Clan Henka needs some life!

"So, you want to join the clan? Well, you certainly look like you'd make it. Just don't expect the head to greet you, I've only seen them a hooffull of times and I've been here my whole life!"

With the acceptance of my new character, Yūrei Henka, the Henka ninja clan is now accepting new members! This thread is for anyone who wants to make a character for the clan or add a pre-existing to the clan. Fair warning though, any character not a changeling would have to be either a very new member or still in a sort of testing/training period before being fully accepted due to the opening up on species being a rather new thing for the clan. 

As far as her secrets go, really only the original changeling members would know how many and which of them are changelings. Her being the head of the clan is less well kept than that, being known by every member that could figure out the game and everyone that were around for the transfer of power. That's all I'm going to list here, though there are no doubt more. 

Well, with that out of the way, aside from general members, I have a few ideas for more specific roles to fill.:

Shiki-kan: Essentially the only one that knows most if not all her secrets, being her most trusted clan member. For obvious reasons, this would be a changeling that she had known for most of her life. They would generally deal with distributing the missions and keeping order, essentially being her second in command. They would also probably be masquerading as the head of the clan for her games on occasion, though that one might depend on who takes the slot. 

Possible Konsōto: To carry on her legacy, she needs to create a child, and to do that she requires a lover. Of course, not just anyone would do, they have to be special in her eyes. These slots could really be filled by any race, and they would really only be a possible lover thing, there is no garuntee they'll actually be together. 

Allies: Being who she is, she no doubt has ties and allies in all sorts of organizations at least in Neighpon, though I'll accept ones from other lands too. 

Rival: This doesn't have to be someone she knows from childhood, or even a member of the clan. It could be, as an example, a ninja from a different clan she met during a mission/random trip into town or even some samurai that ruined one of her plans and caused her to fail the mission. 

Those are my ideas so far, though I made add more later if I can think of any more. For now though, go ahead and offer characters for those slots and any other relationships you can think of! Also, feel free to post here or pm me if you want to do a thread with her to establish a new relationship!

Allies: Naj, Swift Squall, Calamity

Enemies: Clef(maybe?)

I had a look through my roster.  There's not much there for interacting with ninjas, but I was able to find one or two things that might be interesting.  I submit for your consideration:

Naj: This one's made somewhat tricky by the fact that Naj has never been to Neighpon, and I'd prefer not to just assume she went there 'offscreen', so she would not have encountered any of the ninjas on their home turf.  However, as she was the only changeling living (somewhat) openly for a while, they may have reached out to her at some point.  Alternately, if Clan Henka has ever made contact with EPIC, Naj may know of them through that.

Clef: though he probably wouldn't have encountered them himself, he might have a family history with them.  His mother was a skilled adventurer, and it's highly possible that she had an encounter with the clan at some point.  Clef would have mostly only heard stories, though as a wanderer himself he may have run into them once or twice.

Either of them could be either allies or rivals depending on how the interactions played out, as they could have been competing with each other (both trying to secure some dangerous artifact comes to mind, though maybe I just have relics on the brain) or they could have been working together against some mutual threat.

Also, if you happen to take a look through my roster at some point and see someone that it makes sense for Henka to have interacted with, let me know.

I could see Naj as someone the clan reached out to to become allies.

As for Clef, I suppose it would be possible he knows of them through his mother. Not sure if he would be an ally or enemy though. 

• 3 weeks later...

Calamity would be most interested as either a Rival or an Ally.  He's a close companion and trusted court member to Empress Yuè, and has his own reputation as the formidable High Censorate of the Imperial Watch.  He grew up in a very affluent and politically-powerful family, and with any high family-comes powerful enemies.   His app is in my signature. 

14 minutes ago, Lyipheoryia said:

Calamity would be most interested as either a Rival or an Ally.  He's a close companion and trusted court member to Empress Yuè, and has his own reputation as the formidable High Censorate of the Imperial Watch.  He grew up in a very affluent and politically-powerful family, and with any high family-comes powerful enemies.   His app is in my signature. 

Hmm... interesting. I'll look over his app soon, see what I think would be better. 

Considering his age, he could be an old ally of the clan, from the time Yūrei's parents still ran things. Honestly, she probably likes the way he does things anyways, so I'm sure they'd be allies as opposed to enemies. 

Archived