The Night Hunters (private)

Killjoy

Trax took a bigger swig this time, "I know told you already, that if anyone is going to kill you, it will be me. Although, are you so sure you can't beat this?"

Hazel nodded, "I will make sure she knows my intentions."

• Replies 597
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Killjoy sighed taking another drag "if I thought I could...I wouldn't be asking such a favor of you. I admit it, this is something I feel is beyond me... of course I'm going to fight, and try the best I can, but it's not a guarantee that I'll come out of this on top." She stood up "nor do I feel that I'll live through this."

"Then make sure you say your goodbyes, it'll haunt you for eternity if you don't, trust me." Trax told her solemnly before leaving down the hall. A moment later Hazel entered with Caesar behind her, the entrance together was purely coincidental. Hazel spoke first with a determined frown, "I'm sorry Mommy, but I'm going with you and Trax into the castle, wether you like it not." Caesar actually looked surprised to hear this, he started scratching his chin as if contemplating a plan.

Suddenly as if by reflex, Killjoy's hand slammed into the side if the bed she was laying on as it buckled and faltered from such force as the twisted mangled remains of the bed collided into the wall. Killjoy quickly got a hold of herself, she wasn't expecting such a statement. Though end the end, she knew it was to be expected. She knew that Hazel had every right to come along, especially if what she said about Oakly is true. Killjoy let out a deep rotatable sigh in defeat "fine...on ONE condition, you do not leave my sight and you stand by my side at all times, if you insist on coming along, those are my terms, no ifs, ands, or buts. That is the only way I'll let you God she said sternly.

Hazel opened her mouth to argue but Caesar put her back lightly and stepped forward, "I know it is not my place to step between family matters, but you should trust your daughter more than that. She is more than capable of protecting herself, especially being Malacaths biological daughter and her mothers bloodline, which so happens to be from yours truly. The matter is up to you Luv, but you must know your daughter is strong enough to keep up." He explained silverly.

Killjoy glared at Ceasar "You are correct, it's not your place. Hazel is MY daughter and I can't imagine what I would do if I lost her. You have the nerve to say I don't put all my trust in her." She clinched her fists trying hard to keep back her rage "it's my duty as a mother to keep my child safe, no excuses. I don't care what she is capable of, what kind of parent would I be if I can't after her, I made that mistake once, and I absolutely refuse to make it twice. Like I said, those are my terms..." she said walking passed them opening the door to leave "you have every right to go with us, but not choosing how. I'm sorry, but that's how it has to be, for mine and Luna's sake, especially for Oakly's sake." She said quietly before walking out all the way as the door closed behind her.

Hazel sighed deeply, half annoyed but half  feeling victorious in being able to at least go along. She then looked at Caesar curiously, "We're related?" Caesar nodded unphased by Killjoys words, "I believe you are my great great great ... great granddaughter, on your Mothers side. Malacath is part of my Sister legacy, the only of my family besides me to have children, he is my great great great nephew." He explained simply. Hazel looked at him strangly, "We're a weird race." Caesar rolled his eyes, "You have no idea."

Killjoy walked down the halls for a moment before being stopped by Luna standing at the end of the hallway. "I'm guessing she told you..." Luna said quietly dipping her head. Killjoy sighed "she did..." she replied. Luna looked up avoiding eye contact "and...?" She asked. "I said fine... on the condition that she sticks close to me through the entire battle, never to leave my sight." Killjoy said rubbing the back if her head. "Did she say anything?" Luna asked. Killjoy shook her head "wouldn't have mattered, it was non negotiable." She answered. Luna nodded understanding the situation, tears started to roll down her cheeks "both of you come back...promise me." She said clinching her fists. Killjoy sighed "you know I can't do that..." she said looking away. "And why not!?" Luna yelled "why!?". Killjoy looked at Luna "Because I can't promise for myself... Because what waits for me...I'll never know." She said gritting her teeth "I don't know I'll make it through this." She admitted. Luna just stood there silently, not knowing what to say. Her body started to drop but was caught as Killjoy held her into her arms. Luna just resistant very little as she started to sob. Killjoy could do nothing but hold Luna tightly."

In the days that followed, the last of the Black Legionnaires had finally arrived. The last group to show up, reported being ambushed enroute. They lost 13 out of 32 total. Kasey now entered the war room, where Killjoy, Trax, Luna, Father Shade, Tavi, Hazel, and Caesar, stood around a large table map of Equestria. Following Kasey in, were the top brass of the Black Legion, already well acquainted with the young man. "The last group to arrive was ambushed, lost thirteen good men, the attacker was Violence. Seems he figured out how they were getting around to form up here." He reported intently. Caesar backed up from the table, he wouldn't take part in the planning, it wasn't his place to assist. Tavi moved a block over to their forces and then moved a blue colored block to the same, "Black Ops has also arrived and are prepping the secret weapons as we speak. Trax's scouting of Canterlots wall has given us pre-coordinated locations of enemy Artillery to take out." She said as she placed smaller blocks along the wall around Canterlot. Trax looked up at Killjoy, "Also, the secret entrance to the Castle is still that, I'm sure they're expecting us but not from within." 

Killjoy looked at the table "we also just lost the element if the unknown, in the ambush, I'm sure Violence gauged the strength of the Black Legion... so now we might have a harder time getting through, it's safe to say the vampires will have an idea of how this army works." She thought for a moment "like before, we will hit the outer wall defenses with our trebuchets before marching through that wide field, Kasey will take half of the forces during nightfall to get them in position into the secret entrance, wait till morning and I'll lead the frontal attack on the city, while the vampires are distracted, Kasey will take his force into the city. At that point in time, Kasey, your mission will be getting that gate open. After that it will just be a close quarters brawl to the throne room. From there, the Legion will stay outside and make sure nothing gets in while me, Trax, Stryker, Hazel, and Solar will enter the throne room and end this." Killjoy said looking at the group "at least my input, anyone else have any suggestions?" 

Tavi pointed to block which she had placed as the Equestrian Black Ops, "Don't forget, we also have wall-breaker, the Black Ops' latest weapon. A giant bolt will punch a hole into the wall. A few second after impact the bolt, filled with black powder, will make that section of the wall vanish." She explained thoroughly. Kasey shrugged, "Aiming it at the gate will do as well, we have three bolts ready, a fourth can be finished during the fight and fired at your choosing." 

• 6 months later...

Killjoy nodded "then there is nothing else to be said about this, we have prepared to the fullest extent and now we must put everything we have gathered to action. We will all mobilize tomorrow, and in one week we will be facing the gates of OUR city. We will engage in what could be called the most gruesome battle in all of equestrian history, maybe even the world. I guarantee we will not come out of this without paying a high price, so I want all of you to be prepared for that, face it without hesitation and keep going, one moment can be the difference of victory and total annihilation...so be ready for anything and everything there is to come. There will be no second chances, no redo, do...or die. Now all of you get some rest, I want everyone at their peak in the morning, and make sure all appointed captains get their communication orbs from Shade. That will be our advantage, our ability to communicate instantly will be greatly essential, so don't forget them." she said with authority. Luna nodded and smirked "said like a true General of the Black Legion," she looked at everyone "Like she said, the fate of the world rests upon our victory, lets not fail them." she said softly.

Ceasar looked on with a look of deja-vu, in his lifetime, he has seen many battles take place. However, this one takes the cake, He was deeply interested in the outcome of this war. His eyes then wandered over to look at Killjoy, “This will be an entertaining era for me, no matter the outcome, especially concerning you.” He said quietly stepping back into the shadows. 

Trax watched as Kasey and Tavi spoke with the top brass of the Black Legion, he considered going over to them, but instead took his leave of the room. A few scouting runs of the city could provide some updated info.

Hazel walked up to Killjoy, grabbing her clothing and leaning against her, “Momma, why couldn’t I protect him? Why couldn’t I save Oakly?” She whispered chokingly, her attempts at trying to stay strong were failing with every breath.

Killjoy looked down at Hazel "it's not your fault..." Killjoy paused for a minute before finally swallowing her pride "even I would have had a lot of trouble...I did have a lot of trouble...protecting him...protecting the both of you." she said gritting her teeth as the earlier defeat dug back into her heart. "but this time....this time we will gt him back, this I swear to you. I will not stop fighting until he is free." she said reassuringly. "until we are all...free" 

Hazel put her arms around Killjoy's waist, hugging tightly, "It should have been me, at least I could survive whatever torture they do to him, but he's just human..."

Treachery stepped back as he withdrew the needles from Oakly's body, the chains holding Oakly suspended were released, "I can't say I'm not surprised, Malacath's research paid off, all we needed was a strong enough bloodline." Treachery spoke as Oakly seemed to fall limp to the ground, but at the last second he landed in a kneeling posture, the ground beneath him crackling under the pressure. Oakly rose to his feet, opening his eyes, his blue iris's remained, but the whites of his eyes were now flooded with crimson blood. Treachery stood aside as Malacath entered with the other Priests, Celestia at Malacaths side covered her mouth in horror. A smirk slid across Malacaths face, "This is going to be an entertaining battle indeed."

Killjoy sighed "It will take a lot more than that to destroy the son of Death himself, besides, I trained him to be tougher than steel. He'll survive everything they throw at him and more. That...I'm very confident in saying."

The morning sun rose over the horizon, the dawn has finally come. Killjoy stood in front of her Black Legion, her freshly forged ebony steel armor glistened in the light. The air was chilled as the winter was rolling in. Killjoy took a deep breathe letting the cold air fill her lungs before exhaling watching her breath turn visible white flowing with the breeze. The Black legion stood motionless awaiting patiently for their commander's orders. Flashbacks of the old days flooded her mind, it felt like an eternity ago since she saw such a fighting force behind her. She once again the General of an army, waging yet another brutal war. She quickly shook the thoughts out of her head "focus idiot...just last a little longer...keep pushing." she whispered to herself before looking back to see everyone was accounted for. "LEGION....MARCH!"

((we can skip to the next week, let you do Malacath's reparations for the invasion.))

Malacath sat back in his chair, Celestia beside him, dressed in a black neighpong style with gold trimming, Malacath wearing a similar style. The two were out on a balcony built specially to face the battlefield in front of Canterlot’s main gate. Far below them, atop the massively fortified wall, stood Violence, flanked by several great Vampire commanders. The other Priests were not seen, most likely set up in waiting. Violence raised his hand, then lowered it in a chopping motion, instantly a deadly rain of arrows and rocks flew over the wall at the Black Legion. An army of feral and bloodlusted vampires stood at the foot of the wall, growling and hissing with anger. Without warning, Violence was on the battlefield, making a B-line for the first rank of Legion soldiers. However, what he wasn’t expecting, was Hazel at his side, her right palm at his abdomen. Hazels palm burried into him, she took a single step and sent him flying the opposite direction, crashing into the first ranks of the vampire army. Hazel stood firm as the Legion passed her by, her eyes wide with rage, “Don’t underestimate me.” 

Tavi stood with Luna, Ceasar and Shadow behind them, patiently standing with interested eyes. Tavi leaned to Luna, “Hazel is quite the powerhouse, wonder who she gets that from?” 

Trax stepped up and stood just behind Killjoy, his scythe held behind him, “Black Op’s will fire the first bolt at your command, the first explosion will signal Kasey to lead his force in.” He paused as he thought about his potential fight against Treachery and Fraud, “Malacath wields a cross guarded rapier, no doubt he knows how to use it, be careful of his combined attacks.” He warned her.

Within the castle, Heresy approached Lust and Gluttony, “Where are the Omega Guard and Greed? They weren’t where they’re supposed to be.” He asked grumpily. Lust shrugged while Gluttony just stared off in utter silence. Heresy growled and looked off, “Somethings off here, especially with that Greed.”

Luna chuckled as she looked at Tavi with a smirk "I think we both know the answer to that question my dear friend, she was raised and taught by the best, like mother like daughter." she said simply as she found Killjoy among the crowd of legionnaires "Red's aptitude for combat and Hazels vampire strength is a deadly combination. strategic brute force is definitely her specialty. It's quite under rated these days...as war progressed, that tactic was seen more and more as barbarism. They may be right...but what they always get wrong is that in the right hands, its unbeatable, at least for a few more years to come."

Killjoy stood on the hillside her sword standing in the ground as her hands rested on the pommel, her crimson cape flowed with the wind. She looked at Trax and gave him a nod "very good, give the signal to fire once my half of the legion reaches the outer walls, but make sure they don't hit my men, its gonna be close." she said as she pulled her sword up ready to move in "you go with your son and make sure to make it as easy as possible for them to get through. I'll meet you at the castle gates." and with that, Killjoy started her descent down the hillside before bursting into a full sprint towards the enemy lines.

The Black Legion did not hesitate as they formed a phalanx letting the arrows bounce off their shields. Spears sticking out of every opening as the mass of soldiers moved up. 

The ferals hit the wall of steel before quickly getting impaled by the legionnaire spears. Vampire bodies fell in rhythm with each step of the legion. The soldiers advance leaving trails of corpses in their wake. "WHAT IS IT TO BE BLACK LEGIONNAIRES!?!?" one of the captains cried "IT IS TO BE DEATH!!!" the Legion answered "WHAT IS IT TO BE DEATH!?" another captain yelled "TO BE THE DESTROYER, THE END OF ALL THINGS!!!" the Legion answered. "WHAT IS IT TO END LIFE!?" the captains yelled now in unison "IT IS AN HONOR, TO BE THE EXECUTIONERS!!!" the Legion answered "WHY DO WE FIGHT!!??" the captains screamed "TO PROTECT AND DELIVER MANKIND FROM ALL THAT IS EVIL!!" the Legion answered "WHAT IS THE EVIL!?!?" the captains cried "A BLIGHT TO BE PURGED, AND WE ARE THE FLAME, WE ARE THE PRINCESSES' HAMMER!!!" the Legion answered. The ferals fell quickly to their superior foe.

Tavi nodded in agreement, Ally and Vi poked their heads out from behind the two women, their eyes wide in shock as they watched battle rage on.

Trax nodded and gave a signal to the Black Ops Lieutenant, then flickered away. The Lieutenant yelled out orders as Black Ops soldiers prepped the large ballista, taking careful aim at the front gate, knowing they had friendlies in close proximity.

Hazel met with Killjoy, running beside her, "Violence is going to try and break the line, give his feral army a chance to swarm in."

Kasey stood in the brush, his eyes keenly trained on the black door, the secret entrance into Canterlot. The small army of Black Legion Soldiers waited patiently behind Kasey, ready to move at a moments notice.

Violence stood up and wiped a little blood from his mouth, "I guess I'd be disappointed if Malacath's daughter wasn't able to best me like that, Lust may have gotten a little power boost, but we still haven't seen her full power yet." He paused as he heard screaming, looking up he saw Gluttony leap over head, "What is she doing?"

Gluttony gleamed wide eyed as she easily broke through the Phalanx line, making a B-line for Killjoy, but she didnt get any further as she halted to dodge a thrown axe. She turned in time to see Stryker rush her with great speed, but wasn't fast enough to defend against his bash. Gluttony flew back over the wall, with Stryker following by a chain wrapped around the Priestess. Violence started back towards the wall, after seeing the ferals attempt to breaking the enemy lines but failing dramatically, "You may win this battle, but you will not win what comes after." He said darkly as he sped back towards the Castle.

Killjoy watched violence retreat back behind the walls "I wouldn't worry about that, he knows the field is lost. We've won this battle and now gained a foot hold. But what they don't know is that we aren't going through the gate....we will just take down their walls." She said watching the Legion reach the outer walls she quickly glanced at the Ballistas rolling up. "And now...we let the true battle commence." She glanced back at the wall "Hazel... whatever you do..." she looked at Hazel "do not let up, no mercy will come to those in the city. Any slight feeling you might have to those who surrender...get rid of it. They all must die this day. Do you understand?" She asked in a serious tone "we can't afford to let any live...such is war."

"Any Vampire still here is loyal to Malacath, and therefore are at your disposal, besides," Ceasar began as he walked up to them, he paused to move a dead vampire's head with his foot, "These are all fledglings, beyond curing, but yet barred from becoming a full Vampire. They are just pests now." Hazel looked at him for a moment then looked at Canterlot, "Don't worry, anyone who stands between me and My Oakly, has voided their right to live." She said coldly, flexing her hands.

The Vampire Lieutenants roared orders to brace the gate and prepare to fend off the invading army, every Vampire behind the wall were full fledged with real training, stronger than the feral army posted in front of the wall. However, they were not expecting one thing. The giant doors of the main gate rattled as it was hit with a large bolt, planting just through between the crack, between the large doors. The Vampire paused in shock, then were met with a fiery explosion, blasting open the doors and clearing a large are in the opening.

The Black Ops Commander smirked with victory, "Knock, Knock."

Kasey drew his sword as Trax flickered in next to him, "Clear the way, we'll follow behind." Trax smiled, "Will do." Immediately, Trax streamed forward, the door opening from the wind force. His speed increased as he rounded through the tunnel, eventually breaking through the wall that served as the secret exit from the City, There were a few posted squads of Vampires who were caught off guard and killed without warning. Trax paused and stood firm as Kasey led his Black Legions Soldiers past him, and fighting their way through the city.

Malacath frowned as he saw the explosion, Celestia eyed him from the side, "Whats wrong, Deary, something troubling you?" She asked slyly. Malacath then smirked, "I admit that was unseen, but it won't matter, there are bigger obstacles. We'll see how your friends deal with them." He told her darkly, Celestia bit back her retort, 'Please Luna, I hope your Red can defeat this Monster.'

Killjoy eyed Caesar "did you decide you wanted to take part in the action? If you are, you commit to the fight, you either make it your fight or not." she said walking beyond the shattered burning gates being met with vampire soldiers in a line ready to defend their king. Black Legion soldiers reformed their phalanx behind their commander while four soldiers carrying a rather large wooden crate made their through the lines "LEGION DROP SPEARS!" instantly the clatter and clanking of spears being dropped echoed through the courtyard. The four Legion soldiers made their way besides Killjoy, the crate was set down and quickly opened it, there laid a large iron cannon. It was set up to be wielded by a single user. Either side not willing to make a move, they stood as if curios of what was getting pulled out of the crate. Killjoy took hold of the two handles, one in the back and front. Wielded by the hip, Killjoy took aim. . "LEGION PRESENT CROSSBOWS!!" the end of crossbows now peeking through the gaps of the wall of shields laid ready. As Killjoy's order for crossbows, the vampire soldiers finally charged. "LIGHT!!!" Killjoy barked as a  Legionnaire with a torch lit a small fuse behind the iron weapon, as the sparks quickly retreated, a deafening thunderous boom rang out. The large iron slug came rocketing out of the barrel and clearing through five lined up of vampire soldiers, it kept going until it made its way to the large metal doors leading into the inner parts of the city before exploding on impact knocking the metals door down, crushing a few vampire soldiers in the process. Soon a rapid volley of crossbow bolts whizzed by Killjoy into the oncoming soldiers. "ALLY, MAKE SURE THE RIGHT FLANK DOESN'T GET COMPROMISED, I'LL TAKE THE LEFT!" Killjoy dropped the cannon and drew her sword. "LEGION, ONCE YOU ARE OUT OF BOLTS, DRAW YOUR SWORDS AND PREPARE FOR CLOSE ENGAGEMENT!" The Legion replied in a war cry, as one line shot their volley, the line behind them moved up to fire their volley and the process repeated making its an endless onslaught of bolts. The Legion pushed up slowly down the streets. Killjoy knew they would keep the more trained soldiers guarding the walls, both lines of their defense would be crushed, however she knew the further they made it through Canterlot, the difficulty would be raised dramatically.

Ceasar chuckled as he watched, “I already did more than I should have.”

Back at the rear, the Black Ops and Black Legion Soldiers posted at the artillery line, stared in disbelief at the carnage of dead Vampire Soldiers behind them. Tavi kept her hands on the backs of Ally and Vi as she held them close to her, “What did I just witness?” She asked to Luna with a nervous expression. Shadow just stood in the middle of the carnage, never having moved during the entire scene, giving the two women an innocent smile. Ceasar, gracefully removed any threat without hesitation.

Stryker slid the down the street, his axes up from blocking a heavy hit, Gluttony rushed him again with a furry of strikes and then switching to a heavy kick. This time, Stryker pivoted around her leg and bashed her into a wall, but the Vampire Priestess was far stronger than him, his hit barely damaging her. “Your out of your league Scandian, you have no old power, no gift, or curse, just a normal human trying to take on a Goddess!” Her words spoke the truth, in comparison, he was a Hare, and Gluttony was the powerful Wolf. Stryker stilled himself, He’d decided to kill this Vampire, even at the cost of his life.

Archived