Celtestia-and-Luna-mlp-fim-princess-luna

My present is full of awesome!!

Another week which means another episode full of the adorable ponies we all know and love!  This week Starlight Glimmer is called by the map to solve a friendship problem, which has Twilight freaked enough, but also at Canterlot castle!   And what's this, an episode that has not one, but both royal sisters as central characters?! :Celest::Luna:  More exploration of Celestia as a character!? Yes!! She's gotten more character development this season thus far than the rest of the series combined!  Oh yeah, so what is their friendship problem? Tune in to find out! The episode airs Saturday 11:30 AM EST on June 10th!! :) <3

This thread is dedicated to discussing the episode before, during, and afterwards. As the thread is now open it may indeed contain spoilers (especially since this episode aired last week in Canada). I ask that potential spoilers talked about or shown before the episode airs stay within the spoiler tags please, after the episode you no longer have to use the spoiler tags, but warning, if you haven't seen the episode yet after it airs, this thread no doubt will have all sorts of spoilers in reviews, images, etc. So tread at your own risk. :blush:

Spoiler

This is another episode that truly surprised me.  When I first read the episode guide, I thought it would be a misfire.  However, I must say, much to my chagrin, I absolutely LOVED it!  Starlight Glimmer really shines here, and the way Twilight Sparkle kept 'tabs' on her just added to the fun!  It doesn't even bother me that this episode has one HUGE plothole in it.  Didn't Celestia basically do Luna's 'job' for a thousand years while Luna was exiled to the moon?  I don't know about you, but if I had a super long life span and I spent thousand years doing such an important task, I'd remember it all too well.

Still, like I said, that planet sized plothole isn't a problem for me.  The pace was good, the dialogue was strong and there was enough humor and surprises to keep me entertained the entire time!  IMHO, one of the BEST episodes of Season 7!

I loved it! It'd definitely one of my favorites of the season if not the series. I always wanted to see more of how the Princesses interact with each other when not attending to their royal duties in the public. Seeing them behave like... well... sisters and seeing their flaws really added some extra to their personalities. Twilight panicking about Starlight's quest was also funny. 

Fun episode. Took how many years before we got an Luna/Celestia episode? Yesh.

Spoiler

There was that REALLY dark bit where Luna basically vomits out her teeth. Yeech.

We got some fun in those 'blink or you'll miss it dream bits..

hkcUDwj.png

Dr Hooves facing off against a Weeping Angel....Empress Derpy...Applejack dreaming of the past...

9 hours ago, Mojo said:
  Hide contents

Didn't Celestia basically do Luna's 'job' for a thousand years while Luna was exiled to the moon?  I don't know about you, but if I had a super long life span and I spent thousand years doing such an important task, I'd remember it all too well.

Spoiler

I wonder if Celestia only handled raising the moon and let ponies deal with their own nightmares.

Archived