The Historian's Guild OOC

Dubstep

The Historian's Guild! Most citizens of Equestria, as well as the lands beyond, only know of this organization as a group of scholars and librarians across the world with the goal of preserving the knowledge of various countries. And while this is true, only a small number of individuals are privy to the real purpose behind the Guild.

The Guild has a multitude of purposes, chiefly amongst them though is the retrieval of dangerous artefacts that have been deemed too dangerous to stay in the public eye and properly seal them away. Aside from this the various sects of the Guild each have their own purposes, such as preservation of knowledge or protecting those who can't protect themselves.

Most of the information is located in the Historian's Guild Unofficial Lore page, while questions not answered there or suggestions on how to improve can be brought up here! This will not only be a place for discussion on the Guild as a whole, but also for talk of OCs for the Guild be they new or current ones you wish to bring in, as well as a place to keep track of what threads may be active! A roster of Guild Members will be kept in the Lore Page for easier access.

If you would like to make a character for the Historian's Guild please feel free! Regular members of each Sect such as Applicants (who aren't QUITE members just yet), Adherents, Initiates, and Itinerates are open for creation. For characters that are already established, we can discuss reasons on the how/when/why of them joining and sort that out .

If you'd like to make a Camerlengo please message me and we can discuss it! Apprentices to the Camerlengo will have to be mutually ran by me and the Camerlengo in question.

Do keep in mind that the inner workings of the Historian's Guild is a secret and that very few would know of its existence. If you want to have a character outside of the Guild that knows of it, we can discuss that as well, but please have a good and compelling reason as to how they would know about it.

What are your thoughts on the Historian's Guild affiliating with another group?

I ask because when I first wrote up the Canterlot Historical Society, interactions between the two groups, and given that they work in similar fields but have distinct approaches I think it would make some sense for them to interact with each other.

Would it be worth having the two groups have official interaction with each other?

I figure it would be likely that they have at least some rudimentary knowledge of one another and have possibly worked together on occasions. Though unless you're a member or say someone in high standing like the Princesses (or others), the key important stuff of the Guil, like vault locations, knowledge of what they have secured, etc. would be classified. Basically the CHS would likely know that there's more to the Guild than they let on and that they're on the good side so they work together from time to time. So if not direct affiliates, working acquaintances. Someone you chat with at the work picnic and generally get along with, but don't particularly hang out with outside of work.

Hmmm. This would be an idea guild for my one OC that I need to finish. Pocket Change (One of my characters) has a sister named Docket who is skilled at restoring and or saving old books. She could have been working for a part of the guild and not know its true purpose, as stated in your text above. She considers herself a protector of old knowledge and magic. Some which would have been lost forever, but her skills and magic keep that from happening.. She would be happily doing her job, when for some reason, she gets a promotion....Hmmm.

Spoiler

6AX9tfK.png

Archived