Official Discussion Thread - S06E20 Viva Las Pegasus

e488b42499f3767c027fc5e99f4bf945.jpg

No fear, just loathing.

Another week and another episode with the ponies we all adore and love!  Applejack and Fluttershy team up together to head to Las Pegasus to gamble their bits away solve a friendship problem! Who is having the problem?  Does it involve blackjack and hookers? Tune in to find out!!   The episode airs Saturday 11:30 AM EST on September 10th!! :) <3

This thread is dedicated to discussing the episode before, during, and afterwards. As the thread is now open it may indeed contain spoilers. I ask that potential spoilers talked about or shown before the episode airs stay within the spoiler tags please, after the episode you no longer have to use the spoiler tags, but warning, if you haven't seen the episode yet after it airs, this thread no doubt will have all sorts of spoilers in reviews, images, etc. So tread at your own risk. :blush:

Here's my take:

Spoiler

To be honest, I had very low expectations for this episode.  I didn't believe that Flim and Flam could do anything else other than evil, but as it turns out, their 'talents' CAN be used for good!  The story flowed nicely and the unexpected plot twists were AMAZING!  In my humble opinion, by far THE best episode of the new season!  AJ and Fluttershy were PERFECT in this story, and the 'scam' to get a confession from the big boss, SUPERB!!!   This episode rates a 10 out of 10 for me!  AWESOME!!!   :D:D:D

Thoughts are in spoilers below as always.

Spoiler

Las Pegasus, as the name suggests, the pony version of Las Vegas. I was actually a little disappointed we didn't get to see more of it other than the one location.

Either way there's not much I can say about this one either.

I couldn't blame Applejack for not wanting to help Flim and Flam. They're jerks and anything that happens to them they deserve. :roll:

To be completely honest though... the Flim and Flam fight actually reminded me of the Friends Forever MLP comic where it happened as well so it was almost the same thing all over again. So I sort of felt like I had seen this before.  :unsure:

The new 'recurring' theme in media. TV shows, cartoons, video games, etc. seems to be corporate corruption where heads of business are actually malicious villains. Malicious is too strong a word for what was going on here but it was still corruption no matter how you look at it.

I once again felt for Applejack when she didn't want to work with Flim and Flam but I guess there was little choice.

The part at the end actually reminded me of Spiral (anime/manga) where they did something similar. So I did sort of like that.

Not surprisingly Flim and Flam return to their jerkish tendencies at the end of the episode. :roll:

I'd say this was an 'okay' episode. Nothing outstanding or amazing honestly.

:unsure:

Archived