The Night Hunters (private)

Killjoy

For Thousands of years, Vampires were myths told by many all across the world, stories of undead stalking the dark and taking people to feed on their blood. Creatures of great strength and speed, apex predators. Legends worth fearing. Though one day people started to go missing or found in dark alleys and sewers with nothing but two holes on each side of their necks and completely drained of blood. Everyone started to realize that the vampires were no longer something of legend, but real beings of darkness, stalking the night for victims. No one was able to stop the vampires until an organization that called themselves as simply "The Order" rose up in the major city of Canterlot. The Order specialized in the slaying of the supernatural, things even the world has yet to see, horrors kept hidden through out history and still remain secret. So begins our story....

• Replies 597
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Tap tap tap tap.... The echoed sounds of footsteps pattered across the rooftops. A lone cloaked figure stopped above an ally, drawing a single silver dagger, and a hardened oak blade. Shaking back his cowl, he was ony a young man no more than 18 years old. Oakly Talon peered down seeing two shapes hunched over a dead body. He didn't have many skills, only what his father taught him, and that was to fight. Oakly dropped down on top of the figures, but to his surprise, they practically floated out of the way. Oakly stood up facing them with his daggers, the two figures glared at him with blood red eyes before turning away and running off. Oakly growled impatiently before giving chase, first contract kill he'd gotten since he started, and wasn't about to lose them.

The two figures glided across the surface of ground like wraths, and their speed was incredible, Oakly noticed he was falling behind and decided on a desperate decision. The two figures turned into an and paused just as the silver dagger stuck into the ground in front of them, they backed up as barrels fell down blocking their path. Oakly ran around the corner and with grinned with pride, but his pride turned grim as he saw the two figures unsheathe deadly scimitars from under their cloaks. "Alright, hard way it is." Oakly flipped around his oak dagger and charged them. The first figure parried with him, the second leaped above, Oakly moved to the side with a spin. But the move had put him into a corner, Oakly now faced the two figures with his back against the barrels, kicking up his silver daggar, he readied himself. Again, Oakly was caught off guard, he felt himself stuck in place as one of the figures sped in like a ghost, he was defenseless as a kick to the chest sent him against the barrels. Oakly gasped as he lost his breath, and then went wide in fear as the second figure appeared above him in blinding speed, kicking him square in the chest and sent smashing through the barrels to the other side. Oakly felt his entire body sting with pain, splinters littered his body, blood trickled from the sides of his mouth. The two figures stood over him, their breaths becoming more and more beastly, red eyes glowed from their shadowy faces. Oakly attempted to move but the figures pinned him down, fear gripped at his heart, his voice silenced by terror.

Out of the darkness the sound of footsteps was heard, metal clanking with every step as it got louder and louder. Then from behind, a figure in dark steel plate armor appeared, the figure was silent as piercing red eyes glared daggers through the visor of the helmet. The figure drew their sword, a large claymore that shined even in the darkness. The vampires quickly stepped off Oakly and started to hiss at the new competitor. The figure looked down at Oakly before stepping over him, getting between the vampires and their prey. The two vampires looked at each other and nodded with sadistic grins on their faces before charging toward. The clash of steel rang out as the figured clashed with one and quickly kicked the other one back sending him into the wall. The figure showed amazing strength as they broke the clash, dark swirls formed around the figure's right arm before slamming into the Vampire's face knocking him down. As the other recovered, he charged. Blood spewed all over the walls and floor as the upper half of one of the vampires went flying and landed near Oakly. The sword cut clean through the Vampire's torso as the lower half just went limp and fell over. The second vampire went wide eyed in worry but shook it off and started to charge and once again steel clashed. The vampire unleashed a furious volley of attacks, but it was futile as the figure just caught his hand and kneed him in the stomach before spinning to his right and decapitating him, quickly ending the battle. The figure turned back to Oakly and just stared at him for a brief moment before starting to walk away.

"... Wait... Please..." Oakly muttered as he strained to sit up, he was in bad shape as he could now feel he had a few broken ribs, "I... need... help... please..." He spoke again before laying back down and shivered, the pain becoming unbearable. His Father had taught him some medical knowledge, but he couldnt apply it to himself at this time and place. Without help, he would die of shock, if not, Bleed out.

The figure stopped and stood for a moment before slowly taking off the helmet. dark red hair poured out of the helmet and down the back of the armor, the figure's head turned revealing a beautiful woman. "I should let you die...only a fool would go after two pure blood vampires..." her voice was cold as ice "Luckily for you those were the lowest level of their kind." The women turned and approached Oakly and knelt down "Though leaving someone to die and The Order finding out would put me in a bad position...." she said to no one in particular. "though for security sake, sadly I don't have a sedative...." she said as her fist slammed into Oakly's head knocking him out cold. She turned Oakly over and started to do quick first aid to stop the body from going into shock. "there..." she said before picking him up over her shoulder "d@mn..." she winced as she put her hand on her side where a weak point in her armor was as blood squished through her fingers. "great...." she mumbled as she started walking out of the alley.

((so here we are gonna do a little time skip to where Oakly is in The Order's infirmary. Then Oakly will ask to join The Order.))

"your in the infirmary of The Order's HQ." A voice was heard as the woman who saved Oakly sat down in a stool beside the bed. "What is your name, and why did you go and get yourself almost killed?" she asked sternly as her eyes narrowed.

The woman chuckled "and asked no questions about it did you?" she asked as she leaned back in her chair. "A Hitman...how wonderful." she said sarcastically. "but you still haven't answered one of my questions. Does the amateur Hitman have a name?" She asked again. "My name is Red of house Veil, though call me by my designation, Killjoy." 

"Oakly... Oakly Talon, and like I said I'' new to the business." Oakly said before wincing as he felt someone touch his left arm, looking up he saw a beautiful young girl in a medic trench coat, her sparkling hazel eyes captivated him. "Killjoy, are you torching the young boy, again?" She asked sarcastically as she started taking off Oaklys bandaids. Spring Feather was a member of The Order, she specializes in Medical practices but is also skilled in dart throwing.

"getting information...I took a risk just bringing the boy here. The Elders won't be too pleased that i let a random boy into our HQ. So before I get interrogated by the old bags, I'd better get as much information out of this kid to build up a defense to my case." Killjoy said looking at Spring and then back to Oakly. "So...the most important question is...." she narrowed her eyes again "do you want to kill vampires....?"

Oakly starred at her then glanced at Spring before going back to Killjoy, "Uhh....." He thought for moment, and for the first time it hit him, what other reason would his Father give him a silver and wooden dagger? He had always thought it odd, but never questioned it. Besides, Contract Killing was probably gonna get him in trouble with Vampires anyway, why not learn how to kill the most dangerous Predator first? Oakly nodded, "Yes. Please, I want to join The Order." Spring smiled and shook her head, "Oh Killjoy, getting the boy to join as an excuse to bring him here, you're too cute sometimes." 

"That's exactly why I've lived this long in such a dangerous occupation. Same goes for you Spring." Killjoy replied. Killjoy studied Oakly for a minute "I can see potential..." she stared into his eyes "a VERY long road is ahead of you. The training involved is difficult and dangerous...people have died going through this. You have been warned. I will be personally training you for the next two years. In the time of two years, if I see ONE...." she put her index finger up "and I DO mean one...Fail even one of my training exercises and you will be back on the streets.No second chances" she said sternly. "we are VERY selective and only accept the best. Do you understand Oakly?"

Oakly swallowed again, this woman made him fear for his own life just by being in the same room with her, "I understand." Spring smiled innocently before poking him in his elbow, Oakly tensed up in an odd position from sheer pain. "Oops, my bad. Still tender I see." Spring said with another innocent smile, "He'll be back on his feet in a week." She turned to Killjoy as Oakly relaxed back down.

((is there magic?))

((Well in a sense yes. It's more like an ability than anything. Like Killjoy has strength and fortitude as her ability. Spring's could be healing ability. It's nothing extreme like shooting fire out of your hands, just subtle magic.))

Killjoy got up out of her chair "good...then consider yourself recruited into The Order." She said walking away but stopped and looked back at spring "one week." She said coldly before leaving the infirmary.

Spring nodded before her hands lit up with a light green glow, Oakly raised an eyebrow, "One week? I have three broken ribs, thats a month alone." Spring smirked, "For normal medicine maybe, but I practice a different sort, bite this." She said shoving a towel in his mouth. "Whatya... OWwwww!" Oakly began as she pressed her hands to his ribs, His face contorted with pain. Spring started to sing a little tune as Oaklys screams were muffled down.

((time skip to one week later! FWOOOOOOOOSSHHH!!!))

Killjoy stood in the center of a large room surrounded by a large variety of different weapons and training dummies. Her black armor shined in the light, she stood in a military posture as she waited for the new recruit.

((this will be a short seen, we pretty much do this and then timeskip to the next two years. also forgot to mention, technology wont be traditional, so if you want like a repeating crossbow or something, go right on ahead.)) 

Oakly poked his head at first, questioning his choices as he overheard other members talking about his survival chances with Killjoy as a teacher. "I'm here, whats first?" Oakly asked as he walked in, his attention was grabbed quick by the assorted weapons around the room. 

Killjoy unstrapped the gauntlet on her right hand showing the marking that swirled down her arm as dark mist started to flow out of the markings. "every person has a certain power inside them. These powers match the traits of the person. Mine being strength, Spring's being the power to heal. There are other such as extreme speed and agility. The power of senses, see a gold coin a mile away, hear a pin drop in a crowded city etc. Unlocking these powers give us the advantage we need to fight the darkness of this world." she said strapping her gauntlet back on. "So the very first lesson will be unlocking your ability..." Killjoy started to circle around Oakly studying him closely "Your body seems to be strong enough to handle whatever power you hold, but your mind..." she stopped in front of Oakly "if your mind Isn't strong, The power you unlock will drive you into a madness, its a slow...painful progression." she narrowed her eyes "Let's you up for the challenge, now lets begin."

((Do you wanna go through the training process or timeskip?))

((Let him find his ability first.))

Oakly thought for moment, "Abilities..." He remembered back to his Father, "My Father could teleport, short distances, but he was good at it. I don't know what mine could be, how did you find out yours?"

Killjoy turned her head "It was when i was in the military, I was your age...we set out to investigate a mass murder, my first assignment. People reported finding a large pile of bodies in an old abandoned building. When we got there, the stench was enough to make you puke until you had nothing left in your stomach. None of us knew what to make of it, just stared at the carnage in disbelief. After what seemed like hours in silence and cry broke out behind us. the soldier in the rear was already dismembered before we even turned around. sadistic laughs echoed in the darkness as one by one, they all fell in pieces...Nothing could have been so fast, never saw what was doing it until the entire unit was dead and left me for last. It was pure blood vampire...one that was more powerful than the one's you faced. Though I felt more anger than fear, I wanted to make it pay for such cruelty. So I did what any fool would have done in a panic situation...I charged him. Then I started to see the markings appear on my arm...The only thought on my mind was to destroy and crush. In my moment of panic and strong thought, I unlocked my ability by fool's luck. With that, I was able to kill that vampire...but because my luck made it so." she said looking at her arm "I was an exception...it's nearly impossible to unlock such abilities on a whim." She then looked at Oakly "You most concentrate on what your best values are. Mine were indirect but still focused on strength. So focus on what you are best at."

((Calling Greed, His feeling of Want, would draw the ability of a person nearby and he'd be able to use it for 5 minutes. That or I can change it to static electricity, he can generate amounts of electricity and his voltage would increase with more training. But a side effect to using a voltage capable of killing would result in the blackening of his skin. I can always go with something else.))

((For the greed ability to be acceptable would be like Oakley would have to be within a 15ft radius of others with their powers unlocked already and it would have to be a weaker version due to Oakley not being able to sync with say Killjoy's strength since it is tied to the specific traits that she has. For it to be just as powerful, Oakley would have to be a complete match to whom he is copying which is impossible. Now with the electricity, I'd say for it to be lethal, it has to be direct contact. You can get range but it won't be as powerful and the range will be around 5-10ft away.))

Archived