The Night Hunters (private)

Killjoy

Kasey chuckled, "I can see your not used to this kind of talking with anyone other than Luna. I've consulted a few Soldiers under my command at one point or another, though their thoughts were of a smaller scale, but the advice I gave them was only to guide them through it. But I also had an understanding, of yours I do not. However, even as a student, I am always here to listen should you want it."

• Replies 597
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Killjoy shook her head "maybe that's a good thing you don't understand what it is to be a monstrosity, to do so would mean you have a similar past, and a similar mind also. Be glad to never know what it's like to suffer such regret and hatred for your past, to never feel the insanity that plagues every moment of your life." She said looked back over the horizon "and never have to worry about the world paying fortunes for your head. You can still travel the world without anyone caring who you are, no will think anything about you. Unlike me who must hide out here in the middle of the forest for no one to see. I must stay in that mansion for the rest of my life, hidden away from any opportunity to see the world with Luna, at least not as myself, I always have to hide myself under a disguise." She looked at Kasey "in short be happy to never understand what I am."

"Believe me, I have no envy for what you've gone through. No one does, we just want to be there for you." Kasey told her softly before entering the Mansion.

Ally was pushed against a brick wall as three young men surrounded her, all had a twisted grin on their face as they looked down at the small seemingly helpless child. "You scared little girl? Good, you should be." One of them said as a frightened Ally started to tear up with fear in her eyes, but this fear was not for the three men before her, this fear was for had be awakened inside her.

The alleyway of a large city erupted with terrified cries for help, the walls were sprayed with blood, and a large pool of crimson flowed out into the street. A bloodied hand reached out from the shadows, one of the men pulled himself forward, only to be stopped as a small hand grabbed his hair. A little whisper in his ear sent him into a world of panic and utter horror, "Scared little boy? Good, You should be."

A blood curdling scream was cut off violently through the city streets. People turned towards the sound with confused fear crawling up their spines. This fear rose as a small girl, drenched in blood, stepped from the shadows with a sadistic grin. Her voice was a giggling happy tone, but the words she spoke drove people to panic, "Blood, blood, BLOOD! I WANT TO SEE BLOOD!"

Killjoy stepped a foot into the door before Luna instantly appeared clinging onto her "I'm so so glad you came back, I was so worried when Kasey came barging in about the event that was going on." She said with great concern in her tone. Killjoy sighed "I'm more than enough to handle these small threats here and there."  She replied. Luna looked at Killjoy "they used cannons!" She exclaimed. "And they were ceased in short time were they not?" Killjoy asked. Luna drooped her head "yes...yes they were. What was attacking us? Other than the cannons." Luna asked. Killjoy glanced back "just two of Malacath's priests. They ran as soon as they saw they had lost." She answered. Luna nodded "then they must be seeing us a great threat, which is good, to commit such tactics means they are getting desperate to get rid of us. So let's keep our presence up in their faces. OH I almost forgot, I've been getting some rumors about a young girl going around the outer cities, just killing people. It may be important to check it out." Luna said. Killjoy nodded "right...I'll see what it is, I'll start getting my things ready."

"A young girl? A vampire perhaps?" Kasey asked in thought. Viola huffed, "Just because someone is young doesn't mean they cant be cable of killing unless their a vampire. Right Momma?" Tavi sighed and nodded regretfully, "I'm starting to see why my mother advised me to stop telling you stories about my childhood." Kasey shrugged, "Regardless, this kind of thing is out of place, a rare occurrence. What happened to make this girl go on a killing spree?"

"It's matters not what caused it, there is someone or something out their roaming the streets killing indiscriminately with obvious prejudice against anyone she comes by. Was there anything about where it was all coming from?" Killjoy asked. Luna thought for a moment "well I don't exactly know when it was about, but the attacks I heard about, we're around the western outer region. So it's not too far from here, maybe 15 miles. You should be able to get there in enough time to find whoever is doing this." She said with confidence "nothing you can't handle of course." She smiled. Killjoy nodded "understood. Then I'll be heading there right away. I will return within two days, with or without what I'm looking for." She said turning around and walking back out of the door. Luna frowned "but you just got back..." she whispered. Killjoy's foot dug into the ground before rocketing in the direction of the western region.

Tavi patted Lunas back softly, "I feel you sista, all to familiar with it."

A guard chariot was was painted with blood, its riders lay limp on the groun around it, the horse cut loose and running wild. Bodies littered the streets, men, women, children. By now, the word had spread throughout the large city, every civilian had locked themselves inside. Fearing whatever was out there. A trail of fresh blood led right to feet of a small girl, huddled against the wall, her body shaking with fear and anguish. Ally lifted her head, eyes full of tears, "Please, I dont wanna do this anymore... please stop, make it stop...." As she whispered to herself, a few guards approached her hesitantly. They began speaking to each other, devising a plan. Ally flinched as she heard their whispers, a voice screamed from within her, something clawing its way out again. A wicked grin formed on Ally's face, the guarss froze up, that sadistic laugh drove their fear sky high. "Iiiiiiitttsss Play Time!" Screams of terror sounded throughout the empty streets until it was cut off, the sound of flesh being torn open splitting the silence. Again, Ally fell to her knees crying, "Not again, not again, not again! I dont wanna kill anymore! Please stop this!" She cried out in vain. Suddenly she froze with horror as a voice from within her spoke chilling words, "Why? Why would I stop such fun? I love killing. I like the blood, the screams, the look on their faces before they die! I am a part of you now deary, and I am here to Stay!" Ally let out blood curdling scream of agony and pain, fear and utter horror gripped her heart like claws.

Perched above the city atop a large cliff, Shadow looked on with analytical eyes, suddenly he turned his head to the side sensing Killjoys fast approach. "Hmmmm."

((Just letting you know, I haven't forgot about GGO, just having a little writer's block.))

Killjoy stopped as she saw the trail and blood and bodies. "Well this is an all too fimiliar sight..." she said to herself as she walked down the street. She made her way down side street as she heard the loud screaming. As she rounded the corner, she saw what making all that noise. She saw the young girl soaked with blood, quivering in what seemed like fear and regret. Instantly an image of herself replacing the young girl, the image of herself covered in her father's blood in front of a burning house. Killjoy shook her head clearing herself from the flashback. Killjoy took a few more steps to where she was only a couple feet away. She stared down at the girl knowing the girl has noticed her presence.

"No... please... I dont want to do this anymore... I dont want to kill her too please.... stop..." Ally whispered frighteningly to herself, a moments pause and she spoke again, but not to Killjoy. "She didn't do anything to me, she's innocent, why would I kill her?" She asked in vain. Another moments pause and the girl looked up to Killjoy with bright red eyes, her expression filled with regret and sorrow. "Help me... please..." She begged before she broke down in tears. "Almost like looking into a mirror isn't it?" Shadow spoke as he walked beside Killjoy, he had seen Killjoys memory's, admitting to himself that there were few who could survive such a life of destruction and death. "I've been following her for few weeks now, but I do not know why or how she was set on this path in life."

Killjoy gave Shadow an annoyed look "if you were following this girl for the reason I think you are, you can forget it. Though you better stay out of my head or you be sorry, you can act unintimidated all you want, but I don't make idle threats. Stay out of my head, I've already allowed you to get away with a lot of things but prying inside my mind will NOT be one of them, and I will only tell you once." Her eyes held sincerity and conviction on backing up her claim "I don't care what your role is, or how powerful you are, if I so much as sense your presence in my head, I'll put you down." She said before turning to the girl and took a step forward and kneeling down seeing all the signs of the abuse she has endured, physically and mentally. She lifted the girls head up to get a good look at her eyes to see the same fire and malice inside them that she has. The black smokey aura came out and her eyes went black leaving only the red center. A warning to the hate inside the girl. "Girl, what is your name?" She asked keeping focus on her eyes.

Shadow shrugged as the girl swallowed shakily, "Ally.... Ally Valentine.... Please, Make it stop.... I dont want to kill anymore innocent people." She cried tearfully, 'There are no innocent people!' A voice from inside her giggled with laughter, Ally flinched with fear before hugging Killjoy tightly. Shadow sighed, "With the right training, you can't deny she'd be a perfect candidate, she has the makings a true Rider."

"I DO deny it! You do not have the right to decide who has the makings to take my place! In the end, that decision falls upon me and me alone, you can stalk and hide in the shadows for a replacement for the rest of your days for all I care, but I will judge their worth! If it was up to you, and you picked this girl, I might as well give in to my true nature because it will be same result!" Killjoy exclaimed in irritation "with the right training, and who do you suppose will teach her those values, you, Trax, Famine!? Don't make me laugh! Clueless fools, the lot of you!" she grit her teeth as she tried with all her strength to keep in the anger, to think that this tormented child was the rightful successor was unthinkable and unacceptable.She gripped onto Ally as if shielding her. Like herself, she knew Ally's life was nothing but agony up until this point. Though a bit younger than she was when she was found. It was probably only a few days ago when she escaped, seeing that some of the abuse was still fresh on her body. "you listen well...Ally, what you developed inside, you must be ready to combat it every waking moment of your life, you are going to feel days where ending yourself is right, and there will be times where your mind will feel like its at the brink of shattering." Killjoy ripped off the armor on her left arm to give Ally the sample of abuse that she too have endured as the scars riddled down her arm "but there are others like you, I am one of those people. I spent 18 years of my life in constant suffering, I too developed a strong madness and a lust for the blood of anyone I saw, and I got what I wanted by killing thousands of people. So believe when I say this...you are a lot more lucky than I was. This madness inside you is still in it's infancy where mine had years and years to grow, and so we might have a chance of ridding you of it, there is still hope for you. You will have a second chance to live your life the way you want to. Maybe give you what I can never a have, a normal, free life. Though you must trust me to take you where we can help you."

Shadow scratched his head awkwardly, "A simple 'no' would have sufficed equally." Ally glanced from Shadow to Killjoy, a flicker of hope burned in her eyes for a moment, but much was still clouded with fear. She nodded slowly before succumbing to exhaustion and hunger, falling unconscious into Killjoys arms. "Another Apprentice? What is that now? Four, five?" Shadow asked curiously as he eyed a dead body, still fresh with blood.

Kasey and Vi sneezed simultaneously at the table, "Bless you both." Tavi said with a glance between them. 

Oakly and Hazel both sneezed together as they packed for the return trip, "Well that was weird." Oakly said rubbing his throat.

Trax looked up from reading the charter for the supplies, "There she goes again..."

Famine poked the fire he sat by with an annoyed sigh.

"Well if your useless @ss tried to teach them, there would be absolutely no progression in their lives. Especially with your agrivating personality and pointless banter about things you have no understanding in." Killjoy said sternly as she picked up and held Ally in her arms. "Whatever powers at be that thought making someone like you a supreme being with so much power was a good idea...they are beyond foolish and unworthy of my cooperation and do not deserve the ability to have possession of this power, if anything I should keep my "gift" to spite them and I'll make sure they never get it back." She said walking back in the direction of the Manor. "Yeah I've made up my mind, I'm keeping this ability, feel free to try and take it."

After a few hours killjoy reached the Manor. She down at Ally was still unconscious. "Why do I feel like there is no alternate universe where this comes out to be a good idea...?" She asked herself with a sigh. Killjoy soon shook off all the her doubting thoughts, bad idea or not, Ally needed help, it was the right thing to do. Killjoy took a deep breathe before pushing the door open. Luna excitingly rushed over from up the stairs "well that was fast, a lot earlier tha-"  she instantly stopped at she saw the blood soaked girl in her arms. Luna looked at Killjoy "why do you have a girl with you?" She asked. Killjoy sighed "this is our psychopath...a tortured and broken girl, I saw it all in her eyes. Through her time of abuse, she developed a separate self created from her malice and hatred." She explained. Luna nodded understanding the situation "well its a good thing you found her, at such a young she is, she still has time to grow and conquer her anger. Quickly let's get her to the infirmary and let the doctors tend to her injuries, ease the physical trauma she has endured." She said making her way to the infirmary as Killjoy closely followed behind. Killjoy laid Ally on the bed and quickly strapped her arms and legs to the sides. Luna gave Killjoy and questioning look. "Even though she just a child, she already killed enough people, she's a danger to you and the others." Killjoy said taking no chances of another episode. Luna brushed her hand on Ally's hair "poor little thing, did you get a name?" She asked. Killjoy nodded "what little she was able to say, she said her name is Ally Valentine." She answered. Luna smiled "such a wonderful name." She said moving her bangs to the side.

Tavi stood in doorway, watching with caring eyes, "Luna, darling, you must tell me your secret for having children without the pains of childbirth." She joked sarcastically. Vi poked her head from behind her mother, starring curiously at the girl strapped to the table. The medic's began to examine Ally, "Besides being completely exhausted and lack of sleep, she's perfectly healthy. Her body is riddled with scars, which have healed well, reminds me of when I did Killjoys last check up." The Head nurse reported. Ally started to open her eyes, instantly the straps went taught as she attempted to free herself out panic. The Head Nurse didnt back up fast enough, Ally was quick enough to swipe the nurses surgery knife. The movement was fast and slick as Ally cut the strap and went for Killjoy, suddenly the knife was knocked away by a throwing knife, both sticking into the wall. Kasey stood beside his mother with his arm outstretched from throwing his knife, his face stern with warning. Ally lowered her hand slowly feeling ashamed, "I-I... I'm sorry... I was just scared..." 

Ally felt a slight poking feeling in her stomach. During the very short moment, Killjoy had drawn her dagger and had It at the ready as the tip of the blade resting on Ally's stomach, waiting to be plunged into flesh. Killjoy kept the same composure, her face kept unwavering. Luna just stood watching, trusting Killjoy's judgement. Killjoy slowly lowered the dagger, she spun it in her hand before sheathing it. "You have nothing to fear here, there isn't anyone here that is going to hurt you." She said keeping her irrational back as she walked away and out of the infirmary. Luna just smiled "forgive her, she relies more on instincts than anything else. Like you, she has been through a lot and like you, she has experienced great pain in the early years of her life, and of course, you both developed this separate self, she also deals with the hatred inside. So if anyone here will understand what you are going through, it is definitely her." She explained. 

Ally lay back with tearing eyes, "I just want it to stop, the voice in my head always telling me to do these horrible things... She takes over so quickly, I can't hold her back at all... I need help..."

Kasey caught up to Killjoy quickly, "Gotta say I wasn't expecting a child, she can't be any older than Vi. Glad Oakly will be arriving soon, He and Spring should be on their way now."

Oakly and Hazel rode on horses through the wood, clearing the mountains. Oakly removed the scarf from Hazels head and wrapped around his neck, she gave a shake before sighing with annoyance, "If you hadnt been whistling that tune I would've been able to retrace myself back to the cabin." Oakly shrugged, "Really? Whoops." Hazel shot him a glare, but let it go quickly, "It was fun, I really enjoyed it." She admitted with a huff. Oakly smiled slightly, "You're welcome."

Luna smiled "and we can give you the help you need, but I have to ask for your best effort if you wish to rid yourself of those awful voices, and together, we can make your life a lot better, but you have to trust use if we are to work together." She said softly. 

Killjoy just kept walking, Ally reminded her too much of herself when she was around that age, the hopelessness, the fear, the rage. Killjoy clinched her fists, the very sight of that girl opened up old wounds, deepening the cracks of her mind. "I need to hit something..." she said out loud to help herself as she started to make her way to the training room.

Ally nodded weakly in compliance, she twitched a little as if in pain, but relaxed quickly. Tavi walked up to Ally's other side, "What did she say? The dark one, she told you to do something didn't she? I've been around Killjoy enough to see the signs when the other speaks." He tone was sweet, but held a sense of sterness to them. Ally looked away guiltily, "She says it's impossible to get rid of her, says she's a part of me. That'd I die before it happens. She wants to be let loose to kill you all.... But I don't want that... I don't want to kill anymore..." Tavi exchanged a look with Luna, "Dont you worry deary, we're going to help you, with every step. You will defeat this darkness, I promise you this. Right, Mommy?" She added with sly smirk at Luna before taking her leave. Viola leaned over to stare a bit more, but was soon dragged out by her mother.

Kasey did a complete one eighty and started off in the opposite direction, knowing better than to be in Killjoys way of blowing off steam, "Glad I'm not in Oaklys situation."

Hazel opened her mouth to say something, blushing a little, but the horses cries of pain cut her off. Oakly and Hazel were thrown from their saddles as both horses sprinted off into the woods, bearing darts in their flanks. Oakly drew his katana as Hazels eyes flooded with blood, they went back to back circling around, glancing around with grim expressions. Suddenly a volley of darts flew at them from the forest, Oakly jumped in front releasing a lighting surge that turned them to ash. Immediately after, Hazel sped around to Oaklys side catching a large spear. "That was clo-" Hazel was cut short as she was dragged away by a rope looped at her feet. Oakly went to dive for her hand but was grabbed by the neck and slammed to the ground, he looked up seeing an obvious Vampire woman. Her long sleek black hair fell over her left shoulder, a pair of slit light green eyes met Oaklys piercing blues, "Like cut from the same cloth, your Father, Brother, and you. All these handsome men in my life, and I dont get a single one." She said enviously before hitting Oakly hard in the face, knocking him out. She stood up holding him by the collar off the ground, "One more step and dies Princess." She warned as she turned to see Hazel paused just ten feet away. Examining the young Vampire, she could hardly believe Malacaths warning about her, but she knew better than to disobey. 'Hazel is of my blood, her mothers blood, our lineage together has created a very powerful offspring. She may not look it, but she is capable of some scary hidden skills. One on one, and you will die. Grab the boy, and force your way out, Simple.' Lust recalled Malacaths words before backing up, glaring down Hazel with warning. Hazel itched to move, but she could risk it with Oakly, she had lost. The plan was executed perfectly, She never even stood a chance. Hazel let out a cry of rage as she watched Lust vanish away with Oakly.

Killjoy entered the large training room. She pulled a lever on the wall as the center if the floor opened up and large pillar of steel rose from the floor. Killjoy unstrapped her gauntlets, then her chest plate, finally her leggings. Each piece of armor hit the ground with a loud thud, as the sheer weight made itself clear. Killjoy wrapped her knuckles in a thick cloth. Killjoy tightened up her chest wraps to keep her movements quick. Killjoy put up her fist and started to sway from side to side in a fighting stace. The smokey aura appeared as her eyes got dark. She threw one punch, her fist striking the steel as a Shockwave was created from the massive impact. The thunderous boom echoed through the manor as each hit shook the walls of the training room. As the punches came, the force was increasing little by little before after a while the two foot thick steel started to buckle and bend. Killjoy didn't let up even as the cloth on her knuckles were stained red as she started to make them bleed. All she could think about after seeing Ally was her life in the past and everything that made her who she is today. She finally just used everything she had as she slammed her fist in the pillar, making it bend even more, and one last punch. The pillar of steel faltered as it bent in a full 90 degrees. Killjoy backed away from the pillar, her breath was heavy as sweat dripped off her chin. She looked at her hands, watching the blood drip off her fingers. She sat down on one of the benches unraveling the cloth revealing that the skin was almost all gone showing the bone, though they were already starting to heal as the skin started to close in front of her eyes. Killjoy sighed "even pain is something I don't feel anymore..." she said quietly to herself as she leaned her head on the wall.

Luna chuckled at Tavi's taunting. She looked back at Ally "she's right, anyone can conquer the darkness inside them, she may be a part of you, but you must prove to yourself that you are stronger than your other half, but you got to be ready to travel the long hard road ahead of you." She said as she heard the loud booming sounds from below, the floor vibrated under her feet. She sighed as rubes her eyes "and there she goes hitting things again, so much rides on her shoulders..." she said quietly.

Hazel streamed through the forest like a blur, passing animals and even a few hunters who just blinked in confusion. Kasey went opened the door and was luckily out of the way as Hazel zipped past him, the wind catching up with her reshaped his hair in a wind swept to the right. An Order member attempted to hold down his papers but was of no use as he was covered in a big pile of scattered documents. Hazel zipped by grabbing Killjoy, and stopped in the Infirmary, "They took him! They took Oakly!"

Lust tossed a waking Oakly to the floor, just feet away from the steps leading up to the throne. "Welcome my boy, good to see I can count on my associates to be successful without error." Malacath spoke as Oakly stood on his knees, his hands cuffed with rubber lined braces, "Smart thinking." He mumbled under his breath. He looked up as Malacath stood up and started down the steps towards him, "I'm wont suger coat anything Oakly, you will be tortured beyond anything you can imagine. Feel enough pain to drive the most disciplined soldiers into madness, in fact, the last human was a soldier in the Black Legion. He withstood it for 24 hours, I'm hoping you at least last for half of that. Now, you probably wonder why? Well here's the thing, My Daughter seems to have a soft spot for you, and I want to give my little girl everything she wants. Therefore,..." Malacath paused with grim glare down at Oakly, causing a shiver to crawl up his spine, fear gripped his heart like claws. "I'm going to break you, then mold you anew. The perfect Husband for my Princess Hazel." Treachery zipped behind Oakly placing a hand on his head, instantly Oakly went wide in terror before letting out an agonizing cry.

Trax flickered next to Kasey as he fixed his hair, "Welcome back Da-" He pasued as he noticed the scarf in his Fathers hand, an identical one he had gotten from Trax as well. Kasey went grim, "Oakly..."

Killjoy didn't have to ask who Ally was talking about, she already knew. She started to head back to the training room for her armor. Luna put a hand on Killjoy's shoulder "don't go, you know they will be waiting for you." She said with concern. Killjoy grit her teeth, Luna was right, it had "trap" all over it. "You have a point, but even you know the types of things they will be putting Oakley through. I have to go get him, they are going to try to break him." She said pulling herself away. Luna tried to reach for her again but in vane. 

After a few minutes, killjoy was already going out the door, she grabbed Trax by the collar and herded him to follow "you're coming with me to get Oakley back." She said sternly as her aura was starting to form but it was way more intense as her eyes shined brighter than usual. Her anger was clear to see, no one was going to kidnap her student and survive.

Trax exploded with white smoke as he let out his power, halting Killjoy, "Think about what your doing, Killjoy. As much as this angers, I know there are people here who need my protection now. Charging off into a trap is not you, think about it. Even at our current levels, we're not enough to face them." Kasey stepped forth, "But I can find out what their doing with him, I still have a friend on the inside."

Hazel weakly held onto Luna's hand, her eyes running with waterfalls of tears, "They took him Mom, t-they took him... and I couldn't do anything to stop it..."

Oakly fell to the floor shivering in pain, his eyes were wide and bloodshot, blood leaked from his ears and nose. Heresy picked him up and cuffed him to chains, hoisting him into the air. Fraud took out a whip and slashed him across the back, Oakly reeled in pain, blood trickled from the long gash. Heresy then breathed a green cloud at Oaklys face, at first there was nothing, but then Fraud whipped him again. This time, the pain was ten times worse than the first, Oakly ran out breath mid cry. Malacath stood before him, "Heresy's ability, a green gas which causes the victim to feel pain ten fold of their original level. In order to create something, you must start from a blank slate. Which is what your mind will be before we're done." Treachery stepped up and tore away Oaklys shirt, then pressed his hand to Oaklys chest. Fraud whipped him again, the combined pain knocked him unconscious, but he was awoken by Treacherys hand. This repeated over and over again, Oakly shivered and shook with unbearable pain. Heresy glanced at Malacath, "We could find out the location of their hideout now, and crush them before they can start." Malacath shook his head, "Because it will ruin my plans, besides, it'd be too easy."

Archived