The Night Hunters (private)

Killjoy

Oakly dusted himself off, "I believe we all have our demons, should you choose to ask for help, I will be there for you." He told her sheathing his katana, he then held out a hand to Killjoy.

Spring strolled through the woods in the Everfree, humming a soothing upbeat tune, but a crack from behind made her freeze. In one fluid motion, she swung around sending several darts into the brush, a shadowy shape leaped up and over Spring. "Only a Vampire moves with such unnatural grace." She said as she flicked her wrist causing more darts to slid into her hands. The Vampire stood still before rushing in fast, Spring smirked before flipping back and throwing her darts.

A minute later, Spring picked up a yellow flower and put it in her hair, "Ah, feels good to loosen up once in awhile." She chimed before walking down the path again. Behind her, the Vampire lay burning away as Springs silver tipped darts littered his body like quils on a porcupine. From the shadows, another pair of eyes watched curiously, "Scary. Though he was still a newborn, she took him down without delay. Next time I'll bring more, or stronger...."

• Replies 597
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Killjoy got up herself "this is a demon I thought I got rid of a long time ago...it was 10 years ago...."

((flashback story!))

Killjoy stood over looking a city set ablaze from a massive siege. Her sword's tip on the floor with her hands rested on the pommel. The flames reflected in her eyes as she smiled at her success, a knight walked in. "Captain, we have prisoners lined up in the courtyard." the knight said standing at attention, Killjoy slowly looked back at the knight as her gaze sent shivers down his spine "very well...I'll give them a....warm welcome." she said in a menacing tone before walking out. In the courtyard were a bunch of prisoners, about 25 sat on there knees in binds. They all pleaded for their lives, reeking with fear. Killjoy raised her hand to silence them "do not worry, you all will be sent somewhere else for judgement. so those of you who are innocent should have nothing to worry about..." she said in a kinder tone before starting to walk off. "Captain, what of the prisoners?" a knight called out. "ah..." Killjoy grabbed a torch "What prisoners?" she asked as she threw the torch landing on oil that was poured across the ground underneath the prisons. Fire engulfed the area as they all screamed in agony. Though a maniacal laughter was heard in the midst of the horror. "But you said those who were innocent had nothing to worry about!?" a knight yelled. Killjoy grinned "I did, if they are innocent, they'd have nothing to worry about...during judgement in the afterlife." she said with a sinister chuckle.. The knight growled "you're a monster!" he shouted. "yes...I...am." she replied with a grin.

((flashback story over!))

"a monster...." Killjoy whispered to herself. "a year later I was inevitably betrayed by my soldiers...I killed every last one of them...where i should have died. Then an old man walked straight to me as i stood on a pile of my comrade's corpses, he told me he could help me...all I had to do was join the Order. Father Shade, spent year after year getting me to the way I am now. Though of course helping me led to live the rest of my life in regret of my actions...I see death every time I close my eyes. I thought I left it all behind...but now who I was is coming back...and I think it wants to stay."

Killjoy sighed "I don't know if they can help me anymore...this...insanity must not come back. I fear it may up to me and me alone to fight it. Even I knew that it's impossible to cure the mind...it was never gone, just pressed into the deepest part of the mind." she said as she saw the sun come up. "it's dawn, I think we can leave now, lets head back."

((House of The Order))

Killjoy entered the Armory as Shade greeted her "so how was my invention?" he asked eagerly awaiting Killjoy's response. "It performed beyond expectations, It did exactly what it was designed for." she said trying to keep a smiled but it was futile as Shade saw straight through her facade. "Something is troubling you child..." he said now concerned. Killjoy grit her teeth "It's the past...it just...came out of no where in the middle of battle. The sadistic bliss came over me without warning." she said looking away. "ah, this is grave news indeed...Red, listen to me very carefully. I've done all that I can to get rid of the monster inside, you must use the real you to fight the darkness in your heart." Shade said firmly. Killjoy looked at Shade "but what if the monster IS the real me...and the person I am now is just a mask?" she asked. Shade shook his head "you would know which is the real you...The you, you want to be...THAT is what's real." Shade said with a faint smile "you know what you are in your heart my child, use that to guide you." Shade put and hand on Killjoy's cheek, suddenly images of fire, sounds of screams and a strong presence of malice and hatred went throughout Shade's head before he quickly drew his hand back. "oh my poor child...now I see...how have you suffered this long? You've dealt with such regret and resentment towards yourself for all these years." he said in sorrow. Suddenly It gave Shade an idea "Red, I know what you must do...you must...forgive yourself and find peace or else the darkness will only get stronger until it takes you." he said now with hope. Killjoy just stared at Shade "How can I ever make peace with the murder of countless people...? I've killed innocents for the fun of it...burned hundreds alive and left prisoners impaled along the walls of destroyed cities. I've...." she dropped to her knees as tears rolled down her face "I've given orders to hang children on trees...while their families watched...I can still remember their faces, and I remember that F**KING laugh! I remember myself enjoying every bit of their suffering...I-" she was cut of she was tightly hugged by the old monk  "shhh, that's enough child..." he said calmly as muffled sobbing was heard "That's not you anymore, that is what you now fight against, and I know you will overcome any evil that stands in your way."

Oakly went his bed and laying his katana and daggers down, setting the crossbow against the wall. "Oh you're back?" The sweet voice made him freeze up, Spring walked beside him glancing at his weapons before looking at him. Oakly cleared his throat quickly, "Hello Spring, what brings you here?" He asked nervously. Spring shrugged, "Bored mostly, not alot of people in the infirmary at the moment. Took out a Vamp on the way back from getting some supplies so that was sort of fun." Oakly looked at her funny, she seemed so sweet and innocent, but he had no doubt she could be a scary fighter.

((later in the training room.))

Killjoy stood where she always had. Though this time she had just pants and chest wraps. She slipped on some gloves with hardened knuckles before pressing a button on the ground with her foot. Suddenly, sections of the walls opened up in all directions as mechanical training dummies shot out of them. Killjoy exhaled before getting in a fighting stance. The first dummy rocketed towards her before going in for a swing, Killjoy quickly dodged the attack and uppercutting the dummy sending its head flying as it fell. A dummy charged from behind, but was met with Killjoy's heel to the side of its head as it did the same as the first dummy. Waves of dummies poured in as Killjoy weaved through them destroying all of them one by one is quick succession. Soon just bits and parts littered the floor where in the middle stood Killjoy, dripping with sweet as her breathe was heavy. she went to the benches on the side of the room to pick up her towel along with some water. She wiped the sweat from her face as she sat down, she thought of Shade's words "forgive myself...." she mumbled under her breathe know full well that it was going to be nearly impossible, but for Shade's sake, she wasn't going to give up.

"left quite a mess have we?" a voice rang out as Killjoy quickly looked towards the sound. "Head Master, when did you get here?" Killjoy asked as a woman with dark purple hair approached her. "really? after all these years, you still can't call me by my real name?" she said crossing her arms and making a pouting face. Killjoy took a deep breathe "forgive my formalities...Luna." she said. Luna smiled "I just got here, I got word of a new member of The Order and I heard he was your pupil. I thought I'd never see the day where you take on an apprentice." her face turned serious "so...what gave you a change of heart?" she asked. Killjoy sighed "honestly...I don't know, at first it was only to get the Elders off my back. Though now...I think it was because I saw something...though I've yet to find that out." she replied. Luna thought for a moment then shrugged "I guess only time will tell right?" she said as her face changed to more taunting expression. "but, you know why I let you in don't you?" she asked giggling as she leaned really close to Killjoy. Killjoy stuttered "N-N-No...I....Maybe." she failed to form even a simple sentence. Luna laughed "aww" she sat down right besides Killjoy and she get even closer "You're so cute when you're blushing.." she said with a seductive stare. Killjoy looked away "I-I'm not b-blushing." she said as her heart pounded rapidly, she flinched as she felt a hand over it. Luna smiled "aww...you do feel something for wittle ole me." she said playfully as she clung onto Killjoy with no intentions of letting. Killjoy struggled "Luna q-quit...it's e-embarrassing." she said. Though Luna's determination did not falter "I can let go...but you know what you must do..." her tone now sinister. Killjoy knew all to well what she meant "L-Luna..." she said quietly. Luna smirked as she wrapped her arms over Killjoy's shoulders. "just let me..." she kissed Killjoy on the cheek "let me love you." her tone now soft and comforting. As much as Killjoy wanted to resist, she knew that Luna knew she always felt the same. Killjoy looked back at Luna "I-" she was cut as Luna quickly Kissed her, Luna pulled back and smiled "I love you Red..." Luna's hand brushed Killjoy's cheek "I'll never stop loving you..." A tear rolled down the side of Killjoy's cheek "I...Lo-" Luna put her finger over Killjoy's lip "shhh, I know how hard it is to admit one's feeling, especially you...so you trying was all I needed from you." she said with a smile as they kissed again.

A shriek from Spring behind him, caused Oakly to fall over as he sat on a stool cleaning his daggers, "Ow what, what?" He asked frantically. Spring frowned at him, "I totally forgot to buy some marigold when I was out." Oakly stared at her in utter confusion, Spring sat up and shrugged, "Oh well, I'll just go get it." Oakly facepalmed himself, "For the love Luna why the scream?" Spring shrugged again, "It's an important ingredient." She told him before heading out of the room.

Soon after Spring left, there was a knock at the door before it opened as Killjoy peaked through "Oakly,  get ready and look your best. The headmaster is here and she wishes to meet you. Once ready, make haste to our library. Do not disappoint me..." she coldly as the door shut.

Oakly nodded and started getting dressed, meeting the Headmaster Herself, and Killjoy seemed pretty edgy about it. More than usual too. Sheathing his katana, Oakly made his way to the Library, pausing at the door to take in a deep breath before walking in. "Oakly reporting in."

in front was a huge desk as Luna sat behind with her chin resting on her hands with Killjoy standing at ease with her arms behind her back. "Oakly...Killjoy's protege stands before me. Never thought I'd see the day that Killjoy would take on a student....but here you are." Luna said standing up and observing Oakly closely and then looked at Killjoy "well you definitely did a job well done..." she looked at pictures of Oakly two years ago and now showing massive improvement "came in as a boy...coming out a man..." she looked at Oakly again "not only that, but a man to survive the training under the most ruthless agent we have to offer. With that alone, you have my respect." Luna paused for a moment and winced "oh where are my manners? My name is Luna, Headmaster of The Order."

Luna shrugged "That's right, but I'm not princess here. Royalty does not exist in The Order, we are merely human." she said sitting back down "I am just Luna, I don't care much for formalities." she put her hands together as she leaned back in her chair with her legs crossed. "Anyway, I wanted to personally welcome you to The Order, perfect timing too...we were a bit understaffed in the western region. Which reminds me. "she looked at Killjoy "I'm sending one agent from the other three regions here due to the massive increase in activity."

Killjoy flinched "not the north....tell me you didn't pick....him...." she said with great dread as Luna laughed "I did!" she yelled trying to keep in her laughter. Killjoy growled "of course you did."

Luna looked back at Oakly "Welp" she clapped her hands together "I have one more question...." her face went serious "why are you here, what drives you to fight the creatures of the night?"

Oakly went a little grim as the image of his Father leaving him, flash in his mind, "To protect those who lack the ability to protect themselves. Also, because I want to surpass my Father. So when we meet again, I can kick his sorry a$$ for leaving." He added with a hint of frustration, but upon realizing he was acting a little immature, he straightened up.

Spring walked seemingly without a care through the woods of the Everfree, but again she paused, sensing she was not alone. "The last one, was a bit of a failure. You sure you want to test you're luck as well?" She asked confidently as she turned around to face her follower. A tall dark figure stood about 30 yards behind her, his cowl and cloak hiding his appearance. "The last one was a test to gauge you're abilities. One on one, you do present quite a threat, I admit. Though, this time I brought friends to... ensure, you're capture." As he finished, a dozen more figures stepped out from the shadows around her. Spring went grim with concern, the Vampire in front of her made sure his presence was more noticeable, in order to conceal his comrades. Glancing around, Her confidence slowly dwindled as she realized every Vampire here, was a Pure Bred. For this many in one place, the ambush was coordinated, and She as their target carefully picked out. She flicked her wrist causing several dart spikes to drop from inside her sleeves and into each hand, "Well then, I hope you weren't expecting me to go without a fight." She said taking an offensive stance. The Lead Vampire chuckled, "I'd disappointed if you did."  

Killjoy glared at him for acting like a child but quickly stopped as Luna giggled "there is still a boy in that heart of yours, but you peaked my curiosity, you mentioned your Father...if you don't mind, I'd like to hear more on this story." She said kindly "this isn't an order so you don't have to tell if you wish not to."

Oakly nodded and took a deep breath to clear his mind, "My Father is Nameless Trax, he is known as an Assassin for hire, most prominently known as the Blue Eyed Reaper. He taught me many things, but still held back many other things as well. Six years ago, He told me about a job across sea, and then just left without saying goodbye. In his finals days with me, he kept mumbling about some woman. Violet eyes, dark hair, and the most beautiful voice he'd ever heard. Also something about a Cello. Anyway, he had the ability to teleport, mostly short distances but he was good at it. Oh, he also mentioned something about a Team he used to be apart of, some Mercenary group I think. Their emblem was that of Four Horsemen; War, Pestilence, Famine, and Death. I believe their nicknames were; The Lady of Death(war), The Blue Eyed Reaper(death), The Harvester of Sorrows(famine), and The Violet Cloud(pestilence). Something off that sort, He told me they were all dead. My Father is a man of many secrets, apparently my Mothers identity has to be one." He added grumpily, unknown to him there were alot of things that could be obviously pointed out and answered.

Spring leaped back dodging a foot as it swung past her head, she was surrounded by Vampires and with only a handful of darts left. 

Killjoy looked puzzled as Luna raised an eyebrow "Lady of Death...?" Luna looked at Killjoy "Wasn't that the name our enemies gave you during the great war?" she asked. Killjoy nodded "yes it was...but....I never done mercenary work in my life, nor been part of any group, nor heard of this Nameless Trax. So I don't understand why he would use my name..." she replied. Luna crossed her arms "interesting"

Oakly shrugged, "I could be wrong on all or most of it, he was very cryptic when he mentioned it. He also fought for awhile in the Great war too, he uses a katana too but had this really wicked looking headsmans axe that could transform into a scyth too."

Spring fell to a knee as exhaustion took over, she started to hyperventilate as she tried to calm down from a mixture of fear and adrenaline. Suddenly the Lead Vampire sped up behind her with a quick jab to her neck, sending her unconscious to the ground. "Heh, lost a few of us, but we still didnt have to use ther others in hiding still." As he spoke, dozens more stepped from the shadows. He bent down to grab her when a flicker caused him to freeze, someone appeared next to him with a silver knife to his neck. Looking up, he only saw two cold and glowing blue eyes, "I'm giving your friends till the count of three to leave, or die.... One..." The icy and heartless voice made the Lead Vampires spine shiver. "Two..." The other Vampires bent their knees as they prepared to attack, The Lead Vampire started to shake as he struggled to find words to speak. But it was too late, the Vampires moved in, "Three." The sound of a staff weapon swishing through the air, coupled with a mechanical sound, was followed by the horrified shrieking of Vampires. 

An Order Member burst into the library, sweating from running, "Headmaster! Vampires, close by!" Oaklys eyes sparked with blue lightning, "Spring!"

Luna looked at Killjoy "go quickly!" she ordered as Killjoy put on her helmet and went into a full sprint out the library "with me Oakly!" Killjoy barked. Killjoy quickly grabbed her sword sitting on a weapon's rack without stopping. She was concerned not only for Spring but that the Vampires have found the Manor's location. Everyone that sits in the Manor are now all in danger of a Vampire attack. "maybe that's why Luna has requested more agents to this region..." she thought as she burst out of the main doors before activating her ability. Killjoy stopped for a moment and looked around rapidly before noticing footsteps leading away from the Manor. Killjoy gripped her sword "hope we're not too late." she whispered as she activated her ability, her foot created a small explosion in the ground from the pure strength as Killjoy rocket towards Spring's location.

Oakly followed Killjoy out, by focusing electricity throughout his body, he was able to increase his speed almost tenfold. Still he had a long way to go if he was to keep up with his Mentor. 

The Lead Vampire struggled to crawl away with the one arm he still had, both of his legs were sliced off with clean cuts. All around him, scattered, were the hundreds of body parts from his comrades. A foot stepped on his head, pushing him to the ground, "Now, your going to answer their questions truthfully... Or you'll wish I had killed you here." He shook with fear before realizing the man was off of him and gone, "Whos questions?" He asked out loud, frantically searching for signs of life but only the Order Girl they were supposed to capture lay unconscious few yards from him. He tensed up as he heard heavy footsteps racing towards him. Arriving on scene, Oakly stopped abruptly to take in the carnage, "Whoa, this is brutal." He said with surprise and a hint of admiration. The surrounding trees were sliced up or chopped down, blood and dismembered body parts lay scattered about. In the middle was a Vampire with just one arm, a few yards behind him was an unconscious Spring. Oddly enough, Springs wounds had been tended to, with a two foot radius of no blood splatter.

Killjoy looked around "this isn't the work of The Order..." she said taking off her helmet "though whoever done this is a very skilled fighter." She scanned the remaining trees "he...or she...is watching us....we can't determine if this person is a threat so keep your guard up Oakly, help Spring and see if you wake her up." Killjoy glared at the Vampire on the ground as she picked him from his throat with one arm. "You will tell me everything..." she threatened as she squeezed hard, the bones cracking as they were about to falter.

Oakly glanced around suspiciously before racing over to Springs side. The Vampire choked desperately as he weakly put his hand on her arm to stop her, "A man... blue eyes... Monster... he was everywhere..." The fear in his eyes was genuine, a Monster fearing another Monster.

Killjoy growled "I don't care about the man!" She yelled "I want to know how you found us, and from whom you were told our location. What did you want out of Spring!?" She threw the Vampire against a stump as Killjoy revved the chains on her sword as sparks of steel scraping steel flew between the chain blades. "You were given information and I want to know who gave it to you." She stabbed the tip of her sword into the stump right above the Vampire's shoulder "you will tell me if you wish to die as quick as possible..."

The Vampire shook with fear, his day had begun so smoothly, now he was the last of his group. "Your base? We were just told to take the girl, thats all. One of the Elder Vampires commanded us to capture alive and take her to the Roaring Rapids. I tailed her from an apothecary shop, she kept vanishing in the area so we set up a trap after our first attempt failed!" Oakly lifted Spring up in a princess carry, "Why her specifically?" He asked coldly. The Vampire shivered as he got a good look of the young man, those eyes were horrifyingly familiar, "I dont know, thats just who the Elder wanted, we don't question the Elders."

Killjoy brought her sword down as the blades tore into the Vampire's shoulder before ripping into his heart killing him semi instantly. "Well this gets us no where...though luckily our Manor stays in secret and Spring is ok." She said with a sigh as she scratched the back of her head. She looked at Oakly "go ahead and take Spring back and get her into the infirmary. I'll see what I can gather here...maybe one of these...pieces have something of use, maybe a note or something." She said looking at the carnage around.

((Nameless and Killjoy meet?))

((Sures.))

Oakly nodded before taking off with Spring. A minute later, "You taught him well, I barely recognize him with how much he's grown." The voice said as a black shape leaned against a tree.

Archived