Those who love the Sea (Closed)

BlindJester

large.58d885653191a_CrystalGlowBanner.png.2866b2a6a457caa9436468234b43124f.png

It was a bright, sunny and hot day in the Zherbenok Bay near Seaddle and Crystal Glow was enjoying her day off from researching the local wildlife. She's been in staying in a hotel in Seaddle for about a week now doing sea wildlife research for a facility located there. It has been tough week for her adjusting to the waters of the bay and ocean since she is more used to freshwater swimming. Following fish, documenting what they do, where they live, how they interact with the environment, so on and so forth. Crystal loved her job really but sometimes it gets monotonous and frustrating, why just the other day she was documenting a rare breed and a ship came sailing right over her! Scared off the fish and nearly gave Crystal a heart attack herself! Although honestly she should of detected it a while before it came but she was so entranced in her research that she didn't notice. "Hmph Sailors" she thought to herself as she swam towards a rock outcrop in the near the ocean's shore. She was used to sailors due to her parents constant contact with them but she never really liked how they disturbed the waters with their giant ships and loud voices. She understood that ponies needed to get around in the water but couldn't they have done it in a less disruptive way? She shook her head gently and climbed onto the rocks.

Crystal glow laid on the rocks for a few moments thinking of the past few days and the days to come. She was here in Seaddle for at least another week or two and the loneliness of not having her friends around was taking a toll on her. It was almost affecting her work with how lonely she was, the fish were nice and all but nothing beat the company of a real pony or creature. Seaponies were usually farther out than she was told to go for research so she couldn't converse with them in her spare time. She sighed heavily as she let the hot sun beam it's rays on her maybe talking to a sailor who comes by wouldn't be so bad. They were ponies too and I'm sure being out in the ocean for long periods of time was just as monotonous as having to do research alone. . . nah she couldn't bring herself to talk to one of them she decided with a firm slap of her tail against the rocks."Ow" she said aloud maybe she shouldn't slam her only means of water transportation hard against a solid rock. It was almost noon and the sun was high above her head, now might be the time to head back to the shores but she wanted to stay out in the middle of the bay for just a little while longer. Even though she craved companionship this was rather peaceful to her after a long week's work.

"Alright ladies, lower speed to half sail, get ready to aproach the docks!" A female voice said from the ship that was passing near where Crystal was. It seemed to be a rather big ship. One of the royal Equestrian navy in fact.

The ship was rather large, being quite well equiped for both battle and merchandise transoprt, but it seemed that that day they were carring deep sea exploration devices. "Remember what we came here to do. Enter the city, make contact with our informants and then look out for the missing cargo." she reminded her crew. The mare seemed to be talking loud enough for a passing ship be able to hear her perfectly well. Odd from a mare. 

At the upper deck of the ship was a teal msre with a dark blue mane. She had a captain hat on her yet... It seemed a bit off. One would think that she was one of those cute mares that only squeaked and made mistakes all day, but the voice that was being heard came from her. Ot dod broke the image of a cute little mare. 

Soon her ears perked up when she heard the sound of an 'ow' from somewhere. She mmew her crew and their voices. She had sailed with them all for lomg enough to recognise it. That voice came from out of the ship. She turned arou d but saw no other ship. Where did it came from?

She moved to a side of the ship, followed by her second in command and saw what seemed to be a pony on a rock. She wondered what that pony was doing down there, as she was not able to see the tail from her position. 

"Hey! Are you okay?" she asked, her tone of voice different from before. It seemed more... Cute and friendly. 

Crystal Glow marveled at the large Naval ship as it passed by her perch on the rock, she couldn't help but to be impressed by it. It was the largest boat she's ever seen and she's seen a lot of boats in her day. A loud boisterous voice came from the ship and instantly Crystal's wonder was lost as she realized it was what she disliked most. Sailors. It was hard to see on the ship but she noticed that the voice was coming from a blue maned unicorn . . . mare? Surely not, that voice couldn't come from a mare it was loud and demanding yet the mare was cute and unassuming looking. That's what she gathered at least, maybe the mare was a passenger? No no that couldn't be right that Captain's hat told all Crystal needed to know about the mare. She was a sailor alright and she was the boat's leader. The voice rubbed Crystal Glow the wrong way and she was about ready to bolt until the teal mare moved closer and Crystal got a really good look at her.

She was definitely cute alright well more like beautiful the way her mane was styled and how her colors contrasted so nicely with each other. She couldn't help but to feel a little smitten by her especially when she spoke in a more kind and friendly manner. "O-oh me? I'm just fine I just um... hurt myself a little on this rock here" she patted the rock with her hoof. "I should be fine though it just stung a bit." she was yelling a bit so the mare could hear her over the roaring waves of the ocean. She felt silly asking this but she just had to confirm that this was actually the captain she was speaking too. "Are you the captain of this Naval ship?" her tail slapped repeatedly against the rock she was laying on lightly out of slight annoyance. This sailor, as cute as she may be, was just like all the others loud and Crystal hated loud it made her ears ring and her head hurt from the noise they caused. She wasn't even sure why she was talking to the sailor, something just seemed to draw her to her and she had to stay. For now at least. Crystal got into a more comfortable position her forehooves crossed in front of her and her tail curled slightly around the rock but still out of the eye sight of the mare. If she was going to talk to this mare she might as well get comfortable right?

As Blue was about to reply, the second in command whispered something to her ear and gestured to the tail. 

Blue noded and looked at it, but said nothing about it befor going back to adress the one below them. She had never seen a creature like this before. It was truly fascinating. Although she had heard about them thanks to rumors and other sailors, it was marvelous to finally see one in person. The mare also seemed rather... Cute down there. Perhaps it was the light or the tail, yet something was cathing her attention towards her. 

"I'm indeed am." she soon replied, still m with her soft and kind voice. It seemed this was her natural voice, and the other one just one she grew over time after spending time at the sea. "Captain Blue Tide, of the HMS Hyperion." she soon added as she gestured something to hrr second in command. 

The stallion walked to the side and dropped down a ladder. 

"I wish to speak with you on-board, the sound of the waves is too loud to keep a conversation like this. Of course, if you accept my invitation." her voice was now calm and formal, yet still kept the same tone as before. 

Captain Blue Tide eh? That's a lovely name for her it matches the waves in her mane that's for sure. Crystal thought in a dreamily state but shook her head abruptly. What was she thinking? Calling a sailor pretty or even beautiful was not something she thought she'd find herself saying or rather thinking. They were all the same! Mean to the wildlife beneath their ships and boats what makes this one any different? Blue Tide's voice was very charming though Crystal will give her that much it's not as ragged as most other sailors are. Usually their talking voice is the same as their yelling voice, but not this mare. Hers was loud and commanding yet while she talked to Crystal it was sweet and friendly.  This was a rather weird feeling for Crystal she . . .  thought the mare was nice? Thought a Sailor was nice? No of course not she could never be friends with one who disrupts the sea with their large ship and anchors. But maybe this one could be different? Maybe she shouldn't be so. . . biased about who she's friends with depending on their job. She sighed and thought she would regret what she's about to do but it was the only way to be sure that this pony was different from others.

"I accept your invitation and I shall be up there as soon as possible. It will be hard to climb a ladder with two hooves and a tail." She dived off the side of the rock and into the water. Swimming up to the ladder she grasped it as best she could with her wet hooves. Clumsily she climbed the ladder but was able to make it onto the deck finally. Panting slightly from the effort of climbing which she's done very rarely in her lifetime. Between each pant Crystal glow managed to get out "I'm *huff* Crystal Glow *huff* by the way" after catching her breath she added "Freelance researcher of Sea, Lakes, River, and all sorts of underwater creatures."

Blue couldn't help it but chuckle softly at Crystal struggling to get up to the ship. The tail she had and using her front hooves to go up certainly didn't looked easy at all, yet still it looked a bit silly. It looked like if she was trying to swim up the ladder!

"I am glad you had accepted my invitation." Blue said to Crystal once she was on the ship. "A pleasure to meet you." she added, soon after she had catched her breat and properly introduced herself. "A fitting name, I must say~" she added with a small grin. 

The other sailors looked at Crystal on both awe and surprise. Almost none of them had seen anything like her, not even close. 

Blue noticed that and with a glare to the sailors, making them have a chil in their spines, made them go back to work. She soon turned back to her guest. 

"If you can, follow me. I will show you inside so we can talk." she added after a moment, gesturing to the door that lead to her quarters. 

Archived