The Night Hunters (private)

Killjoy

"That may not be the case for her, remember what Shadow said, if this Horseman thing is true and she really is War, she will become immortal. There is still a long road ahead, and the only thing that can kill a Horseman is something secret, probably held close to the other Horseman. Though...." Luna looked at Killjoy with overwhelming fear "will they even get a chance...if everything I have read about the Horseman is true, then War is the strongest of them all, the force behind the other three's existence. Could they possibly stop such power once she has awakened, could anything stand a chance against the destruction she will unleash upon the world, or is humanity ultimately lost? We destroy one great threat, but we unleash something worse..." She looked at Stryker "We bring light to the world shrouded in darkness to engulf it in blood and hellfire. If and when she awakens, I'm afraid we will all be helpless to stop her..." her voice shook "And I can't decide on which fate is scarier." She sat down "or world of wolves and sheep...or a world of ash." Luna took a deep breathe " and our only hope is the strength of Red's almost shattered mind, but like you said before...life isn't fair...this is the hand we were dealt and our only choice is to work with what we got. I suppose all things come to an end...so let us cling to the small sliver of hope and ride the storm."

• Replies 597
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"Could she beat the other three by herself? What if the books are false? Luna, I think we should ask Killjoy to give up her power. It's obvious she's not getting any better with it, and if what you say is true, then she shouldn't have it at all. Why is she chosing this Power over you?" Stryker asked heatedly, realizing his emotions had flared up a little, he sighed deeply. "My Apologies, I'm only speaking my mind."

Shadows and Caesars ears twitched as thy conversed with Kasey and Tavi about battle strategy. Hazel kept Ally and Vi busy with talks about her time with Oakly, and Trax sat still in his chair, his forehead creased in deep thought.

Luna just smiled faintly "even if she wanted to...i believe it's too late to give up her powers. Besides, Doing so would put our future at risk, it's a double edged sword Stryker. I understand your frustration, I truly do...but out of the time you have been here, evsn you know she a knack for pulling through tough situations. She's not choosing her powers over me, she's choosing humanity over me, and I don't blame her, because I don't know if I could do the same...call me selfish. Our time is short...right now we have two choices and a wildcard, that's it...we got nothing else. Killjoy made a choice, she knows the risks and we do too. I choose to have faith that she will pull through for us. I support her decision..." she said standing up "an d we have to trust her." She said quietly before walking out if the infirmary.

Shadow appeared right in front of Luna, no longer the child-adult he was before, "Thats not entirely true, even after she awakens, we can still transfer the helm. All we really need, is her approval, and the recipients approval. There's a lot ypu don't know about us, and assuming is just plain ignorant." Stryker was half way out of his seat, but the Head Nurse was already holding him back, any act now would do no good. Shadow glanced past Luna to look at Killjoy, "I have no doubt she can pull through, but as a Horsemen, she will never know Peace."

Luna growled "I'm not assuming anything, do you really think Killjoy would freely give her powers away after she awakens? You are a fool if you think that's a possibility. You say I'm ignorant!?" She yelled now angry "when the time comes when she awakens, I believe a part of her we have yet to see will be unleashed and none of you will be able to stop her from destroying this world. So yes I also believe it is too late to transfer the powers. I may not know a lit about the Horseman, but I know Killjoy, and your plan won't work." She walked around Shadow "now excuse me..."

The walls and ceiling began to shake, as if being slowly forced out, "No Princess, you are a fool, if you believe for even a second that she alone can destroy this world." Now it was Strykers turn to protect the Nurse as a dark aura covered Shadows body, his glowed red behind it. "You better hope this other side of Killjoy comes out when she dawns the helm of War, cause when that happens..." Shadow looked over his shoulder with a wicked grin bareing his fangs, "I will kill her personally, just so I can shut you up." With that he wasted away into flies and vanished. Stryker sighed deeply, he noticed he was sweating a little, and his muscles were still tense. "That is some power...."

Caesar and Trax paused for a moment and exchanged a glance before continuing on, 'Shadow has left, the rest is up to us', they thought together in unison.

Luna was unfazed, she chuckled "am I the only one who knows what she's capable of? He acts like it's easy to kill her. Is it just because I don't understand from a weak mortal's perspective, is there something I'm missing, something I just can't see beyond human capabilities?" She asked no one in particular I-" she was interrupted by metal creaking and groaning as she looked at Killjoy still unconscious but the sides of the bed were being crushed in her grip as the black aura surrounded her body as if Shadows words were heard. "You call her a fool, but yet She's right." The voice echoed in Shadows head "how could you, one if the weakest if the four have any hope of killing me? I will end this world and you won't stop me. You will be nothing but an insect under my boot as I crush you into oblivion along with miserable brothers, because of you, I had to wait another 200 years to be released into this world once more and it won't happen again." The tone was still calm, almost like a disappointed mother "Though I admire your...wrecklace confidence." Large glowing crimson eyes glared in the back of Shadows mind "Though I must admit, I do look forward to your...personal attention, so I can show you just how futile your plan is. Maybe then that smug attitude you have will change." And like that the presence disappeared.  Killjoy began to relax as the aura dispersed. "What was that?" She asked herself "Could she hear the conversation the whole time?"

Stryker didnt even nother answering, he already felt insignificant as it was, no amount of training could stand him amongst such powerful beings. The Nurse looked over Killjoy, "Her body may have shut down, but no doubt her brain is fully conscious, she heard every bit."

Shadow appeared inside a cave, his aura still looming over him, "I want to end her Brother, I am done being underestimated over and over again by such dumb rabble! Please let me do it now! Before She awakens and she becomes a problem!" He argued angrily. Famine looked up from his spot on the cave floor, "Still yourself Shadow, such behavior is beneath you. Let her be, in fact, I welcome it. The world has gotten stale lately, half the time we don't even have to lift a finger because the worlds populations just kills itself. Our Sister wants to destroy the world? Let her make the attempt. I seriously welcome it," Shadow flinched as he saw the challenge in Famine's eyes, the fire of life ignited again, "I haven't felt this alive in decades!" Shadow swallowed nervously, if this was Famine being serious, He hoped he'd never see Caesar when he was serious.

Tavi peaked in, "Luna, Caesar says he needs to speak with you, in private. Says it's important."

Luna sighed as she looked at the Nurse "be sure she gets the rest she needs, this is the first time I've ever seen her with her eyes closed without twitching from a nightmare, for once, she seems to be peaceful. I think Stryker left some cigarettes in the dining room, if you wouldn't getting them for when she wakes?" She asked as she walked out of the infirmary. Luna entered the room Ceasar was in "I heard that you wished to speak with me? Though before we discuss, I must apologize if my argument with Shadow disturbed you in anyway. I got a little heated is all."

Caesar turned around with his eyes filled crimson red, the amber in his eyes glowed like fire, the door behind Luna slammed shut. Caesar blinked and His eyes returned to normal, a calming smile slid across his face, "No apology needed Love, aggression is a natural emotiong to every living, a She-wolf will bare her fangs when her Pack is threatened. Shadow has only ever known the Horsemen to be Family, Famine is the closest thing to a Father for him. Enough about past transgressions, I called you here because I want to ask you something." He sat down and placed is left ankle on top of his right knee, "When all this is over, and Equestria is returned to it's Former leadership, and I mean Both of it's Leaderships. What will become of the Vampire population, good, and bad? Please, think carefully about this, the fate of Equestria rests entirely on your answer, Princess Luna."

Still in the dining room, Trax strained to listen in, but found he couldn't hear anything. Tavi walked away but couldn't even hear the door shut behind her.

Luna thought for a moment "I suppose that's a question worth asking. The answer to that question is I don't know, if they were just like mortal people, it would be easy to answer. The vampire population is something I feel that humans just aren't ready for to coexist, at least not right now, maybe in a few centuries, hell maybe a few millenias where all humans have the means to stand as equals to Vampires... I am more than motivated to work things out with the Vampires, but...the only thing I can think of its give the Vampire population in Equestria enough land to live comfortably until humankind is ready for them. Of course we will have open trade between our people, along with negotiations for an alternative food source for them to use." She answered as she sat down in a chair "it's truly up to them if they wish to negotiate peace between our people. I have a feeling that once Malacath is out of the way, you will be taking charge?" She asked putting her hands together "I assume that's the reason of your threatening words towards my decision?" She looked Ceasar straight in the eyes showing no fear "The "bad" vampires is none of my concern, but is your responsibility to discipline them in whatever way you see fit. So here's MY question what are YOU willing to do to make sure your kind stays in the land they will be given, and what can your kind do to contribute to the Kingdom of Equestria?"

Caesar chuckled and waved off the idea, "You mistake my intent, I have no desire to lead let alone rule the Vampire population. No, there is another who will be taking that role, one who has walked among them longer and has their respect. As for wether or not Humans should know of their existence, don't you think thats a little late? I mean afterall, Canterlot is under Vampire control, the people are very well aware now. What concerns me, is why you think Humans shouldn't know of Vampires?" He stood up now, "Thousands of years ago, before Vampires went to ground and their existence was thought to be just myth, Humans knew they were real. They fought each other, fought beside each other, and the Humans survived regardless. I have lived among humans for many many centuries, and I have learned one important thing, to not underestimate their will to Survive. Whatever adversary they came against, they adapted to defeat them, and they did it by learning about them. Know thy self, and know thy enemy, and victory is assured. Now, do you have such little faith in you're species?" He sighed and approached Luna, his amber eyes glistened, yet not a single movement was threatening in any manner.

Luna smirked "I never said Vampires should be kept secret. Yes long ago you say that our species have once lived together. It's obvious that was a time long forgotten in human history." She stood to meet Ceasar's gaze " and this capture if Canterlot only strengthens my plan to separate our people until some agreement can be made, not only that, humans are prejudice creatures, and you know this. To keep peace between us, we should stay on our own sides before we know both of our people can accept coexistence. When it come to politics, I don't need faith, I need knowledge if the human nature. Right now humans aren't ready live next door to their enemy, not yet. This is my decision Ceasar. We both want peace, but that takes time and communication, years of it. I don't know what it was like all those years ago, but things have changed, the way we now do things have changed...for the sake of a peaceful future, I heavily advise going with my plan." She said confidently and with authority "we have move slow, human progress is comprised entirely on baby steps."

Caesar smiled and chuckled lightly, his eyes looked over her with familiarity and... a sudden flicker of sadness? "Very well my dear, I will enjoy seeing how this strategy plays out. You remind me so much of your Mother, beautiful, full of heart, and always wanting to do whats best for her people." He touched Luna's cheek with the back of his fingers, brushing her hair back, "If she hadn't already been betrothed to your Father..." He backed away clearing his throat, for a split second, his amber eyes seemed to water. "The Horsemen intend to burn down Equestria, to pave way for a new era, that is why Killjoy and Trax have been passed the Helms. However, I will stop them, under one condition."

Luna wasnt going to pursue the subject of her parents, it wasn't the time or place for such conversation. "Ok on the chance you ARE able to stop them, what is the condition of such a goal?" She asked crossing her arms.

Caesar smirked, "On the chance? Love, you have no idea." He walked over to a desk and picked up a picture frame, he stared at it for a good 30 seconds before set it down and turned it so it was facing Luna. The picture featured Celestia and Luna during their mid twenties, it was the Lunar Eclipse Festival, one of the happiest celebrations in Equestria. "I want you to introduce me to your Sister, I rather fancy her smile."

Malacath approached the thrones, where Celestia sat with a cold stare into the abyss. "You should smile sometime deary, I'm told it shines as bright as the sun." Malacath told her as he sat down. Celestia's hands gripped the arm rests, "As long as Equestria is at the mercy of you and your Vampires, I will never smile, that I promise you." She replied icily. Malacath frowned, "When my Daughter comes back home, you better break that promise, or your precious humans get turned into cattle." 

Treachery lifted his cut hand from the large bowl of blood as it was being drained from below, "That will be enough, start the transfer." At his command, the blood filling into a large glass beaker began to flow through another tube and into a smaller beaker to which it was slowly being fed into a smaller tube, this small tube led into a five way split. These five small tubes, with large needles at the end of each, each needle was then inserted into Oakly four limbs. The fifth needle was held by Treachery as he walked up to the boy, "Now, we will test your true resolve. The last time we did something like this, the subject died by choking on his own blood, a real mess. Funny, I never really thought of children, but the idea now is quite exciting. A son to raise and call my own, and unlike Trax, I will always be there for you." Suddenly Treachery jabbed the fifth needle into Oaklys heart, and the blood began to seep through into his body. Oakly awoke with a cry of agony, his veins began to glow, and his eyes flooded red. 

Celestia flinched at the sound, instantly knowing who it was, a tear fell from her cheek. "You Monster..."

Luna scoffed "I hope she gets a choice in that matter, this isn't ancient times where princesses are married for political gain. Sure I can introduce you, but she's a free woman and can choose what she wants. So with that said, you will meet my sister...IF you're able to stop them, I hear that phrase often, that I have no idea...but for forgive me if I sell you a little short. Yes your one of the original vampires, but what you're facing the bringers of the apocalypse. To take on such a power is beyond comprehension. Though who am I to stand in your way... I would advise against it, but you seem determined to take overwhelming odds, like with Killjoy, I'm completely helpless to intervene." She sighed "Well before I take my leave, is there anything you need to discuss?"

Caesar went serious for a moment, "Actually, there is something. Did... Did She ever mention anything about me? Your Mother?" He asked softly as if pleading desperately for the answer his heart seeked, but he waved it off, "Apologies, it's not my place to ask, forgive me Love." He said quickly before heading to the door.

Luna glanced back at Ceasar "I'll tell you, but on one condition... I'll tell you every word she has ever said if you stop the Horsemen, if not...you can hear it all from her if you Vampires can go to an afterlife. Suppose it's up to you which person you wish to hear the words from, whoever would say it better." She said before finally leaving.

Luna sighed "Well the last of the Black Legion should be here any day now, and when they do, we will begin the assault to take back Canterlot, the end game is almost here, and we will be getting Oakly back and we will all be a family and live out our lives in peace." She said in confidence.

Killjoy's eyes slowly opened, she looked around noticing she was in the infirmary, she sat up holding her head "again feels like I've spent all night drinking and waking up wmti the worst hangover..." She said to herself as she turned dangling her legs off the the edge. She noticed the cigarettes by the bed and took one and lighting it. She inhaled deep letting the smoke fill her lungs before exhaling in a long sigh. "It's almost time..."

Hazel hugged her mother, "I've decided, and don't try to stop me, but I will going with Killjoy and Trax to the Castle."

"Indeed it is, can't believe I'm saying this, but it's good to have you back." Trax said from the doorway.

Luna sighed "I figured as much, it seems like I'm just powerless to stop anyone, though Red is already going to war and I can't see you go too, I couldn't hate it if anything happened to either of you, I can't imagine if something happened to both of you. Though...im not the one you should be telling that to... I didn't get Red's advice last time, and it should be up to her, it's out of my hands. I know she will be more objecting to it, but she deserves to know."

Killjoy took another drag "better enjoy it while it lasts, no idea how long I'll be here... I know you've sensed it, heard it. There is something else entirely...something there that...has so much power...such strength. There is something else clawing through my body, while I was out, I didn't see the things I usually saw, I just saw fire, piles of ash miles high and red sky as blood showered on scared and scorched earth, skulls creating mountains." She glanced at Trax "for once, I fear this presence."

Trax nodded, "That would be the First War, his conscience is passed on through each life, as well as the power He carries. It's a side effect each of us have to deal with, I can barely sleep without having vision of everyone dying around me. You were just unlucky to have the most aggressive one, based out of violence and wrath. Truly, I don't evny you." He ended with a sigh before taking a flask from his pocket and took a drink, "Went back to the flask, I know, big shocker." He said sarcastically.

Hazel threw on a face of determination, "It won't matter, nothing is keeping me from rescuing Oakly, not even Her."

Killjoy sighed "then I think you know as much as I do...that if she comes out, you MUST kill me at all cost, I don't think I have tell you what will happen if you don't, I'm pretty sure our new friend Ceasar will also try" she said taking another drag "might be asking too much, but it's all I got." She exhaled a large cloud of smoke "I can feel it, my mind is at the brink of collapse, I don't have much time left to be myself..."

Luna sighed "maybe so, but she is your mother too, and you need to let her know your intentions." She said in her motherly tone.

Archived