(private rp with lala and rexdraco) Lake and her new friend

Laughinglake12804

Laughing lake just opened shop for he day and at the time  everypony was prepping for nightmare night.she was prepping for any spirits that wish to bother it. Her Osprey mystic was watching her and she smiled at the bird. "Relax Mystic im sure we will get a job..or some help eventually. I mean we did just open up shop and nopony has heard of a spirit consultant before."  the osprey caws a 'okay' and looks out the window. The osprey didnt wish to scare his owner however, he felt like they were being watched. 

Faeries, ghosts, goblins and ninjas. These were curious and mischievous creatures of mare’s tales that were believed to cause strange occurrences in old houses or a empty corn fields! Misplaced keys, or missing politicians were often blamed on these creatures. A pony never could be sure just what it was that went bump in the night or rattled those chains. There was always a chance -- it as a simpler explanation than pony minds allowed to create. Discord wasn’t a superstitious pony, for obvious reasons. First off he wasn’t a pony, so that was a problematic statement from the get go. Second off he wasn’t the sort to be easy to convince of outrageous concepts like daylight savings time or magenta. As the god of chaos coincidences were capricious whimsies of his rather than fate or bad luck. If a pony ever had a string of troublesome curcumstances, that were oddly connected, or strange, paranormal going ons that were explained off as ghosts or ponygeist: one need not look any further than the precarious spirit. 

Who else would levitate utensils for the heck of it, or pile up chairs in abstract works of art in the middle of the kitchen? There was also the clever tri k of manifesting odd symbols in tall corn fields and the odd ninja star embedding itself into a post. It all seemed too aubjectivr, dependent on the flawed recollection of a mortal creature who could not explain the vital circumstances and complexities of the universe in their simple lived. If ever one asked Discord he would likely deny all possibility of ghosts or ninja. 

"Nin-pony are just made up." He was floating around in a comic shop in Ponyville, lounge mid air as he leafed through a new volume of Ponyuto. "I mean flailing your hooves around won't produce magic for an Earth Pony. It's just silly.

The others in the area began to mutter, feeling disagreement to Discord's statement. The spirit rolled his eyes and vanished, reappearing with his figurines in paw, over the register. He had originally come by to pick up his O&O figurines, he was quite interested in painting it for his next game. He paid the pony and headed out. As he floated along he would occasionally vanish and reappear, slipping between the streams of time and space. Much easier than walking, to be sure. He was busy admiring his new figurine, custom made just for his game. It was easy to lose track of the direction one was heading.

The spirit of chaos paused. He found himself upside down and in front of a new building. "Odd, when did this get here?" With a flash of white the now-pony would drop to hid hooves. 

His off-blue horn glowed a soft white as it held grasped in the air beside him, his day's purchase. A short, grey pelt and a scruffy mane and tail,  the pony seemed hardly memorable, or interesting. Red eyes glistened off the white surface of his sclera, a mischievous grin painted his muzzle before the pony-formed spirit trotted towards the storefront. He used his magic to push open the door, eyes scanning the new environment. 

"What do we have here?" The grey pony questioned. 

On his hip was a darker grey cutiemark, a small tornado, which seemed a bit strange on a unicorn. Was his specialty magic weather magic? Not possible, right? He stepped into the shop, finding the peculiar place… strange. 

Lake walked over smiling at the grey pony. "Hello. I am Laughing lake. And Welcome to my store. Where i not only sell antiques that i found from my spirit travels i also help others with spirit troubles since i am mostly a paranormal consultant. she glanced over at his cutiemark. "Weather magic? Oh let me guess your a news pony that tells weather correct?" the osprey caws in suspicion and lake shushed her pet. "Mystic behave. we have a customer."

The chaotic pony hadn't seen so many fossils in on place since that time he turned Celestia and Luna into clowns to entertain him. They were pretty old, but these objects had age to them. He did like to collect things like this, but they were usually ancient artifacts he treated like toys rather than precious pieces of history. When you get to his age it was a bit difficult to take seriously concepts like time or history. Not only was there a definite cycle to it, sprinkled with unique events that happened nowhere else -- he had since become jaded towards the idea that these events were valuable. He had never seen a pony learn from the past, or their mistakes. Well -- the Mane did show promise of that. It was a bit foolish for Celestia to take on another student after what had happened before. He was hoping h could have corrupted Twilight, really stick it to the solar mare. He had to admit the purple alicorn of friendship had -- pizzaz. Moxie! She was stubborn too. For a moment the spirit found himself seated in front of a shelf. He was focused on a particular figurine there. A porcelain minotaur. It reminded him of Tirek’s father, whom he knew ages ago.

That old king had something going for him. Discord had -- been honestly rooting for him, rooting for change to come and benefit that fruity old codger. However tough and traditional he seemed … his two sons were quite a miracle in and of themselves in a place where -- well it no longer existed. It was now ruins. The great civilization of the Tenochtitlan Basin … was no more. He blinked, taking note of something else she said. The grey ‘pony’ raised a brow.

I’m sorry a para-what’s it?” He turned his body to stare at her as she jumped to conclusion about his cutiemark. Raising his hindleg he looked back to it, ears swiveling back. “...prrretty close~” He cooed. “More like I chase… events of a turbulent kind. You know, in the mix of things~” Yes, yes. Sure. Weather.

The male moved to step toward the counter, a ruby eye leering at the bird. As he moved he did so with an obvious limp. The steps were, in fact, due to his native form having one hind leg shorter than the other, but he rightly couldn’t correct all the backward events that occurred. Red eyes, a frequent limp, and the unique color of his magical aura, which was still wrapped around his O&O figure. He wiggled the figure.

Have you a bag? Also how much would you be charging for that minotaur?” He sat himself down and stared at her.

lake smiled and nodded "Yes i have a bag somewhere and im a paranormal expert. It means i can see things others cant and learn from them." Lake noticed he was interested in the miniature of tireks father and smiled. "Oh i found that in the old spirit basin when i was coming here.The spirit was a bit sassy but manipulative but i gently hushed him upwith some spirit salt. I was thinking about keeping it to determine where it came from but." she looked at the pony curiously.."My curiousity is telling me its power is best in your protectin.the miniature is about 100 bits if you wish to buy it. I can offer you a saddlebag to put it in." She said going to get one. Mystic leered back as if saying 'im watching you'

Ruby eyes traced over the figurine. It was well made, but it was clear that it had seen years. The gentle curves and chips of paint missing from minute areas gave the bit of art imperfection. He could almost remember his voice … It was rough, but wise. It had a way of deepening when he was annoyed and raising in pitch ever so slightly when he was pleased, or amused. While he was generally disgusted with authority figures, it as always interesting dealing with the ruler. Far more accepting to change than Discord expected -- he seemed capable of adapting to it. The discordant trials that Discord had presented were always met quickly, with swift and decisive action. But he was still a leader who sought to run a kingdom with order and consistency. As much as the spirit was interested in the male, he had to challenge that peace, push change and conflict into the kingdom. His ears pinned back as he drifted through the old memories. Some were as clear as say, but others were broken, or even missing. At such an age it was little surprising that he was so scatterbrained yet still pieced together and sound, if one could call chaos something easily under. The mare once again repeated that she was an expert of the paranormal. Her words caused hi brows to arch as he shifted is weight to turn to her.

The figure was set on the surface of the counter. He listened as she went on about her finding it, spooks and goblins causing her duress in the process. Sitting he placed a hoof on the counter. “Next you'll be telling me you do hoof readings.” He was clearly ill convinced, which, given his true form, held a bit of irony.

Discord himself was labeled a spirit due to his paranormal abnormalities that were far from -- normal! He was a god of chaos, a being of fantastic ability. Yet he seemed to be spending his day buying figurines. An odd one that. At her declaration of its price his fur bristled, the male pushing to stand as his pupils shifted in shock, one seeming, but for a moment, larger than the other. His shock was clear, that price outrageous. He looked around and began to understand why her shop was empty. These were prices that suited nobles, not common ponies. He glowered. The spirit wanted the figure… the memory. He sat again, taking a moment to calm. She turned away to fetch a bag, the disguised spirit glaring at the bird. His plus pulled back in a grin, showing off a set of dragon-like front fangs before pursing his lips.

Well, I must say that is a rather steep price, but perhaps we can do a trade…” after all making deals with spoopy beings was her thing, right? “I don't have many bits,” heck he hadn't a job proper. “But I do have information. You… like ghosts, correct?” even if he seemed the sort to not believe in them. “I know of a rather unique spot in and near Ponyville where a powerful spirit lives.” he Tested.

If she hooked onto the bait, we'll he could perhaps get the figurine…

her eyes sparkled in curiousity "Okat 1st answer no i do not do hoof reading i am a paranormal expert..and" she looked at him more curiously.." come to thin of it..you do have the same paranormal reading  as a great and powerful spirit.Discord i think is name is.." she smiled. "but if you dont have the bits ill ill consider your trade. if your bluffing you get to work for me for a wh-" orbs began to surround her i protection and she could hear them..or she thought she was the only one.

"Dont give it to him lake!" one spirit said

"Its discord! the REAL ONE!" said another.

Lake looked up smilingtrying to calm the orbs "Um sir may i ask what your name was again? My spirit employees somehow think your discord. but that would only make senseif chaos was about and my version of it is a bit different."

In such a state the spirit hardly had any of his usual magic present. In fact if one, paranormal or pony otherwise, attempted to inspect his energy it would not be unusual. An ordinary unicorn, but that was part of the illusion magic. It was far and few ponies who could see through his illusions and it currently counted up to three: Princess Celestia, Princess Luna and Fluttershy. After all no pony but one’s best friend would take notice of those unusual quirks unique to thee spirit. The way he walked and the way he pulled his hoof to his chest were reminiscent of his true state of being. Her comment was given a raised brow. Him? Have the energy reminiscent of Discord.

I think you may be mistaken, but I was just in a shop where many ponies were about. Discord does often visit Ponyville…” So it wasn’t farfetched.

The unicorn kept his ears folded back, the flesh twitching occasionally as the noises invaded his senses. The noises and high pitched chirps were a bit irritating, grating, but there was nothing audible, that came out as words. He could not hear them properly -- the spirits talking that is. But the better to explain he could hear the sounds in the shop. Before Lake stood an ordinary unicorn that, if one turned away from him, they would have easily forgotten the old grey pone. He didn’t really stand out. No truly unique attributes gave him form, save his cutiemark, but it was common. So what was Ponyville without Chaos? Normal as normal could be. In fact it was curious -- did this pony even live here or was he visiting?

Dark Strife.” He answered, moving to sit and poke the figure. “You should probably not go around claiming ponies to be Discord. You know they say when you speak of a devil…” He tapped his hoof to his chin. “Well isn’t he? Quite a normal company in Ponyville. He seems a local presence everyday, save for Tuesday…” For obvious reasons...

"I dont say it often to ponies." lake replied and gave him a bag and then got hers and her coat. then she looked at the orbs "Chill guys. Discord is a reformed spirit now.Now guard the shop while im gone and for lunas sake dont touch my figurines. it was hard getting a custom made mage." she said and prepared to lock up the shop. "Forgive the spirits that help me..they are just nervous around evil spirits.. they think one might posess me."She turned the key making a click that the door was locked and turned to him.."Please lead the way dark strife." she said smiling. 

The old stallion looked to the mare, unsure what the rabble were squawking in her direction. Becuase he could not see, or hear them he did not believe they were there. To an elevated being such as him it was simply cosmic, background noisr. She was merely convincing herself they were words rather than the random scraps of information and sputter from the other end of the universe. As he stood on a higher collective it was difficult to grasp the beliefs of a group so far below -- so mortal. To him it was just another silly game born of the creativity their short lifespans, in compare, provided. 

He was fine enough. His illusion magic should keep him. After all it was not ordinary illusion magic. Reality itself was changed, the light alone not being contorted, but all measure of existence of his pony. He didn't just change his features, but his entire body was bent and warped to represent the desired shape. Oft times the shift would result in a number of peculiar colors shaded into the body of the animal, but that wasn't to say it is always the case. Not even the great wizard Tirek afforded the sight of being able to recognize Discord in this form.

He was sure quite few ponies could and that was only due to their familiarity of him. In time any disguise, overused, lost its strength. It would become too recognizable. "Well I hope not, handsome devil as he is I don't think there are any ponies who want to be him… or associated with him." How… sad.

He wasn't so bad. So he was a super powered entity with the ability to alter and crumble one's familiar reality. He wasn't so bad. He made rather lovely cucumber sandwiches he was rightly proud of. He knitted quite well. Having fingers helped. For now he had hooves. The limping male turn ed to look at Lake. She was -- odd. To think she was keen on being shown this place. It was a joke. She was a joke. Ghosts didn't exist. They were just illusions of the mind, bits of the fractured time-space continuum letting remnants of echos whisper though the veil. He hoofed along after her, trotting a bit to catch up to her side. 

"Hold a moment," he dryly chuckled. "You can't be serious." It seemed a little too easy. "I mean, I've only the rumor of a 'spirit house',  certainly its conjecture. Ghosts aren't real." He stated. "There is a rational excuse for the happenings." That left a bad taste in his muzzle.

Discord was never one for making sense, but be living in ghosts, we'll that was something g he'd rather not have. Such a belief opened doors to many other possibilities he wasn't ready to explore. Being alone had been difficult. While he had not appreciated their attempts at friendship in the past… all the creatures born of the realms and realities who have come and gone… it would make their passing little more than unbearable. While the end was part of a beginning, the idea that they still excited beyond their alloted time and even presented themselves from alternate planes of existence… 

There was a reason realities did not cross. When they did it was due to damage, not chance. The very idea that there was a place after this one… scared him. "Why do you believe in such a strange thing? There's hardly evidence to prove that there is anything after this." While he would get a kick ot of such nonsense, he was reluctant to be wrong… but he was even more reluctant to admit something was impossible...

Archived