The Night Hunters (private)

Killjoy

Stryker peaked through the cracked opened door of Hazels room, he carried a tray with hot tea and a few assorted fresh cut meats from their kitchen. He decided from the scene he saw that he'd come back later. Oakly lay on the bed with Hazel next to him, she was curled up with her head rested on his chest, their breathing was opposite but had a rhythm about 'em. Stryker shut the door quietly with smile, "I'll come back later."

The next day and morning after were about the same, Oakly going about his daily chores, with Hazel attatched to his hip. Generally he found it annoying as she wouldn't stop talking his ear off, most of the Order carried on about their day laughing and giggling at them, but everyone knew the reason why. Companionship, Hazel was afraid to be alone. When Oakly took a mission for the early morning, Hazel stuck around Luna or Killjoy, even spent a little time with Stryker and Solar doing some combatives. Teaching them both, that when it comes to size and strength, Vampires especially do not apply to the rules.

It was around midday when Oakly returned, expecting the clingy Hazel to rush him as he walked in, he was greeted with a cold icy shoulder from Spring. Stryker was at his side with hand on his shoulder, "It happened an hour ago, she awoke as Spring and argued with Killjoy, Luna stepped in but... there were some things said..." His words made Oakly clench his fists tightly, all this being because Malacaths greed. They watched Spring walk away before heading to Luna's office, to report his return and completed mission, but also to check on her too. Star Swirled only knew where Killjoy would be after such an event.

Spring walked solemnly back to the Infirmary, her light green eyes looked on, void of emotion. 'Look at us! Some Family we are! A Princess and a War Criminal with Severe PTSD? Oh lets not forget the little adopted Basket Case they call a bucking Daughter! I can't take this charade anymore, I have no Mothers... only a Father who wants to destroy my life her and everyone involved. I'm done playing House!' Her last words to Luna and Killjoy hung around her like a black fog, warding off any who came close to her.  

• Replies 597
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Spring felt a hand grasp tightly onto the collar of her clothes as she was suddenly being dragged. It was Killjoy with nothing but anger in her eyes "you're coming with me, like it or not. We will have words. What the f#€k was going through your mind, that made what you said justified!?" She said said sternly as they entered a room where there wasn't anyone around. Killjoy shut the door and locked "How dare you, even say those things after all we have done for you! The things Luna sacrificed for us to be a family! How dare you be so ungrateful especially now!" Her stern tone became louder and louder "You are our daughter and we LOVE you, and this what you do!?" Killjoy quickly went silent with a deep sigh "of course we aren't exactly the best choice for parents...I AM a murdered...Luna IS a Princess...but we ARE your mothers. Do you have any idea of the effect of what you said?" Killjoy's voice shook as a tear slid down her cheek "do you have any idea...how much it hurt us? I know we're aren't perfect...I know I can't ever hope to be the mother you deserve...but I'm trying... we both are trying as hard as we can to give you the parents you want us to be..."

"I never asked you to do anything! I didnt ask for parents, I didnt ask for anything!" Spring shouted back, her light green eyes now alit with emotion, "I am a pathetic copy, a shadow of a little girl who dealt with denial of what she is. Hazel created me, Spring Flower, the smart and skilled knifewoman." She scoffed and looked away, "Turns out my name is just a nickname from her wretched Father, learned that before I went bezerk." She switched to solumn tone as she down, "I apologize for what I said, it was out of line and unfair. Though in honesty, anything from shouldn't be taken to heart. Afterall, my life has been a lie, a fabrication by a fearful heart. Nothing more."

Oakly knocked upon Lunas door before stepping in, "Mistress Luna, the mission was a success." He reported with a bow. 

Killjoy sighed "you know we aren't that different, we both have a different side of us. At least your other side isn't someone whose killed thousands of innocents...committed the most horrid atrocities....you can still go outside and have no one know who you are..." she said crossing her arms "you may not have asked for any of this, neither have I. I never asked to be saved, never asked for the new life I was given, I dont deserve it, but it happened...and I couldn't be any more grateful for this second chance." She approached Spring "you may have not asked for parents, but are you going to say that you don't want us as your parents, don't want a family?"

Luna sat a desk with her head rested on her hand with a depressed look on her face. "Oh well done Oakly." She said simply.

Spring hugged Killjoy tightly, "No, in truth I can't thank you enough for what and Luna have given me. I'm just... tired of always feeling second, second you and Luna, second to this body and life, and second to O.... I just wanna feel first for once." 

Oakly striaghtened up and swallowed, "Also, I want to request a leave of absence for myself, and Spring." He said boldly, "I feel as she has gone through alot in the past few weeks and I would like to take her away for a bit. There's a cabin in the Southern Mountains my Mother spoke of before we left, it'll suit us perfectly for a little vacation to get her mind off things. After she reconciles with you, of course." He was surprised at himself, just coming up with the idea on the way here.

The throne rooms atmosphere was tense and anxious. All 8 remaining Priests waited, the lower ranking feeling somewhat nervous of the situation. Malacath sat back in the throne, a blank stare focused on the double doors, Celestia, now dressed in a gothic style black dress with a leash hanging from her choker necklace. Sorrow and defeat written across her face. Trax stood obediently at Malacaths side like a black wolf awaiting his masters command, as always, his peircing blue eyes seemed to stare off into the void. But his senses were completely aware of everything around him. Treachery and Fraud sat on the steps leading up to the thrones, both readying themselves for a fight. Without warning, the ceiling was broken through as a dark shape landed in the center of the Throne Room. The shape stood up slowly and shook back the hood of his dark purple cloak, revealing a pair of dark purple slit eyes and a grining fanged smile upon a young and handsome looking face. "Greetings Your Highness, I am Pestilence, the First Of the Four Horsemen. But you can just call by my former name, Shadowed Heart. A Pleasure." The room was silent for awhile, and Shadow noticed this with a chuckle, "I suppose I did come a little unannounced and unceremoniously." Anger was the first to react as he stepped forward, "The Four Horsemen? What are you? A child? Obviously, you might as well be with old you were when you were bitten. Listen here you Pest, you worthless Fly, you stand before the Great Malacath, High King of Vampires and now of Equestria. As well as my Fellow Priests and our Glorious Lead-" He Froze as Shadow merely took a single stepped and flashed before Anger with his right palm outstretched at him, Shadows face stone cold as he looked Anger in the eye. "I'm only going to say this one time, and one time only, ... Don't Insult Forces you do not Understand." The words was melted into everyones minds as Anger merely dissolved away into a cloud of flies, Shadow snapped his fingers sending the cloud burning away into nothing. The room was frozen in fear, a feeling to which some of them had not felt or never have, the feeling of being utterly powerless. Trax was wide eyed in awe, but also strangly relieved, like he was meeting an old friend again. Even with what he had seen, he felt no fear from the man who just defeated a Vampire Priest without some much as a hesitating blink. Malacath looked on with narrowed eyes, "Why have you come here?" He asked quizzically, pondering why such a powerful individual showed up now of all times, possibly ruining his plans. Shadows demeanor changed quickly as he simply pointed at Trax and smiled innocently, "My little Brother, Death, The Last Horsemen. Also I gotta find my Little Sister too, but she doesn't seem to be here so I'll just take my little bro and be on my way eh?" After a lengthy pause of silence, Shadow smacked his head with a laugh, "Silly me, I completely forgot." He zipped up to lean on Trax, "You don't know it yet, but you're actually part of this really big, Spectacular if I might add, Picture." Still not getting a reaction out of the blank faces starring at him, he sighed and linked himself with Trax through the Sibling-Link. After a brief convo, Shadow let out a big "Ooooooooohhhhhhh, yeah, should have thought this one through a little better. Lessoned Learned." He snapped his hands and poofed away with Trax in a cloud of flies. Treachery went wide with rage and zoomed off, crashing into a now vacant room where they were holding Traxs family hostage. He zoomed around the castle before returning to the throne room in a fit of rage. Malacath clenched his fist and slammed it down, the fabled unbreakable throne merely ignored his strength as it passed through to the ground, shattering the floor in a near perfect circle as the floor cratered in. His voice boomed with anger, "What the F-"

"-ck!" Stryker cursed as he burnt himself roasting a skewered boar over a large fire, one of the female attendants behind him slapped him over the head before continuing to work again. Stryker huffed as he sucked on his thumb, "My Apologies." He mumbled with mild annoyance.

Killjoy put her arm around Spring "Second? Me and Luna always make sure you come first, you're our daughter. What Second is there to be? You may not fight with us, but its you that gives me and Luna the strength to keep going. You're more important to everyone here than you realize. Besides, you are the healer after all, you let us do the dirty work and you keep us all alive. There is no Second..."

Luna glared at Oakly "let me get this straight...you want to take my daughter out to a cabin in the middle of no where...alone...?" she asked narrowing her eyes but eventually sighing "It's not a bad idea I suppose..." she said thinking for a moment "you have my permission...BUT If you two think about doing anything....just remember who the other mother is...something to think about." she said calmly as she looked back at her papers.

"I am Second, it was Hazel you adopted, Hazel who met everyone here..." Spring began when she smiled with joy, "I guess I did get to meet him First..."

Oakly dipped his head, letting out a breath of relief, now that he thought about it, the idea did seem a little... inappropriate. But to him, it was a serious matter, to take Springs mind off everything and get her away for awhile. The last thing he wanted, was to get on Luna's bad side, not to mention Killjoy's. "Thank you, we will leave in a few hours." He said before taking his leave.

"We adopted Hazel yes, but that doesn't mean you're second, even when your second personality showed itself, me and Luna felt the exact same towards you as we did Hazel. Second in timing, but why does that matter? You are first in our hearts Spring, you and Hazel. It shouldn't matter who met who first. You are first in our hearts, when it comes down to what matters most in the world for me and Luna, you are the at the very top of the list. You shouldn't-" Killjoy suddenly stopped when she finally realized Spring mentioned something about a "him", she quickly looked down at Spring "uh...him?" Her eyes started to glow a little "there's a him?"

Before Spring could defend herself, Oakly opened the door stepping in, "Pack you're bags Spring, I'm taking you on a vacation, just the two of us." He told her vaguely. Spring raised her eyebrows in confusion, then realized how that probably sounded after her just mention to her Mother about a 'Him'. "Uhh- hold up, Mom he doesn't know okay!" She pleaded innocently, Oakly raised an eyebrow, "Wait, what dont I know-" He ducked from Spring throwing a bucket but didnt react in time as she kicked him in the face back out of the room. Spring quickly shut the door and braced herself up against it, "In his defense, I think I'm old enough to start dating anyhow, right?"

Killjoy just ignored what Spring said and approached the door "I'm only going to ask once." She said coldly as she gently pushed Spring aside and punched through the door and grabbing Oakly's collar and pulling him through the door. Her eyes now bright glowing red. "Tell me again about you taking my daughter to a cabin, just the two of you...alone...?" She asked as her left eye twitched as a sadistic grin went across her face.

Oaklys face went white, "... It's not what you think, honest, I already asked Mistress Luna for permission, it's just a little vacay to get Springs mind of things... you know?" His face went serious, "I swear I'm not trying anything, I just thought it'd be good for her to take some time off and not worry." Spring blushed a little, admiring his ability to care for others, but she wouldnt get a chance for anything if Killjoy killed him now. "Mom, I'm going to go apologize to Mother, and then I'm going to pack up and leave with Oakly. This is my choice." She said putting a hand on Killjoys shoulder.

"You may be old enough to date but you still aren't in a position to tell me you are going to go anywhere without permission Spring..." Killjoy said coldly as she narrowed her eyes at Oakley "I'll only say this once Oakly so listen well...the only reason, I'm even considering it is because you somehow by some miracle convinced Luna it's a good idea. I'll let this happen because I trust Luna, BUT if I so much as hear the tiniest of whispers about you doing ANYTHING...I'll shatter every single bone in your body and make sure you live the rest of your life inside an iron lung." She said as she let Oakly down.  She looked at Spring "I don't like the thought of you being alone period, especially now. I just don't want Malacath to find you...without me there to protect you. Letting you go out there in the mountains will be putting you in danger. I just couldn't live with myself if something were to happen to you. It's just a high risk."

Oakly swallowed nervously but stood firm, "I have already thought it out, and honestly, going on a hunch. I believe Malacath can only really sniff out Hazel, but since 'you're' Vampire blood is diminished, he can't find you as easily. Also, from what I could get out of the Vampire I hunted today, Malacaths been busy and has his mind elsewhere. We leave within an hour, Malacath will lose your scent, and your free. But we need to leave as soon as possible, I have two horses ready to go and packsd with our gear, all's left is your clothing." He explained confidently, this he had sorted out after speaking with Luna. Now that he considered it, He was actually surprised with himself.

Stryker walked out of the kitchen carrying his prized roasted boar, he was about to set it on the table to dig in when a cloudburst of flies appeared across the table with a five people walking out before it vanished away. He blinked awkwardly as he recognized Tavi, Viola, Kasey, Trax, and then there was the obvious young looking Vampire wearing leather armor and a purple cloak. "Uuuuhhhh alright, you could've used the door, but what do I know." 

"Your hunch doesn't exactly ease my mind Oakly...I honestly don't care what's been going on. Right now my only and biggest concern is Spring's safety. You may have planned this all out, but there are so many variables..." Killjoy huffed as she rubbed the sides of her head "Oakly give me a map to where that Cabin is. I want know exactly where it is. I want to know everything about it." She said handing Oakly a small device with buttons that have letters on them "it's Shade's latest invention, you type what you wish and it sends a signal over here and I can read it. When you get there, I want a layout of the cabin in full detail. If you get in trouble use it to contact me." She said looking at Spring "and you tell me what's going on every day." She waved them off "now go before I change my mind."

Oakly gripped the device tightly but was careful not to harm it, "My Apologizes, but I can't do that. The Cabin is something my  Mothers family has kept secret for Generations, even when I bring Spring, she will be blind fold for the last 10 miles. The mountains provide us with its own safety, and only those of my Mothers blood may learns its whereabouts. I'm sorry Killjoy, I understand you're feelings for Springs safety, but this is something you need to trust me on. I will contact you should we need help, but until then, no one must know our location. The less the better." He told her firmly, his piercing blue eyes grew bold with strength, defending his Mothers Secret gave him a sense of pride in his family. Spring was about to interject but a servant walked up cautiously, "M'Lady Killjoy, there is a visitor here for you... actually there are two... Stryker also said to say its a Cold Morning, In HeII." The phrase was a code, for Vampire in the Keep, but the second part was to mention the Vampire was also powerful. Oakly and Spring exchanged glances and looked back at Killjoy, if they were to get out quick, they could still miss being seen or heard.

Killjoy glared at Oakly "go, I'll be sure you're in pain when you come back..." she said sternly before leaving the room "visitors, two of them and a vampire...d@mmit...d@mnit, how the hell did another vampire learn of the manor's location!" She said to herself as she punched a crater into the wall "a boy is taking my daughter to god knows where, and now this..." her teeth grinding in frustration. 

Suddenly the doors of the room creaked before the hinges exploded as the door shot backwards in Killjoy's hand. She stared at the group as a cold glare met the vampire. "You have ten seconds..."

Oakly sighed with relief before he and Spring rushed off, not looking forward to coming back just to be punished. 

"Hi Red Lady!" Viola called out with a bright smile, Tavi stood behind her with a worried expression, and Kasey stood firm keeping a military bearing with his hand rest upon the red and grey hilt of a saber on his hip. Trax stood with his arms folded in deep thought, as if trying to solve a hard and puzzling riddle, his large executioners axe was strapped to his back and his white katana rested upon his  hip. The Vampire next to him smiled as he saw Killjoy, "Greetings Sister, got to admit, you were a hard one to find. My name is Pestilence, but please, call me Shadow." 

Killjoy dropped the door behind her as it made a loud thud. She just glared at the Vampire, Pestilence. He called her Sister for some reason. "Obviously not hard enough, what are you doing here?" She asked sternly taking a step forward.

"Why to help you and our little brother here," Shadow began as he patted Traxs shoulder, "Learn about who you really are. For instance, Trax is actually named Death, and you are named War. I am Pestilence, and our brother Famine is off somewhere waiting for us. But first, I must teach you to unlock your abilities, and I can see you are farther along than Trax is, not surprising from you though." He said gleefully. Trax just shrugged, "At this point, I'm hust happy my Family was removed from the Castle, Malacaths completely taken over Equestria." At these words, Stryker lit up in shock before rushing to inform Luna. Tavi stepped forward as Viola went up to Killjoy wanting to be picked up, her bright violet eyes sparkled with glee, "Its true, Celestias been taken prisoner, and Malacath plans to marry her." She said trying not to show fear for her dear friend.

Out of reflex Killjoy picked up Viola and held her up. Killjoy paused with faint groan. The mother thing WAS getting to her. She shook her head and looked at Octavia "we know, Luna has planned for something like this a long time ago, not exactly a Vampire lord but a surprise take over. That's why despite Celestia's objection, Luna started reforming the Black Legion three years ago in secret. Their training should be complete the next few months. By that time we will have a fighting force strong enough to storm Canterlot and take back the City." She explained to Octavia "in short, we are already working on it." She looked at Shadow "Death, War, Famine, and Pestilence...how old are you? We are under threat of total annihilation and you come to us with this game about the Four Horsemen!?" Her eyes started to glow but quickly dimmed as she huffed, out of all the things she's already seen, it wasn't too far fetched. "You might as well save your breathe, my days of battle are over. I'm no longer the warmonger I used to be. My only purpose now is protecting my family. My name is K-" she paused "My name is Red Veil, or Killjoy. I want nothing to do with War. I don't have any brothers. That's not my life anymore."

Viola smiled and laid her head on Killjoys shoulder, Tavi sighed with relief, thankful that she could always count on Lunas rebellious behavior, even when she was young they got into plenty trouble because of it. Shadow opened his mouth then thought for a moment, "Sadly Dear Sister, that isn't how it works. You, Me, Trax, our Brother Famine, we are all reincarnations of past men and women who cared the burden of being a Horsemen. Its not something you can just shrug away, and I really don't want to have Famine come here, not since..." He paused as his eyes flashed with cold memories, "The Last War, he... denied it and wouldn't listen to me, so I called upon Famine and he... Well lets just say you wouldnt be War if he had accepted it. Our last Death, Traxs past self, fell to the darkness of his Craft and had to be Put Down. We've been waiting 50 years for you two to be born again, I'm 72 years old, and Famine just turned 105 a few days ago, once you awaken your inner Horsemen, your lifespan will also increase. Depending on how well you supply your Power, Death is death, War is war, and so on. I've only been awakened for 60 years, got turned when I was pretty young so I only aged to about 18 in my physical appearance. Please, I'd rather not have to kill you." His words held some sorrow and regret, but also had no humor to them. Trax made eye contact with Killjoy, shaking his head slowly, mouthing the phrase, 'He can, and He will.'

Killjoy just stood there unmoved by Pestilence. She handed Viola over to Octavia "I stand firm on my statement, that isn't my life...it won't be my life again. If you are as old as you claim to be, then you know of the things I've done, you let her out and you WILL regret it, and I'm not going to allow that to happen. I'd rather die than go back." She stepped forward now only a few feet away from pestilence. "If you can't accept that, we can take this outside..." she said coldly. "I don't want to kill you in front a child..."

Shadow didnt bat an eye, flinch at her words, or was in any way moved by them. His dark purple slit eyes merely starred at Killjoy blankly, "No, I am afraid that is my line." He held up his hand with his palm facing Killjoy, "If you will not accept, then I have no reason to keep you alive, and we will just wait for the next War to be born." He said as his bloodlust grew to a supernatural extent, more power than the presence of Malacath or the Vampire Priests, his eyes dulled as the sense to kill consumed him. A force seemed to cut off Killjoy from body, making her unable to move. Tavi placed her hand over Violas eyes, then suddenly Trax stepped forward, "Wait! Give her some time to think first? Please Brother, afterall it is quite a bit to take in. Also, she hasn't seen what I have, what you can do." He pleaded to Shadow, it wasn't like him to beg, but he couldnt think of anything else besides letting Killjoy be annihilated on the spot. Shadow sighed and put his palm down, the bloodlust and kill sense vanishing, "Very well, I can reason with giving Sister a few weeks to sort it out before making a decision. Famine isn't expecting us for another year so we'll be good, besides, I need to start on your training little brother." He added patting Traxs shoulder playfully before sitting down at the table and sipping from a random glass of wine. "So, an organization committed to slaying Vampires huh? Thats cool, unoriginal, but cool." He said nonchalantly.

Spring burst into Lunas office, running straight to her and embracing her in a tight hug, "Im so sorry for what I said, and I am forever grateful to you for taking me in, I love you Mother."

Suddenly Shadow's face was Slammed through the table sending wood pieces everywhere as his body flattened onto the stone leaving large cracks around him. Pain shot through his spine as Killjoy's knee slammed down onto it pinning him to the floor. Killjoy grabbed the back of Shadow's head as the screams of the dead shot into his mind. She lifted his head up where their faces were just inched away showing the outer area of her right eye was completely black as strange markings grew up to her neck emmiting a black smoke like haze. "did you think it was THAT easy, just wave your hand and I'm dead, just like that? You're a bigger fool than I first thought if you think you're going to take me away from my family that easily. You listen well, I'm not going back to a life of war, you can threaten all you f##king want, I'll fight all three of you if I have to, and I'll kill all of you if you so much as try to interfere with my family. Now I'll give you one last warning. Get out of this house, take your "brother" with you, or I'll remove you from it." she said letting go of Shadow and standing up. She glanced at everyone watching and quickly calmed down "Forgive me." she looked at Viola "I hope I didn't startle you." she said in a bow of apology mostly towards Octavia for letting her child see such a display "if you are all staying here, may I show you to your rooms?" she asked to get an excuse to leave the room before even more conflict arises.

Luna hugged Spring, not sure what gave her such a fast change of attitude, maybe her giving permission for her and Oakly to go on a small trip? She just looked and smiled "we all have moments where we are confused of ourselves. Now go, I'm sure he's waiting."

Archived