A New Roomie! (ATTN: Silver Swirl, all others PM for Invite)

Lux

sml_gallery_1647_223_483971.png

Sweet Surprise took a final look at the bedroom, making sure she had everything ready for the new roommate. It was strange for her to convert her former mentor, Mr. Cocoa's, bedroom into a guest room. Before that the earth pony rarely stepped into the room, keeping it like a shrine after the owner of the candy shop passed on. But now it was time for her to move on a little more. She accepted that Mr. Cocoa was gone and adapted to going from being an apprentice to an owner. Now she needed to let go of that room in favor of helping out a certain colt named Timid Star.

Recently she heard that Timid was interested in studying magic in Canterlot after seeking advice from Princess Twilight. There was one problem: finding a place to stay. At first she was unsure that Sweet could have a roommate, especially one she knew only a little about, but she realized that this was a chance to make a friend and help a colt out. 

"I hope I'm doing the right thing, Mr. Cocoa," she said to the empty room, "but I think you'll be proud of me." 

She then made her way down the stairs and into the shop, waiting for her new roommate to arrive. 

Timid Star stepped off the train from Ponyville with Boney and Silverbolt in tow. The metallic coated unicorn smiled broadly at the ponies who were hustling about their business. It felt right to be back in Canterlot. He was excited to stay with Sweet while he learned all he could about his developing magic abilities. "It's great to be back. Quite a few interesting things happened to me here.", he spoke with a flick of his tail to Silverbolt. The Pegasus had graciously offered to help carry his belongings with the promise of sweets as his reward. 

"I can see why, Timid.", Silverbolt replied with a grin, his bespectacled brown eyes twinkling. He also enjoyed coming to Canterlot for business and leisure. There was always something new or interesting to discover. One example that he was going to discover was Sweet Surprise's candy shop! He fluttered his wings as he grabbed the small cart of luggage with his mouth and got all hitched up. "Lead on, Timid and Boney.", he added as he fell into step behind them. 

Boney barked happily as they traveled along the streets of Canterlot. Timid Star knew the way quite well thanks to his nose. It also helped that Boney had smelled the delicious confections before. In no time flat, they stood at the threshold of the shop. He raised his hoof and knocked softly on the door, the knock punctuated by a bark from Boney. 

No sooner had she reached the door of the store, Sweet heard a soft knock at the door. Normally anypony wanting to come in and buy some candy would simply walk in, but this was different. It was as if somepony was wanting to visit her personally. Before she could open the door, she heard a familiar bark. 

"Timid!" Sweet Surprise said throwing open the door and giving the colt a big hug, "Great to see you again! How have you been? Was your trip fine? Oh, hi there Boney! Ready to have fun with Auntie Sweet?"

In her joy, she almost forgot about the friend that Timid brought along, until she saw the pony with a cart full of luggage. 

"Oh, hi there! You must be Timid's friend. I'm Sweet Surprise, Canterlot's Candy Creator! How are you?" 

Timid smiled broadly and raised his hooves to hug Sweet tightly. Boney barked happily at his name and wagged his tail, spinning about and jumping. He was ready to have fun! "I've been well! Trip was fantastic! Very easy train ride, no incidents. It also helped that Silverbolt came along. He's a big, brave and strong stallion.", he replied warmly. 

Silverbolt looked over at Sweet and smiled, blushing at what Timid had said. He fluttered his wings and replied, "I am well. Timid has told me a lot about your fudge, Sweet. I am Silverbolt, I am a mailpony from Cloudsdale. My mother and I had been keeping an eye on him while he stayed in Ponyville.", he replied as he stepped forward with the cart. "I can help unpack if you'd like, Timid.", he added as Timid craned his neck to nod in the affirmative. 

• 2 weeks later...

Sweet smiled, feeling glad that Timid had a comfortable trip to Canterlot. But what's this? It seemed that the colt was mentioning a lot about his companion, Silverbolt. Was the pony trying to play matchmaker? 

"Well, I'm glad that both of you made it here without any problems," Sweet said to both.

"I am well. Timid has told me a lot about your fudge, Sweet. I am Silverbolt, I am a mailpony from Cloudsdale. My mother and I had been keeping an eye on him while he stayed in Ponyville.", he replied as he stepped forward with the cart. "I can help unpack if you'd like, Timid."

"Well, I'm glad that you helped Timid by giving him a place to stay and helping him move. So you're a mailpony huh? I bet you have fun flying around delivering mail to everypony. I'd love to see Cloudsdale one day, once I figure out how to walk on clouds. Oh, let me help you get some suitcases in first, then I'll give you a little tour!" 

Archived