Official Discussion Thread - S07E06 Forever Filly

f2833a20a2212f8efad65785556b01df.jpg

There comes a time when one has to accept she isn't a little filly anymore.

Another week which means another episode full of the adorable ponies we all know and love!  And who is more lovable and especially adorable than Sweetie Belle!? Of course, she isn't the same little filly she used to be, and we've all watched her grow up through the seasons, but has Rarity realized this yet, or does she still see her little sis as the same adorable, squeaky foal we first meet waaaay back in season one? Tune in to find out! The episode airs Saturday 11:30 AM EST on May 13th!! :) <3

This thread is dedicated to discussing the episode before, during, and afterwards. As the thread is now open it may indeed contain spoilers (especially since this episode aired last week in Canada). I ask that potential spoilers talked about or shown before the episode airs stay within the spoiler tags please, after the episode you no longer have to use the spoiler tags, but warning, if you haven't seen the episode yet after it airs, this thread no doubt will have all sorts of spoilers in reviews, images, etc. So tread at your own risk. :blush:

Spoiler

This is one of those 'coming of age' episodes for Sweetie Belle.  Normally, I don't like TV show plots like this but the MLP FiM writers really did a sensational job with this one!  Great to see Zifferwill (sp) again and to see how successful the CMC are at helping other fillies and colts.  Love the way the two side-plots (Ziff and her dog, Rarity with Sweetie Belle) worked together in the end and gave both sub-plots a happy ending!  Not many laughs in this episode, but thanks to the perfect flow of the story, didn't need laughs.  Overall, an above average episode!  Definitely a marked improvement over last week's offering!

Cute episode.

Spoiler

Felt like there were bits that were just padding...But I really like the idea that the CMC have been getting older during the seasons. Someone even bothered to measure the character models and compare the current ones to the earlier seasons and sure enough, the girls are in a big of a growth spurt. There were a few funny bits like the photo scene with Rarity as a 'Sassy Frog' and SB's sheep costume is much nice than the one my character Wind Walker had in one of our Nightmare Night RPs.  And also the look of despair when the balloon guy tried to hit on Rarity with a heart balloon. Sorry fella. :wail:

• Bellosh unpinned this topic
  • 4 months later...

Archived