The Night Hunters (private)

Killjoy

Stryker glanced around examining the area, "The damage comes from the inside out... they were invited in first..." He took off after Killjoy, "I've heard of this Reaper fellow, a human wielding an axe that can change into a scythe. He could have been useful to the Order, why did we never reach out to him first?"

Oakly rubbed his own face, "I believe getting there faster is a our best course of action... but if you're not in a hurry, I won't push it." Hazel huffed with a moody pout turning away.

• Replies 597
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"Ask Luna that question. Though just with the short time I spoke with him, he's a drifter...only swears loyalty to the highest bidder. He distances himself to everything. His eyes told me that he thinks he more considerate than he really is...he's hurting people but "for the best" apparently, he had the same look I had when i contemplated leaving the Order. He would make no place in the Order." Killjoy said based off her short observation of Trax. She stopped at the outer treeline in front of large cave where the trail ends at the mouth. She thought for a moment and remembered the nearest Elder from here was about nine miles north. Killjoy looked at Stryker "we need to go about three miles north from here. If I'm correct, another Elder is another six miles further. So what we are going to do is sit in wait because that has to be the next Elder they are going to go after next. We will ambush them, kill all but one, if the Reaper is with them, leave him to me." She said now quietly moving around the cave before heading north.

"Why kill them? Malacath is pretty much doing our job for us, the less Elders there are, the less trouble for us, Right?" Stryker asked as he followed Killjoy, suddenly a pair of blue eyes flashed in his mind before he spun around throwing two axes into the shadows. The spark of steel on steel lit up a man with a huge scythe before Stryker retrieved his axes using his magnetic pull, "I don't think we have to wait long." He said as Nameless Trax stepped from the shadows. "We meet again Killjoy, though with our reputations, I wish it had been over a drink and shared stories of battle. I take it recent events have caught the Orders Eye?" He said nonchalantly resting into a lean against his scythe.

Killjoy just turned around facing Trax and motioning to Stryker to keep his distance. "tell me...would you really like to hear of MY stories? I highly doubt it." she said as she took her sword off her back "So...working with Malacath....that's a problem indeed...a VERY big problem."

Traxs eyes flashed as the motion of Killjoy drawing her sword brought up memories of the past...

Many years ago on the field of battle, Trax stepped over the bodies of his battalion, slaughtered like pigs. He saw Killjoy standing in the middle, splattered with blood, numb eyes starring into the abyss. Trax saw nothing but war in her eyes, destruction and chaos, a woman bathed in blood. The first time he ever felt fear when facing an enemy.

Trax blinked away his thoughts, keeping himself in control, "We all choose our sides, its the reason Why, that should be pointed out." He picked up his scythe and rested it on his shoulder, "Don't bother with that one," He said pointing north, "He's already sided with Malacath. Besides, you should be with Hazel. Guarding her against Malacath, if you really care about her."

Killjoy grit her teeth, she couldn't believe this man had the audacity to tell her that she needs to be with someone. "You know, you are the LAST person to tell me that. I could say the same about your son Oakly, but no you left him alone years ago." She said coldly as she advanced towards Trax "I can say the same about your entire family, the ones you left at the Royal Capital!" She was now only inches away "My daughter is in safe hands and I trust Luna's judgment of who defends her."

Trax remained still, though every fiber his being told him to put some space between them, "Malacath found a Vampiric Priest and is going to have him brainwash Hazel." He said simply. Stryker perked up in surprise, "A priest? We've heard the rumors and legends but none have ever been documented, Killjoy we have no idea what they're capable of. Solar is good but even he will need backup against a Priest." His tone was filled with angest and concern. Trax let out a sigh, "Malacath doesnt know I saw the Priest at the back of the room, if you hurry you can still make it in time to help protect Hazel. Also," Trax lowered his voice so only Killjoy could hear, "If you know about my family in Canterlot, who else do you think knows, and why I do what I'm doing? Would you not the same in my position?" 

"No..." Killjoy replied. "Where I am is where I belong. To protect my family with all I have. I owe them everything...so with my life I fight for them. Not keep my distance and slither around the filth just to keep Malacath away from them...and you do know that once he is done with you and you fulfill his plan, he'll kill you and your family anyway. So no Trax, if you thought hard enough, you'd send your family here with the Order and not keep them in the dark where they are vulnerable. You owe them answers, every detail you owe them. I know the bond between Octavia and Celestia, but she will not be safe in the Royal Capital...never will be as long as Malacath is alive." She backed off and started to turn to Stryker but stopped "oh and Trax..." she glared at him as her eyes seemed to peer into his soul "let's not make a third unpleasant meeting..." she said with chilling tone before turning full towards Stryker.

"Stryker, let's go, if we hurry, they should only be just arriving in the next town from the Manor." She said as she put her sword onto her back.

Trax gripped his scythe tightly, he was doing what he had to do, his family is safer when he's not there. Stryker glanced back and forth between the two, they seemed to resent each other, but he could sense an almost invisible pull between them. They had a tie between them, one that predates them both. Trax twirled around his scythe before teleporting away in a flicker, "Bring up my Family again, and you will regret it, Killjoy."

Oakly yawned as he sat up, "Are we there yet?" He asked simply, not expecting a clean answer in particular. Hazel turned to him grumpily, "Not at this slow pace we won't, ugh I should just pull this cart myself." She huffed impatiently.

"I welcome the challenge..." Killjoy said to herself before taking off in a full sprint westward towards the direction. Hazel and the others would be. She used all of her strength to move faster and faster as wind from the force kicked up the leaved fallen on the ground. She had to get to Hazel. Though as much as she hated to admit it, Solar is one of the best and could hold his own until help arrives.

Trax walked back into the castle nodding to the Omega Guard, they nodded back their trust in him. With a glance around he sensed a presence missing, he could see the Omega Guard were more at ease, meaning the Priest wasn't here. 'You had better be there in time, Killjoy, Priests aren't Vampires you should underestimate.' He thought to himself.

Stryker caught up with a little more work than usual, sensing Killjoys eagerness to protect the girl she probably considered her child. Then a thought popped into his head, 'Hazel called Luna, Mom. Then called Killjoy, Mommy...' "Oí Killjoy, are you and the Headmistress dating?" He decided to ask abruptly.

Oakly sighed again with annoyance, he opened his hand, which then sparked with a current of lightning. Zipping through each finger as he played with jt. Hazel watched curiously but looked away with a huff everytime Oakly glanced up at her or Solar. Without warning, the carriage stopped abruptly. Hazel steadied herself easily, but wasn't prepared when Oaklys electric hand touched her thigh as he flew forward due to the momentum. Hazels face went bright red before she tensed up making wierd faces before punching Oakly to the back of the cart. "You big dummy, watch what you're doing stupid head!" She yelled pointing at Oakly, turning to the driver, "And you, a warning next time! Why did you stop!" The driver gulped as he turned around, Hazels eyes went wide as she saw the purple aura whip around his throat, he was pulled from the drivers seat and into the hand of a cloaked figure who then choked him. 

Solar put a hand on Hazel's shoulder "you stay in the wagon, we don't want the sun turning your skin to paper." He said opening the wagon door. "Oakly, I'd hate to put a newbie up against a priest, I can hold him off but not forever, so I'll need your help." He said stepping out of the wagon and putting himself between the priest and Hazel. "Sir!" He said firmly. With rapier in hand, he took a stance one would in fencing. His steps and posture were perfect, a true master in the art. Heat started to radiate from his arm and onto the sword as it glowed red hot. "You are interfering with business of The Order. Any more actions will lead to force." He pointed the tip of his rapier towards the priest.

Killjoy glared at Stryker "must we talk about this now!?" She yelled but sighed, the situation was urgent to her. It would get the severity of this issue across. "Yes, we are. Hazel is our adopted daughter, Me and Luna took care of her." She said answering his question. "Though for only the two years I've been seen fit to work for The Order. Hazel was found on the Manor's doorstep on the third year of my reformation..." she remembered the first time she met Hazel.

((Flashback whooosh))

A large iron door opened as Luna walked in "Red, you Ok?" She asked calmly as the light revealed Killjoy in a straight jacket and a muzzle. "I'm fine..." she said as her eye twitched "It's getting easier to stay, I guess you would say...normal?" She said looking at the Shadow beside the door. "Did you bring someone?" She asked. Luna nodded "I did. Her name is Hazel, I'll be taking care of her" she said pulling on Hazel's hand "C'mon she won't hurt you." She brought Hazel into the light as Killjoy just stared at the girl peering into her flooded red eyes.

((Let's keep the Flashback rolling while the present even occur))

Oakly nodded and threw a hooded cloak over Hazel before jumping to standing next to Solar, drawing his katana released a stream of electricity into the blade. The Priest chuckled as he snapped the drivers neck letting him fall limp to the ground, "My name is Limbo, I am part of the Nine Vampire Priest of Tartarus. Therefore, you're dead." Limbo outstretched his arms, two snake-like vines shot out towards Solar and Oakly, at the same time a clad-like shield rose up in front of Limbo. Oakly shot to the side slashing away the vine with a sparky slice, but the vine only back away, still intact.

Hazel, merely three years old, held close to Luna as she faced Killjoy. "H-Hello..." She whimpered nervously, her unrestrained vampire strength began to kick in as she gripped Luna's hand tighter.

Solar stepped the side dodging the vine and shot forward with great speed as flanked around the shield and started his volley of thrusts and slashes as the super heated steal of his rapier gave a blinding effect.

Luna winced as she felt her arm nearly being crushed "darling don't squeeze so hard." she said with a nervous laugh. Killjoy just continue to stare "Hel-" she began to say but grit her teeth as she growled in pain. Flashes of her time in war shot into her brain as her violent self tried to break free from the depths of her mind. Luna pulled Hazel back "don't worry Hazel, its a work in progress." she said trying to keep the situation calm "Shade, she needs another dose!" she called out as Shade rushed in with a syringe of glowing blue liquid. Killjoy glared at Shade "I'll F**king kill you old man! I'll tear off that arm with my bare hands and beat you to death with it!" she yelled as she headbutt Shade away "I'll paint the walls red with your blood and skip rope with you intestines!" she shook and squirmed as her arm tore through her restraints. Before Killjoy did anything she felt a sharp pain enter into her neck as the syringe was stabbed in with the liquid now flowing through her body. Instantly, Killjoy's body went limp as if put into a coma though still awake. Luna sighed "I'm sorry you had to see that darling..." she said trying to keep a smile. Shade rubbed his head as a large red mark appeared on his forehead "you shouldn't have brought the child..." he said with concern. Luna just stared at Killjoy "I know...but Hazel needed to see her guardian. Evil will fear her...Killjoy will be the hammer and shield."

Hazel let go of Lunas hand and instead held onto her clothing, "Whats wrong with her Momma?" She asked worriedly.

Limbos cloak held stiff as his strikes bounced off leaving hardly any scratch, Oakly streamed around the opposite side, his katana lit up with a blast lightning as he slashed at Limbo. Suddenly Limbo evaporated, Oakly slashed at thin air but withdrew his lightning so not harm Solar. Oakly then tensed up as he noticed the little magic bomb ticking between them, Oakly kicked back staying low. Hazel pulled her hood down as she slipped out the back, but she was stopped as a hand gripped her neck, "Stay still and behave Princess." Limbo said as he prepared a spell in his other hand.

Suddenly Solar's foot slammed into the priest's face sending him away from Hazel. "Hazel please, stay put in the wagon I beg of you." Solar said with great concern as he kept his eyes on the priest. He knew his strength wasn't nearly enough to even hurt him let alone move him. With all his strength he only was able to make the priest let go and move a few feet. He was at a major disadvantage. It was losing the fight that he feared, he feared the angry mother that would obliterate him if Hazel was taken.

Luna sighed "it's quite hard to explain really. She has...quite the knowledge of violence. She's..." she hesitated to use the word but it was the only thing that would make sense. "a monster...Evil would be the understatement of the century when it comes to her." Luna knelt down to Hazel's eye level "Darling, it might not make much sense to you now...but this lady here." she pointed her eyes to Killjoy "will be the one to protect you...she might be the only one who has the power to do so." She glanced back at Killjoy "deep down there is a part of her that can be brought to light, a part of her we are trying to pull out to replace the part you just witnessed." she put a hand on Hazel's shoulder "when it's time, whenever you are in danger...just yell her name and she'll be there."

Limbo slid back, he was bent backwards but soon recovered with a satanic laugh, "Ooh someone's motivated, guess I'll have to-" He was cut short as Oakly dropped down on Limbo with his katana, but the blade missed him as it stabbed into the ground infront of Limbo. Oakly looked up with an electrifying bloodlust, "Thunder." He whispered coldly before the two of them where blasted with a bolt of lightning from above. The dust settled with Oakly at the mercy of Limbo's vine, "Poor kid, probably put every ounce of energy he had on that hit. Too bad he failed." Limbo said as he summoned more vines and sent them straight at Solar and Hazel.

Hazel starred at Killjoy, "...my guardian...?"

Hazel tensed up with fear and let out a cry of horror, "KILLJOY!" 

The sound of ground breaking with loud thumps got louder and louder before a fist collided at full force into the priest's face sending him flying through one tree and crashing into another leaving large cracks along the trunk. Killjoy pulled her sword out as the bladed chains began to spin. "you will not touch them again...I'll be making sure that every bit of body gets spread all over this forest." she said in rage as she charged towards the priest.

Oakly hit the ground with a thump, Hazel starred wide eyed in great relief, her guardian had arrived. "Mommy..." The Priest mumbled curses under his breath as he stood up dusting himself off, "Well then, that was unforeseen. No matter, I'll make short work of them all." He chuckled as he rose off the ground, his hands formed hundreds of purple vines, the forest around them was now walled off.

Killjoy laughed "funny thing is...you didn't lock me here with you...." in almost an instant, Killjoy was only inches away from the priest with a sadistic glare through her helmet's visor "you're locked here with me!" She said driving her knee into his gut sending him upwards into the air.

Solar grabbed Oakly and Hazel and took cover behind the wagon still holding on to them tightly "take note kids, this is why you don't piss off the Lady of Death." He said peaking over the corner.

As the priest started to come back down, he was met with the hell of Killjoy's foot as she scissor kicked him down into the ground before thrusting her sword down towards the priest's chest.

Limbo turned over and rolled to the side dodging Killjoys sword, 'who is this human? She actually makes me concerned of victory?' Limbo thought as he collapsed half of the wall on Killjoy, he put his hands together like jaws closing, instantly the vines interlocked and condensed inward crushing their victim. Hazel swallowed her fear and noticed Oakly was still unconscious, "Hey hey hey wake up you lazy bum! This aint no time for a cat nap!" She said angrily slapping Oaklys face back n forth. Stryker landed before them, "Having a conversation at one point, the next she's practically gone. Thoughts on assisting her?" He asked simply.

Solar just looked on "I don't know...I honestly never seen this kinda of battle before, nor have I even seen Killjoy this angry....a part of my thinks that interfering with Killjoy's reckoning upon the priest will only make things worse for us." he said not taking his eyes off the battle.

The walls started to slowly open as Killjoy was pushing them apart "such fancy tricks....but there is just one thing...I" Suddenly the walls were shredded by Killjoy's sword "F**king hate magicians!" she yelled as she charged swinging her sword in a fluid motion making it seem like an endless volley of slashes.

Limbo cast his shield against her barrage, he grit his teeth as she didnt let up, giving him no opening to counter. Suddenly his shield cracked, Limbo's eyes went wide with rage as he pushed forward causing a parry which gave him just enough time to retaliate. Several vines pierced through Killjoys arms and legs as well as one through her side, another vine wrapped around her neck and flung her back across the ground. Limbo formed thousands of vines which then speared down on Killjoy over and over again. 

Archived