The Night Hunters (private)

Killjoy

((I'll go with the Lightning))

Oakly nodded and concentrated, what was he good at? He liked Killjoys ability, and Springs ability would come in handy.....  but what would he have? Oakly placed his hands out, his face contorted as he focused harder. Then a memory from his childhood arose, he always loved using static to shock the other kids. Suddenly a single spark ignited a flowing current of electricity between his hands, opening his eyes he grinned with glee, "Even as an adult, I'm going to enjoy shocking someone!"

• Replies 597
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Killjoy raised an eyebrow "electricity..." she closely studied the sparks flowing through Oakly's fingers. "Well only one way to see how powerful it is" she said grabbing Oakly's arm as electricity exploded outward. Killjoy's arm shot backwards as she skidded back. Smoke seeped out of the armor around her right side. "Well it works...." she said straightening herself up. "Don't worry, along with my ability of strength, my body is more resilient than normal people." The smoke cleared and Killjoy's right side only sustained minimal damage as her armor took the blunt of most of the electricity.

Killjoy thought for a moment "I'm not sure, I've never seen electricity used against vampires before, or anything undead for that matter....Though in due time, we will soon be finding out how useful a power like yours is..."

((Two years later!))

Killjoy stood in the same spot in the training room as she did for the two years. Her posture still the same. She waited for her student.

Oakly walked with his cloak waving from turning a corner into the training room, just had he done every day for two years, he went up to Killjoy and stood firm. "Greetings Killjoy, I am ready for todays lesson." For the past two years, he'd said exactly that, his discipline honed under Killjoys teachings. Spring watched from the doorway with a smile, she was proud at Killjoy for taking Oakly under her wing, and seeing the boy was able to survive her harsh training. 

Killjoy stared at Oakly's for a few moments. "There is no lesson today...your training is complete. Today is your first assignment. We will be hunting down a vampire that's been terrorizing a near by town in outer Canterlot." She said walking forward, passing Oakly's and towards the door. "Congratulations Oakly...you are now an official agent of The Order...it's time you see the armory." She said opening the door "this way..."

((Armory))

A large iron door creaked as it opened revealing a room full of advanced weapons and technology. A very old robed man appeared from another room "ahh the lovely red lady..." he said in a happy tone. Killjoy approached the old man and grabbed his "Father Shade, it's good to see you." She said with a smile. The old chuckled as he looked up at Killjoy "I'll never get over such beauty your eyes hold...never have I seen such lovely red." He said in a soft tone. Killjoy smiled "flattery will get you nowhere old man." they both laughed as Shade looked at Oakly "and whose this?" he asked with a joyful smile. "That is Oakly, my student and now agent of the Order." Killjoy answered. Shade clasped his hands together "oh wonderful, welcome aboard Oakly. Oh which reminds me Miss Veil...It's ready along with my newest creation." He said opening the curtain behind him "I finally finished the modifications on your sword." he said picking up Her claymore but along the edges were chained blades with some mechanical box around the guard. Killjoy held it and admired the work "it's perfect...thank you Father Shade." She said humbly. Shade smiled "and my latest creation..." he pulled out a obscure looking crossbow "Behold...The repeating crossbow!" he said with pride "it has rotating spring quiver loaded replacing the hand piece, the quiver can be easily detached to be replaced with another, each quiver holds 75 bolts! How it loads itself is through compressed air that goes through these tubes and pushed the air to a piston under the string pushing it back ready to fire again!" The old man seemed to be almost overloading with excitement. Killjoy took hold of the crossbow "This is revolutionary...this weapon can easily change the tides against the vampires. How many have you made?" she asked. "Only two, that's why I would wish to give one to you my lady." he said insistingly. "I am honored" she said bowing. Shade looked at Oakly "would the apprentice like the second?"

Oakly nodded taking the crossbow to examine it closely, "An impressive weapon indeed, not surprised it came from the Weaponsmith who caters to Killjoy." He strapped the weapon to his back then looked along the weapon wall, "By chance, you wouldnt happen to have a Katana, which can harness electricity?" He asked kindly, he had his fathers silver and oak daggers sheathed on his lower back, but he wanted something with a longer reach like Killjoy.

Shade thought for a bit "well...all metal conducts electricity. I do have a Katana somewhere but the steel from the blade should be all the harnessing you need. Unless, you are looking for something a little more? If you could give me a month, I could create such a blade." The old man said reassuringly. Killjoy took the Katana hidden amongst the piles of swords that laid about "Shade...This isn't the blade that belonged to the previous head of The Order is it?" she asked as she pulled out the sheath. Shade thought "Now that you mention it...I did remember losing that old blade...good to see it's stood the test of time. That blade has been passed down for 500 years...the blade is lined with pure silver...not these tainted stuff they call silver nowadays." Shade said sitting down in his chair "and the blade is made from the finest steel and from the finest blades smith in the east."

Killjoy looked at Oakly "This sword is worth more than anything you can imagine." she went back to harsh tone as she tossed the Katana to Oakly "After two years, you'd better prove you are worthy of that blade."

"Good, then lets go." she barked as she quickly stepped out of the armory and made haste out of the building and onto the streets of Canterlot. The moon shined bright as the street lamps flickered. "last reports of the vampire was around the southern border of the city. So we will check there first, leave no stone left unturned fore Vampire are masters of stealth and can easily hide anywhere." she said pulling out a small map "south will lead us into the poor part of town...so vampires might not be the only thing we will have to watch out for. Though remember to only kill humans when truly necessary...we can have people not trusting us." she said rolling the map back up "but when we get down there, have your weapon at the ready just to be safe."

((southern Canterlot))

The smell of rot filled the air as famine and disease plagued the area "here..." Killjoy tossed Oakly a strange mask "it will help prevent getting infected...which also reminds me...don't get scratched if the residence here turn hostile." she put on her mask "ready?"

"Alright then, let us be off. Guess now is a good time for a field test." Killjoy said equipping the crossbow. The streets were quiet with faint sounds like glass shattering and the pitter patter of rats running along the gutter. "how can people live like this in such horrible conditions...always fearing not seeing tomorrow." she said with a growl "makes me sick knowing the people higher above care nothing for the well being of those less fortunate." she scanned her surrounding as they walked down the empty street. "instead of helping, I've heard the city counsel are going to quarantine the entire town in hopes to starve every-" she quickly quieted herself as she sounds of footsteps, loud squishy sounds were heard with every footstep. "Oakly...we're surrounded...remember, don't let them scratch or bite you." she aimed her crossbow in a nearby alley as a what was once human, but now a bloated gargling creature. "it's Plague Walkers!" She shouted as she shot two bolts, one into the creature's chest and on in the head. As it fell, much more walked over it. Killjoy kept shooting forming a small pile in the alley, then switched to her left and started engaging the Plague Walkers flanking.

Oakly moved aside as one dropped from above, in one fluid motion the Plague Walkers head was severed off as Oakly brought around his silver dagger. He switched to his crossbow and unleashed several bolts behind him as they flooded in from behind, "We need to move!"

Killjoy quickly looked around for a path of least resistance, then she saw a road with minimal numbers "There!" she yelled as she slung her crossbow on her back and unsheathed her sword as a loud revving sound before the shined blades on her sword started to rotate at a extremely fast pace. Killjoy quickly tore through the numbers of Plague Walkers creating a path "Lets go!" The blades ripped and tore through the bloated, rotted flesh as blackened blood sprayed all along the street.

"Don't know, right now don't care, we can talk about it when we aren't being mobbed by these creatures!" Killjoy yelled cutting through three at once finally creating an opening to a large church. She ran into the building and closed the heavy wooden doors "Grab anything heavy and block this door." she order as she dragged a large pew and setting it in front of the door before going to get another.

Suddenly loud banged were heard as the door vibrated as the moans of the creature grew louder. Killjoy was sure the doors would hold "now...lets see if we can find a way out of this church while escaping the Plague walkers..." she looked around, there were a surprising amount of paths to choose from, enough room for a lot of things to hide "sh|t..." she mumbled as she grabbed a lantern off the wall and lit it. The church seemed empty, though Killjoy knew better than to assume the best. She turned to Oakly " if I'm correct, there should be a tunnel down in the basement that leads to the sewer...but right now it would be swarming with Plague Walkers...we'll have to wait till morning when they go back into their holes and out of the light..." Killjoy said breaking off pieces of a pew and placing them into a pile before lighting the fire with her lantern. "might as well get comfy..."

Killjoy knocked on her chest plate "I was never really much for finesse." she said blankly "anyway, it was stupid of me to travel at night in this area, I made a bad call..." she said with a sigh.

"that you did" a man's voice echoed. Killjoy quickly got up and drew her crossbow, firing 3 bolts into a dark corner. Suddenly, a man, pale as winter's snow appeared right in front of Killjoy throwing a punch but was blocked as a small shockwave was emitted from the force. Killjoy quickly punch him in the chest making him skid back. "Impressive for a mortal..." he said with a chuckle "such strength..." 

Killjoy aimed her crossbow at the vampire but something felt odd. "wait...I've seen you before..." she said trying to remember. The vampire laughed "of course, you're the one that left my head rolling on the floor few years back, after I killed your friends. If only you had what was needed to actually kill me."

Killjoy growled "You want round b|tch? hope you can do more than just stand there scared." She looked at Oakly "time to put everything you learned to the test."

"oh you have a friend...how wonderful, I was getting thirsty." the vampire said laughing as he rushed  forward punching Killjoy into a wall then lunging towards Oakly going in for a slash with his claws.

Oakly ducked down, his right hand lit up with electricity, as he jabbed the Vampire right in the side, instantly a pulse of lightning shot through the Vampires body. Oakly jumped back drawing his daggers, "Theres more where that came from you walking leech."

The vampire put a hand on his side and chuckled "well...isn't that a surprise, a human that can harness electricity. A rare gift." he said with a sadistic smile before he suddenly appeared besides Oakly and punching him sending him crashing into the pews. Suddenly a bolt hit the Vampire's left shoulder as the silver tip burned his flesh, her cursed as he ripped the bolt out and charged just to be kneed in the gut. Black mist swirled around Killjoy's arm as she punch the Vampire in the face slamming him into a wall. Killjoy quickly drew her sword as the chains spun. Killjoy charged as the chains screamed, the vampire quickly clashed with her with his sword. "you both fight well...I was starting to get bored." he sneered.

The vampire growled in pain as the silver burned along with the electricity nearly cooking his insides, The vampire backhanded Oakly away. "got you..." Killjoy said as her sword tore through his right armor as it fell to floor and then followed by the left as blood spewed from all sides. The vampire screamed in agony as he fell to his knees. Killjoy kicked him to the floor and started to crush his throat with her foot "that's a better position don't you agree?" she said keeping the pressure on the vampire's throat. "you wh0re!" the vampire manage to choked desperately trying to wiggle his way out from under Killjoy's boot. "really...those are going to be your last words?" she said with a menacing grin as she was feeling something she hasn't felt in a long time. Killjoy chuckled as she leaned close to the Vampire's face "I do believe those are the wrong choice of words..." she said with a blood curling giggle as the chained blades ripped through the Vampire's chest making him scream until the life slowly drained out of him, blood spurted on Killjoy's face as she kept laughing quietly. The screams finally stopped as Killjoy removed her sword "He's dead...dead.....dead....kill them..." she whispered as she fell to her knee grabbing her head grunting in pain as the feeling subsided. She looked at Oakly but quickly looked away "I...hoped you'd never see that...ever."

Archived