Light of my Life [Closed]

RexDraco

@AzureBlue

--------------------

CTgR8ufr.png

Lightning had been unable to gather the courage to find a place of work in Ponyville. The resident monarchy made him rather nervous and it was about the only suitable place for his abilities. What better place than surrounded by books to work? You could hardly call the local bookshop a library and the schoolhouse was unsuited to his status as a professor! It was no university. He had settled here with his special somepony in hopes they could live together, and she remain clsoe to her work and family! Hs own -- were quite far. Manephis was his place of birth, his family's home for generation, but he dare not voice his dilemma. If it would make Dusk happy and allow her comfort -- he would die with his secret intact!

The bird-brained scholar was currently at struggle with the boxes delivered by the moving ponies for the move. Piles of them now sat in the living area and he had no idea where to begin. He set the task on himself to unpack, lest pester the pregnant mare with undue stress! Bright feathers and a sunny attitude he was sure he could complete the task. All he needed was to divert a few points into his dexterity....

The point system.

It was Distant Lightning's way of dealing with his anxiety. When he was young his sister and he developed a means in which to combat his degrading, self-destructive fretting. While she was the courage and brawn, he was the brains and coward! Together the twins were a perfect being, but apart Thunder only knew how to fight herself out of a paper bag, while Lightning could talk himself out of one. Since Thunder was often hospitalized due to her weaker constitution, Lightning had to cope. The point system let him mentally compensate for his anxieties brought on by not having his other half at his side.

The pegasus gave pause, his ears pricking as his wing's claw reached up to adjust his monocle. Where was his stat sheets? He couldn't possibly reorder his points without his stat sheet! "Duuusk! Have you seen my journal?!" He always kept it at hoof, but in all the hullabaloo of moving, he seems to have misplaced it.

20161107_181821-1.jpg

Silent Dusk was wandering in their new home and suddenly heard the voice of her Husband as he apparantly lost his journal, rolling her eyes a little she nickered out at him. "Have you looked in the box with your books and office supplies dear?" She'd inquire.

It hadn't been too long since they had moved from the Saddle Arabian city of Manephis to the small village of Ponyville just to live closer to Hollow Shades because apparently her scholary pegasus had developed some attachment to the disaster prone town.

Yet all in all life was pretty good these days, her work as a royal guard went well, Luna was not quite too demanding with things and she currently had the pleasure of unpacking the boxes downstairs. Luckily she was still able to do such.

CTgR8ufr.png

It wasn't to say he was likely not at fault for a situation or two… Sometimes a misplaced word or misused book got trouble started. Nothing he couldn't handle on his own, he would snobbishly excuse. It was unlike Lightning to admit he was the best at everything. It was one of his redeeming traits. His ability to recognize his wrong and weaknesses did allow him to devise solutions to problems with the use of critical thinking. It would be a great more effort to try and succeed where he knew he failed as opposed to finding victory in a way he knew was more viable. Flexibility ensured his continued sanity and survival!

From overly spirited unicorn mages to estranged Griffon merchants trying to rip him off, it was always a trial in and of itself to keep Lightning on the path of harmony. Scholars were, by far the most troublesome sort of adventurers. An adventurer was exactly what Lightning was. While he didn't look it in all his glimmering cloths of red, and luxurious mane of crimson, he was a well traveled stallion! With a bit of here and there under his wing he was a profecient level to relocate from his humble, desert lifestyle, if one considered the sophisticated lifestyle of Manephis and its locals… humble, sure.

At her behest the monocle wearing book pony hobbled toward a pile of boxes meant to be from his workspace. He had too much stuff so his maids had only allowed him to pack a portion, and with such they ended up packing for him and he knew not box from box! He was not only unable to find said box, but when he pranced over to pull the one he thought was the correct box, down, he collapsed the pile onto him. The avalanche of boxes was quite painful.

With no points allocated to agility the pegasus became trapped beneath a pile of education, as more than half the boxes were his books. Feeling his head spinning and back aching, Light whinnied as he slumped against the ground. 

"Duuuusk…" he was just a mess. 

It was the first time he had moved out on his own! It was the first time he was moving in anywhere, having been spoiled rather greatly in his youth. An adventurer he may be… but he was no housepony. He tried to wiggle out, but more books fell, to his luck. Ah, how embarrassing. He didn't want his beloved to find him pinned beneath the papery menace! 

"A-are you hungry?" He tried to save, after his wail.

Though given the sound the avalanche of tomes had made, there was no mistaking he made a boo-boo.

• 3 weeks later...

20161107_181821-1.jpg

Dusk wandered into the living area after having heard the avalance of books bury her mate, then snickered softly surveying the mess he had made, his plaintive cry amusing her, and his question about food a far too easy ruse.

"Oh Lighty what have you gotten yourself into now my love?"

Then she started plucking books off of her husband, placing them in a neat stack next to him as she flicked her black wings in obvious mirth, as silly as Distant Lightning could be, he was also an undyingly loyal and loving partner.

"Silly horse."

CTgR8ufr.png

Lighting felt rather silly being lumped beneath his books as such. Here he had taken care of them for years, only to be betrayed by the texts and near crushed beneath their place! He turned up his storm grey eyes as the sound of hoofbeats drew closer. When Dusk came into view the male pinned his ears against his skull and pressed his chin to the ground. Such shame to be seen in this state! He was a stallion and should be more reliable for his pregnant special somepony! With her help he was able to work out of his educational prison and scamper out. The wooden floor scraped with his frantic hoofing, the air thumping with his wing beats.

Finally stable he would look to Dusk with a pout. "I had failed my save." He excused. 

Such amusement she had for his failure. He has shamed the ancestors! He should not be allowed to live! But he would watch as she laughed and moves her wings with the joy she received from his tomfoolery. Pricking his ears his right wing reached out to set his dangling monocle back onto his eye. Wrinkling his muzzle he pouted. She was happy, but that was still embarrassing. He wasn't silly…

"I was trying to be responsible." He bade. "In your stage of pregnancy you should not be working." He pressed, turning to stack the remaining books, only to find his journal in the aftermath. 

Sitting he turned to a page that was blackened by smudges and cleared many times over so he could reallocate stats. After drawing from his speed and wisdom, to place into strength and dexterity, he would open the book to a page littered with posty notes. Many lists for possible jobs, but nothing to call to just yet.

"Mother does not mind funding our venture here, but father has convinced her that we must care for ourselves as a couple. To depend on them shows no state of independent or skill." His pride was on the line!

20161107_181821-1.jpg

*Dusk shook her head gently as she then nuzzled his jaw.* "Better dice rolls next time then my love." *perked her ears in response to the second thing he said and laughed softly.*
 "Pregnancy doesn't mean I'm becoming completely helpless you know? I'm a royal guard after all." *she looked over his shoulder at the journal, his parents were good ponies but did have a point.* "Don't panic though Lightning, even if on maternity leave the guard still pays part of my salary due to our military healthcare plan."

CTgR8ufr.png

The orange Pegasus snorted, but when he felt the mare nuzzle his jaw, he lowered his head to return the affection, nickering softly as his red hoof scraped the ground. He always did love when she spoiled him. He cooed softly and move his skull to try and give her ear a playful nip. At her comment he grunted. Next time indeed. He would be ready. The bird puffed up, spreading his wings to show off how gorgeous he was, always glad to display for her pleasure.

"I must worry.." she was so small! "What sort of stallion would I be?" He wasn't the most commanding presence in the relationship.

Weak willed and a bit cowardly, if not for his genuine intelligence and stalwart efforts to take care of the mare he could have been deemed quite a bothersome existence! He lived to learn and study, but if that meant moving to be closer to your beloved's family and better work. He loved Saddle Arabia with all his heart, but it was just such a boisterous and busy place for a mare in her state. Perhaps after she was well and he had his own bits to his name: he would request returning. As it was now his pride prevented it! He would save!

He nodded to her. "Right. I will find a job as soon as I am able." He looked to his books and snorted. "We can leave this for now. Have you more to unpack? I shall come side you. We may set up the grounds on any way you please. If you want the walls painted a certain wait I shall do so!" He was quite willing to settle beneath her beck and call! But that was Lightning. "Whilst mother and father aided us in obtaining this place it was only to springboard us into responsibility." They were a c-c-couple now!

The happy thought made his monocle fog up!

• 2 weeks later...

20161107_181821-1.jpg

She chuckled softly at her stallion, he was always so worried about her well being. It was a good trait to find in a mate, sure he wasn't the bravest pegasus she had ever met, like that blue mare with her multi-hued mane she had seen flying about boasting about her admittedly great skill. But he took care of her, was loyal and did everything he could to make her happy, and that counted.

"You do worry and I love you for it my sand scholar, as for what kind of stallion you are/ the proud future father of our filly who shall teach her all of her academic skills."

Then she nodded at his request to help her unpack more of their belongings, she got it he wanted to show that he was useful because of the book accident even though she could never fault him for being a little clumsy, it was endearing.

"With your book smarts love, isn't there a job as somepony's secretary or pehaps as a scribe or researcher somewhere? If not in Ponyville then maybe in Canterlot? Perhaps they can delegate work to you here?"

EDnKd1mR.png

Lightning seemed pleased with himself, mostly due to the mare's praise. His flexed his wings, letting the feathery forms fold away over his back once more, as if it were a gape of reds and golds. The red maned stallion looked to the pregnant mare with eyes of ardor. His braided tail gave a flick as he moved to nuzzle her cheek. He was quite vigilant and focused on those he cared about. In all fairness she was the only other mare he had such care for, beyond his twin sister. That was truly a given seeing as twins stayed close the greater portion of their lives. They had a connection most other siblings, could not. 

When she accepted his aide he moved in line to follow her. "Secretary?" He pricked his ears before folding them down, his right ear tugging at the gold-leaf chain which held his monocle pierced to his ear for the sake of convenience. "Well, aren't secretary ponies usually cute?" He blushed a bit at the thought before shaking it away.

Their new home was not extravagantly large, like his manor in Saddle Arabia. It was a cozy two floor stone and wood home, typical of Ponyville. It was located just along the main collection of homes off the road into the market. It was a good spot, Lightning felt, as it would be easy for the pegasus mare to get there even if she was pregnant. He had considered many things when picking the location. Sadly it was a rather long way from the train station... Much of what Lightning brought form his home were his work materials. Books, writing tools, and journals he has gathered informational pieces he used to work on his research. He hoped to compile a book on the various cultures, both old and new, in a comprehensive travel guide for adventurers. The pocketbook should be useful for travelers of many kinds!

"What have you left to unpack?" He would follow her, forever enamored with her state. "Once we are done we could perhaps venture out into town and observe it?" They could perhaps get something to eat. Unpacking was hard work.

• 3 weeks later...

20161107_181821-1.jpg

Dusk smiled at her stallion, turning her head around to give his cheek a nuzzle. "Yes secretaries are cute, And aren't you always displaying how much of a pretty pegasus you are my handsome lover?" then trotted upstairs with the stallion in tow, leading him towards the master bedroom to help her with a few last things.

"If you would be so sweet to put my books on their shelves, then I will stash away my armor and our clothing so that we can properly sleep in this bed tonight. Isn't that exciting?" nodding her head at her partner's suggestion she gave a smile.

"Excellent idea Lighty! After we put this stuff away we should definately go into town to meet some of our neighbours and other ponies of Ponyvillr. Wasn't it also market day today? I could really go for some fresh apples and a carrot or two, maybe some ice cream afterwards? Did you ever have that?"

EDnKd1mR.png

The pegasus hopped a bit on his red hooves as she offered him affection, declaring his beauty -- well... He was pretty darn cute, if he had to say so. The bird furrowed his already knitted brows and stood tall, scuffing a hoof forward proudly. Yes he was handsome and there was hardly any contest. Look at these bright yellow and orange feathers? it was a wonder Lightning could even fit through any doors with an ego so easily inflated. He held his monocle tight in his left eye less it succumb to his posturing, eyes widening at her moving away to lead him along. He bounced after her, wings fluttering out so they could fold back against his spine.

Hie steps were light, even with his hefty looking build. He was elegant and, in many ways, quite feminine with his grace. He had been raised among performers, but the stallion's shy nature made it difficult to achieve such a lifestyle. He studied quite hard to make up for his spineless nature. He followed the mare up the steps, turning to look to the books.

He sat and began to sort them. "Oh yes, to think we have our own place and we will be together!" This, of course, made him happy! It was not something he would think he would experience in this lifetime. 

It had been difficult up until now, their traveling. It was constant, grueling and a great majority of it he wished to forget. He did meet interesting groups along the way and saw many faces.... but he still could not escape the hurt that came from his dealings with such unkindly ponies. He did not feel Equestria was as opened and friendly as it was claimed to be by not only its resident princesses, but its allies. He gladly sorted the books, keeping his mind off the past. One by one he would stand on his hind hooves and place the books where they were needed. 

"Market day? We do need some items for the pantry..." They would be with just rations left from their journey and that was no good for a pregnant mare! "Yes I will sort these quickly and we can go." He did make quick work of the books, this time not completely embarrassing himself and falling over. 

He made his way over to the mare, tucking his bit pouch under his wings. "I am ready!" He would make his way back down to the front door and wait for Dusk to come along and away. He would follow her out as a gentlepony stepped last behind his beloved!

• 2 weeks later...

20161107_181821-1.jpg

She smiled and trailed a few kisses along her stallion's jaw as he made his way over to her, yes he was a bit clumsy and vain, maybe even slightly silly. But he was hers and he was there for her when she needed him and that was all that really counted.

"Say now that we know it will be a filly how about the name Lilac Storm? I get this feeling that the name is nice."

Leave it to whatever magic permeated Equestria to somehow give a parent the fitting name for their offspring, though she made her way outside knowing that Lightning would follow her after locking their door. Though crime was practically unheard of in the town of Ponyville and such was refreshing. It meant less work for her regarding her job as guard and gave her time to relax.

"What do you feel like doing for dinner tonight by the way Lighty? And don't say -you- because I'm clearly dessert, not the main course."

Then the pegasus mare chuckled a laugh, giving the stallion's muzzle a tap with her tail.

EDnKd1mR.png

Lighting loved receiving any amount of affection from his special somepony. When she peppered his chin with kisses he raised his head, tail flickering in joy. His ego was quite small, pride sheltered by his limited self esteem. But that ego and self esteem was easily inflated by praise. He felt himself quite a looker and strutted more gracefully when ponies asked what were those on his back. The multicolored wings were reminiscent of the inverted coloration of a Phoenix's wings. He was a loyal bird, a greatly foolish one as well who often gave others too much benefit when there should be more doubt. 

He was hurt before and Dusk has been the one to stay among all of it. "Lilac Storm?" Oh she was going to give the foal his family name?!

How fantastic! The Pegasus smiled brightly and moved to nuzzle the mare's cheek. That had raised his spirits after he was nearly consumed by an avalanche of knowledge. He has heard terrible stories of ponies losing to such menaces. Though ponies that told the easily influenced scholar such cautionary tales were quite despicable. But he shouldn't be so gullible. Leave it to somepony attempting to take advantage of him, only to find a tinier pegasus bucking them under chin.

Perhaps it was simply smart parenting, or some divine intervention, but pony naming conventions were a bit difficult to break. It was destined, or just the way things are. 

He rolled his eyes and glanced away at her comments. Muttering something underhoof about a full course meal. "Oh, well something filling. No junk food like hay fries or cupcakes." Equestrians were infamous for their sweets consumption. "How about a nice outdoor cafe? A light dinner and we can go out for tea and cake before bed." He did not want to deny her sweets either. Thay may not end well for him.

He pranced after her from behind, his muzzle being bapped! He snorted and shook his head, rearing a bit before trotting to keep pace with her side. He raised his head proudly and marched beside he cute little Dusky. It would be nice to finally be out and about to properly view their new home.

20161107_181821-1.jpg

Dusk made her way to the market stalls while teasingly bumping her hip into Lightning's, his reaction to her tap against his nose was hilarious, her gentle lover always looked so comical when she did things like that, but she knew she had not hurt him despite his reaction and lead her stallion towards a stand where a yellow mare with an orange mane sold carrots and some other vegetables.

"Say Lightning I know you are not fond of it yourself but would you mind if I hopped by the special foods store and bring home some meat?"

She smiled up at him as she asked that, knowing that he frowned upon it a little, but she had acquired a taste for it on the long patrols and now and then desired to indulge in it. Stuffing a few bushels of carrots and lettuce in her saddle bags she paid the mare while she waited to see how her favorite stallion would reply.

EDnKd1mR.png

Lightning was typically considerate to the options on his plate. He was obstinate about decisions, always seeking to improve the mousetrap and better make use of his surrounding environment. He could be irritating with the way he took his time to obsess over the smallest details of a task, but it was what also made him an excellent choice to observe tribes and their cultures. He was clever and little escaped his notice. But, there was Dusk. Her actions were unaccounted for. He often times let her slip beneath his radar, mind lost on the features he favored most of her. It was his true and pure affection for her that made him an absolute dolt in her presence.

The hip bump only did to excite the bird-brain, the delicate contact forcing his focus wholly on her! His jaws parted, brows raising up. If not for his quick response to sour his expression he would have dropped his monocle. Luckily it was hooked to the chain and the end pierced in his ear to ensure a safe hold and short drop. He followed her through the market. Ponyville was within a lighter season. It neared Summer, so much of the spring weather kept ponies active in the markets even at high noon. In Saddle Arabia one could never wander at such hours. The heat would be excruciating. He took in the sights. Being among the common rabble and a gentle, spring sun he did without his leather tabard and kept his mane braided back to prevent snagging in the crowds. He was quite a bright pony that stood out against the doll crowd of spring and pastel ponies. His rich, sun soaked coat and crimson mane were both his name and blessing.

His ears perked, swiveling down as his focus was caught on some fine looking turnips. "Specialty…" before he could choke the work out she said it! "Well.. would they have such

a thing?" He wondered hesitantly. He didn't want to frightened the neighbors already! "I know Saddle Arabia has much, but…" this place was … far more backwater. He was not sure such a place could even exist!

• 2 weeks later...

20161107_181821-1.jpg

Dusk gave a nod towards the stallion's question, she had did some research about the place they were moving to and had found a particular vendor that also catered to more exotic visitors like griffins and the sort. smiling at Lightning she gave his chin another kiss and flicked her ears in apology. "I know it makes you a bit squirmy, but meat and fish are quite tasty once you get a feeling for it love."

She then made her way towards the vendor in question, sweat matting her black coat a little in the hot sun but that was the price a pegasus paid for having dark coated parents and ancestors down the bloodline. she was happy enough that she wasn't required to wear her heavy armor for a while though.

"Are you coming along? Light of my life?"

EDnKd1mR.png

Being a cultural anthropologist did not mean you were open to the differences of others. The field was, quite specifically, the study of the development of societies and their cultures. As such it lacked the ideal that these researchers needed to hold understanding of the customs held they had no right to judge. On the contrary. Due to their outward position there were a great deal that felt those who retained their traditions were primitive ponies in the stead that they looked to retain their identity as a tribe. No Light was an educated pony, but that did not mean he had to accept such disparity between his culture and Equestria's. 

Lightning could admit that he, at times, still felt the unsettling disgust that Ponyville was such a backwards step in growth. They had great power and opportunity, but he felt it was wasted. Student exchange? Cultural visits? But what about expeditions with ponies from both kingdoms?! How he would love nothing more than to participate in such a thing! To travel and be able to document everything he was able… now that is a dream come true. It was not that playing housepony wasn't nice; he could count various ways in which waking up next to somepony special could end in a pleasurable encounter. That experience was oft slinger and warmer sleep.

The kiss to his chin easily distracted him. "W-wha?!" He held out his large wings before giving them a flap in surprise. "It d-do not get squirmy!" He didn't, at least in the way she thought.

It was a morbid curiosity. While he had absolutely no desire to reckon with that regard, he still did tense at the implications of social abnormality. Documenting such pocket cases of extreme communal digression only fleshed out a researcher's otherwise plain and linear works. Light had all the ability to study Dusk's habits. He had traveled with her for quite a time and even, now, lived with her. What else could he discover among the discourse of daily life? He hopes a greater deal than he knew upon the surface. Having fallen madly in love did make him rather blind to her faults.

"Y-yes dear!" He jumped from his thoughts and pranced after her like a yearling towards his mother. Attentive and affectionate, even such a barbaric act as consuming the flesh of another creature out of pleasure rather than necessity! "Anything you require! You needn't be denied at this stage. It may cause undue stress!" He was quick to make it all about her.

He would purchase anything she desired!

"Oh, after this we need to find some shops to purchase generic furniture." They could not, should not, yet splurge. But food shopping did come first.

20161107_181821-1.jpg

Would purchase two raw slabs of meat at the vendor along with a couple of fishes, letting the sales pony wrap the items up before slipping them into her saddle bags. Leaving only a single strip of meat to nibble on when she answered her beloved husband.

"Are there any colours you would prefer for our furniture love? Personally I'm rather fond of natural hues like oak and timber, but if you think other colours are to be considered I'd love to hear it."

They would at least need a bed for themselves and a crib for later. Also a dining table with four or five chairs and perhaps a sofa, bumping her hip into her stallion again she gave him a grin while chewing on the meat between her jaws. Teasing Distant Lightning was one of her favorite hobbies after all.

EDnKd1mR.png

Lightning tried not to twist his face up in disgust as the meats were picked out by his mate, the vendor doing their best to move quickly, but the wrinkle along the top of his muzzle became obvious as he tried to pinch his nostrils against the putrid odor. While a master of the written word and the verbal eloquence of a prince... the stallion wore his heart on his forearm. He lightly scraped his right hoof against the ground and shook his head, brilliant red mane tousling about. His ears pinned back as he stood straight as Dusk responded to his request.

He seemed to light up at how she just focused on him! He loved the attention. Meat aside the affectionate stallion wiggled his crimson tail. While earthy colors would certainly match her fur and be a good addition to the home, being used to the decor from his manor he had a fondness for wine colors and deeper shades of royal purple! His opinions often stood far from Dusk's, her own upbringing causing her to take a more focused approach as opposed to his haphazard toss of the metaphorical dice. Sometimes they weren't metaphor either! He kept some with him to adjust his stats on the fly!

"Well perhaps we could mix? Your earth tones upon the first floor and my more personal royal colors on the second floor?" It seemed a reasonable compromise.

He stiffened feeling her hip bump his again. Looking down the bird brain floofed up at the grotesque sight of the meat. Yet the way her muzzle cutely scrunched up to tease him was undeniably adorable. He was a victim of his own obsessions it seemed, and Dusk wasn't a bad obsession to have. He liked to think of himself as a good and loyal mate! Spreading his wings the Pegasus would show off for his mare, head cocking up. He seemed to prance along beside her and snort.

"Madam, you walk with such proximity I may fall." He assured. "I'll have to hold out my wings for balance." Or more like, showing off. After a stretch he folded back the feathery cloak and settled it on his back and side with a roll of his shoulders. "Now we must attend to the furniture. That, I shall purchase." Though he hadn't much on him given a restricted allowance from Saddle Arabia, he still felt it was his duty as the stallion!

20161107_181821-1.jpg

Dusk slurped up the strip of meat inbetween her jaws and gave him a lopsided smirk, then watched her stallion show off his multi hued plumage and as always admired it, rewarding his boasting with a warm kiss, holding it for a moment before pulling away, replying to him.

"Sure love we can mix the colors for our home, that is no problem at all you will stick to your beloved purple and crimson shades I dare guess?"

Then she trotted alongside her proud bird as she nodded at his demands.

"Very well dear you can purchase our furniture, think we should also get some more basic things like bath salts, shampoo and mane conditioner? Oh and ofcourse I need to visit the local pharmacy to get a potion."

EDnKd1mR.png

Lightning could count his lucky stars that his fur did not allow the strong tint of red to escape to the surface, for when the mare kissed him in public he nearly fell to pieces, molting a bit from the surprise. One could see the feathers burp from his wings as he twitched! Such public displays seemed a touch low brow yet he could not find the heart to deny the mare anything she wished! He was quite easy to twist. You needn't even strength to pull him to your side. At least Dusk didn't. He was one of the most stubborn birds on Equus. Though it seemed a very strong trait in Pegasus. Pride was hard to erase, especially when, for Light, it covered up a medley of anxieties.

He sputtered a bit. "I.. I think the colors go well with my feathers." He dear not say hers for as much as he fancied watching her nap she need not ever know he peeked while she slept!

"Where would we find such luxuries?" He walked about, only a few steps ahead of her. If danger approached he needed to be ready! She may have been the warrior and he the coward, but he had a duty as a stallion that could not be ignored! "This town hardly seems…" Well he wish not offend, but were there such places to afford these needs? "A potion?" He would query.

He made lead to the furniture shop and entered, being sure to hold the door for the mare. There was a vast selection of couches and... Quills. Odd, but that was the stock! There were plenty of colors, but none of the ones Light seemed to fancy and request. It was absurd to think they would even have such colors! His protest hardly escaped a sigh. Dismayed, but not selfish in the matter. It we unimportant the color, so long as it served its function. He was always one to settle and step down from causing a scene. 

• 2 weeks later...

20161107_181821-1.jpg

Dusk rolled her eyes at her stallion and smoothed her wings along her sides. "Lets say that I think one foal will be occupying our time well enough for a few years don't you think my love?" hopefully her smart bird got the hint a little better at that explanation.

Looking around the quills and sofas store she guessed that they could at least pick out a sofa for the living room, one with more earthy hues and big enough for multiple ponies.

"How about that chestnut colored one my darling? and as for those other products I'm very sure that Ponyville has a general store of sorts, if not we can always check the market again or purchase tickets for a day trip to Canterlot. It isn't dreadfully far away you know?"

EDnKd1mR.png

Lightning liked to think himself a prodigy. Knowing the answers and being able to express his intelligence came with ease, so many thought. His encyclopedic knowledge of the mundane was unsurpassed, but he was simply a well studied pegasus who loved to learn and collect information from the most peculiar categories in libraries. As a cultural anthropologist he felt it his duty rink ow as much as he could about even the most obscure greeting rituals for tiny, scattered tribes in distant, almost forgotten, locales. He was a nerd. It gave the illusion of genius because there was little he did not know and the pegasus was quite good at pulling needed information when to go and got tough! The problem was practicing the theory, of which he got little of. 

But as these things went… Lightning we still sluggish on the up keep. He stared at Dusk a moment or two as his mind attempted to compile various pockets of useless information at his hooftips. Those things, crimson brows shifted down, knitting together in focused thought. His face began turning red as he thought hard on the idea. "Right." It seemed he got it. "Right!" Op, there it was. Probably best he didn't flounder.

While Dusk chose the male shook his head, pushing his mind from that back alley. He trotted up to her side, staying relatively close without being overbearing. He wanted to make sure she knew he was there to lean on if her hooves hurt or she just wanted to snuggle! He liked the latter much more as she wasn't in pain like the former. They didn't have the colors he liked, but if Dusk chose it he was sure it matches. She did have an eye for color after all… and that thought made the proud pegasus pose. There was never any telling why Lightning would just strike a pose like that. Either somepony complimented him or he complimented himself.

Probably the latter today.

"It will do since it is the living space." They had just agreed to split the areas of decorating. "I think we can check first before purchasing tickets. That is bits better spent on you, for your sake." He declared. 

Whenever she was ready he would purchase the couch and follow her to market to give another round for this medicine.

20161107_181821-1.jpg

Dusk watched him pose and a slight smirk curled the corners of her lips. Whatever her dear husband was thinking about made him feel good about himself, and that in turn made her feel a lot better. After all it made her happy to know that her at sometimes skittish partner felt at ease, she liked it when Lightning felt optimistic it made him radiate this sense of joy that she loved to see in him.

"When you're done showing off your beautiful plumage to the clearly undeserving spectators, shall we head back to the market my beloved?"

The pegasus mare teased as she had chosen a sofa and gave his shoulder a gentle nibble, waiting for him to pay mister Davenport. then trotted ahead of him as she made her way back outside again to see if the market sold what they needed, not really feeling like making the trip to that shaman, Zecora she heard about.

EDnKd1mR.png

Lightning was a bit of a show off, but it was part of his charm. As a noblepony he had the pedigree to act superior towards others. Sometimes his personal dislikes bred a high brow sense of superiority, traits trained into the prestigious ranks in ways of etiquette and pride rather than actual dislike. Though he did have a personal disregard towards unicorn, something born of negative, loathsome conflicts occurring in his youth. Regardless of all that he did have a good spirit! He was raised well and in spite of others lack of understanding of his culture he was always sure to remain brilliant about possibilities that faced him. A great adventure soon to be faced was that of a foal! To think he was to be a father! It made the stallion quite proud that somepony thought him, of all ponies, responsible enough.

He sputtered at her words, the large, dual colored wings flapping awkwardly as he stumbled in place, making sure not to crash over his own, red-painted hooves. He tapped them together and stood tall  as his tail flicked. The male cleared his throat and tucked away wings and shook out his mane. Squinting his eye to ensure his monocle stayed in place he lowered his head slightly, a bit shamed by his foolish show. Bouncing a bit the male moved to trot up to her side, still somewhat showing off.

Feeling the nibble on his shoulder he perked up again. “Right!” Without words shared he was able to realize his place and that it was up to him to pay. He would have not had it any other way! It wasn’t right were he unable to care for her! “Here you go, could you deliver it to this address?” As the information was passed Lightning turned to look to Dusk. “You wanted to check for specific herbs, correct?” He would follow her to the next location. They had a few errands to do so it was good.

Getting out of their new home and relaxing after working to move in all day was nice!

Archived