tumblr_m8yovqHrwW1r1gkido1_500.png

Sheeee's back!!!

Another week and another episode with the ponies we all adore and love! Here we are, the season six finale!  This time Queen Chysalis returns with her Changeling army in a new attempt to conquer Equestria! What devious methods will the dark queen use this time in her endless quest to consume all the love in Equestria? Tune in to find out! The episode airs Saturday 11:00 AM EST on October 22nd!! :) <3

This thread is dedicated to discussing the episode before, during, and afterwards. As the thread is now open it may indeed contain spoilers. I ask that potential spoilers talked about or shown before the episode airs stay within the spoiler tags please, after the episode you no longer have to use the spoiler tags, but warning, if you haven't seen the episode yet after it airs, this thread no doubt will have all sorts of spoilers in reviews, images, etc. So tread at your own risk. :blush:

Pathetic. This finale simply has not been up to standards set by the previous five. Now that the last true threat to Equestria is gone, I can only hope the writers have something new up their sleeve, or this show will surely end up decommissioned soon!

Well... you should all know what to expect from me at this point. In other words, don't be surprised at what's below here. So, it's going to be in spoilers for 'those' kinds of people so they can just ignore it.

Spoiler

To be completely honest... I'm not sure what I can say here.

Starlight doesn't want to be in charge again huh? Well... MAYBE THAT'S BECAUSE SHE DOESN'T DESERVE TO. JUST LIKE SHE DOESN'T DESERVE ALL THIS CRAP THAT'S BEEN GIVEN TO HER ON A SILVER PLATTER. Why does that seem familiar? Seth Rollins? Kevin Owens? No? Just me? Whatever. :roll:

I liked the Derpy part though. :P

Plus I liked Luna being in this even though she was being too nice to Starlight.

So... why is this show expecting me to like Trixie? Because that's NEVER going to happen. I'm sorry it's just not. Trixie is an egotistical self righteous ***** who clearly goes out of her way to get on Twilight's nerve's. That's not 'funny.' That's idiotic and proves she doesn't learn ANYTHING.

Oh good. We're going to throw Discord into this too. Because... you know... that'll totally make me like this episode more. :roll:

I love how he continues to prove how much of a jerk he is. He only cares about Fluttershy and no one else. OH WAIT. NO I DON'T. I DON'T LIKE THIS AT ALL. :twisted:

I'm actually okay with Thorax though. Still... I really don't understand this. I would have enjoyed this episode a whole lot more if the team was the Slice of Life characters. Seriously. I would have. How come they couldn't have done them instead?  :unsure:

I will admit a few things however.

First off, Chrysalis' plan was actually pretty decent and well thought out. Practically all the ponies were out of commission. So, instead, we have to rely on a bunch of NOT REDEEMED side characters (sans one) to save us.

I will admit though, I like them trying to have 'side characters' having to rescue the Mane 6 from the evil. I just wish it would have been other characters.

However, I liked the Discord and Trixie bickering. That was quite funny and good. :blush:

So now we move on to the actual rescue mission. Which, I'll once again admit, had it's moments. Trixie's illusions actually being good and useful?! Discord doing ridiculous bad comedy that works as a distraction?! It was all shocking, ridiculous, and great all at the same time. :P

To be even more honest though, and I REALLY hate to admit this, but despite Starlight not wanting to be in charge of something, the plans she came up with were actually pretty decent and well thought out. Especially at the end. :!:

Now of course... the moment of truth. Thorax being the key wasn't really all that surprising honestly. Then that transformation... WHAT?! I mean... at least there were other Changelings that seemed to realize how much of a crazy tyrant Chrysalis was... but seriously... what the hell was that supposed to be?! A deer? A deer bug?! Not that I'm saying it was ugly or anything. It was just... kind of... weird... :shock:

Honestly... I kind of see what other people were saying about these 'new' Changelings not catching on. Because I don't think they will. It's possible they might if we see more of them, but, I suppose it will depend on the person in question. :/

However... THANK GOD CHRYSALIS WASN'T REDEEMED OR REFORMED AT THE END. SERIOUSLY. I AM SO FREAKING SICK AND TIRED OF THIS REDEEMED/REFORMED CRAP. If that would have happened... I don't think I would have been able to take this crap anymore. I probably would have left the fandom. THANK GOD FOR NO CRYSALIS REDEEMPTION.

So... overall?

I'd say... it's about the same as the S6 premier was. However... it was probably better than the premier.

So... in summary...

It wasn't 'great' but it wasn't 'awful' either.

I'm sorry. Really I am. But I'm just NEVER going to like Discord and Trixie and I could care less about Starlight. This will likely never change either. EVER.

My main issue was the characters and the team. That's basically my issue with it. But it's a legitimate issue. To me anyway. :/

So... overall... I'd say...

S6 was 'average.' It had it's moments and a few decent episodes but that's about it really.

I guess I should just be glad that something else didn't happen that would be my 'last straw' to make me leave the fandom. Which I am.

Here's hoping S7 is better.

Controversy abound as always,

LostSanity

Glad they used characters that don't get much screen time altogether. It was a nifty thing to close the season with a new team. Always glad when the show focuses on Starlight, as having a more flawed character can lead to more interesting scenarios and character growth. I'm still on the mindset that Twilight shouldn't be a focus at all anymore.

The Trixie and Discord banter felt really spot on. Really most of the episode all felt really well done. Not sure about the whole stag beetle transformation thing yet, but with my headcanon for how changelings work, that kinda makes sense. If this weren't a kid's show, the last thing that Chrysalis says to Starlight would legit be terrifying and I'm curious if she'll make a return, even next season. (Also my headcanon is that some of the changelings didn't buy the whole friendship shenanigans at the end and followed her. We just didn't see it.)

I'm still hoping for the next season to go a different direction as far as character focus. While it might be jarring at first to some, almost completely shifting focus away from the main cast and having a new cast could help the show.

I found it to be one of the better finales with the pacing, writing, and characters being a lot better this time around.

I actually quite liked the premise of it...but I wasn't fond of the time-skip of how the audience is expected to so quickly understand that Starlight already apologized to the villagers and they forgave her.

And I'm not particularly in love with Thorax's new design...but the new design for the rest of the reformed Changelings <3 

The immediate impression I got from Thorax's transformation was King of the Forest, a la Mononoke.  Required inanity aside, the banter was great and it was over all an entertaining episode.  I'm actually very curious to see what the fan community produces with regard to the new beetle faerie changelings.

Spoiler

I rather liked his upgrade...And I was also happy that the good Queen was not reformed or transformed, so we should hopefully see more of her in future episodes..And hopefully there are more evil changelings about for her to rule. Also Trixie was adorable.

359ibus.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah, I loved this two parter! Got to see Chrissy and also Starlight had her moment in the spotlight! The changelings do look a bit odd now but I believe that is something that'll quickly grow on me. I'm just glad we didn't reform Chrissy too, I wonder if she'll play some part in either the season 7 storyline or perhaps even the movie? 

Archived