if proud of her achievement. She then realized something "F##K I LEFT MY ARMOR ON THAT MOUNTAIN!!" She yelled as she pulled on her hair "that armor cost...well I threatened to kill his family so I didn't pay anything..." she was silent for a moment "BUT THAT ARMOR IS STILL PRICELESS, EBONY STEEL IS COSTS A FORTUNE!!" she yelled "not only that but I fought countless battles in it...it's special..." she said quietly. She quickly got up and looked at "by the way, you are taking the fact that your son will continue to be tortured in the mist horrendous ways very well." She said as if forgetting about the the episode she unfolded.

Trax shrugged, "Kids gotta grow up one way or another, heck I've been tortored so many times in the past, it's amazing I'm still alive." He said nonchalantly, his attitude had changed dramatically. "Forget about your armor, you go back there, and Treachery's just gonna make you kill something or someone else. For now we should focus our attention on the army or whatever, Malacath is pretty confident he can defend Canterlot from us with ease."

Kasey passed by the nursery, stopping in the door to see Luna and Hazel passed out together in a chair, Hazel was exhausted from moving so fast at a long distance to get here. He glanced up realizing the little girl Killjoy had brought in, was awake and starring at him, "What is Love?" She asked curiously. Kasey flinched at the question, "Uh well.... Love is when you really care for something or someone...." He sighed thinking it over, "Love is an emotion, a feeling you get when you look at something or someone, and you want hold onto it for all eternity. I love my Family. My mother, sister, brother, and even my father, I love them all, and would do anything to keep them safe." He looked at Luna and Hazel sleeping soundly together, "Love is also a powerful emotion, one that can bring even the most broken souls to the light." He scratched his head seeing he'd gone and got all dramatic, "Sorry, got a little deep there. You should get some rest too, I guess I'll see you around." He started to walk out when he paused and looked back at Ally, "By and by, I like your hair, it really brings out your eyes." Instantly Ally blushed and nervously twirled her fingers in her hair as Kasey walked out.

Killjoy narrowed her eyes as she approached Trax staring him straight in the eyes. "You aren't acting right, the Trax I met in my head wasn't so careless. While you are just shrugging off your son's pain an agony." She grabbed onto his head as if trying to inspect something closely "good thing I'm here and not my other self, she would maul and maime you if she heard saw such things. I personally don't care if the boy lives or dies, but you shouldn't either." Her eye twitched "are you under the influence of dark sorcery? Huh...huh...are ya, are ya?" She asked repeatedly. "Only result for dark sorcery is death."

Trax grabbed her wrist and removed her hand from him, "I thought you were smarter than that Killjoy, don't you know? I am Death." He said coldly as he started to grab a hold of himself, "Now quit your useless jabbering and lets head back, not that you care, but we both have people we need to apologize to for breaking a promise." He let go of her and started off, his torn clothing flailed in the night breeze, stained with his blood from now healed injuries.

Shadow walked aimlessly through a dead forest, known by the Four Horsemen as the birthplace of the first Death. "Death is the one Truth of Life, you are not truly living otherwise. Death follows War, Famine, and Pestilence. We cannot exist without him, as He cannot exist without Us." He paused as he heard footsteps behind him, he turned to see Famine in surprise. "War attracts us all, it produces Famine and Pestilence, and Death Follows in our wake. Wherever there is War, We are as well."

• 4 weeks later...

Killjoy took the lead with a skip in her step "I didn't promise anything, it was the other one that promised getting that useless boy back. I was merely brought out due to her weakness as always." She said putting her hands behind her head "every time, she tries facing powers beyond her, only to, in the end, summon me to do what she cannot. She insists on keeping me away as if she can accomplish anything without me, come to think of it, it's very ironic that I am the only hope humanity has to continue their oh so hopeless existence. It's all so stupid..."

"Well someone has some sense." A voice echoed in famine's, Trax's and Shadow's head "it's about time someone acknowledges my importance of your existence." The tone was familiar but much more different, it was calm, but colder than the darkest circle of hell. "Without me, none of you would be here. Death, Famine, Pestilence....all byproducts of War like Famine here, the one that seems to be the most... knowledgeable of the three of you." The voice was Killjoy's. "If you haven't noticed by now, Red's mind is on the brink of collapsing, leaving a clean slate to work with. So even if she denies me, it's only a matter of time before I cast this miserable world in fire and ruin." Suddenly Trax felt a flaming glare behind him "and I'll be eagerly waiting for your...retribution." War said as a chilling laugh echoed loudly as it faded away. 

Killjoy kept walking as if nothing waz there.

Archived