A Good Old-Fashioned Hearthswarming Feast! (Open Thread Announcement)

Blueblood

In all the annals of Equestrian History, few dates are as significant as Hearthswarming Eve, for it is from there that the history of pony unity is said to begin.  While this originally meant unity between the tribes, traditions later grew that would encourage unity between the classes, as well.  For example, in literature and legend praises were sung of the lords and ladies who would throw open the doors of their great houses to all comers for feasting, song, and revelry!

Sadly, with the decline of the aristocracy into a class of rich urban snobs, such great traditions seem to have fallen by the wayside.  Regretting the passing of these old and better days, Prince Blueblood has decided (partly as a way to rehabilitate his own reputation) to revive the tradition of the Grand Hearthswarming Feast!  With the assistance of the Duchess of Fet Loch, who will more or less play hostess to the comers, the halls of the great country house shall be bedecked with holly and thronged by ponies (and non-ponies) of all stripes and classes, to celebrate the great winter holiday.

Such, at any rate, is the plan....

So, I basically got the idea after reading a bunch of 19th and early 20th stories centering around English Christmas traditions, and though it would be a good idea to start up a thread centered around them!  Think of this as a sort of mini-semi-official-event, open to spin-off threads and the like.  I just wanted to have something on the site about the holiday coming up.  Hopefully, I'll have the OP up sometime around early December, ready for everypony who wants to get in on some winter festivities!

I'd like to gauge interest here, as well as take suggestions for what sort of things people would like to see and do here.

Yes. Do it. All the holiday RP! If you're up for suggestions a band! For chaosi-- caroling. Discord loves music, especially when he gets to convince ponies to use the most confounding instruments gets ponies into the holiday spirit. He likes to be in charge too. Give him the job of conductor so he feels wanted! He'd be more than happy to order ponies around show them traditional songs and how to hit the perfect pitch to many everyone feel disgruntled warm and cozy.

In short music, there has to be caroling and hot coca. 

6 minutes ago, RexDraco said:

Yes. Do it. All the holiday RP! If you're up for suggestions a band! For chaosi-- caroling. Discord loves music, especially when he gets to convince ponies to use the most confounding instruments gets ponies into the holiday spirit. He likes to be in charge too. Give him the job of conductor so he feels wanted! He'd be more than happy to order ponies around show them traditional songs and how to hit the perfect pitch to many everyone feel disgruntled warm and cozy.

In short music, there has to be caroling and hot coca. 

I don't know how Star Breezer would feel about this. This is her home after all XD. But hot cocoa? Sure. Caroling, Breezer might be wearing some ear plugs to drown out the music.

Archived