Hello to everypony here! 8D

Rudan

Hello everyone! I'm completely new to this site. . . actually, this is my first time joining an actual forum in general.

Anyway, I thought I'd try to reach out to anyone available on this site, make friends, get to know people, and just become familiar to the fandom overrall. And possibly plan out some rps after I know my way around this place.

4 minutes ago, SymphonicFire said:

Welcome to Canterlot! Don't forget to have fun! :catbug: 

...don't be afraid to ask questions too!

Thank you very much for the warm welcome! 8D

Speaking of questions, here's the first stupid one: Did I make a proper DIRECT reply by clicking Quote? 

Sorry if that sounds outright stupid, but like I said; first time actually using a forum way's of chat.

3 minutes ago, SymphonicFire said:

Yup! I was notified of your reply because you quoted me. 

There is no such thing as a stupid question, so don't hold back!

Thank you very much for the verification. I appreciated it! ^w^

Another question: Do all members need to put in a character sheet or application before wanting to start or join an rp? 

The reason why I ask this, is because I'm currently not planning any kind of "permanent" character as of yet. Also, is there a room or page on this site where people can talk about or share their rp ideas?

50 minutes ago, Rudan said:

Another question: Do all members need to put in a character sheet or application before wanting to start or join an rp?

Not unless the creator of the thread asks for one, but it's good to have a character sheet so that people can have a basic understanding of your OC. 

For World of Equestria, you need to create an app and get it accepted in order to roleplay there, so start out in the Free-for-all section and experiment with different OCs.

50 minutes ago, Rudan said:

Also, is there a room or page on this site where people can talk about or share their rp ideas?

There is a Canterlot Discord server where people can talk about anything, including roleplay ideas. You can also do that in the OOC discussion sub-section; I mostly use it to see if anyone is interested in my roleplay ideas or to find people to roleplay with. 

5 minutes ago, SymphonicFire said:

Not unless the creator of the thread asks for one, but it's good to have a character sheet so that people can have a basic understanding of your OC. 

For World of Equestria, you need to create an app and get it accepted in order to roleplay there, so start out in the Free-for-all section and experiment with different OCs.

There is a Canterlot Discord server where people can talk about anything, including roleplay ideas. You can also do that in the OOC discussion sub-section; I mostly use it to see if anyone is interested in my roleplay ideas or to find people to roleplay with. 

Thank you again for the answers, I really needed them.

Last question for now: Are people allowed to rp as any of the characters from the show like the Mane Six, the Princesses, ect? Or at least, do it in the Free-for-all section?

1 minute ago, Rudan said:

Thank you again for the answers, I really needed them.

Last question for now: Are people allowed to rp as any of the characters from the show like the Mane Six, the Princesses, ect? Or at least, do it in the Free-for-all section?

You can; it's the Free-for-all section after all! Anything can be done (Except for 18+ and illegal stuff ofcourse) in that section, which is why it's my favourite. :catbug: 

You'd have to app a cast pony in WoE like you would with your OC, but only one person can have that pony at a time.

1 minute ago, SymphonicFire said:

You can; it's the Free-for-all section after all! Anything can be done (Except for 18+ and illegal stuff ofcourse) in that section, which is why it's my favourite. :catbug: 

You'd have to app a cast pony in WoE like you would with your OC, but only one person can have that pony at a time.

Okay, thank you very much for answering all of my current questions.

You know, since you're the first person to talk to me on this sight, I want to share the ideas of my first rp with you for the heck of it. If you're interested?

15 minutes ago, SymphonicFire said:

No problem! 

Sure, fire away!

A self-aware, semi-organic robot by the name of Gabriel was trying to escape from a pursuit with his creator and adopted mother, Eleanor. They were being chased by members of an organization that previously supported her scientific projects; such as trans-dimensional travel. Desperate on trying to find a way to get away from their pursuers, Eleanor activated a portal that was still under construction, and attempted to input a trajectory that would only "teleport" them to a random location outside of the facility they were in. Unfortunately, due to the portal's framework still incomplete, it didn't work the way neither of them wanted. This forced the two to become separated from each other, and end up somewhere in Equestria.

Now, separated from his best friend and closest thing he has as a mother, he is alone and desperate to reuniting with her as he is trapped in a random location in Equestria; close to Canterlot.

This is the reason why I asked if it was allowed for people to rp as any of the original characters from the television series. Not wanting to sound irritably choosy, but I want this to be about Gabriel meeting and recieving help from Princess Luna, Celestia, or even the Mane Six. You know, that kind of stuff. Again, sorry if I sound greedy or overtly choosy.

8 hours ago, Rudan said:

A self-aware, semi-organic robot by the name of Gabriel was trying to escape from a pursuit with his creator and adopted mother, Eleanor. They were being chased by members of an organization that previously supported her scientific projects; such as trans-dimensional travel. Desperate on trying to find a way to get away from their pursuers, Eleanor activated a portal that was still under construction, and attempted to input a trajectory that would only "teleport" them to a random location outside of the facility they were in. Unfortunately, due to the portal's framework still incomplete, it didn't work the way neither of them wanted. This forced the two to become separated from each other, and end up somewhere in Equestria.

Now, separated from his best friend and closest thing he has as a mother, he is alone and desperate to reuniting with her as he is trapped in a random location in Equestria; close to Canterlot.

This is the reason why I asked if it was allowed for people to rp as any of the original characters from the television series. Not wanting to sound irritably choosy, but I want this to be about Gabriel meeting and recieving help from Princess Luna, Celestia, or even the Mane Six. You know, that kind of stuff. Again, sorry if I sound greedy or overtly choosy.

Sounds awesome! Don't worry about being choosy, people are allowed to roleplay as cast characters.

Hello and welcome! New to a forum in general, eh? Hmm...

By order of the Angel, I command that everyone shower the newbie in hugs, candy and cupcakes! Make him feel welcome, so sayeth the Angel of Equestria!

Hehe. Anyway, welcome to our friendly little community! If you have any questions, feel like chatting or roleplaying, then feel free to message me anytime!

~ Your friendly neighborhood Angel. :D

52 minutes ago, AlextheAngel said:

Hello and welcome! New to a forum in general, eh? Hmm...

By order of the Angel, I command that everyone shower the newbie in hugs, candy and cupcakes! Make him feel welcome, so sayeth the Angel of Equestria!

Hehe. Anyway, welcome to our friendly little community! If you have any questions, feel like chatting or roleplaying, then feel free to message me anytime!

~ Your friendly neighborhood Angel. :D

Thank you, bud. I appreciate the welcoming a lot, and I'll definitely keep everything you said in mind. X3

Archived