Surviving The Fallen (Private)

mac the knife looked to the one called Ember. the feisty one.

little one suggested him and castor were a couple. that got him thinking .... what if they really were the last ponies on the planet, there was only one way to make more ponies and turn the tide ... Castor wouldn't be a bad choice. she was brave, very strong and intelligent, make a much better parent than he could. ... although the sisters didn't seem a bad choice either. The feisty one was pretty bold, he admired that. Ember her name was. 

Still they didn't have time for that now. not now at least. he cleared his throat getting ready to speak. for the first few years of his life he was a shark, he could only kill and eat. wasn't much of a talker. But as he grew and spent time with his family, many of whom were very articulate; he learned the ways of words. wasn't particularly hard. 

"She's correct. I came into ponyville this morning. I Was trying to reach it, for a long time; figures it would fall apart the moment I get there. i digress; spent most of the year just trying to survive. But thats not enough against the ghouls is it? ... I could fight and kill until the soil of the entire earth is red with blood; the sea filled with corpses. but It won't be enough. the only thing we have against them is ingenuity, teamwork, and weapons" he tapped the 240. "we can't just survive. we need to fight. find a way to defeat them. because we will eventually exhaust ourselves, they won't. Thats why I came to Ponyville, why i followed you all. won't claim i know how to do that, won't claim there is even a way to do that. The world never did anything for me; i don't expect it to give me  a break even when it needs me ... needs us."

between his calm, smooth voice and surprising articulation. Mac was a good speaker, he spoke from his heart. His real father said there ancestors believed the heart did all the thinking and the brain was a useless organ. he felt the same way.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Li turned to cousin Mac when he started talking, nodding as he spoke. Once he was done, she smiled and said, "That sounded like a really cheesy speech, but I don't hate it." It was very cliché, but it did motivate Li a little. It was strange to listen to cousin Mac as his voice did not match his appearance at all, but she could say the same about her own appearance and the way she talks. 

Li turned back to Midnight, still wondering why she hides her true nature infront of her. 

Midnight watched the girls reaction, and it said more than perhaps she knew. The lack of reaction mean Midnight could guess the girl was older than she looked, although how much older was impossible to gauge. It was very interesting, and made Midnight wonder just how old Castor really was. She looked over and saw that the group was starting to rally up around Cryie, and knew Embers' temper would flare up normally, and after what just occurred, she walked over to ensure her older sister didn't lose her mind.

Cryie was silent, respectfully listening to Mac the Knife, and Castor speak to her. It was rather interesting listening to them both, and she did plan on agreeing with them. Despite how she was certain her sister would read such lines in one of her novels. Of course, she didn't get the chance to agree with them. Ember opted to speak first.

"We can cure it" She said boldly "Well, Cryie can. She's as smart as you'll ever be, when we hit Manehatten, we're raiding the hospital and grabbing all the tech we can to cure it"

Silence bit the air as each sister reacted differently. Ember beamed as if proud to show off her  youngest sister. Midnight rolled her eyes as Ember, and Cryie, well, she started to hide behind her hair.

"What my sister meant" Said Midnight "Is that we're hoping to salvage medical equipment in order to try understand what happened. Cryie was working on a science degree in bioengineering as well as other aspects, meaning she might be able to put together what happened. We have no way to build a cure, nor stop what has already happened"

"Not trying to woo anyone Ember" He responds to her, somehow taking a liking to the sister. She was rough, but she had a good heart, he had seen it when she had run into the rubble for her sister, she wasn't just a brute out of want, she was one out of need, like a lot of people. Before turning back to Cryie, giving a nod to say welcome. He stayed out of the following conversation, ensuing instead to check his injuries. He took off his shirt, letting it fall by his side. His chest was pretty clean, scar wise at least. He didn't have many, only two or three from getting shot a few times, and a stab scar, but other then that he was pretty good. His wound had seemed to heal fully, which made him feel pretty good, at least he wouldn't be dead weight.

Then he listened to Mac's speech. He actually didn't mind it, a few parts... but it was corny. 

:If were travelling together, gotta cut the speech's mate" He says to him, giving him a light laugh, though it went dead silent as he listened to them talk about... CURING the infection. Is that even possible!!!

"Thats a noble goal, and here i was taking you for some bad ass team.... Think you can do it Cryie?" 

Li nodded when an idea of a cure was presented. If making a cure is possible, then administering it to every infected in the world will be the next problem. There could also be a rare case of a mutant infected that might be resistant to the cure, or they might not be fast enough to stop the spread of the infection. Either way, it's something to look forward to as she might be able to meet her again.

Cryie glanced away, and at Sky's question, she hesitated. Silence ate away at the room as both elder sisters simply watched their youngest. Ember knew for a fact the girl could do it, while Midnight was hesitant. They'd never been successful in studying the infected before, and even with a group, she honestly doubted that they'd be anymore successful. Not only would they need to capture/kill many for the girl to get the genetic material required to understand what created it, but then creating a cure would take so much trial and error it was impossible to do so, in Midnights mind. However, the thought of a cure kept Cryie going, so she held her tongue.

"...I think I can" the youngest said eventually, fixing up her damaged glasses as she looked at their new travel companions "If I can get access to the equipment and have the time....I think I could figure out what created this infection..And through that, I could come up with something to help those suffering..."

mac sat there silently. 

this was it. there chance to really fight back! this girl's confidence was the best hope they had. he didn't know how they would do it, but it was a fight worth dying for. He bit back on some anger as the younger boy joked at him and kept staring at the floor. 

mack looked at her and held the gun in his lap picking the guts out of it. 

his mind running thru tactics, he came up with plans for what to do.  

"well consider me employed. how are we going to get there." is all he said

mac had only his gun, coat, knife, and some food and water. no maps or navigation devices. it wouldn't be hard if find there way there depending on the routes and roads they took.

"route shouldn't be hard, but we should plan, the quickest but least infested route. but i suppose you 3 already have an idea for that." he looked to the sneaky one and fierce one.

part of him wanted to put the fierce one in her place. but they didn't need infighting. he would let her start any trouble with him. but he would end it. of course he didn't want to harm her. just show her who he really was.

Think she can..... Can.... a word you don't hear to often anymore, at least with hope in it. Those words carried hope that this all could end, that everyone lost could be cured.... at least the ones that hadn't been killed yet... He didn't like killing zombies, they were just people who had been unlucky.... and he wanted to bring as many as he could back...

"If you will have me, I'm in too. Whatever you need, i'l help you cure this" He says to the group, looking at everyone. They needed to get there as fast as they could... but safely. He listened to The knife mention the routes, and he pondered what path they could take.

"Remember we also got to watch out for bandits and raiders... I think a fair few actually survived that attack, and they might try and attack a moving group if we seem like we have something worthwhile.."

Archived