A Promise of Cherry Blossoms (Open to Neighpon OCs: All Others PM for Invite)

Bellosh

XqEzCsl.png

By all rights, Lími should have been wincing by now from the loss of blood circulation Mei was inflicting on his forearm. Yes, the caribou "felt" his appendage slowly grow numb... yet at the same time, he felt nothing. Not even the fact that Lími's darling qilin chose to latch onto him with such happiness stirred his heart. Neither did the sight of all the blooms in the courtyard move him; a young bull who had once been astonished by the sight of plants beckoning with all colors of the rainbow.

In truth, Lími needed more time to decompress from the horrors of earlier. Thus it was that as he and Lián Mei were brought to a reception room to wait, the bull of Askr paid little notice to the interior of the Palace Castle. Once the two guests were alone, Lími ambled over to the balcony just to have a moment to himself. There on that terrace, with the wind free to dramatically ruffle his hair and the back of his kimono, the caribou longed desperately for the companionship of his energetic canine companion. Alas, what Lími would give right now to rub Hammer's chin and play fetch with her and forget all that Neighpon business...

Mei's exhilarated questions forced Lími away from his fantasies, but the caribou showed no outward sign of it as he continued to look despondently down at Kyoma below. From up here, Neighpon's capital looked less a city than a scattering of towns surrounded by pink-colored sakura groves. Lími was paying attention however, and he had the sense to respond... abit in an obviously detached manner, never glancing back at his partner. "Just... follow your blood sister's example, I suppose," the caribou mumbled. Believe it or not, the fact that the mare of Lími's desires was sworn sister of the Empress of Long Guo rarely crossed his mind.

Then again, Lími also made a point of not constantly referencing his status as adopted son of the Jarl of Askr, so there was that.

If the Son of Sigrun had any audacity left in him, he would have instead insisted that Mei keep her cool in the Shogun's presence at all costs. Of course, only fools presumed to command a dragon... and Lími wasn't foolish enough to seek out a dragon mare's fury. There was that charred robe of Mei's, but what could be done about it other than induce another panic attack in Mei. Assuming this Shogun had eyes and ears everywhere, he ought to be expecting it anyway and not take offence.

As long as Lími and Mei refrained from causing international incidents, the shattered pieces that was their Neighpon vacation could finally begin to be reassembled.....

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

ESYq1aF.png

He had been told what to except, certainly...

But that still didn't fully prepare him for what he was greeted with.

Suffice to say, Ryuichi's opinion on Clan Askr of Whitescar had been decidedly poor ever since the debate over the legendary sword held in Canterlot. The fact that the clan had even bothered to debate the ownership of the blade still rang true, where they could have simply holed up in their blizzard swept holds instead...but the arrogance that had been displayed during the debate was not something Ryuichi was going to be forgetting. As such, the Ryuma had fully expected a dignitary from that same clan to be imposing in stature, large, warrior-esque - symbolic of everything Neighpon had come to fear, hate, and otherwise detest in the species. 

...He was not expecting this.

The rather...unkept appearance of the Caribou's companion was immediately noticeable as the servant that had entered the room first announced the presence of the Shogun, and Ryuichi was ashamed to say his eyes lingered entirely against his will as the Kirin stiffened and gasped, struggling valiantly to keep utter glee from her face. The dignitary himself was removed from the main seating area, framed against the magnificent view of the western half of Kyoma, and looked nothing like what Ryuichi had been expecting. He was wearing an unassuming and plain kimono, rather than a more informal yukata for the outdoor festival, as was his Kirin companion...although, her kimono was looking decidedly...burnt. 

...Probably best not to comment on that.

"Honored guests," the Shogun intoned, walking past the bowing servant to take his seat at one end of the low table. One of the cushions had been removed to one side, Ryuichi was quick to notice, undoubtedly by that same servant - guards were expected to stand alert and at attention at all times, not sit down next to the Shogun. Ryuichi ignored it for now, and instead waved a dismissive hoof towards the servant, signaling for some sake to be brought in. When they had their privacy, he would rearranging the cushions again and invite Sandā to her seat.

But for now, he was, against all better judgement, rather curious about all of...this.

"I welcome you to the Palace Castle," Ryuichi said graciously, adjusting slightly so that his robes flared out from his seated position. "To be quite candid, it is unusual to entertain foreign dignitaries during the most important days of a national festival. There are many instances that require my attention today." There was an implication in his words, but Ryuichi's tone remained mild and genial, even as his golden gaze snapped, steely and hardened, onto the Caribou. 

"So you will forgive my ignorance." 

The words were not a request.

"What has brought Clan Askr to beseech this meeting with the Shogun of Neighpon?" 

Sandā's eyes narrowed a bit under her helmet as the two visitors came into her sights. She never really liked caribou, especially since the only peaceful ones she'd met made light of her father's death. Still, she remained as silent and stoic as her role demanded, standing just behind and to the right of Ryuichi. Her gaze stayed firmly on the two visitors, wondering why they were here today of all days, and why the mare's outfit was so burned. What happened to her?

XqEzCsl.png

The decisive moment was at hand once a servant announced the arrival of Neighpon's shogun. Lími didn't know too much about Shogun Ryuichi other than what his mother wrote about in letters; that the Shogun hid his emotions from others, was youthful and traditionally minded (but open to change)... and apparently failed to appreciate the scope of the threats faced by Viking Caribou every day. Lími's first impression of the Shogun leaned favorable and according to expectations so far, although something about the Shogun's armored bodyguard made the caribou feel uneasy. Regardless, the Shogun remained cordial by Lími's standards.

...Until Lími picked up on Ryuichi's eyes.

One's eyes always betrayed someone's true emotions and aims, Lími learned in his youth during his fumbled attempts at learning self-defense, and the Shogun was no different. His voice spoke in pleasant tones, but the Ryuma's glare revealed harshness. Lími bit his lip; that didn't bode too well for fulfilling his vow to Mei.

And then came two words that shattered everything: Clan Askr.

For all the effort Lími took earlier on the way to the Palace Castle to mentally play out this very meeting, not once did he think to include in his calculations how his actions reflected on Askr. That oversight threw all his planning into a garbled loop. The young bull repeated the Shogun's words in a confused manner; "Clan... Askr?" The Son of Sigrun cast decorum aside to scratch the back of his neck; "Ummm, uhhhhhhhhhhhh....." Lími flashed a nervous smile as his mind drew up a momentary blank; given enough patience from Shogun Ryuichi, the caribou would in time figure out the right course of action.....

ESYq1aF.png

...What.

Ryuichi considered - very briefly, mind - that he had been mistakenly fed the wrong information, though the likelihood of that was slim. He had been told, quite clearly, that a Caribou dignitary from Clan Askr was here along with a Kirin companion, and the idea that the messenger had misheard or mispronounced the clan name so poorly was ludicrous in theory, outright nonsensical in reality. There too, was the fact that the Caribou was not simply correcting his supposed mistake and introducing himself by the correct clan - instead, he was caviling and balking and...scratching his head. 

And looking all around confused and...rather enduringly befuddled. 

Either an actor of the highest quality...or a foreign dignitary that, perhaps, needed to seriously reconsider his line of work. 

Whatever the case, Ryuichi continued to stare down the Caribou, ignoring the Kirin mare who seemed to be attempting to surreptitiously prod and poke at the Caribou, hoping to incite some reaction other than a blank stare. His golden gaze, once hardened and steeled into impassivity, couldn't help but soften somewhat as one of his own eyebrows raised, just slightly, letting the Caribou's continued silence spiral into the still room. He would have been content to patiently wait for an answer until eternity, but the servant chose to re-enter the room then, carrying the requested sake. Ryuichi briefly cut his glance to the side, the slightest tip of his head in thanks towards the Unicorn, before the servant bowed low and exited, once again.

Leaving them exactly where they had left off.

Still, Ryuichi waited another moment or two, before he took his gaze off of the Caribou again, gesturing for Sanda to take a seat at the low table. Her cushion was placed over to the side, perpendicular to himself and the other two - easier to intercept an attack, should one occur. The Ryuma waited until the Pegasus had taken her seat, before promptly ignoring protocol and picking up the sake bottle himself, pouring out four drinks with smooth and practiced motions. Whether or not the guests chose to take their, Ryuichi did not wait to pick up his own, taking a small sip and appearing completely at ease with his surroundings. 

Rather charitable, in his opinion. More than enough time to relieve pressure off the Caribou and allow him to collect his thoughts.

"Did I misspeak?" Ryuichi said mildly, knowing full well he did not, as he cradled the sake cup between his hooves. His gaze was less frigid as he took in the Caribou and Kirin once again, more bemused and curious now. A foreign dignitary should have been able to carry himself with grace and poise, and some false platitude, as well. This...stalled, confused Caribou seemed entirely too...sincere, to be one. Unless - again, an actor with a longer game in mind than this simple meeting. "I was informed a dignitary from Clan Askr of Whitescar was awaiting his audience with the Shogun." Ryuichi paused for a moment, eyebrows dipping down on his forehead as his careful Shogun's mask continued to slowly slide away, replaced with genuine curiosity and confusion. "Perhaps I may be so honored by your names," the Ryuma said, a hint of wry amusement creeping into his voice. Maybe an introduction would loosen their stiffened tongues.

Or the sake would, for that.

Medo%20Banner_zps8m3djg1l.png

The way that the scene had been playing out so far was one that she can't really say that she was expecting. then again, she wasn't really expecting much. Everything was a surprize here for her. Running into her friend, running into what was essentially an Equestrian God, running into a Dragon Mare with a temper about as hot as her breath, a Caribou that was skiddish, a Neighponese native that had no honor or loyalty to her home country, and one of the priestesses all in the town square, just so coincidentally right where she was. Which only proved what she had said earlier to the inventor pony that seemed to be so high strung and full of herself that she degrade everypony else around her and not listen to the very fundamental basic that every scientist type pony should know. Everything happens for a reason. This is one of the constants. Something happens because something makes it happen. A pony doesn't always know what, but a pony always knows it does.

Not that any of it mattered though. That mare was long since gone, and the dragon mare and her friend had already left to make their way to speak with the Shogun. She only hoped that the qilin would be more respectful in addressing the Shogun than she was with them. She could get away with that kind of treatment with them, but she pitied her if she though the shogun would tolerate that for a second. Of course she didn't know the shogun, but she could presume. Then of course there was Discord. She didn't know what the extent of his power was, but she was a bit surprised when all he did was look the other way. Then again, it was probably the best thing for him as to not cause an international scene. Deity or not, he still technically represented Equestria at the moment.

That said, when she heard Hoshi start talking about her robots, and how even Discord had heard of the events in Equestria meant the popularity of her sport was increasing. That was both good and bad, as while the increase in popularity meant that Hoshi could earn a lot more money, it also meant that she would be getting a lot more attention. Attention that Medo at least wasn't sure that she wanted. The comment that she made about keeping who she was under wraps only further accentuated that point. She heard her introduce herself but ask that the name kept quiet because she wanted to have some peace and quiet. This made Medo blush a bit considering she already yelled her name loud enough for anypony in a three mile radius to hear.

Shen she heard Hoshy ask what she had been up to, she was quick to answer. "A lot... Too much actually. Sometime last year I got a letter telling me that I had recieved an all expenses paid education at Canterlot University in Equestria. I don't know how or why but I'm not questiong it. So I've spent the last six months over there working on classes and I was coming home for the break and was going to go back in a week or two. I was planning on spending the holidays home with my sister, but the earthquake on Ryushima had different plans in store for me. Port's down for a couple days for repairs," she explained. Of course she was now happy for the delay, but a part of her still wanted to get home to her sister, and the rest of her family.

6Fujs1J.png

Shaking hands with discord was... interesting. Hoshi had never shaken the paw of a lion before so perhaps there was a first time for everything.It was fuzzy and had those weird digit things. Once the shake was finished she smiled nervously at the spirit, "Um.. I'll be sure toodoo that then." Followed by a sputter of a nervous laugh. The question he posed abotu her duties at the dome did manage to get an earnest giggle from her, but her response was initially just a shake of the head. Hoshi whistled and soon Kuzu nimbly hopped over and climbed on top of the pegasus' head. 

"Act-shoe-alley. We use bigger versions of Go-lems like these one." She gestured to the fox golem sitting on her head who promptly struck a pose, "Showoff." She muttered in her native tongue. "They fight in big battles in the dome arena."

The mare in black's admission of admiration drew a soft blush from Hoshi, although this talk of a dark future felt kind of... ominous. At least with Aikuro, Hoshi could willingly talk about her profession in her first language. "Kuzunoha is strong enough to hold up in a brawl for a time, but to do so wastes energy and there are much more effective ways of finishing off an opposing golem.... and er... Thanks... I'll try not to let you down."

"Ah... So that's where you've been off to."`Hoshi smiled at Medo, "You must have got into someone's good graces!" Medo would soon find herself pulled into a hug this time. It was so great to see her again, "I'll tell you something: Until the port's back up you can stay with me in my place, okay?"

"Ah, I see. I must say, it is a wonderful town, or at least it was during my brief visit." Liviel smiled at Medo's explanation of how they had met, watching the ponies and Discord happily. While she did prefer peace, there was a kind of magic when she watched ponies get along. It still amazed her, really, and she was glad to be a part of it. 

"Where would be a good place to watch the blossoms, Akairo? Or Hoshi, do you know?" She asked, realizing there were two ponies here familiar with the city, most likely. The dog giggled softly at Hoshi's words and subsequent apology. "I do not mind, I have heard many dog analogies in my travels."

The monk's smile only grew wider as she witnessed a display of friendly love between Hoshi and Medo as the pegasus offered to house the unicorn for as long as it was needed. It warmed her heart to see displays like that. 

-------

Sandā stood at attention, not moving at all until Ryuichi eventually motioned her over to sit. She still wasn't sure what to make of the small caribou, especially since he seemed to be confused by the name of his clan. No matter. The armored pegasus took her seat at the table, her gaze moving back to the caribou and his companion after a thankful nod to her shogun. 

She really wanted to just go back to their sake and enjoy the day with Ryu, but it was a bit late for that now. Still, she waited until Ryuichi had finished pouring the drinks and taken his first sips before removing her helmet to follow suit, setting it down so it faced Limi. With that, she took a sip of her own cup, glancing over at the two in a silent warning against any attacks. 

6SMi1qDG.png

As dangerous as the predatory spirit looked on the outside, close contact revealed a drastic contrast to the sense of touch. His paw, through the fierce limb of a lion, was as soft as the cotton, pillowy could he was known to produce. Even the leathery beans that acted like his pads were squishy so when the harder hoof made contact with the surface of the fleshy mounds they were cushiony, doughy. The delicate touch was telltale of the kind of pony Discord really was. The eyes were the windows to the soul and a hoofshake told of one's nature.

If one really looked and held hoofs with Discord they would find he was caring and fun-loving, even if a bit contrary.

His head turned to Akairo, his paw and claw pushing together to dematerialize the brochure. He settled himself above the ground, the arching serpent lowering his head to peer over the mare collective. He did seem to rarely find himself in the company of males, and sometimes it was better that way. His tendencies could certainly aggravate the masculine tendencies to recklessness, not to say there weren't feminine tendencies to such. As he thought that, those ruby eyes turned to Akairo, his lips curling up to a grin as his paw and claw tucked against his chest, ruffling against the soft fabric. 

"This all sounds fascinating, if I could understand it all…" given they were speaking in their native tongue in some instances whilst in others he simply couldn't relate to golems and domes. "But I am curious…" The predator floated around behind the young kirin activist.

The little firecracker amused him. The way her mane and tail were spiked about and how well her scales contrasted said features was just the epitome of chaos. He would adjust his body so his head was at level with Akairo's head, his ear to hers. He spat out his tongue at the display of love and friendship. He was in the business of learning it all himself, but it was much too harmonious for his taste. Even the Diamond Dog seemed to lull herself to it. Finally touching ground his claw, talon, hoof and paw met surface giving him height to match the present mares. 

"While I could ride all day on the flumes of affection and camaraderie I would much prefer taking in more exciting and historical sights. What do you say?" He leaned ever more uncomfortably close to Akairo, disregarding any idea of personal space. "Besiides, there's so much more to see than mares grappling." He would tease the apothecary on her death grip. Looking to Akairo he would give her a moment before springing off like a gazelle and floating in a random direction.

Probably not a good idea to leave the old spirit to his own devices.

It seemed that between Limi's unexpected ambassadorship, Medo's surprise reunion, and Akairo's own interrupted exile, no one was really have the sort of holiday they expected.  Was that due to the interference of Discord?  Or was that just how life worked?  Such philosophical musings were not inappropriate to the season; many could be seen contemplating such deep questions while meditating in the shower of the Cherry Blossoms.  

In a half-distracted way, the kirin answered the others around her, her eyes flickering between them and somewhere far away.  "That is good, Hoshi, that is good... take care of yourself in the meantime."  She let Hoshi and Medo hug and talk; it was clear the unicorn was a lost cause as far as the Cause was concerned, but there was no need to make further enemies by spoiling a nice day.  The same she felt towards Liviel, honestly.  "I cannot say what would be a good spot; it is rare that I require an excellent view to see all I wish to see."  She shrugged, returning to her own thoughts.

At least, she tried.  The udon-creature king of chaos seemed to have taken a shine to her personality, as much as she did to his.  Perhaps... yes, perhaps a private conversation could be mutually fruitful.  "Yes... I know of a few memorials that are emptied of their crowds during the festivals.  I will be more than happy to show you around."  And talk without interruption or eavesdropping.  Yes, that would indeed be a potentially great thing... for the Cause!

*Exit Akairo*

XqEzCsl.png

The Ancient Ones decided to throw Lími a bone by sending in the servant with the drink. With that unicorn in the room, it gave everyone else a distraction from the subdued spectacle of having a qilin prod a caribou, which allowed Lími more time to absorb the ramifications of what he'd unwittingly started. Should the young bull err in his judgement, it would not just be he and his dear dragon mare who'd face the Shogun's wrath. Lími's actions would also speak poorly of Clan Askr... and his very own mother. And if the Son of Sigrun cause enough offense, who was to say that the Shogun would diplomatically take his anger out on Askr? That'd ruin all the hard work Sigun had done the past few months to enhance ties with the Neighponese.

And it would all be Lími's fault.

The young bull could picture it now: his hulking and furious mother leaving a trail of fire and destruction in her wake as she sought out her inept son. And when the warrior cow finally found her quarry... she'd force Lími to sit down and listen to a ponderous lecture about the importance of representing his clan with honor. And of course remind the son how disappointed she was in how the bull let Clan Askr down.

Cue an internal voice shuddering "Odýrr".

Now the question was how to avoid calamity. Namely, whether it'd be better to craft a lie about a pressing issue off the top of his head... or tell the sad truth about the circumstances which led Lími and Mei to the Palace Castle. Both options had their risks; Shogun Ryuichi might lash out at the couple for wasting his valued time over something so pathetically trivial as finding a place to view cherry blossoms, but he would also be highly displeased should Lími bungle up his falsehoods.

Lími took once glance at Lián Mei as that thought crossed his mind. The last time the caribou tried getting away with telling what he thought was a necessary lie, it almost brought the bond shared between himself and the qilin lady to an untimely end. Relations between the two were warm for now, but would Mei be able to respect Lími for much longer if he continued to fabricate stories to escape his problems?

When the caribou glanced back at Ryuichi, he found a newly softened face gazing back at him. That... gave Lími some much needed encouragement. Maybe the Shogun would be receptive to the couple's actual desires. With one deep breath, Lími calmed his nerves as his ryuma host addressed him once more.

"Our n-names, o-of course!" Lími made a grab for the cup with the Neighponese drink, but it wasn't a dignified attempt. A small amount of the liquid ended up spilling onto the table as the caribou's trembling hooves brought his cup upward. "I... I am Lími, son of Sigrun," he explained, grimacing upon noticing through the corner of his eye that the Shogun's personal guard appeared as menacing as ever. Diverting his attention back to Ryuichi, he gestured a foreleg towards his traveling partner. "...And the lady is Lián Mei, my lov- errr..."

Egads, that slip of the tongue almost cost the flustered caribou dearly! "...Uhh, I mean my counterpart that is..... in fellowship, ah ha....."

Whew; embarrassment avoided! Gods only know what could have happened if Lími had finished saying "my love" in front of Mei? Good think the awkwardly smiling caribou caught that error in time, and without fail. Now then, to inspect the mysterious contents of the cup in his hooves.....

ESYq1aF.png

It was disgraceful, for a Shogun to be so uninformed. 

Why was he not informed?

He needed to have a serious talk with his scheduling advisor, or his brother, or the Ambassador - someone, anyone almost, because it was simply unacceptable for the Shogun of Neighpon to be taken by surprise so many times in one seating. None at all was ideal, but for the third time in as many minutes?

Unacceptable.

Luckily, Ryuichi was more in control of his emotions than Clan Askr's dignitary was, and the Ryuma's face remained genial and generally impassive, even as something that sounded suspiciously like frustrated screaming rang throughout the inside of his head. Why was he sitting opposite the son of Sigrun, Chieftain of Clan Askr, without having known that exact fact before this very moment? Why exactly was this information that hadn't been provided to him, beforehoof? In retrospect, the Ryuma supposed it didn't really matter who's son had come to meet with him, really.

...But still. The mild dislike he held of Clan Askr had extended mostly to its leader, whose insensitivity had not endured her to the hearts of Neighponese citizens in the slightest. What she had to gain by sending her son -

...Was he even an official dignitary?  

He did not hold himself like one, nor speak like one either. Stammers, shyness, uncertainty - no traits that a foreign diplomat could afford to have. Had Clan Askr actually sent a false representation of well-wishes, some personal insult to his nation? A sign that Neighpon was not even worth the effort of sending a properly trained dignitary?

...No, Ryuichi found that difficult to believe. Whatever her faults, Chieftain Sigrun clearly knew how to handle herself, and had had a firm grasping of basic etiquette and adherence to a diplomatic situation...even if her lack of sensitivity left something to be desired. Ryuichi could scarcely believe that, after the great strides she had taken towards peaceful relations between the two countries, the Chieftain would sabotage all her efforts to simply send a contemptuous message. Which meant that Lími was either lying about the Clan he was representing...

...Or he wasn't representing his Clan at all, and was simply...doing a, very poor job of correcting his slip up.

Ryuichi - rather politely, in his mind - took another long sip from his sake cup, pretending not to have noticed the Caribou's obvious slip-up in the face of his companion. It was difficult to ignore the flush that spread over his brown cheeks however, as he hastily attempted to rectify his mistake - and only making said mistake more the obvious, if the sudden widening of the Kirin mare's eyes and subsequent, accompanying flush that adorned her face was anything to go by. Perhaps the Caribou realized it as well, taking a sudden, intense interest in his sake cup.

Ancestors, that was adorable.

It was almost as entertaining as watching a film. Ryuichi glanced over the top of his cup towards Sandā, wondering if his friend was getting just as engrossed in this apparent drama as he was, before returning his attention back onto the Caribou. Son of Sigrun, formal dignitary, or besotted fool - whatever he was, Lími was too sincere and genuine to be a dishonest individual.

No matter what sort of circumstances had brought him here in the first place, Ryuichi was completely and assuredly certain of that. 

"Lími, son of Sigrun," Ryuichi intoned, holding up his sake cup briefly, "and Lián Mei. I am honored to meet you both." A brief dip of his head, mimicking the one he had given earlier, before Ryuichi was back to staring at the Caribou. "I meant what I said, before," the Shogun said after a moment, glancing down at the cup he was still holding with one hoof, "there is much to be done, on this last day of the cherry blossoms. A poor day for the Shogun to be sitting idle," Ryuichi commented a bit dryly, one eyebrow raising, though where his eyes had been hardened before, now they were soft, as the Ryuma leaned slightly over the low table.

"So speak your mind, Lími, son of Sigrun...and tell me truth. Why are you here?" 

This... was not what she had expected from the caribou. Sandā could tell from looking at him he was no warrior, but if his performance was anything to go by, he was no diplomat either. What was he even doing here?

The pegasus paused with her cup raised to take a sip as the caribou made some sort of slip-up that was made all too obvious by the blushing faces of the two. Well, that explained why they were together, she supposed, sharing a look with Ryuichi. After that, she glanced between Limi and Mei, one eyebrow raised as Ryuichi spoke. She wanted to speak too, but there were a few problems with that. First, she was a guard, it wasn't her job to speak. Second, Equestrian was a language she had much more success in understanding than speaking. She simply contented herself with taking another sip from her cup and keeping an eye on the two. 

XqEzCsl.png

If Shogun Ryuichi wanted the truth... then so be it.

As if to give himself the courage to press onward, Lími first give himself a sip of sake. He didn't want to drink a whole lot at once; the caribou remembered the painful lessons learned from carelessly gulping down hot sauce in excess. Thankfully, the sake contained no nasty surprises. To Lími's tongue, the drink was pleasantly warm but with a sour taste. Powerful aroma to it, too. The young bull... wasn't sure what to think of sake yet, although given the choice, he would rather have been drinking sweet honey mead.

Whatever his opinions on Neighponese drinks, Lími forced himself to smile after he gulped the sake down. It was the polite thing to do, of course. And now... it was time for the truth:

"J-just call me Lími, Your Excellency."

Or not quite yet, because it would have become tiresome for all having the Shogun address the young bull as 'Son of Sigrun'. Keeping the sake cup in his hooves, Lími subconsciously mirrored Ryuichi by also slightly leaning over the table. Perhaps now was the time for the truth?

One deep breath of air first, and then; ".....You are right, honorable Shogun. The Sakura Spring Festival... it ends this very night, and our reasons for us meeting you," Yesssssss, go on; work that improvisational magic! ".....To speak the truth, we have none at all... for I-I have lied about being an emissary sent to treat with you."

Cue a bashful smile from Lími, who wasn't so naive as to think that would go over well with the Shogun. Awkwardly interjecting, he instantly added; "B-b-but that is only because, as I s-s-swear Your Excellency," another deep breath; ".....That it was never our intention to call upon you to begin with! By your leave, I... I shall regale you with the tale o-of how Lady Mei and I have come to be at your Palace Castle."

With another small sip of sake, Lími opened up to Ryuichi about almost everything: about the vow he made to Mei that he'd take her to see the blooming sakura. On how the two traveled to Neighpon for that very purpose. How they were nearly run over by a foreigner and were accosted by other tourists. That his false claim about having a meeting with the Shogun was only so that said tourists would go away without feeling like they were being given the brush off; "...Although it's now apparent that I was too clever by half, heh heh ehhhh. Never in my dreams did I imagine that the ears of the Shogunate could listen to all that transpires in Kyoma."

Steadily, Lími composed himself more assertively the further he delved into his story; "...The flower my counterpart wears was plucked from my very antlers!" Next came of how the crowds ruined the brief solitude shared by the caribou and the qilin; "...And that was when Lady Mei's robes were uhhh, scorched by fire." He neglected to mention that it Mei's fiery outburst which was responsible for the deed, but a dragon mare's virtue always needed to remain unsullied.

"...And that is all there is to say, Your Excellency." By then, Lími's cup was empty, but he was burdened by fear no longer. "I am Chieftan Sigrun's son by right of fosterage, and I do represent the interests of Clan Askr at the Equestrian royal court... but I was never sent here at my Lord Mother's behest. My and Lady Mei's reasons for sailing to your land are strictly our own. .....Since my foolishness has robbed you of time that could have spent on more pressing matters, all I ask... is for Lady Mei and I to be allowed to continue finding a spot to view the cherry blossoms; while there is still t-time to do so." Begging the Shogun to sit under one of his trees was pushing Lími's luck; being able to leave the Palace Castle without putting a rotten taste in Ryuichi's mouth was all the fluffy bull asked for.....

ESYq1aF.png

It took all of two seconds for Ryuichi to go from polite interest in the story, to a sudden desire to slam his head into his hooves.

'Tsumi,' the Shogun mentally groaned, careful to keep his face neutral even as he rebelled against the sudden urge to rip out large chunks of his mane. New blooded, eager to please, young, Koito Tsumi was a relatively recent addition to the servant staff in the Palace Castle. Hired more as a favor towards her now retired mother, who had served the Palace faithfully and loyally for decades, Tsumi had been all too proud to be serving the Shogun, doing her upmost best to ensure her place a favor for years to come.

And doing a bit more, besides. 

This wasn't the first instance of Tsumi taking matters into her own hooves, exactly why her name had immediately sprung to mind. Just a few months ago, she had gotten wind of a flood outside of Kyoma, and had nearly rounded up the entirety of a panicked Vanguard for a rescue effort before learning said flood had only consisted of a young foal's destroyed aquarium. Tsumi's heart was no doubt in the right place, full of justice and righteousness, but there was no questioning that the young pony tended to overreact to and overreach the slightest events...

And gullibility was not exactly a desirable trait when paired with such. 

Urge to rip out his mane now passed, Ryuichi continued listening intently to the young bull's story. Rather fascinating, really, for Lími to have done all this solely to bring happiness to his companion...who had, the Ryuma noted, let out some noise that sounded a mix between muffled squeal and deep inhale and attempted to subtly check herself over, at the mentioning of her rather burnt state. For the most part, however, Ryuichi's golden eyes remained fastened on the Caribou, silent as he listened to a story of grand promises, hastened lies, chaotic spirits, and impromptu meetings with leaders of states. 

All for the sake of the cherry blossoms. 

Ryuichi was almost disappointed he hadn't thought to bring a scribe here with him. Such a tale would need to be recorded in song and rhyme, for future generations to marvel at.

"...Thank you, Lími, for the truth," the dark colored Ryuma finally said after a long moment, sake cup long abandoned on the table as he started intently at the other. "Perhaps, in the future, you would be wise to repeat this exercise for others." The words were said dryly, a hint of sarcasm coating his voice, but the amused smile never left Ryuichi's features, a smile he struggled not to let break into a full blown grin. It was...well, it was downright humorous, attempting to image the events that would have led a no doubt increasingly flustered Lími to his doorstep, wondering how his little white lie could have somehow landed him an audience with the Shogun. He was almost tempted to ask for a fully detailed retelling of events. 

But Lími had not spoken falsely - the day was already past midway, and the Shogun of Neighpon couldn't very well remain hidden on the most important day of the Sakura Spring Festival. Ryuichi eyed the young Caribou a while longer, contemplatively. 

...Well. He had endured all this solely to bring the Qilin mare Mei underneath a blooming cherry blossom tree, had he not?

"Time does indeed grow short," Ryuichi stated, glancing briefly at Sandā, before looking back at the young couple, "I'd imagine the best viewing spots have already been claimed." The large hill to the east was the most popular destination, as the rise in elevation afforded the best view of the falling petals. The various pathways and long roads that were lined with the trees were also popular, a veritable flurry of petals falling nonstop. Yes, all the good spots would have undoubtedly been claimed by now...

At least all the public ones. 

"If you wish it, you may take part of the festival through the privacy of the Palace Castle gardens," the Ryuma offered, a hint of a grin crinkling his eyes upwards a bit. "The trees inside it are very lovely." As if they hadn't been hoof-picked and bred by the best botanists Neighpon had to offer some several hundred odd years ago. "In fact, I would insist - I would like to continue this meeting after the festival has concluded." Ryuichi didn't wait to see if Lími felt bothered by this revelation or not - with this entire business of impromptu meetings, he didn't think it so presumptuous to arrange a meeting of his own. 

"That will be later, however," the dark colored stallion instructed, waving a dismissive hoof towards the pair. "For now, go - enjoy the last day of the Sakura Spring Festival. You've a vow to maintain, do you not?" And he had a city to attend to. 

And by attend, he meant waving his hoof around and plucking fallen petals from the foreheads of foals. 

...Not necessarily a bad thing, no.

Medo%20Banner_zps8m3djg1l.png

Medo patiently waited for the creature of chaos to finish speaking, before watching him begin to break away from where they were, saying something about not being able to understand them. The comment did draw a small chuckle from Medo, considering that this was supposed to be a god. Didn't gods know every language? How did this one not know neighponese? Oh well, maybe her native language was harder than she gave it credit for having been raised in it. She could hear Hoshi struggling a bit with the Equestrian tongue as well. Perhaps it was just a regional thing, and some ponies could get the hang of other languages better.

She she heard Hoshi turn to the mare that was... somewhat of a trouble maker and explained to the two of them how her golem fighting worked and some of the techniques that she used. With a nod the mare seemed to take her leave from the area that they were in. No sooner were they walking away she felt herself pulled into a hug again and quickly returned it. She heard Hoshi say that she had apparently gotten into somepony's good graces and that she could stay with her until they had the port up again. "Arigatō. That is most welcome. As to who's graces I could have possibly surprised or gotten good with, I'll never know. Prior to last year, I'd never left Ryushima, and only rarely left Jikan. So I don't know who could have had the bits for this. I won't waste this opportunity though. How about yourself? it seems you've gotten even more popular. Winning a lot I take it?" Medo asked mostly already knowing the answer to that question. Hoshi rarely lost, at least from the letters that she got.

XqEzCsl.png

In the time Lími took to savor his last sip of sake, Shogun Ryuichi uttered no sound. The caribou bull voraciously anticipated what his host would have to say, but oddly, fear wasn't any part of the equation. Could have been something in the drinks perhaps; Gods know how the normally boisterous Viking Caribou become even more so after a couple mugs of mead or ale. And then, the ryuma spoke...

"Uhhh, but of course," Lími replied bashfully to the Shogun's suggestion; "I-I am confident that others will... wish to revel in my tales as they feast and make merriment." There would undoubtedly be those who'd call the storyteller a liar over all the absurd happenings inflicted on him... but what was a good Viking Caribou story without a hint of the impossible? They wouldn't be singing praises in Lími's name anytime soon, but maybe it was enough just to know that the young bull could make others laugh.

All those thoughts were forgotten as Ryuichi vocally remarked on the lateness of the hour. Lími and Mei were going to have to work real hard now to-

WOAH THERE... had Lími heard the Shogun correctly?

Was Ryuichi... offering them a spot in the Palace Castle gardens? Did this mean Lími's long tiresome quest for a sakura would have a happy ending?

Lími was always a caribou who wore his emotions on his sleeve. This time around, the young bull's emotion was 200% elatement! His jaw dropped wide open, his eyes dazzled with pure joy. The Shogun's request for another meeting almost didn't register in Lími's mind. All that mattered was that the caribou's sacred promise of cherry blossoms was to be fulfilled, and in the most satisfactory of ways on top of that!

"Oh, thank you thank you thank you thank you!" All pretenses of decorum were swept aside as a thankful Lími stood up and made his way towards Ryuichi's end of the table. Assuming the pegasus guard made no attempt to stop the caribou, Lími's right hoof would have reached out to clasp the Shogun's own right foreleg. It was the sort of traditional greeting gesture that one would expect of a Viking Caribou. "You are our savior, Shogun Ryuichi!" The deer of Whitescar's eyes shined resolute upon Ryuich's globes of gold; "I swear by ALL the Ancient Ones that your favor will be repaid ten-fold!"

...More time will be needed for Lími to figure out that not every favor must be paid back with a sacred oath. Tsk tsk tsk; if he wasn't careful, the young bull will one day end up making a vow he cannot keep.....

Sanda continued to watch the caribou as he told his tale, sipping her sake as she listened. It was a bit unbelievable in places, especially having met what was apparently that Equestrian lord of chaos out at the festival. What would he be doing here in Neighpon anyways? The pegasus said nothing about that though, keeping her gaze on the caribou as one of her eyebrows raised in doubt. When Limi requested a place to watch the festival, she had to hold back a snort. He was going to request something like that after wasting their time like that?

Ryuichi's response though made her snap her gaze to him in surprise, blinking a bit before putting her cup down slowly. She looked back at Limi as he spoke again, sticking out a foreleg to keep him from getting too close to Ryu. She gave him another warning look, waiting for Ryu's decision on if the caribou should get any closer. She really just wanted to get on with Ryu's public appearance right now, but she wasn't going to shirk her duties at all just because of that.

ESYq1aF.png

Despite himself, Ryuichi couldn't help the brief spike of panic that shot through him at the young bull's sudden movement, an instinctive reaction to the unexpected and unaccounted for. After all, a Shogun that didn't train himself to react didn't stay the Shogun for long. 

He needn't have worried, however, a fact that became amusingly clear in only a matter of seconds - Lími was so grateful for the offer of cherry blossoms that he'd only moved himself around the table for a profuse exclamation of gratitude. Sandā had had the same instinctive reaction as him, and had moved faster still, throwing out a hoof to prevent the Caribou from reaching him. Ryuichi was entirely grateful - his friend's fast reflexes had meant the difference between life and death, once before - but it was clear that Lími's actions were heartfelt and genuine, not some inane assassination attempt, and the Ryuma waved off Sandā's hold on the Caribou, allowing said bull to clasp onto the hoof of the Shogun.

"For so simple a thing, I would have been remiss not to offer it," the Ryuma chuckled, briefly gripping the Caribou's foreleg as he stared into Lími's eyes. They were all but sparkling, almost literally, as if Ryuichi had just granted him to dearest of favors ever to be given to a friend - and from his very serious vow, that might have been entirely possible. So little a thing, and yet it meant all the world to Lími

Ancestors...that was adorable. Again.

"Go now," Ryuichi instructed warmly, "and enjoy the remainder of the festival with your companion." Said Kirin was, Ryuichi noted, still seated in her position, staring at him with a shell-shocked expression...or was that star-struck? Her eyes were veritably shining as well, an equal match to Lími's own fervor, and if she and the Caribou weren't a match by the Long, Ryuichi would be very surprised. "We will speak later." 

And that was that. 

It was a full twenty seconds after the two of them were escorted out by the waiting servant, however, before Ryuichi let out a gust of breath, running a hoof through his mane as a somewhat incredulous laugh involuntarily escaped him. "By the - is he real?" the Ryuma queried of Sandā, as if the Pegasus might somehow know the answer...despite Ryuichi having had the answer sitting in front of him for the past several minutes or so, in all the literal sense in the world. "He is, isn't he? Ancestors..." 

...Well. 

He would have time to pursue this turn of events more closely, after Lími and Lián Mei concluded their cherry blossom viewing. In the meantime, he had blossoms to view himself. The most magnificent trees in the city were also sectioned off for the Shogun and his family to observe, out in the open, to witness the event with the rest of the nation rather than holed up in the Palace Castle. It was a tradition that Ryuichi valued, for no matter how many hooves he needed to shake before he reached the spot, sharing that moment of falling cherry blossoms with the citizens of Kyoma was a moment that he would not trade, for anything or anyone. 

"Well then," the Ryuma breathed, slipping off of his cushion to hold out a hoof towards Sandā, helping her onto her hooves as well, "it's time. We'd better join the retinue before Tsumi organizes a search party to look for me," Ryuichi said dryly, only half-joking, and stepped towards the double doors leading out of the meeting room. One last pause, as he breathed in and out, smoothing his expression back into the polite Shogun's mask - failed - tried again - there it is.

And out he went. 

[[ Exit ]]

XqEzCsl.png

Lími came close to apologizing for trying to grab at Shogun Ryuichi when the bodyguard attempted to put a stop to it, but the Shogun himself was more than accomidating.in returning the caribou's gesture. Everything else seemed a blur after that. One unexpected thing cropped up in Lími's mind however as Ryuichi took his leave:

He had just befriended the Shogun of Neighpon!

Boy, was the young bull going to be pressed for details by his fellow kin once they found out. That was a future time and place though; Lími had a beautiful dragon mare to attend to.....

*ONE HOUR LATER*

"...From this hour henceforth

I pledge to revere all petals,

bask in fragrance, bask in beauty,

and serve forever the Empire of Flowers."

Coming to an close was one of Lími's own compositions; a very familiar one to Lián Mei's ears. It had been the very poem the caribou bull spent a week in Garden Gait perfecting, in tribute of the qilin maiden who took it all upon herself to show the hidden delights of her village to a complete stranger. Having committed his work to memory, Lími was thus able to recite it whenever he (or Mei) wished... such as now while sitting on his haunches under the branches of the Shogun's secluded cherry trees.

An old wise mare once told Lími that one could spend an entire lifetime looking for the perfect sakura blossoms, and that it would not be a life wasted. Were he a different caribou, the young bull would have dismissed that mare (a passenger on the ship to Kyoma) as a sentimental coot with skewed priorities. But as a witness to the spectacle of Garden Gait's flower fields, Lími knew firsthoof the power of a spring blossom to inspire the heart.

Pretty as the pink petals above the caribou and qilin were, Lími couldn't say for sure whether they could be described as "perfect" yet. At least, more perfect than a humming Qalipu's Cry or a Garden Gait wildflower. Less in doubt was the singular perfectness that was the beauty of his lady companion. Scorch marks on her kimono notwithstanding, Mei belonged in this very place. Of that, there could be no doubt. And Lími; he had the enviable position of gazing in Mei's direction for the entire duration of his poetic performance.

By the time Lími finished reciting his poem, a southerly breeze was rolling in. That signaled of the arrival of Sakura Spring's penultimate phase, for cherry blossoms are destined to only bloom for a very short time before fading away. Just like clockwork, individual petals began trickling down upon Lími and Mei. In short order, that small trickle would inevitably escalate into a pink flowerfall.

Magic... was in the air.

Lími caught one of the falling petals with his hoof. "I've heard it said," he reflected on the fragile flower remnant; "That if two creatures eat dropping petals from the same sakura, they are permanently bound by Fate." The fluffy bull only understood disjointed bits and pieces about sakura lore, but maybe Mei could shine a light on the truth.....

oRYmoX5.png

Maybe it was her moment of shame just before their rushed escort into the Palace Castle, maybe it was Lími's soothing presence standing fast next to her. Maybe it was a retrospective look back onto all the blessings she had failed to fully appreciate, but could now see with a discerning eye. She didn't know, couldn't say for sure...but whatever the case or reasoning, she was entirely certain of this.

A more perfect moment there was not, not even if her dreams. 

There had been, of course, the initial panic during the meeting with the Rakuen Ryuichi Heika, and the subsequent internal flailing she had done - some external, too, utterly despaired to realize that she had been sitting in front of the Shogun of Neighpon with her mane and clothes in utter disarray. She had just barely kept it together during the exit and walk to the courtyard, before unleashing it all upon the poor unsuspecting Caribou, certain she had never been more humiliated in her life. What would her mother think of her, waltzing into the presence of the Shogun with her mane sticking out at odd angles, her clothes charred and rumpled and, and - ugh!

Which might have ended the entire day on a sour note right then and there, if not for said Caribou's calming presence. Nestled against the base of a magnificent cherry blossom tree, surrounded with even more of the beautiful trees that framed the entire setting in visions of pink, Lími had effectively erased all of Mei's self-doubt as familiar words began pouring from his mouth. She had the entire thing memorized, of course, but there was no denying the effect of the poet in question verbally reciting the oath-taken poem right in front of her - the natural pauses in his sentences, the flow of verse that she could imitate but never fully replicate. She hung onto every word, every syllable, her mouth even silently moving along to some of the most memorable verses - and for once, Mei didn't preen at the more emphatic sections, didn't even think to fiddle with her mane or tail or tufts as his words eventually rolled to a stop. 

She simply...listened. 

And if she had had any doubts beforehoof, the sudden breeze that picked up after Lími finished reciting the poem more than cemented the moment in time, the trees beginning to relinquish their gifts in full force. The one that sat closest under was just as generous, and Mei briefly tore her gaze away from vivid green to stare up at the magnificent cascade of pink petals, vaguely aware of the gusty sigh that tore its way from her throat. How many times had she dreamed of a moment just like this? Under a beautiful tree, nature itself shining its approval through some magnificent spectacle, with a handsome prince at her side to forever proclaim his love and devotion to her.

Only an hour or two ago, she was still dreaming, wondering.

And now...she had it.

...Like, seriously. She wasn't sure how much more her heart could take.

"Oh, yes!" Mei exclaimed, pink eyes widening as she leaned towards the blossom Lími had deftly plucked from midair. "They will forever share the same roots, is how the legend goes," the dragon mare extrapolated, tone hushed as if such knowledge was a well-protected secret. "So that no matter where they may fall, they...they'll always be able to find each other again." It was a well used trope in many a Neighponese romance stories and those illustrations the country was so famed for, and therefor, one Mei was keenly familiar with. Was there anything more romantic?

Well, aside from poems and empires of flowers? She didn't think so, thank you very much.

The tree above them was now beginning a veritable shower of cherry blossoms, and it was no trouble at all for Mei to reach up and lift a petal from the air for her own. A wide, giddy smile was beginning to take over her face, along with a faint blush that coated her snout and cheeks, but there was no embarrassment on her features, only expectation. With hardly any thought, Mei brought the petal close to her mouth...and paused, her hoof changing course at the last second to wave the petal in front of Lími's face, even while her own moved forward to snatch up the petal from the Caribou's hoof, not giving the bull a chance to protest.

Not that she thought he would, because despite everything, Mei had figured some things out, and it was about time.

The petal was sweet to the taste, succulent, a sharp burst of flavor that fizzled into something sweet and soft. Mei took her time with it, savoring it, living it...never taking her eyes off of Lími's, because again, she had figured some things out. 

"I don't," Mei began, and had to pause as her voice shuddered, uncharacteristic shyness overtaking her for a moment. Because what if she was wrong? What if all of this had just been her rose-tinted thoughts playing tricks on her?...but no, no, she had figured some things out, and that reminder was enough to bolster Mei's courage once again. 

"What I mean to say is," the Qilin tried again, with more strength in her voice this time, "I don't think I've ever...well. I've ever thanked you. For...well. For everything." Mei glanced off to the side, watching the petals dance in the wind for a moment. "For your beautiful poem, your promises...for being my friend." Despite herself, memories of those few months after the Grand Galloping Gala when her letters had been written with first reluctance, then hesitance, then desperation, surfaced in the back of her mind. How certain she had been of Lími's everlasting friendship back then...how close she had come to losing what she thought had been assured to her. 

How foolish she had been, to forget that for even a single second.

"And then all of this," Mei breathed out, once again looking around at the cascade of petals dancing around them. "This is more than I have ever dared to even dream, and you did all this and more." The Qilin paused, shaking her head slightly, before looking back at Lími, eyes wide and earnest as she shifted even closer than she already was towards the Caribou. "I just...want you to know that I...care about you, and...and for everything you've done for me, I..." 

Oh...she was no poet, she could not create a flowing sentence out of thin air. Mei struggled briefly, hoping what she was conveying was getting across even if her words remained jumbled and tied up around emotions and feelings and shame and surprise and fear and rejection and acceptance and want and love and -

And gratitude.

"Thank you." 

XqEzCsl.png

Ah; when the petal-eating tradition was explained like that, then yeah it sounded very sentimental. The more sakura petals that danced in the air, the more enlarged Mei's smile became along with Lími's. The caribou looked perplexed at first when his partner decided to snack on his petal at the last second, but after a second of reflection, a dorkish grin from Lími indicated that he recognized a golden opportunity... to take the hoof of Lián Mei into his own.

Whereas Mei wasted no time in yanking her petal from Lími, the other employed delicate and deliberation actions. First the young bull's left hoof first gently found a griphold on the qilin mare's wrist, then the other caribou's hoof reached out for the actual pink petal. Lími didn't take his prize at the earliest opportunity, taking several moments to savor the touch of Mei's cloven hoof. All the while, the poetically inclined scion of Whitescar kept his eyes locked on Mei's, although it started driving him nuts how several loose strands of the qilin's disheveled hair obscured a side of her face. Such beauty should never stay hidden.

Lími did get around to eating that sakura petal after a minute or so, and it was a blissful experience to be sure. No wonder why the Neighponese feasted on them to conclude the festival! Almost immediately after the caribou forever cemented his roots to Mei with a swallow, the qilin spoke up... or attempted to. Acting on protective instinct, Lími scooched closer to his lady as he thoughtfully brought his free hoof up to the mare's soft cheek; "W-what is it?" That other hoof of the caribou's was somehow still gripping the girl's wrist.

Maybe it was Lími's display of affection or something the qilin reasoned in her mind; whatever it was, Mei found the courage to speak up further. Honestly, Lími was only paying half-attention on the actual words Mei was uttering. More important to perceive were the heartfelt emotions behind said words; the dragon mare's innermost feelings betrayed by her earnest tones and the whirlwind expressions conveyed by those pink orbs of hers. By Gods, Mei's heart sang with beauty!

It was only after the qilin's concluding declaration of gratitude when Lími finally remembered the master plan in his head that he'd been brewing for weeks. The young bull was supposed to fret anxiously as he confessed to his lady love of the feelings in his heart. Using all the vocabulary of an Askr bard, Lími would vow to always protect Mei as they fought alongside one another, and that his heart would always be hers. And of course, Lími would summon all his courage near the end when the time came for one of his sacred oaths by the Ancient Ones!

"Mei..." That single word was as far that Lími managed to reach before all words left him. But it was not trepidation and caution that foiled the master plan; it was that confounded batch of Mei's rogue hair strands the caribou noticed earlier! Without loving words to pay attention to, all Lími could think about doing was brushing those hairs aside so he could stare at Mei's captivating face in full. Compulsion getting the better of him, the fluffy caribou finally set aside the qilin's wrist with appropriate tenderness, then proceeded to use his newly freed hoof to relocate the hairs in question.

There... much better. Now to rest his cloven hoof behind Mei's head. Just like in the caribou's dreams!

Once in Lími's life did he feel himself consumed in the primal magic of a heartwarming moment. It was back during his Will Test, when he opened himself to the light of Chipper Demise's friendship and reciprocated those feelings in turn. That forging of eternal fellowship had unleashed enough power to bring an entire field of flowers back to life! No words were spoken... but the young bull felt in every fiber in his being a similar connection between he and Mei was forming... but different. More... magnetic, as if two souls begged to form into one entity. And something that prevented Lími from being able to experience fear or form coherent sentences out of his thoughts, let's not forget that!

Confined in a world of flowery dreams where terrors and vocal expressions did not exist, there was only one other thing Lími could. The cloven hoof on Mei's hoof switched gears to caress the lady's chin, curiously at the same time Lími's green eyes darted over to Mei's muzzle. Oh Gods; how those qilin lips were begging to be kissed! Yep; the young bull was now 100% intoxicated by the object of his affections; even the dancing flower petals around the couple were apparently screeching telepathic commands to KISS HER KISS HER KISS HER-

And in the blink of an eye... it happened.

Yes friends, it did.

Surrendering himself of all free will, Lími carefully pulled Mei's head in close, shut his eyes, and swooped down! Remembering to tilt his head to avoid an awkward collision, the caribou's muzzle aimed true, locking lips with the mare he'd been fantasizing about for a dozen moons. And he swore, it was incredible! Mei's lips... they were soft, and tasted of cherry blossom. Lími's entire body trembled with jolts of pleasure he never thought were possible.

Oh Gods; this was so much better than any pale imitation found in the dream world!!!

Meanwhile, the falling sakura petals gathered into a majestic whirlwind around the qilin and caribou. It seemed the spirit of Neighpon itself was giving its blessing to the potential new couple.....

oRYmoX5.png

She had been half-expecting it, anticipating, even, so she wasn't entirely certain why it stall caught her by surprise. 

Surprise, yes...but not in a bad way. 

No...no a bad way, at all.

Mei was vaguely aware of the soft sigh that escaped her as Caribou lips fell onto hers, was half knowledgable of the hoof that was carefully and delicately caressing her mane and cradling her head, and the fact that she had even a modicum of awareness for either fact should have earned her accolades of the highest order, in her humble opinion. Because it was, rather honestly, a bit difficult to think over the mantra of It's happening it's happening oh it's perfect why didn't we do this sooner? that was running non-stop through her mind, and raging unrepentantly over the fantasies and expectations and hopes and dreams that had placed herself here with a shining prince in armor ready to whisk her away to his palace and riches.

This was nothing like what she had imagined. 

And it was impossible to place a name on the feeling that was rising, soaring, in her chest, as much as she tried. Triumph, perhaps. Relief? Understanding? A hundred and one emotions that all spiraled downward, encompassed in a single kiss, and Mei wasn't certain she would have it any other way. 

Words were, no matter how pretty they might be, pointless sometimes, and sometimes...it was best to simply be.

The veritable whirlwind of cherry blossoms that swirled around them went unnoticed as Mei shifted one foreleg to loop it around Lími's neck, not content to release his attentions for a long while yet. Because despite everything - the trials, the heartaches, the guilt and shame - despite everything, Mei's fantasies had come true. Not in the way she had hoped, but in the way she had needed

She'd found her prince.

And she was never letting go, again.

kqn0rFi.png?1

[[ Exit ]]

Archived