Name: Valve Cell
Sex: Female
Species: Aerion (Bat Pony)
Eye colour: Lime Green
Coat: Greenish-Grey
Mane/Tail: Wavy two-tone Viridian mane and tail with cream-green composites
Physique: Lightweight, prioritising speed over strength
Residence: Hollow Shades - The Foothills
Occupation: Ranger - spends her night patrolling the forests surrounding Hollow Shades
Cutie Mark: Blank Flank
Unique Traits: Night Vision, flight, cloudwalking, enhanced hearing, extensive knowledge of the wildlife surrounding Hollow Shades

a_starry_night_in_hollow_shades_by_wilva

History:  The runt of her colony, Valve found herself feeling greatly detached from the Aerion she grew up with, and faced consistent bullying throughout her early fillyhood. Due to these grievances, Valve struck out on her own and made it to the town of Hollow Shades, where she found refuge with an elderly shopkeeper and his wife. In exchange for a bed and warm meals, Valve promised the elderly couple that she would protect Hollow Shades from the threat of hostile wildlife in the forests surrounding the town. It is worth noting that in her career as a self-named "ranger," she has encountered creatures of various calibres, including vicious timberwolves, cragadiles, and the occasional cockatrice.

Character Personality:

Valve is a friendly filly who has spent the better part of her youth cultivating a protective nature over the ponies of Hollow Shades, particularly over the elderly couple giving her refuge. That said, she is prone to outbursts of frustration when things don't go according to plan, and struggles with a constant need to prove her worth due to having been underestimated as a foal. When someone abuses her friendly demeanour, they run the risk of finding themselves under Valve's scrutinous watch.

Character Summary:

Growing up isn't easy, especially if you're the smallest filly in a whole colony of Aerion. After striking out on her own, Valve Cell found purpose and self-worth in serving an elderly couple in Hollow Shades, where she adopted the mantle of "ranger," and began running nightly patrols through the forests surrounding the town. Valve is a friendly girl who can be the best friend you've ever had, but when her compassion is used against her, Valve becomes a nightmare of an enemy and will go to extreme lengths to make sure the offender in question cannot bring harm to the ponies closest to her.

Welcome to Canterlot!  I'd be happy to review this app for you! :D

Overall you've got a great character here. Just a couple of points and than I'll be ready to approve this one for you.

First off, if you could align all the text to the left for ease of reading that would be great!

You make a few references to townspeople and people in general. In keeping with the slice of life nature of FiM if you could change these to "pony" versions of the words that would be wonderful.

It seems to me that keeping an entire stretch of forest on "lock down" might be a bit much of a task for a filly on her own. Please tone this down a bit in keeping with her being a filly or explain in greater detail what types of creatures she is keeping at bay.

Please address these comments and then reposnd in this thread ;) 

On 4/27/2017 at 11:13 AM, RainbowFoxxy said:

Welcome to Canterlot!  I'd be happy to review this app for you! :D

Overall you've got a great character here. Just a couple of points and than I'll be ready to approve this one for you.

First off, if you could align all the text to the left for ease of reading that would be great!

You make a few references to townspeople and people in general. In keeping with the slice of life nature of FiM if you could change these to "pony" versions of the words that would be wonderful.

It seems to me that keeping an entire stretch of forest on "lock down" might be a bit much of a task for a filly on her own. Please tone this down a bit in keeping with her being a filly or explain in greater detail what types of creatures she is keeping at bay.

Please address these comments and then reposnd in this thread ;) 

Hey there! Thanks for the review.

I went ahead and aligned the text as necessary, changed some of the phrasings to accommodate pony culture, and lightened Valve's workload by making her a self-proclaimed "ranger," who conducts nightly patrols of the forests surrounding Hollow Shades. There is now also mention of what kinds of wildlife she fights in the "History" segment of her dossier.

Archived