The Night Hunters (private)

Killjoy

((OK I think we are getting ahead of ourselves a little bit here. Killing one person with the flick of your is pushing it and that's fine, but an entire city...ehhhh kinda crossing the line and over to godlike. I'm trying to keep the powers within reason and we kinda passed it already but it's fine. In short, no city destroying with hand waving.))

• Replies 597
  • Created
  • Last Reply

((Fair enough, I was gonna start dialing it down quite a bit anyway. Ya took me by surprise when Killjoy went off violently on Shadow, not what I was expecting so I went off road a bit. I'll change it. And repost.))

Shadow yawned and lifted his head up, his body was unscathed, "Welp, at least War's anger issue is still alive and well, yaaaaaay." He said unamused before he stood up and brush himself off, "Alright, since we have some time on our hands, I'll give ya some time to reconsider. Meanwhile, I'll train little bro here, since he seems a little more intuitive. Oh and one more thing," He snapped his fingers disappearing with Trax and Killjoy. Stryker glanced around awkwardly, "Sooooo let me show you to your rooms." Kasey grimmaced with mild annoyance.

Shadow, Killjoy, and Trax reappeared in an abandoned fort where a few Vampires were camping out. Shadow stopped them with his insects before they could escape, he then held out his palm to them and caused them to burst into flies, "Flip out on me again, and I will show you first hand what I can do." He then snapped his fingers again, and they disappeared again. Reappearing in Luna's office, the flies flew around a little bit before Shadow caused them to burn away into nothing, "Apologies, they sometimes like to linger afterwards. Also I should mention, since you're so inclined to live with your family, you can always ask to just be 'on call'. Instead of being with us, if we need you, we just call upon you. Simple as that." Shadow rubbed his chin, "Maybe should have started with that?" He said quizzicallly. Trax looked at him with annoyance, 'You don't say?'

Luna just moved her eyes to look up with a blank, not effected by what just happened "what...?" She questioned as she glanced at Killjoy "is this what caused all the noise down stairs?" She asked. Killjoy huffed "unfortunately..." she glared at Shadow "also you keep threatening me, you're going to regret it." she growled. Luna just sat there with her head rested on her hand with the same unimpressed look. "so...I heard something about uh...Horsmen. which since the three of you suddenly popped into my office, I'm guessing the three of you Horsemen...?" She asked. Killjoy shook her head "the two of them are, and one of them refuses to take no for an answer and is threatening to kill me..." she said crossing her arms. Luna snickered "does everyone want to kill you?" She asked "he wouldn't be able to anyway..." she glanced at Shadow "you might want to look elsewhere. When a women says no, she means no, and Red is someone who doesn't change her mind." She said looking back at her papers. Killjoy looked at Luna with concern, she was never this mellow. Especially now with all the exitement. Killjoy glared at Shadow "Don't make me say no a fourth time."

Shadow huffed but was feeling a little annoyed, he closed his eyes then flashed behind Killjoy placing his hand on her shoulder, in seconds he stepped back. "Ah.... I see. I guess if I had experiences like those similar with insects, I too would find it hard to accept that part of me. Oh dear Sister, you've seen and gone through a lot in your time, if only we'd found you sooner." He said softly, expecting a retaliation from her, after all he did just link himself with her to see all her memories. The doors suddenly flew open as Kasey stormed in, "Forgive me Princess, but I believe I deserve some answers, cause I am really tired of being overlooked and un-informed." He declared bodly.

A sharp pain went though Shadow's cheek as a tooth hit the wall and a little blood. Killjoy rubbed her fist "get out..." she said now quietly as she looked at Luna apologetically for lashing out in her office. Luna quickly got up and took Killjoy by the arm along with Kasey before heading out of the room. "then lets talk in private. Kasey, we are The Order, we are the ones that keep everything that goes bump in the night...well...legend instead of reality. In short we hunt down monster. Be it Vampires, Werewolves, Trolls etc. As of late the Vampires are getting out of control and gaining power, obviously since there is now one ruling over the country. So it is up to us to take back our capitol and restore order to our lands. Though keeping Vampires a secret is now impossible, so now The Order will no longer be secret." Luna caught herself getting lost in thought. "Long story short, we kill big evil things. and now have access to an army of the best trained soldiers in the world, The Black Legion, I've heard you've been obsessed in joining The Black Legion. The numerous requests had made it obvious." she explained as she opened a large door into a courtyard as they sat down. "but of course if you have questions ask them now." she said looking at Killjoy who still had a depressed look on her face.

Trax looked back at Shadow, who was merely fixing his jaw and already growing a new tooth. "She needed that one, tooth was an old one anyway, and it gave me a chance to spit out some blood too. To be honest, with all the regeneration and abilities we have as Horsemen, it does get pretty boring to be without a challenge. You see, once you are fully awakened, you're only threats are not feeding yourself. Heck, you could be immortal as long as you kill using your ability. Also, because we are all linked by spirit, we cannot kill one another." He explained as before yawning. Trax raised an eye brow, "I thought you said you had to kill the last War?" He asked curiously. Shadow waved it off, "He wasn't even close to awakening himself, therefore the rules didnt apply. Both of you could be killed with a wave of my hand if I so desired, because neither of you have been awakened yet. To do so, you must fully accept who you are, your purpose and duty, as well as Understanding. Once you've done this, you only have one enemy, and thats yourself." Trax nodded then narrowed his eyes, "What did you do to Killjoy? Besides touching her, she still would have hit you but not act so weird afterwards." Shadow sighed and sat back as a swarm of flies formed a chair for him, "I used our sibling link to see her memories, and quite honestly I don't blame her for behaving this way. She's been consumed by the very thing she is supposed to set upon others, bloodlust and rage, anger and hatred. She's seen first hand what that can do to a person, and now she's being told that she has to do the exact same to others? Just to be powerful and immortal? She really has been through a lot, but she's had someone there for her, keeping her from certain darkness. That's just a run down though, there's more to it, but I think she should decide to wether or not to tell you herself. For now we train, your abilities require a ton of mental focus, we should start right away."

Kasey exhaled deeply, "So this is what Oakly joined, in a way he wasn't completely lying to us. And as for the Black Legion, we're going to need them now more than ever." He looked at Killjoy, "I assume you'll be leading them?"

Killjoy didn't say a word. Luna cleared her throat. "It's still undecided, the...Black Legion is...tough for her. When she did...you know, years ago. She did them with The Black Legion under her command. A lot of our members are returning soldiers and...well...we don't exactly know how well they will react when they find out that the one who cost them their position and almost future along with some trauma is the one leading them once again. So it's a bit hard to say who will leading them. Red is the only here that knows anything about leading an army, and is the best fighter in The Order..." she grabbed onto Killjoy's hand "and I won't force her to fight a war again."

Kasey understood the situation, he may be young and only holds a candle to Killjoy, but he knew what battle and war can do to a person. "I'll be blunt, they've threatened my family, and taken our home. I want into The Black Legion, I'm Black Ops with over 30 successful missions in the West and South, but thats just paperwork. Give me a mission, let me prove my skill." He knew he was taking a risk, having never killed a Vampire before, but he trusted his instincts and skills.

Luna was about to speak but suddenly Killjoy spoke up "It's not that you're not qualified to be recruited into The Black Legion, but that's it, recruited. Even though you are Black Ops and well accomplished. The Black Legion is a completely new level, the Nobles may have filled your head with being instant Black Legion material, but that's because they know nothing about it. We can let you into the ranks, but you will be sent off for two years of training far more brutal and deemed unethical by all nations. Your body...Your mind...your spirit must be broken where all senses are non existent. The Black Legion isn't something you come out of. "They shall be the finest warriors, these men who give of themselves to their Kingdom. Like clay they shall be molded, and in the furnace of war forge them. They will be of iron will and steel flesh. In great armor shall they be clad and with the mightiest weapons will they be armed. They will be untouched by plague or disease, no sickness will blight them. They will have tactics, strategies so that no foe can best them in battle. They are the Sword against the Terror. They are the Defenders of Canterlot. They are the Black Legion and they shall know no fear." she quoted looked at Kasey "If you wish to help, then I suggest strategies, I've heard about you accomplishments in commanding your units. You think you can take those skills into coming up with a invasion plan for 1,000 soldiers?" she asked. Luna quickly stood up "does that mean you'll take command of The Black Legion?" she asked. Killjoy sighed and slowly nodded "to refuse is to deny protections to the ones I love. I'll take command and march straight to the Castle doors. Then Malacath..." she remembered Hazel's frenzy and the aftermath along with the news of Celestia being put into a slave's position "I will break him..."

Luna couldn't help but smile at the sudden motivation. "then it's settled." she looked at Kasey "I'm sorry about not being a soldier in The Black Legion just yet, so I hereby dub you initiate of the Legion. You are officially recruited, and after we win this war, you will be sent for officer training and if you succeed in all trials, you will come out commanding a regiment of 200 soldiers. It will be up to you if you want to ascend the ranks after that. So...you up for the challenge?"

Kasey went to a knee bowing his head, "Yes Your Grace, it would be an honor to serve." From afar, Tavi watched with concern, proud her sons were defending their freedoms, but worried for their safety. She gripped thin air and realized Vi wasn't with her, she glances around before noticing her daughter had snuck away and jumped on top of Kasey's back. Kasey chuckled a bit, his sister always knew how to sneak up on anyone, her ability to erase her presence from existence was astounding. He'd heard of such prowess, having not found his, he wondered if Oakly had an ability as well. 

Luna looked at Viola "having her ability unlocked at such a young age, very impressive, and the ability of stealth. Hmm she could be a good agent for us in the future..." she mumbled to herself deep in thought. She looked at Killjoy "are you absolutely sure about doing this?" She asked with great concern. Killjoy nodded "yes I'm sure. I'm the only one who has the experience." She answered. Luna gave a nod "ok, Malachy won't know what hit him." She said excitedly, happy her long plan is coming together perfectly. Though one thing did bother her, when Killjoy decided to lead The Black Legion, she saw a faint fire in her eyes, a fire she only saw when Killjoy was still overtaken by the darkness. Though to her, it might be a blessing. Malacath struck a nerve in Killjoy and he will definitely be regretting pissing her off." A smug smirk grew on her face at the thought. She looked at Kasey "so invasion plan, can you do it?"

Kasey picked up his little sister on his back, "I'll some knowledge on Vampire strengths and weaknesses, as well as a map of Canterlot and it's surroundings. There's a battle drill Black Ops have just for this kind of situation, I can use it to build on top of. Assuming you have certain people you want to get inside the Castle to take out High Value Targets."

Luna just smiled "just four, Red, Oakly,Solar, and Stryker. They will be the ones storming inside the castle. It's definitely useful to have someone who's mastered stealth. Now if only I can get Red to practice being discrete..." she said looking at Killjoy. Killjoy just crossed her arms "it's not that I can't. I just rather take problems head on." She replied. Luna sighed "you can still do that...just quietly." She mumbled. She glanced back at Kasey "well, get that plan ready, we only have a few months, not much time to prepare for a full scale offensive."

"I can have it ready to present in a few weeks, and of we have any new players, I'll need to know immediately so I can implement them correctly." Kasey said as Tavi walked up to them, her eyes seemed a little dim but she walked calmly, "I hope you aren't planning anything with your sister involved? She may be a lively and intelligent one, but she's still young. Speaking of lively, where's Oakly?"

Killjoy growled and just turned with a huff at the mention of Oakly. Luna nervously smiled "he's...on a long date. I think they already left, I think he said he's going...um...Red do you remember?" She whispered. Killjoy huffed and glared at Luna "wouldn't have left to anywhere if you hadn't given him permission..." she said in an aggravated tone. Luna pouted "that's no fair, you can't put this all on me..." she said defeated. Killjoy stayed firm "I can and I will, you let our daughter go with Oakly to a cabin in the middle of nowhere, did you even ask how long?" She asked. Luna slumped over "no..." even more defeated. "And you said yes without knowing all the details." Killjoy added. Luna put her hands up "I'm sorry! Don't be disappointed!" She said clinging onto Killjoy like a child in trouble would. Killjoy just stood with her arms crossed, glancing at Octavia. "He mentioned you have a secrete cabin in the mountains. He said that is where they are heading. Brat wouldn't give me a map to it or anything even though he has MY daughter!" She exclaimed as Luna slung even lower still clinging on. 

Tavi perked up in surprise, "He's doing what? With who? Where?" Kasey let Viola slide down to the ground so she could go explore, "Only took him a few years but I guess he does know how to be smooth-" He choked as Tavi pinched him by the ear and drug him down, "That is how Family Cabin and I will not have it be used as some kinda Love Shack!" She piped loudly in his face. Stryker watched with a sigh, "I think you're all taking this a bit too far, Springs a good girl and can hold her own, and Oakly is a respectable young man. Plus they are both Adults and can act accordingly." He paused as he caught gleaming glares from Killjoy and Tavi, "Or....maybe... not...." He added nervously. Tavi let out a huff and dropped Kasey's ear letting him fall to the ground, "It's alright, it's okay, we can ask the Vampire with Trax to just go track them down and bring them back. Simple." As she spoke, Shadow and Trax came walking up, "I know the situation, and I have to agree with Oaklys decision. He wants to help a young lass and give her a vacay from this and you should trust him completely, he's given none of you reason to have distrust. Anything he does, is for the wellbeing of others." Shadow pointed out, Tavi whirled around with an angry Mom face, Shadow shrieked and jumped up holding onto Trax as he caught him, "No one asked you Lord of The Flies!" She yelled furiously. Shadow whimpered as he shed tears, "Why are you yelling?" He asked softly. Trax frowned with annoyance, "Why are you scared?" He asked sternly, "Dude, she's using her Mom voice, thats scary." Shadow whispered to him. Trax sighed and dropped Shadow, Tavi glared at him next, "What are you sighing about huh? I don't remember you wining Father of the Year." Stryker and Kasey gasped in shock, Trax went white with depression and slunk away. Tavi grabbed Shadow by the collar and started rambling to him in an angry Mom tone. Vi tugged on Lunas dress, looking up with bright violet eyes, "Don't worry, Oaklys a good Brother, he'll protect your Daughter." She said innocently. 

Oakly rode his horse down a beaten path with Spring just behind him, another days travel and they'll have reached the bottom of the mountains. Not a Danger lurked around them, Oakly had been right in his guess.

"Start making preparations for War, I want this place sealed shut. Greed, take Lust and Gluttony, weaken our enemies." Malacath ordered as he had all the Priests in his War-room, in just a few days, they already had a legion of Vampires inside Canterlot and ready for battle, and if his gamble was correct, Shadow wouldnt be a threat if he was just there to train Trax. However, if Trax had that kind of power,.... if any had that kind of power, his plans would be lost.

Luna nervously laughed and patted Viola's head "oh you innocent, innocent child, unknowing of the things between boys and girls." She said with a nervous smile. Killjoy growled "well if Oakley is anything like his father..." she said coldly. Luna gasped "don't say thaaaat, now I'm even more worried!" She cried. Killjoy sighed "Octavia, I can fetch back the children, I don't think the bug man will receive a...calm reception. They might hate me for doing it for a while, but they won't attempt to kill me, at least in theory." She said thinking. Surely Oakley would know of the severity if she mentioned his mother. Her children clearly know not to make her mad. Spring however...might be different. "I mean do you really trust someone you just met with YOUR child? Not to mention that someone just attempted murder because he was told no." She asked Octavia.

"In my defense-" Shadow started but wimpered away as Tavi shot him a glare, "No, I was only thinking of his speed in this sense." She sighed to calm herself down, "Despite our thoughts on the matter, we should be positive of the situation. Despite his Fathers faults, Oakly will have at least picked up his Fathers courtesies and respect, that I can vouch for." She said reluctantly with a glance at Trax, who still moped a few feet away from being shamed. Kasey stepped in, "I think we're getting a little off track here, they'll be safe at the Cabin, we on the other hand need to be on guard. Theres still 7 Vampire Priests we need to look out for, sadly Shadow won't lend us his help." He reminded them studiously. Shadow composed himself in the blink of an eye, "Tis not my battle, and have no need to concern myself with it. Trax and Killjoy may be my siblings, but the matter does not involve me directly. Plus this is just a normality, my duties to the world have nothing to do with this. Really, this is Killjoys Job.... er would be Her job, and Trax would only be here to ensure Death is followed. Soooooo, technically it's both your responsibilities, ...er would be." He explained awkwardly.

"Of course you can't help, the rotting disease is your job, you pick up whatever scraps the others leave for you. Like what good are you anyway. Oooo you spread bugs around. What a joke..." Killjoy said with a huff "then since this isn't your job, shouldn't you be elsewhere? You have a broken man right besides you who needs your so called guidance to awakening. The adults have work to do." She said walking off. Luna followed "savage..." she whispered motioning Kasey to follow "come on Initiate, let's get started."

"Is she always like this? You know, Moody?" Shadow whispered to Stryker, who in turn gave him an odd look. Trax ignored the remark and started walking with Viola following him giggling, Tavi sighed and followed after them. Realizing they were alone now, Stryker sighed with annoyance, "Have you ever listened to yourself talk?" He asked grumpily. Shadow scratched his chin in thought, "Can't say I have, Famine is the strong silent type, and everyone I'm usually around is dying from a disease or insects. This is the most time I've spent with living people for the last 60 years." He replied simply, Stryker just stared at him in surprise, "That explains..... so much."

"I'll also need a list of weaponry and any supports you have or can get, the more details I have, the better my plan will be." Kasey said as his military mind began to work, finally getting to use it for more than just security guard escorts.

"All information will be set out for you in the strategy hall." Killjoy said pushing open two large doors revealing a large table with a sculpted out map of Canterlot and the areas around it. There were black blocks scattered around an area in the forests. "These blocks here are the 1,000 soldiers you have to work with, along with six seige trebuchets, 10 ballistas. And of course a heavily shielded battering ram. Each soldier will be clad in an ebony steel armor, they will be armed with silver dipped steel broadswords, along with steel tower shields. They will also have Silver tipped spears for long engagements and the conventional crossbows with silver tipped bolts." She said looking over the table. Luna groaned "cost me a fortune to obtain so much silver..." she complained. Killjoy sighed "anyway, that's about all you got to work with. Of course I'll be here watching you work." She said crossing her arms. Luna nodded "in short, we want you to lead the Black Legion in the future, so this is pretty much an...entrance exam. Hell of a test when the results are save the world or total extinction of humankind, but no pressure right?" She asked a nervous chuckle. Killjoy facepalmed "I'll be here to guide him Luna. You could have left the last part out..." she leaned onto the table. "Well Kasey...let me see your first move."

Luna approached the Table "you couldn't find a better mentor in these kind of things. Red here led 500 Black Legion soldiers against 2,000 crystal knights and walked out with only losing 25 soldiers." She said proudly. Killjoy remembered it like it was yesterday. "500 soldiers with lots of fire..." she added. Luna smiled "still, after that battle the Crystal Empire wanted to talk about a treaty." She pointed out. Killjoy clinched her fists "only because I proceeded to burn the neighboring city to the grown along with it's inhabitants..." she said now regretting letting this conversation go on. Luna quickly quieted down. "I'm sorry I-" she began to say. "It's fine...it was years ago." Killjoy said looking back at Kasey "so, first move."

Kasey was a little taken back by such high hopes, He admitted to being part of the Black Legion, but never once thought of actually Leading it. He cleared is head and considered what he had picked up from the Vampires captivity, and what he had at his use, the pieces beginning to fit together. "We can assume they'll know we're coming, but for our first move, we scout out their positions and defenses. Gather intel. With my current knowledge of the Wall, the initial approach should be a shield wall, front, sides, and top. With Artillery support coving the approach." He then took the enemy blocks setting up a defensive line, "If they send out forces to halt us, crossbows will thin the ranks, spears will then be used to brace the initial attack. Artillery support will be used to thin the enemy ranks until contact is made, then they will focus back on the wall itself." He pulled back to examine from a distance, "I also have a few ideas to help us gain the upper hand, if we can get the supplies for them, ever hear of Greek Fire?" He was expecting She of all people would.

Tavi caught up to Trax and Vi, "Apologies for-" She was stopped as Trax turned and placed finger on her lips, he picked Viola up in his arms, "I don't care what Killjoy thinks of me, or anyone for that matter. As long as I have the love of my Children, that is all that matters to me. As for you," He placed a hand on Tavi's head and pulled her close to kiss her forehead, "I will always love you regardless." He told her softly before walking away, Tavi stood blushing as she watched him leave.

"There are also catapults in the castle armory, they were there last time I was there. So let's assume they still have them. We won't last long with the phalanx formation against such weaponry." Killjoy said looking at the map closely "I would suggest we use the trebuchet to soften up the walls and take out the defense catapults. Luckily for us the trebuchet has a range advantage. We take care of those and we can separate the army into two units." She pushed half of the blocks to the front of the castle. "We can make some dummies to make it look like a thousand. While the enemy think they are dealing with our entire force. The second unit." She pushed the other half to the right if the castle. "Can storm the sewer entrance and advance from there. Though we can't use the greek fire inside the city, too much risk involved. We want collateral damage and civilian casualties to a minimum. We can't use it with no way of putting it out to advance. In open combat, it's valuable, but in a city setting, can't do it." She shook her head.

"We can lure whatever ground forces they have out into the open, outside of the walls, and surprise them with the greek fire. The main target for the trebuchet's will be the enemy catapults, but they will need a way to pinpoint their locations." Kasey paused as he remembered the behaviors of the Vampire Priests, none of them really displayed Military Knowledge. Treachery and Frauds silence disturbed him, Violence just wanted to hurt someone, Heresy was full of himself, Lust and Gluttony were always doing lewd and odd acts. Then there was Greed, the man always seemed like he had a second agenda, and showed an odd kindness to the humans working as Slaves for them., unlike his comrades. "Tell me something, are all Vampires our enemies, or can they be friends?" He asked intently, his eyes flashed with sincerity, and Hazels bite mark now just a scar showed on his exposed left wrist.

"That is if they WILL come out to the open. Even the most incompetent general can see that behind the walls is the best place to be. If we get this Greek Fire, you will have to get the stuff to make it alone. Sure it can be helpful, but for what we are doing, it's limited. If they don't come out to face us, we wasted time and resources that we could have used for something else." Killjoy said thinking "what about hand held shrapnel bombs?" She looked at Kasey. "Can be used clearing what's left on the wall and can deal with the enemy if they DO come out. Not as much bang as Greek Fire, but with shrapnel bombs, there will be less risk of spreading fire and can be a more precise. We can fill the bombs with silver shards." She said looking back at the sewer entrance "we could also use them taking the right entrance. Should make quick work of the vampire defending that." She then noticed what Kasey asked "all vampires are considered enemies of The Order. Why, do you think you can negotiate with one?" She asked now rubbing the bite mark on her neck.

Archived