Chaos Spa Day [Private/RexDraco]

knight

rarity_v3_by_kero444-d4nzlvk.gif

Rarity

"Thank you ever so much, my dears, I absolutely appreciate it more than you could possibly know!" Rarity sighed out the statement as the last two mail stallions carried out the boxes containing her newest fashion line, bound for Manehattan, "I was so dreadfully worried that I would not get these designs to the boutique in Manehattan on time! Why, if you stallions hadn't crashed near here on your way to Manehattan...I don't know what I would have done!"

"Eh-heh, not a problem, Miss Rarity, we're happy to help after you fixed up our carriage with yer magic, eh!" The stallion pegasi spoke with an accent as he placed the box of clothing balanced on his nose into the carriage--a carriage which once had two broken wheels until Rarity magicked them back together after the pegasi trio had crashed just outside her home.

She smiled in thanks, her mane was messy and there were bags under her eyes, and she still had the cat-eye bifocals she wore for sewing resting on her muzzle, and measuring tape around her neck as she sighed out, "Oh...it was no trouble, darlings...I would do it for anypony, of course!"

She saw off the three stallions then, waving a tired hoof as they vanished into the sky with her fashion line in tow. Thank Celestia...it will make it in time for the new season!

She returned to the shop and used her magic to clean up a little, shoving aside fabrics which she would later fold, throwing scraps into her scrap bin, and tossing down her bifocals and the measuring tape before she sighed heavily, a groan audible in her sigh.

"I need a spa day!" The white mare sighed woefully as she pushed her way outside back into the mid-morning sun. Her mane was still a mess, bags were under her eyes, and she clearly displayed a look of exhaustion upon her face as the fashionista headed for the spa, stumbling in only to be caught by a familiar spa mare, "Aloe! I need a top to bottom treatment ASAP!"

"Jez, meesuz Raretty!" The mare spoke in her thick accent, letting Rarity lean on her as she guided her back and wrapped a robe around her, and led her to the steam room. In the early morning, there were barely any patrons in the spa, so as Rarity sunk into the seat of the hot steam, Aloe ran about preparing all the treatments--and she meant ALL--for their number one client.

6SMi1qDG.png

Ponies always managed to find ways to busy their day. It was something the spirit was, occasionally envious towards. Since settling among ponies there were always frightfully busy, ever so structured and it drove him to the brink of temptation and back. If he could corrupt them, just a little, before Celestia or Luna noticed! That would be wonderful. He was not always present, or seen. While he always was, and is usually close by rather than far it was a simple measure to catch his attention, one as easily distracted as him. Anything fun was well enough to garner his focus from the mundane trivialities that consumed the average life forms. How he missed the days of yore.

Wars and conflict certainly kept him busy. Rebellions and anarchy had always been a treat as it allowed him to manufacture entertainment amongst the tired and trying old regimes that were about just a speck too long. It was difficult sometimes for ponies to reconcile these differences in belief. While the majority found order a necessity, a means in which they could control their world, the spirit found it a hinderence to progress. No true need.

As it were the chaotic tribble was not always bound for trouble. Trouble, more often than not, was bound to him due to his generally auspicious timing. Who was to expect that, of all days, this was the one he choose to take a little spa day? It wasn't uncommon enough for the spa ponies to be concerned with his presence. Sometimes it did make their day an hour longer. As it was: he liked changing the hot tub water into things like green tea or oatmeal. It took them great more effort to clean it up thereafter.

Was he planning on prancing about with the marshmallowy mare? Goodness no, but it was not as it she had a choice.

The mares looked to each other and felt it was alright considering Rarity was no ordinary customer! Discord was sent back, the door opening to the steam filled room. "Ahh, just some company, yes?" One offered as the souls of a half hoof step was heard against the room floor. The bipedal steps of her steam room neighbor ended when they sat down, a towel over their waist, absurd as it wasn't needed over his feathery form, far too warm.

"Didn't bring Tom along?" That voice. "Such a quiet morning too, you could have bonded so nicely."

That sarcastic, scathing tone of a pony who thought they knew everything.

And they possibly did. 

It had been difficult to see at first, the thick steam spinning about when the door has been opened to allow the additional occupant. The snaking silhouette was distorted, no telling any details from it. After a moment, some of the steam began to settle, dissipating from the outline of said figure. There was only one creature, Stars provide, on the face of Equus who could be so arrogant, egotistical and very good at timing his costs to when they were most unexpected. There sat Discord, splayed out in all his glory, a towel on his lap and a tall glass of chocolate milk in his claw. The pink straw rest upon his lips and a fine sluuurp, was obnoxiously provided.

Rarity had just sunk into the cedar wood bench in the steam room, inhaling deeply through her nose as she laid down on it, putting a hoof up. There was nopony else in here at the moment, so she thought it would be ok to take up a whole bench, though normally she would certainly just sit as the other ponies do. She exhaled and flopped a damp towel across her eyes, the heat from it nice on her heavy eyes.

Her ear pricked as the door open, and she felt herself tense a bit at the odd hoof pattern, and then a shiver ran up her spine as a familiar voice filled the air, grating her last nerve. She sprang upright, the small towel falling off her face and onto her lap, "DISCORD?!"

She scoffed in exasperation at the Draconequus, flopping back onto the wood, inhaling deeply, and recalling a similar motion done by both Twilight and Princess Cadance, she exhaled and made a motion with her hoof, willing her annoyance away.

"You know what, no. I will not allow myself to feel anymore frustration today," She lifted the soft cloth up off her lap in her magic, and flopped it on her face again, "Welcome, darling. I have yet to have a spa date with you! I suppose that makes today the day!"

She forced a slight chuckle, and exhaled once more, "Mm...how often do you attend the spa, darling?"

6SMi1qDG.png

Discord was quite high-class when it came to his grooming, though for all intents and purposes: it was hard to deduce that he took such care of his preening for the sake of it, or to throw ponies off as that mass of chaos never did seem to get mussed up. His day would be so trite had he not another to fulmiate with, and to go against the grain once in a while was his very nature, so spa trips were a given! And yet were a rare beast. He did enjoy being spoiled and feeling the luxury of false worship that he, as a god, deserved.

A devious smirk painted itself over his muzzle's lips when the mare was spurred into regarding his presence. He sat himself up and back against the sauna's seat. His forelimbs perched on the back rest as he crossed his reptilian, hind talon over his goat's knee. The towel was absurdly unnecessary, and the two, individual towels wrapped around his horns even more so. By the way the spa mare led him in showed a level of normalcy with his presence. He did not often make himself a presence in Ponyville, choosing to spend it in his realm.

Her pure irritation was filling, the smirk drawing back further. "Oh, you've had frustration today?" He held out his paw, manifesting a mug of hot cocoa, topped with whipping creme. "Oh a date? I'm flattered. Though to think I'm the last to be invited to such." He teased. "You know the spa is great for regenerating magic reservoirs." He declared, likely a prospect for creatures like him who seemed to have endless supplies of the stuff. "At least that's what they say." Well there goes that theory.

He was a difficult beast to understand, but at least he hasn't dyed anypony's mane green or turned any of the patrons to chickens. The chaotic creature was hardly a maker of trouble, but more so a disrupter of order. Leave it to him to make the most predicable predicaments unnervingly unordinary. He took great joy in perverting an ponys perception of the usual. Casuals beware. The draconequus was out to play in spades! Today, he was getting his mane did! 

Rarity hummed in agreement at Discord's sentiment regarding magic, "Oh, yes, I agree completely, darling...there is something so wonderful about getting out of the spa and just feeling....abuzz with magic!"

She sighed and rose her head as Lotus, Aloe's sibling and fellow spa worker, trotted into the room, "Meesuz Rarity...your mud bath iz ready."

"OH, spectacular, Lotus. I appreciate it, ever so much," The white unicorn stood from the cedar bench, looking over at Discord with lowered lids under panda-smudged eye make up, "Would you care to join me, Discord? I am getting the full treatment today, and would certainly not mind the company."

6SMi1qDG.png

Discord smirked, rolling his eyes as she practically purred with delight. It was no wonder Rarity got along so well with Opal. They were nothing if not dreamers of decadence. The heat of the sauna did well to relax muscles and the treatments of the spa sisters and their employees did manage to bring out the best in ponies. Sometimes even him. That didn't mean the spirit didn't crave causing all sorts of raucous trouble so attention could be paid in his direction. He did love overdoing things. A showponyship that often outdid great entertainers of legend, not that he was very good at keeping a low profile.

Bring on the paparazzi!

He was already half the way through eating his mug. The crunch of porcelain was unmistakable as he made his way down to the handle in a steady pace. "Oh come now," he began. "Agreeing with me? It muuust be a holiday." He swore with the smuggest of grins, jaws parting to toss in the handle.

His ears twitched and folded back when Lotus peeked in. Those rabid colored pupils always seemed to clearly display his emotional state. Never was there a question of what Discord was thinking. He senses amused a great deal, satisfied by hey reaction and general fact that she didn't scold or refute his presence. As Lotus spoke Rarity was ready to jump into the next half of her session. He cocked his head, left claw's digit pointing out as he gave a snap. The magic that seemed to generate from that particular action always turned out to be a cumulation of odd desires and wants. This time it happened to create a small schedule book. 

"Well I do suppose I could pen you on." He spoke on a teasing manner. "I was going to go have ice cream, but it can wait for a friend." Snapping the booklet closed his effects would vanish, including the multitude of towels he sought to bundle himself in.

The mud room was an expansive space. The lights hung overhead and have of a warmth that accentuated the colors painted on the tiles that lined the walls and floors. There were lounging chairs for those only requiring facial treatments, whilst the pool of specially treated mud day in a brow ground pool built into the spa for. It was warmed up so that the transition from the sauna to the mud didn't give the body a shock! Cold treatment was a while other stage that helped keep the skin and immunity nice and healthy!

The spirit floated along, following the marshmallowy mare. He poofed out and appeared over the muddy pool which looked to him like a sinkhole one encounters in one of those Daring Do stories. His white brow curled up. Slowly the noodly chimera would stretch his talon down, dipping a claw into the thick mud hole. He quickly pulled it back and appeared between Rarity and Lotus, wiping his claw and paw with his handkerchief, even though it had been his talon to take a sip. Were they to look down he left mud prints beneath his talon and claw.

"So jumping in the mud is an exception only here?" He seemed utterly offended. He couldn't track mind around but this was perfectly alright? " If any foals found out they would be greatly disappointed in the adults." Typical, backwards contradictions as usual!

Archived