The Night Hunters (private)

Killjoy

Violence went wide rage as he sped at Killjoy, but Trax was already moving and touch Killjoys, teleporting away just inches from Violences wrath. But it was not without punishment, Violence quickly sliced away the lit fuse of a greek fire grenade, 'Excellent craftsman to invent a crud contraption-' He then noticed the second fuse, 'Smart', he added to his thought before kicking the grenade into the crowd. Greed watched with a horrid expression as he watched over a dozen Vampires burn in agony, covered in green fire, he grit his teeth and clenched his fists with rage. Holding himself back from tearing into Violence for swatting the grenade into their own people. 

Trax and Killjoy flickered next to a knife with a cloth flailing in the wind, Traxs signature scribbled onto it, "With luck, some of their forces will flee out of fear, dwindling their rising numbers." He said as he picked up the knife.

• Replies 597
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"Not only that but I made his people doubt Malacath's power, I showed them that they aren't the only ones who have such strength, and like you said, if they are smart they will leave before the war begins. Plus on top of that, I've angered the priests, with their rage they will make mistakes and become sloppy it's clear I have made them hate me, so now they unknowingly gave me the biggest advantage. Then having Malacath's priests hear him admire a human, it might cause some domestic conflict within their circle. You may have seen it as arrogant banter, but what you just saw was a classic strategic move. There was a warrior long ago, about a thousand years ago who used the same tactic I did, and that warrior lived his whole life undefeated. He made his opponent angry before every dual he fought, and every time his opponent gave into anger and made a mistake and thus causing them to fall. Now before you mention me and anger issues, I've lived and fought feeling nothing but hate in my heart my whole life. I've learned to channel that hate into fluid motion and precision. Very few are capable of harnessing anger to their will." Killjoy explained strapping her sword to her back. She tugged on the collar piece of her armor as she felt burning around her neck "d@mn vampire bite...so persistent."

Trax chuckled, "Thoughts the old me would have voiced. Instead I but agree, it brought great pleasure to see those cocky bloodsuckers make foolish mistakes as if a child. Although, sometimes it is not always so to be weakness, when voicing someone as possible equal. Malacath, Treachery, Fraud, even Heresy, the three did not act or behave in such way. I believe they now see you clearly, a major threat to them, one to be snuffed out without hesitation. They can be beaten, such is universal law, but not without challenge. Those four will be our greatest challenges in coming months, we should prepare with proper training." He chuckled again, "As they say, one can only become stronger, if fighting their equal... or better. Tonight, you and me, a spar to guage eachother properly?"

Oakly wiped sweat from his forehead as he stood beside the chopping block with a pile of split wood nearby, and another pile still yet to be cut, the afternoon sun causing him to lose his shirt. Behind him was a small three room cabin, made from hard oak glazed over to shield against elements and time, smoke trickling from the stone slab chimney. The five acer flat land set upon high in the mountains, a platue of peace surrounded by shear cliffs and dangerous terrain, with path know only to few in Melody Family. Oakly bore a few scars on his chest and shoulder from facing local wildlife to the cabin, but Spring had suffered none, much to his great relief. Spring stepped outside the cabin shielding her eyes from the sun with her hand, she had just finished cooking their lunch, "Lunch is ready!" She called out with glee. So far this vacay had been a blessing, her time spent on gathering food and daily chores kept her from mind of ill thoughts, and time spent with Him was the best part. Oakly held up a thumbs up to her and placed another log of wood on the block, "A few more!" He called back before raising the wood-axe high above his head. Spring watched as the now toned and muscular young man brought the axe down, splitting the wood in two with barely any resistance. Her face grew red as she marveled at the sight, fantasies raging like a thundering storm, "Oh take all the time you need..." She moaned louder than she meant. "What?" Oakly asked as he wiped more sweat from his face and chest. Spring blushed even brighter before gettinf angrily embarrassed, "I said wash up before you come inside! You dirty Lumberjack!" She stammered before marching back inside. Oakly sighed in confusion, "Well that was a little rude, thought I can't blame, I smell horrendous right now."

Killjoy just shrugged "challenge or not, I can't afford to lose and I wont... I was made for these things, so I welcome the opportunity to kill me. As for a sparing match." She rubbed the back of her head in thought "I don't know, doesn't seem to be smart to measure each other up before I refuse Shadow again. You are going to need all your secrets if you want to stand against me in battle. As much as I would love to to beat you with a dulled sword, let's just keep our tricks for the real thing huh?"

"I suppose I should tell you, to ease mind of burdening, and useless conflict between us. Shadow left only because he wanted to seek out another, a way for your reincarnated abilities to be transferred to another. He seeks out a Shaman who has done this before, that was all he told me before He left." Trax confessed with a shrug, apparently this Shaman is a Human who has kept herself alive for many years, her age known only to her.

Trax suddenly felt a hand lay on his shoulder, the smoke like aura flowed beside his head as the blood red glare pierced his soul "so you're telling me he could have said that in the beginning and avoided all this hassle, you're telling me....that he tried to kill me knowing full well of the alternative, YOU'RE TELLING ME....THAT I'VE BEEN PREPARING SO MUCH INTO THIS FOR NOTHING!?" Killjoy grit her teeth in rage "you might have to fight me after all to stop me from kicking his bug infested @ss because I'm going to kill him!"

Trax shook his head, "The conclusion wasn't met until just before Luna pressed him to leave, in fact, it was Luna's ability to sever bonds that might make it possible." He sighed seeing no reason to keep secrets anymore, "Shadow didn't want to say Anything until after you awaken; First making it easier to transfer, but also because the power will insure victory of Malacath. Shadow says I only have one last thing before I can awaken, but I have to figure it myself. The same goes for you too."  

Oakly walked into the cabin as he dried his hair, he saw Spring sitting at the small table, her eyes closed as she waited patiently. He sat down cautiously, Spring opening her eyes, "Apologies for yelling, it was-" She stopped as Oakly chuckled, "In fairness I did need a bath anyhow, glad you found that small pool with the waterfall, really helps with bathing. Probably gonna go again after sundown." Spring nodded and smiled happily, "Great, then lets eat!"

Killjoy just huffed "he can search all he wants, but I'm going be the one who picks the one worthy. It's not up to him to decide who get such an overwhelming power. So whoever he picks, they will have to prove themselves worthy of War." She said scratching her head. "Seems only fair right?" She looked at the smoke like aura coming off her arm. She started to wonder if the power she has now is from becoming War, or was the power something achieved by awakening. It was probably a bit selfish of her, but she didn't exactly know if she wanted to give it all up, power greed maybe, all she could feel was the want to keep the strength she had, the strength that let protect her family. She balled her hand into a fist as the steel creaked from her muscles tensing. "Back to the sparing match, I'm not exactly sure if it's a good idea, I'm used to pain so training swords aren't a problem. It's just...I'm not exactly in control of my strength. There was once a time where...

((Flash back))

Three years ago, killjoy and Luna were walking through the forest to find a certain artifact for Father Shade's latest invention. "So what is it we are looking for?" Killjoy asked. Luna shrugged "Shade said there is a...blueprint that should be located in an old ruin. Apparently the design was made by an ancient race called....um....I think he said...Dwarves or something like that. Anyway, Shade says he needs it to build something that would be very useful to us." She explained. Killjoy nodded "then why didn't we bring the horses with us, I didn't think four miles was just up the road to you." She said. Luna smiled "well you see-" she was cut off when a large bear stood in front of them, it was a very large bear, standing easy 12 feet tall. Killjoy quickly put Luna behind her. "Red, don't kill it..." she said standing closely behind. Killjoy quickly glanced back "what...why!?" She asked. "Because Red, it might have a den nearby and we are trespassing and close to its family." She said as the bear finally charged them. Killjoy, out of reflexes slammed her first into the side of the bear's head, the hit made a Shockwave as the bear slumped over lifeless. Luna covered her mouth "what did I just say!?" She exclaimed. Killjoy just stood there, she already held back a lot and thought it was enough, but the results obviously tell a different story. Killjoy looked back at Luna "but I didn't hit it nearly as hard as I could have..."

((End flashback))

At Luna's relief there were no cubs or dens in a 5 mile radius. The point is, I can be really soft, or fatal. There just doesn't seem to be an in between. I held back and killed a bear with one hit. You still have the body of a human, bones are like eggshells in my hands. It's not that I doubt your skill, it's just if I get into it and I hit you, we'll it's something I'm not going to risk. Your family would never forgive me.

Trax nodded in understanding, "I see, then out of respect I won't press any further. Solar and Stryker together should still prove troublesome, it'll be hand to hand anyway. As for Shadow, should he confirm his suspicions and come back with a worthy candidate, it will still be up to you. Who knows, maybe if you do give it up, it'll give you a chance to start anew."

Deep inside the caverns of a Vampire hide out, a young girl lay sprawled out on a bed, her torn rag dress stained with old blood splotches, scars riddled her body. A large Vampire scratched his chin as he lit a cigarette, "You barely struggled this time, not even a tear, guess someone's finally learning their place. Tell me, do you even remember you name Human?" He asked with a deep raspy voice. The girl lay motionless, her dull dark red eyes starring at the rocky ceiling above, "... Ally.... Ally Valentine...." She answered monotonously, not a hint of emotion passed through her. The Vampire chuckled as he stood up and put his shirt on, he turned to face her again, but he blinked in surprise when she was not there. "What the-" Blood splattered the walls, the Vampires face was sliced off, and silver shard was plunged into his heart, his body fell backwards revealing Ally covered in blood holding a large sharpened slab of silver ore. Shaped into a blade with cloth around the hilt of the would-be sword, laughter came from down the tunnel, from the dozens of Vampires that followed Her Former Master. "All will pay, all will die..." She began with a slight chuckle until she grinned wildly, speaking with a high pitched voice of insanity. "Its Playtime!" 

Killjoy chuckled at Trax's statement "start anew? You must he crazy...I can start a new when there are no more threats to humankind, or I die. I am the Hammer again the darkness of this world. The Shield that defends the weak....a Monster that Monsters fear. Good or evil, I believe I was born and raised for one thing and one thing only. That thing is killing, spilling the blood of whoever stands in my way of my goal, and my goals are whatever keeps my family safe." She explained.

Luna sat at a desk deep in thought 'it's been so long since I've used my ability' she thought to herself 'I wonder if I could...' she quickly stood up "why haven't I thought of that until now!? It was so simple and clear that I never considered it, I'm so stupid!!" She yelled pulling her hair "I can't believe I didn't see it!!"

"What happens if that Darkness, is you?" Trax asked simply, "What would become of Luna or Spring then? This Horsemen power, it magnifies everything about us, physical and mental. I've seen you, Red Veil, I've seen what you've done. Do you really want that to be magnified?"

Ally walked towards the opening of a small town, drenched in blood. Images of the carnage she had unleashed upong the cave of Vampires flashed in her head, blood splattering everywhere. As she stumbled into the one street town, people backed into their houses, doors began to lock here and there, windows were slammed shut. A man walked out from the saloon, and approached Ally, he wore a military style clothing with a wide brimmed hat. "Excuse me little girl, are you hurt?" He asked with a deep voice, Ally didn't respond. The Man glanced around at the townspeople watching from inside, he waved his hand up with a smile and looked back to Ally. To him, she seemed consciously lost, damaged beyond repair. He decided he'd take her in, to make himself look like a savior in front of the town, and to have Her anytime He wanted. Because to him, she wouldn't do or say anything. "Come, I will take you in, and take good care of you." He said with kind eyes, but Ally only saw darkness in them, the same darkness which she had just escaped. She moved her head as people began to come out, all praising him for being a savior. The man waved down humbly, "Tell me, what is your name?" He asked simply. Ally titled her head down, "Ally.... Ally Valentine." The town went dead silent as their so-called saviors neck was sliced open, blood sprayed everywhere, covering her as well. Ally giggled with a wide sadistic grin, "You're all just the same.... Sad really." She let the sun glisten off the sharp dagger she held in her hand.

"YOU don't call me by that name." Killjoy said sternly and a warning glance. "I honestly don't have an answer to that question. Because in time, magnified or not...I believe I'm doomed to become that darkness and lose everything anyway. It's just the choice of if I want it to all to crash and burn quickly or drag it out in time. The result is all the same. I fight, I lose, I kill everyone I ever cared about. The question now is...if just ending myself is the best option..."

"Then hurt the ones you love in return? Sounds a little selfish, don't you think?" Trax asked with a shrug of shoulders, he didn't know why he was giving advice, it was the same as telling a brick wall to move. "Shadow is gathering the means, and Luna can cut the bond. You have another option besides hurting the ones you love, be it grief, or by your own hand. Are you really going to accept the fact that you only have few options where you hurt or kill the ones you love?"

The town was quite, blood splattered across the streets, and sprayed against the walls of buildings. Bodies lay scattered about, a building started to catch fire as the oven was left unattended. Ally sat curled up against the wall inside the saloon, tears running from her face, "I'm sorry.... I didn't want.... to do this...."

"You may see it as selfish, but you haven't seen what I have, and what I see now. Bottom line, I swore to protect my family, even if it means it's from myself. Let's say it happens tomorrow, I just suddenly fall, you, Solar, Stryker wouldn't be able to stop me. She's even stronger than I am now. She'll kill everyone and leave what we worked so hard for in ruin. Think about it for a moment, all it takes is a single tiny moment, the snap of a finger and she's out to play, it's that quick. Selfish or not, I'm not going to have my hands covered in their blood." Killjoy said not knowing why she is trying to explain this as if he would even understand the insanity that swarms her mind every second. She then thought of something "Do you....wish to see her, my true self? Maybe then you can understand the severity."

Trax felt a little jab in his side from being considered not a challenge, but he let it slide, true strength is not measured in words. "Show me? I'm not the same person I was all those years ago, and I'm feeling a little confident, why not. But only if you can come back from it, it'd make things complicated if you didn't." He added quickly, unsure that he'd come out unscathed or if he could survive at all.

Killjoy shook her head "not in the way you're thinking, Luna can create links as well as sever them, She can do a full visual link between our minds, it will be exactly like being inside my head, seeing what I see. Though, she will see you, and you will see her." She explained as she thought for a moment "though it's up to you, she will be VERY hostile, through the link, you can feel pain and she will try to hurt you as much as possible."

"I want to say I've been in the presence of multiple Vampire Priests, but somehow I can see that being the preferred situation to this. Lets do this." Trax said confidently with an annoyed sigh as he touched Killjoys shoulder again and teleported them.

Stryker walked the corner as the two appeared in front of him, he went white with a blank expression, "Every. Bucking. Time." He said angrily before walking away. Trax chuckled a little, "Been doing that for a week now, freaking hilarious." He joked lightly.

Killjoy just sighed "of course you have..." she mumbled as she walked in the direction to Luna's office.

An hour later, Trax was strapped into a chair while Killjoy was wrapped in chains "Right safety first, don't want anyone flailing around during this..." Luna said as she put up her hands. "For obvious reasons we will keep this link up for only a short while." she looked at Trax "you are either foolish or very brave..." she said simply as her hands started to glow. "Alright, connecting link in 3....2....1" Luna snapped her fingers and suddenly Trax was in complete darkness with no walls or floor to speak of. "oh I have a visitor...so she sent someone here to see me. How cute, I'm flattered." a chilling blood curling voice rang our of the darkness "So you want to see what she sees do you, so you can what...understand?" Maniacal laughter echoed as suddenly a figure appeared in front of Trax, she looked exactly like Killjoy, but with two dark abysses for eyes with blood flowing down the rims. Her entire body wreaked of death and burning flesh, a horrific grin wide on her face. "well how do you do...?" she asked as corpses forming a chair rose up from under her as she sat down on it.

Trax looked at his hands then glanced around, "For the moment, a little creeped out, but otherwise good." He answered firmly. "So, your Her? Gotta say I agree, if I saw that face everytime I closed my eyes, I'd have nightmares too. The Black Eyes part is pretty cool, but the bloods a little over dramatic for my taste. Well lets get down to business," He began as he tried to sit down but no chair formed for him so decided to stay standing, probably for the better considering her own choice of furniture. He exhaled a deep breath before continuing, only this time, his voice and expression had changed dramatically. "Why?" He asked sternly. 

Killjoy just laughed "he asks why, out of everything you could have come up with...you ask why!?" She said leaning back "Well I guess that IS the question everyone wants to know now. Why...hmm well depends on what you mean, but I'm going to take a guess and say you are asking why I'm doing this. The question can't have only one answer, because it's fun, because I'm the superior part of her, because I'm what she wanted when she finally had enough of her Father, I was made and I killed and I kept killing. Does that answer your question?" She said resting her head on her hand. She stared for a second "wait...I remember you, yes I remember, you were that mercenary I saw years back in the southern cities of the Crystal empire. Oh how can I forget that face." She grinned "tell me, how many of those people were your friends, and don't lie because I'll know."

The images of that day flashed through his mind, the fear and anguish he had felt clawed at him, but his composure remained unchanged. "Enough. After that I enlisted with the Equestrian Army, got recruited to the Black Ops Division, even got considered for Royal Guard. Thats how I met...." He smiled lightly, "I guess I do have to say thank you, if it wasn't for you, I wouldn't have met Her. I guess Killjoy could also say the same thing, who knows where she'd be if things had been different, if it wasnt for Her Father.... You Wouldn't Exist. Everything happens for a reason, no matter how messed up it looks, we just gotta face it as it comes. Which is why you're days are limited." He finished as he tightened his fists.

Trax was suddenly being lifted up by his throat. "I didn't ask how your life went after I killed your friends, I asked how many did I kill. Though speaking of family, they are quite lovely, such kind eyes, such a wonderful display of a what live really is." She chuckled " So now I want to know which one of them do you love most? I ask so I can leave them for last as I make you watch me tear each one of them apart one by one before it is your turn." She tightened her grip "you're all so...fragile, bones like glass and skin like paper." She clasped onto his side, her fingers touching the ribs. I can't break your bones, but I'll definitely make it feel like so." She squeezed down, slow increasing the strength "Only way to get me to quit is tell me which part of your family is most precesious to you. Give me another vague answer and it will only get worse." She chuckled as she dug her fingers into his ribs.

Traxs hand gripped around Killjoys wrist to the hand at his throat, "You can hurt me, break my bones, torture me, or even kill me..... But don't you dare..... Touch My Family." 

In reality, Tavi walked in carrying a plate of tea, "Greetings, just thought you'd want some tea-" She froze dropping the plate, tea cups shattering spilling tea on the floor, her eyes growing wide with terror. Traxs skin began turning black, a white smoky aura started coming off his body, the pressure in the room rose dramatically. Forcing Killjoys black smoky aura to rise as well.

((back to the "dream realm"))

Trax looked up at Killjoy, the whites of his eyes now pitch black, making his blue irises glow brighter. His face contorted with anger and rage, "Do you Understand Me? Don't even think about it!" With his left hand he barely pressed onto Killjoys stomach before she flew back sliding across the ground. The skin on Traxs arms was black, a white smoky aura steamed off from his body. A deep chuckle rose in his throat as he looked at his hands, "I can feel it, this power, so this is what you've had all this time huh? No wonder you think everyones all fragile." He examined his hands as he moved then around, "It's not complete, but it'll get me by for now." Trax took a defensive stance, "Its been almost 25 years, and I have been waiting oh so patiently for this. Bring it B!@&$."

Tavi stumbled back, horror stricken, "He's gonna do it, He said he was going to challenge her, He's finally going to do it."

Killjoy just laughed "you forgot one thing though..." She was instantly behind him "you're in my house little man." Trax's body was slammed down as Killjoy's foot pinned him. Suddenly the bodies of all his friends popped up all around him. "I do believe I struck a nerve with you, you care so much for your family, how cute." She said chuckling as she sent Trax's skidding along the ground. A red glow formed where a pupil would be in her right eye "Besides, I've already thought about it, I'm going to Kill you and everything you hold dear." Trax's family surrounded him lying in a pool of blood. "I'll be sure you hear every scream, every cry for you to save them, see every tear and emotion, every last bit of hope leave them. Oh and don't worry, I'll hurt you plenty more after I murder them." she said laughing as she teleport near Trax "If you want to fight me, then you picked the worst place for it, So how about a deal." she grabbed Trax by the hair "Let me out of here...because lets face it, we can hit each other all we want but it isn't going to make any progress. You find a way to let me out and we can see whose the strongest." she said sternly as she sensed the link weakening "I believe your time is up, until next time..." she said as she vanished into the black. 

Luna cut the link and fell into her chair from exhaustion. "oh Tavi, no victory would be achieved if he challenged her there. If that were the case your husband would be dead before the power surge. Sadly his time will have to wait, though maybe now he will see things the way Red wanted, whatever it is she wanted that is...." she explained "so calm yourself Tavi, everything is fine for right now."

Killjoy opened her eyes and winced at the major headache "why does it feel I have the worst hangover...?" she asked as Luna started getting the chains "well you both kinda made a lot of effort. So did you see any of that?" she asked. Killjoy shook her head, no, it was just black, as if sleeping." she answered. Luna nodded "I see so then she must have put all of her attention on Trax then. Though....I think she made him mad, like real mad." she said pointed at Trax as Killjoy saw the white aura coming off of him. Killjoy just sighed "I did warn him."

Trax chuckled as he stood up from his chair, the straps barely slowing him as the snapped off, "So this is how you feel? This strength, this power, this sense of invincibility. It's intoxicating." He said darkly as the black etchings crawled up his neck and passed over his right eye. Stryker popped in hearing the tray drop, but the sight had him shivering, feeling the same kind of pressure Killjoy gives off when using her ability. Trax looked at Killjoy, "If I didn't respect you enough before, I do now. Keeping a Thing like that caged up. I'd be spending every waking moment finding a way to Destroy Her, and make her suffer all the while. She is lucky she's a part of you, or she really would be just a memory. And thank you, without your help, I don't know how I would have been able to tap into my abilities like you have for so long." He told her softly, the pressure increased as the black etchings started to crawl up his neck more and more, his power rivaled Killjoys but he wanted to surpass it. "A little more....." He said with excitement, but suddenly everything ceased all at once as an image of him holding his dying Friend flashed in his head, his eyes and skin returned to normal as the white smoky aura cut off. Trax let out a gasp for air before dropping to a knee in a sweat, Tavi went to him but he flickered away before she could reach him. "What just happened?" She asked worriedly.

Trax appeared in the forest, emotions whirled in his head, wanting nothing more than to kill something. As if to answer his wish, a large werewolf creeped out from the shadows, drooling with hunger. Realizing he'd left his weapons behind, Trax sighed with annoyance, "I am really not in the mood, now go away." He said shooing it away with his hand. The werewolf growled menacingly before charging him, its yellow eyes wide with rage. Traxs face went blank as he swatted his hand backwards, slapping the werewolf across the face. Instantly the werewolf was carried off into a tree, its face was bloodied, parts of it shattered skull jutted out from under the skin. Trax looked from the carnage to his hand, a little scratched but otherwise completely fine, and no bruising. "So this is how you feel?"

Archived