Travel around Equestria [Open]

Ross

This sunday was like all the others one for the entire world. Ponies was resting peacefully around Equestria enjoying their week-end with a picnic or a party. But let's focus on a little pegasus named Bright Sparke. This sunday was the first step of his travel, of his History and he was  a little bit anxious about his capacities of living alone on road.

The goodbyes with his parents was hard but necessary, he was needed to travel for studying how magic is used by the different kinds of this fabulous world.

While he was flying to the peak of the Hasufel mountain he remembered something his father told him.

"Bright, Even if you can't use it I've teach you how the magic work. Maybe during your travel you will meet some ponies that will laugh of your work only because you're a pegasus. Forgot those ponies and focus on those who will help you."

While he was remembering he quickly flies over the peak. What he sees at this moment cut his breathing and stop his wings. The sun was making Rainbow Falls shine like colorful diamond with gold nuggets on it. The fresh grass was shining like emerald. The wind was whispering a sublime symphony, using the trees and mountains as instruments.  He lands on the ground and say his first words since the start of his travel.

"So that's what look like the world around? I won't be back home as soon I was thinking..."

He make the next part of his travel on the ground to take time to admire the view and enjoy the peace of this place, but he don't directly go to Rainbow Fall instead he takes a sleep some kilometers before the town, at the bottom of the mountain.

mlp_fim_facebook_banners_by_fluttergasm-

Flutershy wasn't one to go ahead and make a trek to Rainbow Falls, or indeed other places of its ilk, all willy nilly. She preferred the safety of her home and the environs around that she knew so well. But her love of all creatures didn't have a radius and it didn't stop with creatures she understood well. So when she received a summons for aid to the little picturesque community she didn't hesitate to pack up her things and get going as fast as she could...which wasn't all that fast, but more so than usual she had a pep in wing flaps. All it took after all was the mere possibility of trouble for the little animals of Equestria for her to move as fast as she could.

It turned out to be somewhat simple. The water supply had become tainted ever so slightly by a failed storm that had produced water of slightly less than nominal ph levels. The unique snaggletooth fish variant that lived exclusively in the rivers and lakes around the town had gotten dreadfully sick. Luckily, she had dealt with such sicknesses before- like other magical critters, the snaggletooth could adapt fast and the water would return to normal. All she needed to do was show them proper TLC and feed them properly and they'd get over it themselves. It would take a few days, but she was prepared for that. All in all, an easy job she was more than happy to accept no payment for.

But that didn't mean she wasn't hungry, and her hosts for her stay threw her a mighty feast. She guessed when you had money and time, and even the occassional guest or thirty due to the touristy nature of the town, feasts were common. She ate a little but mostly left it to the jovial residents of the town to partake in the indulgence. After a little while she felt like it was time for her to get out ad maybe check up on the snaggleteeth again, so she thanked her hosts and left for a little while. She had to make her way to the bottom of the mountain, where the lakes and rivers terminated or joined others and where the snaggleteeth congregated in the highest numbers.

While she was nearing her destination she saw a pony on the ground, right next to a patch of flowers and in the grass that glistened in the dancing sunlight. Was he homeless? Poor homeless pony! She flew up gentle next to him and landed. "A-are you okay?" She asked, full of concern.

The little voice of the worried pony near him awake Bright. While he was trying to accustom his eyes at the light around him, he looks at the filly who spoke to him and got a weird sensation. He felt like he knows her from somewhere, but his mind was not cleared because of the headache that his awakening caused. He stood up, stretched his limbs and answer at her. "Hi." He rubs his eyes "I'm fine, why wouldn't I be ok? I'm just resting in a wonderful place before starting a long and fascinating journey through our beautiful country."

While he was talking, he didn't notice that his bag that contain his books fall over and spread on the ground. The grass was covered by his three books and some of his drawing. One of the books talk about Equestria History, the second one is about magic and the third is his own notebook who exceed a map of all the continent. There's a lot of drawing, some are anatomical, a few of them are graphics, but the biggest part are strange abstract with a lot of black and purple.

discord_banner_full_smol_by_rex_draco-db

The spirit of chaos never needed a reason to be anywhere at any time. Even if he sometimes played stowaway in the bags of his friends, so be it. It wasn't like he weighed them down. Madness was only burdensome to the self-proclaimed sane. Today his place of being and need to be was here and now. It would have been later -- and still he would have been on time for this little escapade. It would not have been as dramatic, mind you, but he still would have made a splash -- so to speak… but that was for later.

The snaking yo-yo of a chimeric serpent hovered.over the forsook pile of literature. He could call himself a learned pony. Even if he wasn't a pony. Nevertheless he was not as rumors often were and sometimes he was quite beyond imagination, especially those of him.eating books! How vile. That was only good as a gag a few times over, and only once as a tactic. It would be noticed a second time. A beast of multiple colors with parts as varied. The multitoned, multilimbed, chaotic god was hovering just off the grass: his hindquarters high in the air. That right talon was crossed over his left hoof’s knee as he took interest in the anatomical drawings the little, sleepy pone had abandoned in his rest.

“My, pones of a feather~!” The spirit tittered as he thumbed the pages with his paw, claw stabilizing the book's spine. “And quite the artist. I say he has your crocheting hobby on the run there Flutter.” He grinned with his head behind the book, those grey brows arching over the binding’s lip.

Did he follow the yellow and pink mare all this town? Was he hiding in her mane? Her saddlebags? Something always gave away his presence and it we usually an off-campus feeling in the environment.

While the young traveler has finished his phrase, he looks at the mess he did during his small rest and wanted to start clean it but... Things aren't always like we would. When he took the first book he noticed that he was surrounded by a huge strange-shaped shadow. At the moment where he turn back to see what is the source of this shadow his mind break.

Maybe he forgot what's the name of the mare that wakes him. Maybe he forgot to check his bag before resting. But actually, all his mind, brain and soul was focused and one thing. One big strange thing with a pony head, dragon tail, griffon wing and claws and others randoms creature's limbs.

For a second his brain shut off, if a mindmaster were to be spying on him right now he would only find a dead silence. Then an explosion of thought make him feel a weird sensation going down his spine.

Discord, the god of chaos was flying just in front of him and reading one of his books. He turns the face around to see the yellow filly that woke him and the vision of the puzzle beast make him remembered who is this mare. This shy full pony is "just" one of the pony that is father talks the most them. She's one of the Element of Harmony she's Fluttershy the element of kindness.

He focused on the world around it and realized what happened in a few seconds. After swallowing his fear, apprehension or whatever this feeling was. He tried to draw the Discord's attention.

Hu... you're the last draconequus on earth and also the god of chaos are you?

Fluttershy watched the stallion get up, yawn, and stretch, which made her immediately feel better. She hadn't been too worried that he was hurt- he looked comfy and in her experience comfortable and injured did not go well together-  but it was still good to see and hear him. She was a caretaker by nature and even if that was centered around animals most of the time it didn't mean she didn't have an immediate concern in her heart for anypony who showed signs of being sleighed. Luckily, he was fine. "Oh, that's good to hear. I guess I've been working with so many sick animals today that it was just on my mind!" she said with a smile, extending a hoof. The old Fluttershy was so shy and unable to handle new ponies that she couldn't have possibly been this forward. But she had learned again and again to put her best hoof forward and rely on the kindness and goodness of others- and with Equestrians, she was almost always rewarded.

"I'm Fluttershy. It's always nice to meet somepony new!" She said excitedly, looking vaguely at the books on the ground. He was a learned pony, that was cool! She had never really met a true academic before she had met Twilight. Ponyville wasn't exactly a hotspot for the intellectually minded, even if its stereotype as a simple farm town was also wrong. It made her wonder just what he was planning on seeing on his trip around Equestria! "Oh, h-how exciting! Where did your journey start?" Fluttershy asked, her curiosity engaged fully. It was always great to see how everypony in Equestria was on their own journey. She never gave much thought to it until more recent events, but now- it was simply so great to know!

As she looked over however, she was met by a strange face. Well, she meant that the features were strange, but she knew who it was! It was one of her best friends, Discord! Well, a lot of other ponies didn't get him, or their friendship for that matter, but she thought he was a real 'hoot' with a good heart deep inside his Draconequus chest. He slithered around and read the books before making his presence known. Fluttershy was well aware of how other ponies reacted to him and so she moved quickly to make everypony feel comfortable. "Oh, excuse my manners!" She said very, very quickly. "This is my good friend Discord! He can be a bit silly at times, but that's whats so charming about him!" She said, giving her friend a hug. She was also wondering where exactly he came from, but that was a topic for another discussion!

The vision of a little pony who saved the world a lot of time hugging the powerful god of Chaos was cute and... weird. He hears Fluttershy talk to him; but he don't pay attention to her right now, his mind was focused on the treasure that he just found. Or maybe that's the treasure that found him? Anyway, Discord is one of the best subject for his studies and he is in front of him, reading one of his books. However there's a big problem about this subject, Discord is selfish so if he wants to study his magic Bright will need to find a way to keep him close for some days, even hours...

His eyes turn to the yellow pegasus and a smile appear on his face. She's the key of his first study, still her own magic will be interesting to study he prefers to focus on the most strange for now.

But he also got a travel to make, ponies to make and at least a library to found. The only thing that is worry about is what will happend if Discord discover that he's using Fluttershy to keeping him around?

He put a hoof on the book that Discord is holding.

"I need this one."

As he was waiting for Discord to drop his book, he talks to Flutthershy.

"So, I'm travelling around our country and I'm actually going to PonyTown, did you wanna come with me?"

discord_banner_full_smol_by_rex_draco-dbbfadx.png

Discord looked over the drawings before his trademark grin snaked over his features. It seemed he was finally noticed. The other pony, who seemed rather young by compare, though it could have simply been his fond innocence! The young pegasus seemed to have taken interest in Discord, what with all the staring! He could feel the heat of the stares and peered up from behind the book. He levitated the book when Fluttershy came in for the hug after introducing him in such a delicate manner. She was too kind for her own good sometimes. He returned the hug, unable to resist the warm embrace.

“And this is my dear friend!” He let the book balance a bit on his tai.

It seemed the young pegasus had quite a collection of books. Some a bit more interesting than others. Though the more enchanted tomes were less of interest than his artistic scribbles. It was a rare thing for the spirit to see ponies more artistically inclined. To say for sure he has never met one like this. He knew a lot of ponies as well so that was saying a bit. Sure some ponies crocheted or made sculptures, but drawings had a bit more personality to them, at least for the spirit. No matter how many years have gone by or how much space he has crossed drawings always seemed the best way to learn about what a creature was really feeling. Be it a doodle or an work of years -- there was something to say about what a mortal drew given the chance to.  He continued to hold and hug Flutter as long as he was allowed, the soft draconequus not all that beastly looking up close. One could say he was devilishly handsome!

“Oh, this?” Lowering his red, scaled tail, which held the book in question: he would return it to the traveling pegasus. “Oh? What a coincidence!” He declared. “I was heading that way myself.” He grinned at Flutter. “I mean we can’t leave him to travel on his own, right?” He goaded the mare.

Fluttershy wondered what this PonyTown was like. She had never heard of a village called PonyTown before! She had heard of a Ponyville and Ponycenter, but never a PonyTown. Did he mean any town in Equestria? Well, he certainly had plenty of options there! She loved Ponyville, but it wasn't the only great place. He could try Fillydelphia or Manehattan, Dodge Junction or Apploosa, Stalliongrad and Seaddle! Personally she tended to prefer the more ground-based cities. She didn't have to worry about being challenged to flying competitions every time another pegasus had hit the salt bar a little too hard. Las Pegasus and Cloudsdale were great cities and she loved them too, but it was hard to deny the charms of chipmunks, squirrels, bears, and otters to name just a few.

Or he could just mean the town closest, which was Rainbow Falls. A small, sleepy vacation community normally traversed by tourists and campers of all stripes, it seemed an unusual destination but she guessed it was better than sleeping out here in the elements for the majority of ponykind. She already had a place for her stay there, no doubt her friends could join if they couldn't get their own places. Well, Discord would do as Discord does- she couldn't help nor hinder, nor would she want to hinder, whatever he wanted to do. It was always so fun to see other ponies on their own little quests and adventures and judging by the way he looked at Discord, he was still in the middle of learning about it all. That was exciting.

"Oh, that would be delightful. If you mean Rainbow Falls I already have a place to stay, if you needed someplace to stay, I mean. Oh, this is so exciting- I was going to just have tea for one tonight, but now, I can have tea for three. Yay!" She said, trotting alongside the both of them.

• 3 weeks later...

Bright was thinking while he was packing his books in his bag. This strange duo really intrigue him. Why Discord didn't use her to make the world has he would? Why did she's trusting him? Anyways, he needs to continue his travel and he just noticed that he badly said the name of the town where he's going so he took map on the side of his bag and check the name of this little town.

"Sorry, I've said the wrong name! I must go to Ponyville, I need to meet the Princesses for my studies and I've a letter to deliver at the Princes Celestia"

The color of the sky catch his attention. Orange, like his mane with pink clouds and an awesome sunset. The dusk his calling him and a thrill go through his wings, the twilight is his favorite part of a day, the dawn is the second one and he loves lost himself in the sky during those part of the day and admire the world around, or imagine himself as a lord ruling the world around and protecting each soul that live under his responsibility. But each time he lands on ground the reality catch him.

He shooked his head to forget this thought.

"I stay here of the night and I will go early in the morning tomorrow, would you make this travel with me?"

discord_banner_full_smol_by_rex_draco-dbbfadx.png

Discord wasn't new to travel. One could say he spent a disproportionate time living in adventure. His attendance to responsibility was deplorable, but being a god of chaos one could argue he did his job quite well. He could no longer declare it a simple matter of nature as ponies grew to know him and he grew to care. He was not used to having others he cared about so it came with the stipulation of having to make sure they came to no harm, even if that harmful prospect was you...

“I didn't know you had a place at Rainbow Falls.” Discord would act shocked. Though he probably already knew.

He moved to set his hoof and talon on the ground, standing on his hind legs. Perking those equine ears, which had a light, black fuzzy lining that gave his aged look extra charm he would watch as Bright collected themselves. When they moved along he pushed his body forward as if he was going to lower to all fours but floated like a piece of confetti slightly above and between them. He clasped his paw and claw together chuckling.

“So you're going to Ponyville instead? It's just as nice.” He teased with a smirk as he glanced to Fluttershy. “You know,” he craned his neck to look to Bright, that long muzzle sitting sheathed rows of shape, predatory teeth, which glistened when he curled his lips in a mischievous smirk. “Camping?!”

You can see him practically vibrate. In a puff of smoke the spirit now floated with a heavy camper's pack on his back with a flannel, red shirt which overalls were tucked into hiking boots. His beard became long, black and curly as a corn pipe stuck out from the stalliony whiskers.

“I rff cphing.” He blinked and pulled off the beard which looked to have been holes over his ears by wires! “I love camping!” His tools vanished and he now held a banjo in paw, stringing away at it while it rest on his crossed knees. “We can sing folk song and roast marshmallows!” He tilted his head towards Fluttershy.

On his horn a bag of marshmallow was dangling and a few of the soft candy rounds stuck onto his antler.

Oh, Ponyville? That was so wonderful! Ponyville was a great little town that she was so very proud to show ponies around in. Of course she didn't like doing it for too long- she didn't want anypony thinking she was arrogant or being too demeaning to other towns. They were all very fine in their own, special way but she still loved her little town all the same. She didn't know if she would have enough room in her cottage for him since a pack of wild Germaneic rabbits were due in for a relocation orientation. Still, she was sure they could make room. "Oh, Ponyville? I'd be so happy to travel with you there! The sights are so beautiful this time of the year, and the slipper snakes on the trails are particularly active this time of the year," she replied enthusiastically.

There was also talk of camping. Discord would have far more enthusiasm for the prospect than Fluttershy would, but she wasn't opposed to sleeping outside with the natural world all around her. She would rather do it inside of the confines of her home any day of the week, but she imagined the stars around Rainbow Falls weren't any different from Ponyville. "Camping will be just fine," she said, giggling as Discord transformed himself and started going all...chaotic and delightful. Today he was playing the part of a prospector-outdoorspony...umm, thing, and it indeed gave her a case of the giggles. He could come up with such funny characters on the spot, it really was a hoot! A hoot AND a holler, if it was a little scary!

“Marshmallows would be good too. Oh, maybe some tea- I always like some nice, herbal tea when I go camping. Does anypony have any tea?” She asked excitedly, ready and happy to add to the camping festivities. Even if nopony did right now, Fluttershy was sure that Discord could make up the difference somehow and likely quite easily. The real question was whether he wanted to do any of that. “Of course this is your campsite, so we should do what you want to do Mister...?” She asked, fluttering in place as she pondered what to do. She was so used to camping with her close friends that she sometimes could lose herself in the routines she had become accustomed to, a habit she was meaning to break right now.

Archived