The Night Hunters (private)

Killjoy

"All Vampires?" Kasey questioned with a raised eye brow. Not having a target on your back would make for a good bargaining chip, that is, if he could speak with Him. "The Fourth Priest, Greed, he behaves differently compared to the others. I think he would be a good place to start for getting information, it's a big risk, but the payoff would be better than anything we could hope for. Information that would give us a huge upper hand."

• Replies 597
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Killjoy looked at Kasey with a puzzled look "that sounds like if it fails, we all die along with the entire human population." She said looking at Luna who thought for a moment "high risk, high reward..." she sighed "It's your call Red." She said with a shrug. Killjoy nodded and sighed deeply "I don't know...the priests are pretty much Malacath's closest lackies...look...If you make contact with Greed, do NOT under any circumstances, tell him anything about us! It has to be a one sided deal. Do you understand?" She said sternly and seriously.

"Yes Ma'm." Kasey glanced back at the board, "Also, I should tell you something, the sewer route is a bust. It was filled in and made smaller, several others were also made around the walls. Just big enough my sister could get through, but also can easily used against us, nothing short of hot oil." He stepped back to look at the field again, "...It could... maybe... it'll be dangerous, would the soldiers even be up for it?" He asked himself curiously.

Killjoy thought "then we are stuck to a full frontal assault" she said with a huff as she rubbed her forehead in frustration. "It will be costly, but we can load the trebuchet with explosives to bring down the wall more quickly to greatly reduce our casualties." She added. Luna groaned "I'm going to go bankrupt..." she mumbled. Killjoy smirked "then we better make sure win." She said as Luna looked annoyed "easy for you to say...you aren't managing the funds..." she groaned. Killjoy looked at the field also "either way, the wall has to go. We destroy that wall, we can get the soldiers through. So with the wall gone, we can replace the thought of silver shrapnel bombs, with silver dust bombs. Fill the hand held bombs with silver dust and use them inside the city. Harmless to humans but would greatly disorient the vampires and would give us a great advantage in close quarters. We can go roll right through with ease." She explained. She noticed Kasey say something to himself "The Black Legion follow orders without question, they know no fear, feel no doubt, hesitation isn't in their vocabulary. They do what they are told, no questions asked. Me however, needs to be convinced. What are you planning?"

"Right now, the Black Ops division is staged overseas, testing a new way of entry. Its a single large bolt loaded with Black Powder, at the tip is a mechanism we can set to when it goes off. We can set it to exploded on Impact, or a few seconds after Impact. Two barrels worth of powder will be enough to take down a big enough section of the wall." Kasey went up to the map, "We attack on two flanks, one as a diversion, the other the main force. We use your idea with the Sewer intrance, but instead we use the Powder filled bolt to make us an opening." 

Killjoy thought for a moment "sounds good to me. That way we still achieve entry and a flanking maneuver that gives an advantage. Though I still think we should utilize the powdered silver bombs once we get inside the walls. We will use a tanking formation, an all round phalanx until we get to the Castle doors. Then the two units will will meet up and form a shield wall around the parameter giving me,Solar,Stryker,and Oakley entry to clear it out. I'm sure Malacath will keep his best inside around him. We go in, kill Malacath and boom battle is over and only thing left is clean up duty for the Legion." She said looking at Kasey "and no it might not be that simple but it's only us four that has the ability to take on such strength inside the Castle, and I'll make sure your brother, my student, comes out of this conflict alive."

Kasey nodded, "I am sure he was trained well, I could tell he had an air of confidence in him when we met. Type of confidence you get from rigorous training. Now for your entry plan," He pointed to the bottom of the cliff to which Canterlot Castle sat upon, "Theres a hidden passage here, built as an escape route. It took me a few months to complete, not too mention how bad the cave troll problem was at the bottom, but it's safe and reliable now. To my knowledge, Malacath does not know of its existence, which is a plus for us."

"Yeah if we want to go the stealth route." Killjoy said rubbing the back of head. She was thinking on just going with the Black Legion and just go through the front door. She liked keeping things simple. "I know you Black Ops roll the quiet way, but Black Legion...we are more head on." She explained as she was probably the worst example of a shadow warrior. "I'll send the other three with you to the cliff bottom, I'll stay with my Legion and secure the area around the Castle. I'll head through the front and meet up with the rest in the throne room. Though...Kasey." she looked at him "I know how much you care about Oakley, but you are not follow them into cliff entrence. As soon as you get them through the door, you are to withdraw. I will not have the future Leader of The Black Legion go into battle especially with what's going to be inside the Castle. It's not negotiable." She looked at the table and sighed "I think we're done for the day. Dismissed Initiate." She ordered

Kasey went to attention placing his closed fist over his heart before stepping back with his left foot first, he shared a nod with Stryker before heading out. Stryker glanced at Killjoy, "Kids smart, got some skill being in the Black Ops Division, and he protects Family. Honorable traits." Stryker said as he eyed the board.

Killjoy just stood leaned forward with her hands on the table as her hands trembled. Luna looked concerned "Red...you ok?" she asked softly. Killjoy's fingers started to bury into the hard wood as it splintered and cracked. Images of horrific memories of her times in war swarmed her mind. Just thinking of a battle plan made it all come back with such strength. Killjoy's eyes just stared blankly at the table, sweat beaded down her face as her breath got shaky. Her face was a mixture of what seemed to be every emotion, fear, anger, sadness, all except the obvious happiness. As time went by, her mental instability was taking its toll on her and it was becoming more and more vivid every passing moment. Luna quickly went over to her and tried to get Killjoy's hand off the table, but they might as well be welded steel locked in place. "Red, snap out of it!" she cried as she did the only thing she could think of in such a situation. Killjoy suddenly felt a hand strike across her face, might as well been a leaf striking stone, but Killjoy felt it and brought back to reality. She blinked a few times and lifted her hands noticing she had yet another breakdown. She looked at Luna, seeing the hand that hit her went purple and started to swell, Luna broke her hand. Killjoy also noticed Stryker was there and pretty much witnessed everything. Luna ignored the pain and quickly put her arms around Killjoy in hopes of comfort. Usually Killjoy could tell when a breakdown was about to happen and would always go somewhere alone in fear of possibly hurting someone, but this time, it came without warning. She hated the fact she was seen in such a state, weakness. "I...I'm sorry. I never wanted any of you....to see me...like this. I caused you pain...again." she said quietly. Luna sniffed trying to keep it all in "you're such an idiot sometimes...you know that, why do you do this to yourself? You do all these things, like fight and go to war, it's breaking you...it's torturing you and yet you still go on this path...Please...stop hurting yourself and be done with all this. I was foolish to expect you to take such responsibility without thinking of the effect it has on you. All this time, you pretended to be ok, but now I've realized after seeing you like this...how could I be so blind?" Luna felt Killjoy's hand brush against her face "I do it for you, and our daughter. I continue this path because it's what's right, you remember what I said, there is no amount of pain that will keep me from you. This pain is only a small price to pay to ensure yours, Spring's, and Hazel's happiness. I bear the pain so you don't have to, I fight so you don't have to, and if it comes down to it...I'll die, so you don't have to." she answered. Luna grit her teeth "but why...why does it HAVE to be you, you've suffered enough, let me take some of the burden!" she cried. Killjoy shook her head "you already are, you've already done so much for me, you bear your own burden, and that's me...I'm the weight on your shoulders. You may not see it it now, but I rely on you more than you can ever know." she answered wiping the tear from Luna's eyes. "and that's why it HAS to be me, and I will carry the world if I have to, because I owe you that much...and if I break now...then I fail." she looked at Luna "and I will not fail..." she smiled "and I won't fail you..."

Luna could only stay silent, she never seen Killjoy smile. fake or not, it was a smile. she just stared at Killjoy still sniffling. Killjoy looked at Stryker "get her to the infirmary. I'll catch up."

Luna just walked passed Stryker "it's just my hand, I can walk." She said as they walked out and door closed. As they walked Luna looked at her hand as pain pulsed through it. "I never broke a bone in my life...never thought it hurt this much." She let out a short faint chuckle, but her face went grim "nothing compared to her pain though..." she whispered to herself. "Do you think there is an end to someone's madness? Can insanity be cured...or does that pain, just stay with you all your life to slowly eat away at you until there's nothing left but a shell? I'm worried, I'm worried if it would Red's fate...to just slowly deteriate into nothing but a hollow mould of what once was." She said gritting her teeth "I feel so helpless."

Killjoy just waited for a moment before punching the thick stone wall as hard as she could leaving nothing a scattered rubble and a large crater. "D@mnit!" She punched again, and again, and again. D@mnit, D@mnit, D@mnit!!" She yelled with rage, as she felt the rage flow, the black smoke like essence emitted from her right arm with great intensity. Suddenly a large sense of power went through Shadow's mind. Killjoy threw one last punch at the wall, the force of the strike exploded the wall inward revealing the ground the room was built into.

"Those who have seen war and death can never go back, we can never be cured or healed. We each feel it differently, experience it differently. For some it can be lessened over time, others devote themselves to activities and daily chores, and some are lost to its dark depths. Special cases like Killjoys are a rarity, but they do occur, and for them it is a constant battle." Stryker told her as he followed behind, "But I will say this, out of all of them, Killjoy is perhaps the only one who had People like you and Spring to ease her pain, and remind her there is Happiness in this world. Just being by her side is doing more for Her than you may realize."

Shadows ears twitched as Trax felt an odd turn in his gut, "What is this feeling?" He asked questionably. Shadow scratched his head with a sigh, "Our Dear Sister is feeling some anger, Her Mental state is unstable, but she'll pull through. Now back to your training, focus yourself more, live, breath, and think Death." As Trax nodded and went back to his meditation, Shadow looked back as if able to see Killjoy through the walls, 'If you value the lives of your loved ones, you'll control yourself, or risk the darkness that is War.' He thought to himself. He considered that with no one left here for Her, She'd come with him willingly, and Famine would actually be proud of him. He shook the thought away, the bloodspill would be pointless, better she follow on her own accord.

Luna scoffed "we are all just stalling the inevitable...yes we remind her that there's light in the sea of darkness...but we are only reminding the one half of her." She said looking down "you've seen it, the short time you have been here, she's losing her mind. Though I think she knows this too. She's becoming more involved with the family, she's more loving and showing much more passion. I remember when it was almost impossible for her to say how she felt and always made me guess. Now...it's all coming out. It makes me so happy, but at the same time I'm terrified...it's like someone's last words before dying." She said with great sorrow in her tone. "And now there is someone who want her to go back to the life she left so far behind." She grit her teeth "he's trying to put her back into that madness...without giving her a choice, she says no again, he will try to kill her...and I hope that day comes...so he can realize his mistake."

"Mistake? No Princess, it is your mistake for not accepting who she is and always will be." Shadow interrupted before Stryker could speak, he stepped out from the training area scratching his head, "Yes she may have some anger issues and be a little excitable, but look at it this way," He pulled out a coin and flipped it in the air in front of Lunas face, "This coin represents Killjoy, one side is her now, the other is her past self. Now lets say this is also your favorite coin from childhood, you love this coin as a whole. One side is scratched to all heII, the other is smudged but you can still see a nice picture. However, you still love the coin, no matter what." He caught the coin as it landed and placed it into her hands carefully, suddenly Lunas broken hand reformed with minor bruising. Shadow's face went grim, "You see where I'm going with this, I've seen what this coin has gone through, and even I flinch at the horrors it has seen. Accept the coin for all its faults, and keep it anyway, because you are lucky enough to still have Your coin." Stryker could have sworn he saw a tear form in the Vampires eye but it quickly vanished as he smiled, "But what do I know, I'm a bloodsucking Vampire. My insects set your bones back in place and repair anything severed, and now they are out. Good Day Your Grace." He dipped his head and headed back into the training area where Trax sat in a deep trance. 

Luna just stood there "both sides of the co- are you serious!? Does he think I haven't accepted her for who she is!?" she exclaimed now a bit angry "who the hell does he think he is!? I saw who Red was before all this, I saw everything in those flaming crimson eyes, and I still took her in and saved what little light was left inside of her and made it shine into something beautiful, something that made her happy, by HER choice. I remember the things she's done, but I'm still here. Do you think this was all my choice? Red didn't have to follow Shade to the manor, she didn't have to accept the help I offered. Unlike that...." she strained "that FFFFFFF$%king bug man.... who tries to lecture me when he is the one that is giving Red the "join us or die." ultimatum! I love her knowing everything about her, and I'll continue to do so and I've done nothing but support her. It's him who isn't accepting that coin, he isn't accepting her shining side and ignoring her choice to stay in the light. Telling me to accept both sides of the coin...when he's trying to force the dark side to cover the entire coin. Plunge Red back into the insanity of war, the madness of her true self despite her refusing to do so. Red doesn't want to go back, she's made it VERY clear, So yes Shadow, it IS YOUR mistake. the mistake of not accepting Red's choice to stay here with her family and never see another war!"

"She does have that choice, like I said before, She can still be with you till she is needed. Besides a few months for Famine to talk with her, She can willfully stay here and play House." Shadow reminded her, he then glanced back, "And please remember, I wasn't always a Vampire or a Reincarnated Horseman, I was mortal once. A young lad dreaming of a bright future.... but Life isn't always so kind. Walk a mile in my shoes. I have seen Killjoys life, and that is why I'm leaving her be." He looked back to Trax, "Believe me, I am being merciful compared Famine, everyone here would be dead if He had come instead." Shadow perked up as Traxs hands began to blacken, the stench of Death lingering in the air. 

"and you know as much as I do Red wouldn't let that happen, you speak so highly of yourself and this Famine, but underestimate what SHE is capable of. You keep saying she will die as if it takes just a flick of your finger. You know fully well that she will refuse your offer again, whether it be months or just a few seconds, she's done with fighting in battles, done with waging war. You say she has a choice but in the end, refusing results in you trying to kill her. So honestly you might as well start hoping she plays along because you and your brothers aren't going to able to kill her. You're poking at a sleeping bear, so whats going to happen when it wakes up? For your sake, you might just want to give up...because her true self will show you no mercy, you have been warned..." Luna replied "now get out, you've spied long enough." Her hand glowed as she snapped her fingers cutting off Shadow's connections. It was a while since Luna used her ability psychosis link, the ability to sever and join all types of connection.

The connection suddenly bonded back together without warning, "There are forces in this world that are beyond anyones control Princess, you can't just sever something with the flick of your wrist." Shadow said tauntingly as he used her own words, he then sighed with annoyance, "Trax has been given his lessons, and Killjoy is already on her path without me having to do anything. I shall take my leave, and return once they are awakened, and believe me they will. You won't defeat Malacath and His Priests without their full prowess." With that he collapsed into a swarm of insects and separated away into the cracks of the walls. Trax opened his eyes as his hands went back to his normal color, "He's right, Malacath is strong, and his seven remaining Priests are no walk in the park. I will do anything to protect my Family, and I know Killjoy will do the same."

Luna huffed "this isn't hard to understand... what do you think it means to "awaken" Red, she already has the strength. Do you think it's just an increase in power? No, it's not. If Red is awoken, that means she submits to her true nature, does Lady of Death ring a bell to you, the Devil of Canterlot? Can you even imagine what a person like that can do with immortality, do you think she will just join and cooperate. If she becomes the true self that is war...none of us are safe, me, Stryker, Solar, Spring, Oakley, you, the rest of your family. No one will be safe from her wrath. She will want everything, and she will take everything. You focus so much on that it's her fate, but never pause to think if it's right. All her true self cares about is killing as many people she can, you think she will just stop when a war is over, no, she will keep going causing destruction until the end of world. That is what you need to understand, she won't stop until every single living thing on this earth is dead..." she explained "you won't be able to control her."

"Control isn't what they want," Trax stated as he stood up, "Famine, Pestilence, Death, War.... these are all events which keep the world from overpopulation. They want to unleash her, because War is the big picture while the other three thrive within it." He then smirked, "He's also lying, there is a way for Horsemen to kill another Horsemen, otherwise He wouldnt be so calm about Killjoys awakening after seeing what she is. I've seen what Killjoy can do, and I've seen Shadow erase a powerful Vampire with merely a glance, it'd be a fight to witness." He clenched his fists tightly, "I am thankful for you to shelter my family, and for that I am in you're debt. Killjoy and I may have our differences, but I swear to you I will bring her back should she fall to the darkness." He vowed with a respectful bow. Stryker scratched his head, he'd hear cold stories of the unfamous Blue Eyed Reaper, now he couldn't believe this was that same Man. Then of course he still had trouble seeing Killjoy as a Loving Mother, especially with a nickname like the Lady of Death. "Just accept it even if you don't believe in him, He's an honorably smart fool." Tavi said as rounded the corner.

Luna sighed "forget your promise...it won't ever happen....but, I have question for you Trax...let's say at the very end, Killjoy refuses for the last time. What will you do? Will you honor your place as a horseman and turn against the woman who saved your son and turned him into the shining, respectful young man you have seen, or will you aid her and support her decision? What will you choose in the very moment. Think about that for a while." She said finally severing the link again. She looked at Octavia and completely changed her face and tone "I hope you find the rooms to your liking, it's not royal suite but the beds are soft." She said with a smile.

Trax nodded and went back to his training, Tavi smiled back as the link joined back like magnets, "It's fantastic Princess, really we can't thank you enough for your support. Really it should be me thanking you, Oakly has expressed so much gratitude towards your organization. Now your giving Kasey the chance of a lifetime, I can't thank you enough." She sighed as she made a regretful smirk, "Now if only my third child could stick to her music lessons instead of secretly training with Kasey, she awakened her hidden ability at an early age, and lets just say she's the Goddess of Hide'n'seek." Suddenly Vi hung down from the ceiling infront of Luna, Stryker felt a cold chill run up his spine, he was completely unaware of her presence at all. 

Off in the forest Shadow shivered a little, "That little brat, I nearly lost my cool upon noticing her, sheesh...." 

Luna sighed "hold that thought, apologies." She said as her hands glowed before severing the link once "I don't like creepers." She moved her hands creating a circle "create seal..." symbols started to firm in the circle "and fortify seal..." she clinched her fist as the seal pulsed with great light before disappearing. "Tavi, can I rely on you to use that angry mom's voice if that Link connects again, bug man is trying to keep and eye on us and I don't like it. It's violating my privacy."  She said before looking at Viola "there's no shame in wanting to become strong and eligent." She looked at Octavia "you know if you would permit it, we can teach her how control and use her ability. An ability like hers is very special and would be highly wanted. I can have Father Shade teach her."

Tavi held up a finger then went to Traxs ear as he meditated, she lightly tugged on his hear as she bent down, drawing in a big breath. "MIND YOUR OWN BUSINESS YOU BLOODY TWIT!" Trax was wide with surprise as Stryker flinched, Vi dropped from the ceiling giggling. 

The call was nearly a blasting sound into the Horsemens minds. Shadow nearly tripped and felt a chill run up his spine. Famine closed his eyes as if getting a headache, "I'd hate to meet that woman in person..."

Archived