The Shogun Wants YOU! (and you, and also you. Just everybody)

Zeig

15 hours ago, RainbowFoxxy said:

I will soon be apping the karasu! :)

And after some thought and discussion I will instead be apping his second-in-command.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@moonshineTheleocat Rather than Ryuichi himself, it sounds like it's something the office of the Ambassador would be heavily invested in! Though I assume trade wouldn't be too heavy (as in Ryuichi's staff would turn more to local trades and products rather than overseas stuff, because Neighpon > Equestria, obvs), it would probably still be enough for Ryuichi to know who she is by name, if not by face.

5 hours ago, Zeig said:

@moonshineTheleocat Rather than Ryuichi himself, it sounds like it's something the office of the Ambassador would be heavily invested in! Though I assume trade wouldn't be too heavy (as in Ryuichi's staff would turn more to local trades and products rather than overseas stuff, because Neighpon > Equestria, obvs), it would probably still be enough for Ryuichi to know who she is by name, if not by face.

Prince Blueblood is in fact hosting a Hearthmas party at the Dutchess's home. A good place for him to see her mug.

"Eh? My eye? Oh hunny, I don't remember. The boys told me I took a claw right into the socket after getting blind sided by some big bad. I don't know about that, I could have easily done the same while spending a few too many long precious minutes with my husband and a head of beez's"

We'll see! The Shogun probably would like to travel overseas and see what all the hullabaloo is over this holiday of theirs...

oNuQqwC.png

Here's Pretzelpony's character, Hoshi Shirogane, a Golem Trainer and one of Ryuichi's idols in the Polohama Dome! I personally find that grinning fox pin as cute as a button, but I'm sure it's been the bane of golem trainers from all around the globe...

RainbowFoxxy has backed out from apping the Karasu character. Ciraxis is either going to try apping the Karasu or is sticking with the second-in-command position, I'm not entirely sure what's going on. 

Who-kay, looks like Ciraxis is going to try his hand at apping the Karasu! 

There are also still plenty of roles left to fill outside of the Shogunate, for other people who are interested. The Shogunate and some other roles might require new OCs, but there's always the possibility of slotting in already made OCs into certain spots! And as always, don't be afraid to throw out your own ideas if you've got any spiraling around in your head!

A couple of questions here, as I've been thinking of making a character or two in Neighpon for some time now....

One--how much would you love for the Shogun to have a younger sibling? (or twins) I had this idea rolling around in my noggin' of either a younger sister or a set of twin sisters.

Two--are you wanting to keep with royal/high-level lineages when it comes to a potential/future bride? I feel like I would love to make a high class lady, but at the same time...I love the idea of doing a fabulous lady hot spring owner who is romantically inclined towards the Shogun. Maybe it's one sided. Maybe it's a bad apple Shogun. Who knows. Plot. Idk. 

I had a third question but I forgot so I guess that's it. Still thinking of things and character specifics. But I really am drawn to being a hot spring owner. :P

N3iph0n b3st n4ti0n kthx!

I would love for Ryuichi to have some siblings (only one of my several characters has a played, non-NPC family member and that makes me very sad). The only stipulation I have is that they would need to be younger than Ryuichi, since he inherited the Shogun position by being the eldest of his siblings. I'd totally be down for him having a younger sister, or a set of younger twin sisters.

As for potential/future brides, there's no requirement for being high-class or royalty! The Shogunate will likely be more approving of a mare that meets a certain standard (that could be coming from a high class or royal background, but might also be something like being very beautiful, or very successful in their career/business, or otherwise appealing in some way). They'll probably be less approving of a random mare from a backwater rice paddy village presenting herself as a potential bride, but it's not disallowed. She would just basically have to work really hard to prove herself/earn the admiration and approval of the Shogunate...unless Ryuichi really likes her and just says "screw you Shogunate" and marries her anyways, lulz.

But yeah, hot springs owner would still have a chance to become the future bride of the Shogun, whether or not she's from high class or not. If her business is hugely and wildly successful and profitable, she might even be cordially asked to consider presenting herself as a potential bride (which is basically a stamp of approval from the Shogunate). If not, then she would have to actively throw herself in the running by signing up to present herself as a potential bride.

(Also, if you do decide to go hot springs owner, maybe we can work out her and Ryuichi having some connection. Ryuichi really likes authentic hot springs, so I had the idea that if he takes time to go visit a hot spring, he goes to a specific one he likes, for the convenience and familiarity - and the owner being entirely accommodating to basically closing off sections of the hot springs at a time for the Shogun's privacy and security, lulz). 

If you remember your third question I'll be here! All day.

Every day.

Awaiting all things Neighpon.

*plants self firmly in thread and awaits more questions and comments*

Would it be out of the question for me to make a younger brother of Ryuichi that is also the Ōmetsuke? It sounds interesting, and I wouldn't mind making an older (and yet younger, of course) brother of his. 

Brother turned Ometsuke sounds a-okay to me (though what do you mean an older yet younger brother?). If he's the Ometsuke, then he would most likely need to be fairly close to Ryuichi in age, since the Primary Shogunate are required to have served in their office for at least four years - though, the disaster with the Kaiju was definitely a qualifier for an unusual promotion, if the previous Ometsuke was killed in the attack. So I suppose it's possible your character might have only been a part of that office for a year or two before he was selected as best possible candidate to become the new Ometsuke. 

Also, if knight does end up making a sister or a set of sisters for the Shogun, and either of you have really strong feelings on where you want your siblings characters to fall in age (i.e. if one of you really wants your character to be the youngest sibling, or the second oldest, or middle child, etc), you guys will need to work that out between the two of you! 

Suffice to say, I whole-heartedly approve.

d04q5eK.png?1

Hurray for Ryuichi's family members! This is going up in my gallery as well, but per tradition, I'm posting it in this recruitment thread!

I'm still doing the thing where I try to draw every character that's part of Ryuichi's circle of friends or family or work related, etc, but I can't promise anything. Luckily though, this one came out relatively easily! Looking forward to seeing one of Ryuichi's siblings in action!

• 2 weeks later...

First RP with the Shogun is now live!

*confetti noises*

It's a night of (potentially) drunken karaoke. Shogunate members and members of the Palace Castle have the green light to show up (and a bunch of them most likely traveled with Ryuichi there anyways). If your character doesn't directly work with Ryuichi and you'd like to participate, send me a message and we can try to work something out. Maybe your character knows someone else in the Palace Castle, or some random shenanigans happens...we'll figure something out, I'm sure!

• 2 weeks later...

Still accepting positions by any chance? This sounds like a lot of fun and I came across it while re-familiarizing myself with the boards (one extended leave of absence and everything changes, yeesh). One thing that instantly sprung to mind was one of my oldest characters to ever be approved, but never actually used: Rain Shadow, earth pony ninja of a village hidden in the snowy mountains beyond the reaches of Stalliongrad. Neighpon wasn't even close to existing back then, so... yeah. I'm surprised that no one has applied for the foreign ambassador position yet, so I could always find/create an OC for that, but I figured I'd see if there was anywhere you might want Rain first. Honestly I'd be happy to fill whichever position you're still wanting to see active, as creating a new OC would probably further stimulate my rather long-inactive muse.

Oh sure - most positions are always going to be open for people to fill them.

The Shogunate bodies will obviously close up if people app all the primary roles, but a character could still always work within the office of that Shogunate (i.e., a character that works in the office of the Technomancer, who reports to Shiroi herself, etc). Same with the golem care taking team (the Kansei is taken, but someone could still work on the team itself). Ryuichi's household (servants, maids, personal clothing designer, interior designer, chef, librarian, entertainers, etc) is always open, pretty much any position can be part of the Palace Castle's workforce. A character could be part of the Imperial Vanguard (the Palace Castle's guard force), any mare can apply to be Ryuichi's potential future bride, there can be multiple hot spring owners, multiple golem trainer idols (though probably not a lot of them. Maybe one more, since he already has one already). We can work out foalhood and military friends/acquaintances, and said friends/acquaintances may also work out to be in another position at the same time. 

Or, if you have specific ideas/roles for your character, just let me know. All in all I'm pretty easy - I'd rather have people play characters for Ryuichi to interact with than enforce a stringent idea for the characters and not have anyone play them at all.

(Also, if you're interested in the Offices of the Shogunate, I wrote up some unofficial lore on the topic, which goes into a bit more detail on the different offices and what they do).

As for Rain Shadow, I don't really know anything about them so I wouldn't be able to say. If the main point is that...she?...is a ninja, then the obvious position for her would probably either be in the Imperial Vanguard, or the office of the Karasu. Or, if you want to mix it up a bit, it could be that she's a part of Ryuichi's household, posing as a servant or an entertainer or something along those lines. Maybe she has a hidden agenda to getting work at the Palace Castle and no one even knows she's a ninja. Or, that's exactly why they hired her, so that she can act as an extra, hidden layer of protection for Ryuichi.

(Though note that if she's a part of the Palace Castle, she'll need to be a Neighponese citizen. Whether her app gets changed to reflect this, or she just changes her citizenship to Neighpon somewhere along the way, is up to you. Most of the other positions outside of the Palace Castle can pretty much be from anywhere - characters from other nations participate in the golem battles, they could probably set up a hot springs inn somewhere, Ryuichi could have met a traveler from another country while he was young or in the military, etc.)

But yeah. If you want to make a new OC, go for it! If you think Rain can fit into a position and don't feel like making a new OC, go for that then! The whole "you need to make a new OC for these positions" is mainly because of the Neighponese citizenship point - if you'd like to just have an old OC change their citizenship rather than make a new character, it all works out fine for me. It just doesn't make sense for an Equestrian, or a citizen from any other nation, to be serving in the Palace Castle alongside the ruler of Neighpon, 'ya know? But there's no rules about characters who are originally from a different country changing their citizenship to serve in Neighpon.

Yup, Pyro's character Sanda is the Shirudo. One of the first characters to be apped after this thread went up!

I really like the idea of a super overprotective guard, though. As Pyro said, maybe your character works with Sanda or is part of the Imperial Vanguard, and has certain ideas. We can also work out the idea of your character and Ryu having known each other from their early years (maybe alongside Sanda). Sanda might be Ryu's personal guard and head of the Imperial Vanguard, but that's not to say Ryu doesn't have other guards that are specifically assigned to him more often than not, or positions within the Imperial Vanguard that have some authority directly under the Shirudo.

If you wanna brainstorm something up, lemme know!

Alrighty, so. After review of the filled positions, there seems to be a lack of childhood friends or previous companions. All work, work, work. That's no fun. So I figured I'd request to have a character be a previous acquaintance.

That would be none other than de-alicorned Leonarrie (some day, she'll laze about in her full glory). So, earth pony form. Essentially avatar minus horn and wings! I'll need to re-app this version, as currently she's only accepted as a Crossovers app, and that hasn't existed for a long time.

Overall she's the wasted potential trope, forgoing superb abilities of both mind and body for satiating her wanderlust and fondness of relaxing. Occasionally rising to meet the challenge if the need is great enough, doing amazing things, then going right back to being a ragamuffin. Eating good food, bathing in the hot springs, some sake here and there... that's heaven. By her tendency to roam, she wouldn't be something completely constant, but would be around often enough when needed. She's rather jovial and spirited, and loves to make kabuki-style grand entrances.

I figure such a companion would be a nice relief from what could be the pressures of Ryu's office. As Leo has long had her proclivity to travel across many countries, she could have met him at any time that's convenient for you. That, and she's quite a weeaboo in the finest sense: she adores Eastern culture. Not hard at all for her to have spent more and more time there over the years. Her original concept was more of a ronin alicorn that just laid about anyway.

Let me know what you think, and I can make tweaks here and there. I'm right at the beginning of the creation process, so it'd be easy to make changes as I'm tearing down to the basic framework of the character to make the de-powered version.

Foalhood acquaintance/companion works out for me! I imagine they could have somehow met when they were younger, and perhaps kept running into each other during her wanderings in Neighpon. Is there anything particular that she's especially skilled at? Maybe Ryuichi first saw some of that wasted potential in a certain area and has been wanting to cultivate it by having Leo settle down in a certain job to cultivate/make use of that skill, though I'd need to know what sort of things she's good at.

And since she's a wanderer, she and Ryuichi could probably be friends at the present time, but not extremely close. Like, close enough for Ryuichi to be pleased to see her whenever she wanders into Kyoma and invite her to hang out, but still distant enough for the two of them to not take liberties with one another. 

How's that sound to you?

Archived