Killjoy

The Night Hunters (private)

Trax took a bigger swig this time, "I know told you already, that if anyone is going to kill you, it will be me. Although, are you so sure you can't beat this?"

Hazel nodded, "I will make sure she knows my intentions."

Killjoy sighed taking another drag "if I thought I could...I wouldn't be asking such a favor of you. I admit it, this is something I feel is beyond me... of course I'm going to fight, and try the best I can, but it's not a guarantee that I'll come out of this on top." She stood up "nor do I feel that I'll live through this."

"Then make sure you say your goodbyes, it'll haunt you for eternity if you don't, trust me." Trax told her solemnly before leaving down the hall. A moment later Hazel entered with Caesar behind her, the entrance together was purely coincidental. Hazel spoke first with a determined frown, "I'm sorry Mommy, but I'm going with you and Trax into the castle, wether you like it not." Caesar actually looked surprised to hear this, he started scratching his chin as if contemplating a plan.

Suddenly as if by reflex, Killjoy's hand slammed into the side if the bed she was laying on as it buckled and faltered from such force as the twisted mangled remains of the bed collided into the wall. Killjoy quickly got a hold of herself, she wasn't expecting such a statement. Though end the end, she knew it was to be expected. She knew that Hazel had every right to come along, especially if what she said about Oakly is true. Killjoy let out a deep rotatable sigh in defeat "fine...on ONE condition, you do not leave my sight and you stand by my side at all times, if you insist on coming along, those are my terms, no ifs, ands, or buts. That is the only way I'll let you God she said sternly.

Hazel opened her mouth to argue but Caesar put her back lightly and stepped forward, "I know it is not my place to step between family matters, but you should trust your daughter more than that. She is more than capable of protecting herself, especially being Malacaths biological daughter and her mothers bloodline, which so happens to be from yours truly. The matter is up to you Luv, but you must know your daughter is strong enough to keep up." He explained silverly.

Killjoy glared at Ceasar "You are correct, it's not your place. Hazel is MY daughter and I can't imagine what I would do if I lost her. You have the nerve to say I don't put all my trust in her." She clinched her fists trying hard to keep back her rage "it's my duty as a mother to keep my child safe, no excuses. I don't care what she is capable of, what kind of parent would I be if I can't after her, I made that mistake once, and I absolutely refuse to make it twice. Like I said, those are my terms..." she said walking passed them opening the door to leave "you have every right to go with us, but not choosing how. I'm sorry, but that's how it has to be, for mine and Luna's sake, especially for Oakly's sake." She said quietly before walking out all the way as the door closed behind her.

Hazel sighed deeply, half annoyed but half  feeling victorious in being able to at least go along. She then looked at Caesar curiously, "We're related?" Caesar nodded unphased by Killjoys words, "I believe you are my great great great ... great granddaughter, on your Mothers side. Malacath is part of my Sister legacy, the only of my family besides me to have children, he is my great great great nephew." He explained simply. Hazel looked at him strangly, "We're a weird race." Caesar rolled his eyes, "You have no idea."

Killjoy walked down the halls for a moment before being stopped by Luna standing at the end of the hallway. "I'm guessing she told you..." Luna said quietly dipping her head. Killjoy sighed "she did..." she replied. Luna looked up avoiding eye contact "and...?" She asked. "I said fine... on the condition that she sticks close to me through the entire battle, never to leave my sight." Killjoy said rubbing the back if her head. "Did she say anything?" Luna asked. Killjoy shook her head "wouldn't have mattered, it was non negotiable." She answered. Luna nodded understanding the situation, tears started to roll down her cheeks "both of you come back...promise me." She said clinching her fists. Killjoy sighed "you know I can't do that..." she said looking away. "And why not!?" Luna yelled "why!?". Killjoy looked at Luna "Because I can't promise for myself... Because what waits for me...I'll never know." She said gritting her teeth "I don't know I'll make it through this." She admitted. Luna just stood there silently, not knowing what to say. Her body started to drop but was caught as Killjoy held her into her arms. Luna just resistant very little as she started to sob. Killjoy could do nothing but hold Luna tightly."

In the days that followed, the last of the Black Legionnaires had finally arrived. The last group to show up, reported being ambushed enroute. They lost 13 out of 32 total. Kasey now entered the war room, where Killjoy, Trax, Luna, Father Shade, Tavi, Hazel, and Caesar, stood around a large table map of Equestria. Following Kasey in, were the top brass of the Black Legion, already well acquainted with the young man. "The last group to arrive was ambushed, lost thirteen good men, the attacker was Violence. Seems he figured out how they were getting around to form up here." He reported intently. Caesar backed up from the table, he wouldn't take part in the planning, it wasn't his place to assist. Tavi moved a block over to their forces and then moved a blue colored block to the same, "Black Ops has also arrived and are prepping the secret weapons as we speak. Trax's scouting of Canterlots wall has given us pre-coordinated locations of enemy Artillery to take out." She said as she placed smaller blocks along the wall around Canterlot. Trax looked up at Killjoy, "Also, the secret entrance to the Castle is still that, I'm sure they're expecting us but not from within." 

Killjoy looked at the table "we also just lost the element if the unknown, in the ambush, I'm sure Violence gauged the strength of the Black Legion... so now we might have a harder time getting through, it's safe to say the vampires will have an idea of how this army works." She thought for a moment "like before, we will hit the outer wall defenses with our trebuchets before marching through that wide field, Kasey will take half of the forces during nightfall to get them in position into the secret entrance, wait till morning and I'll lead the frontal attack on the city, while the vampires are distracted, Kasey will take his force into the city. At that point in time, Kasey, your mission will be getting that gate open. After that it will just be a close quarters brawl to the throne room. From there, the Legion will stay outside and make sure nothing gets in while me, Trax, Stryker, Hazel, and Solar will enter the throne room and end this." Killjoy said looking at the group "at least my input, anyone else have any suggestions?" 

Tavi pointed to block which she had placed as the Equestrian Black Ops, "Don't forget, we also have wall-breaker, the Black Ops' latest weapon. A giant bolt will punch a hole into the wall. A few second after impact the bolt, filled with black powder, will make that section of the wall vanish." She explained thoroughly. Kasey shrugged, "Aiming it at the gate will do as well, we have three bolts ready, a fourth can be finished during the fight and fired at your choosing."