(Private) Return of the Vampire Legion: Past Transgressions

Triton examined before honing in on a familiar face. “I’ll engage Shade, this should be very educational.” He wore an identical armor like Flint’s but he had a deep dark blue with a fluorescent blue trim his sliver trident strapped to his back. Triton took off before landing twenty yards from Shade. “Current situation aside, I’m genuinely looking forward to this rematch.” He said his demeanor showing fortitude but a slight respect for his opponent. 

• Replies 336
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The group felt a sudden tremor in the earth, Kasey stumbling off guard to catch his balance, "What the buck?"

The dust cleared with Ally holding onto Killjoys foot with one hand, "Oh? You got stronger..." Ally slammed Killjoy down, then spun around to fling her across the field into the nearby hillside, causing a scar of destruction in her path. Ally took a single step, her speed sent her straight to Killjoy in a second, "Show me you're new strength, show me you are worthy to bare my beloved's Name." She growled darkly.

The group spread out, simultaneously the Silent Fang followed. Shade narrowed his eyes as he examined Triton, his eyes flashed, and he smirked. "You're magic has increased, and I can sense you have gotten stronger physically as well. Consider me intrigued." Shade waved his hand, casting a wave of shadowy vines out at Triton.

Kasey went up against one, as Arial took to the skies against Dark Shade, and Jag meeting Demi-Tyne in a full out brawl. Oakly readied his katana as he faced two hooded Members, but as they attacked, he deflected them with ease. Azure nodded, "He'll be fine, Oakly is more talented then even I." He chuckled nervously. "Then perhaps he should be my opponent, since He might give me a real fight." Ceasar spoke coldly, Azure rolled his shoulders and took his stance, wielding his large headsman's axe. "Believe me, I won't be holding back, so you'll get a good fight." Azure's voice was cold and serious, his bold blue eyes starring down Ceasar. The Valentine Twin smirked, "My name is Ceasar Valentine, On Guard!" Ceasar sped forward, parrying with Azure's axe, a wild grin spread across Ceasar's face.

Trax walked forwards, as Shadow walked towards. Instantly their energies flared up before they sped forward at each other, clashing in a burst of Light and Dark. Shadow struggled to keep his thoughts in his anger, slowly he began to lose ground as he clashed with Trax.

Killjoy was already up and gone out of the scar in the earth. Suddenly Ally's face was slammed by Killjoy's foot sending Ally flying back. "You aren't winning this time..." she said as she instantly appeared behind Ally in the air "it's your turn to be broken." She said coldly as her knee drove into Ally's spine as it popped and cracked. Though she didn't have much strength, Killjoy was able to use the momentum of her overwhelming speed to create devastating strikes. "Time to start." Her voice became a bit contorted and her eyes showed what looked like faint black mist. Killjoy turned her katana around and struck Ally's face with back end of the blade, throwing her into the ground creating a crater on impact.

Ally stood up, her body contorting like a rag doll before she stood straight, twisting her body to stretch it out. “Mmm thanks for that, I needed a good back popping. Now, when you actually do start, let me know for real.” The movement was like a blink, Ally’s fist impacting into Killjoys gut, “Don’t get full of yourself just cause you trained for a year and got a Trait, while I spent a thousands years preparing for this exact moment.” She said coldly before she opened her fist, blasting Killjoy down into the ground with pure physical strength.

Flint swirled his flames around, keeping two Silent Fang at bay before they broke through, but to their surprise Flint was waiting for them. Engaging them in hand to hand, Flint held his own before he erupted with an engulfing flame, blasting them back. “Yeah that’s right! We aren’t the same anymore, we’re fighting on equal ground now, so give me all you got!” 

Kasey dueled against his opponent, He didn’t know the name of this Silent Fang member, but from their skill it wasn’t one of the higher ranking. Oakly spun around, deflecting several blows before ducking backwards, dodging the others flyover kick. ‘They must be of the lower ranks, Ceasar makes them look like childsplay... No, it’s because I’ve gotten stronger, I can keep up with their movements.’ He thought to himself as he clashed with the two Silent Fang further. Arial and Dark Shade traded blows of wind as they flew around in the sky above, Jag and Demi-Tyne meeting int a furry of punches, their arms seeming like they had multiple as they moved so fast. Azure twirled around his axe, blocking or deflecting Ceasar’s barrage of strikes, his speed outmatching Azure’s. Which forced Azure to remain in one place, in order to stay alive.

Trax kicked Shadow back, following up quickly with a single slash that caused a wave of Light to spread out from his sword. Shadow blocked it, but flew back from the force, sliding to a halt, he grit his teeth as he forced himself feel more and more hate. Letting out a roar of rage, Shadow sped forward, Trax inhaled smoothly as he readied himself peacefully. Their clash creating a massive crator in the earth, Light and Dark energies spread up into the sky.

Triton smiled as the shadowy vines raced towards him. He couldn’t help but feel that despite the circumstances there was a mutual respect between the two combatants. Triton launched himself to the side noticing How it was much easier to track Shade’s attacks. Weaving through the vines trying to trap him Triton jumped high in the air casting out his hand sending a dozen icy daggers towards Shade.

Apollo sat on Luna’s room watching over her protectively as he waited for her to regain consciousness. Nightmare moon’s amulet resonated slightly catching his eye. Walking over to it he could sense her presence within the amulet. Following a hunch he put on the amulet. “Hello?” He asked tentatively.

Shade turned his body to one side, gracefully dodging the icy daggers. He moved his hand around swiftly, like he was drawing with his two extended fingers, “Tell me, what is you’re fascination with me? You must know I can end this battle quickly.” He asked simply as his shadows reached up and surrounded Triton, incasing him in a shadowy ball, suddenly Shade clenched his fist which caused the shadow ball to explode in purple flames. Shade gathered more shadows around him, doubting that move ended Him. A single thing seemed out place for Shade, if his healing ability was so great, why was there a scar from their previous battle still upon Shades face.

”Hello pretty Kitty, I was wondering when you’d catch on.” Nightmare Moons voice echoed from the pendant, carrying a snarky tone.

The shadowy ball burst open in an explosion of water. Triton landed safely on the ground a whirlpool of water swirling around him as eight watery tendrils formed from the current. “It’s simple really. I rarely meet an equal when it comes to the mind, it seems you don’t either as shown by the scar that still shows from out last battle. Plus, you present yourself differently than the rest. I intend to find out why.” Triton spoke confidently. Two of the tendrils engulfed Shade trapping him in an orb of water before freezing solid. Triton sent a giant ice spike towards the ball of ice shattering it and sending shade flying back into the ground scarring the earth as he slid back.

”You know, I had grown accustomed to this body until you started choosing it as a focal point when addressing me. However, I suppose it’s better than being a piece of jewelry.” Apollo said matching her snarky tone. 

“Interesting...” Shade’s voice came from directly behind Triton, as he seemed to walk out from behind him. Before Triton could react, a towering wave of shadows forced him away. Shade recalled his shadows back, swirling around him like Tritons water. Shade was beside himself now, He himself did not fully understand why he kept the scar from that day, perhaps it was out of respect for his opponents aptitude. Afterall, neither of them really had their full focus on this fight. Shade could tell Triton was keeping watch over his comrades, just like he was. Suddenly flicked his left wrist, sending a shadowy slice upwards and clashing with a silvery wind before it had a chance to strike Dark Shade from behind. Arial went wide in surprise, her one chance to land a decisive blow was foiled, and being able to apply a tactic Triton had taught her. Dark Shade grit his teeth, not wanting to thank Shade, but knew his comrade was watching out for them regardless. In a fury, Dark Shade pressed his attack on Arial, which put her on the defensive, but still held her own. Shade kept his eyes on Triton the entire time, “Impress me further. From here on out, I’m going to start inhibiting you’re fellow comrades one by one, you’re goal is to stop me.” As he finished, Shade shifted his right foot, which sent a shadow rushing out. Nearby, Oakly was in a constant clash with his two opponents, when suddenly he felt himself be held still by an outside force, “What is this-“ He was cut off as one of the Silent Fang took the opening and landed a hard punch to the gut, Oakly spit up blood before he was sent flying back across the ground. Recovering quickly, Oakly rolled over dodging a downward kick, then deflecting several more strikes before kicking one of the Silent Fang away and engaging with the other. Flint blasted the area around him with fire, ‘Triton what did you get yourself into? Are you fighting him? Cause it looks like he’s training you.’ He thought to himself before guarding against a heavy onslaught from his two opponents.

Nightmare chuckled, “If not for our familiar past I would reprimand you for that remark, but also I couldn’t if I wanted to. I was only able to put my consciousness into this pendant, considering I’d be quite bored with myself for however long I’d be kept under by Luna.” She explained in kind, before sighing heavily. “I think I get why you’ve changed, to be honest my drive for an Eternal Night has grown weak. Being sealed away, then being freed, only to be defeated once more... Don’t get me wrong, I do not regret what I’ve done, but I no longer desire domination over Equestria. For now I will observe, maybe in a few more hundred years I can break out fully and see what goes on then.” She said nonchalantly. “By the way, how has been having a Cat for a body?” She inquired curiously.

Blood trickled down Ally's cheek, in the time Ally made her blow, Killjoy was able to make a small slice into her left cheek. Killjoy vanished out of the air before she hit the ground. Lightning seemed to came out of the ground and shooting towards Ally, the lightning burned her skin as Killjoy kneed Ally in the chin causing a shockwave. "Dont worry..." Killjoy vanished again and appeared behind Ally "I'm just warming up a little." She said kicking Ally in the side causing her ribs to falter, the landing another kick to Ally's right arm also causing it break. With each blow, electricity burned Ally's flesh. Killjoy appeared back to Ally's front spinning rapidly sending her heel down on top of Ally's head as she was driven into the ground once again creating a crater beneath them.

Triton remained calm, calculating his next move. ‘Arial couldn’t land her attack but composed herself in an instant to go on the defensive. Oakly took a hit but seems like he still has the advantage. Trax was in a heated battle with the one that must be Shadow. That seemed to be were most of Shade’s focus was. He was tending to be in between Shadow and me.’ Triton thought to himself. Triton’s form began to shimmer as two watery clones stepped out. Immediately the took off in two separate directions, one of them burst into water as it engaged one of Flint’s attackers trapping the enemy in a swirling ball of water with no air. The other launched itself straight at Shadow hardening into ice crashing into him throwing him off balance enough for Trax to gain the advantage. “A lot has changed Shade Locke, I may not have a thousand years of training under my belt, but I am nobody’s play thing. You’re fight is with me!” Unstrapping his trident he ran towards Shade only to burst into water right before contact. Behind Shade, Triton appeared kicking Shade up off the ground only to twist and slam him back down into the earth with a powerful swing from his Trident.

”Being a cat isn’t all bad. It’s hard to be taken seriously at first, usually have to follow up with a demonstration. It has allowed me to be incognito everywhere I go and has allowed me the means to learn everything I have. I’m limited in some ways but advanced in new ways. I’ll always want what once was but I suppose this is better than most of the things I could’ve been turned into.” Apollo explained.

Shadow felt himself be blindsided, his darkness vanished as he saw in slow motion, watching Trax's fist impact into his gut before he went flying back. Shade went wide eyed in horror, pausing himself, taking the full force of Tritons attack. Flint wasted no time in gaining the upper hand, quickly demolishing the watery bubble trap with a massive fiery explosion. The Silent Fang trapped inside was burned severely, crying out in pain as he squirmed around on the ground, the other went on the hardcore offensive and kept Flint occupied. Shade stood up, the shadows around him began flowing towards his feet, "Alright, as I said once before," Suddenly Shade's voice sounded with an echo, the shadows crawled up his legs before enveloping him in a black cloak, "You have My Attention." Without warning a black ball slammed into Triton's trident, knocking him back. As he landed, several more black balls surrounded Triton quickly before glowing, in an instant they exploded in a massive shadowy fire. Arial threw her hands outwards, blowing Dark Shade back with a burst of powerful wind, before turning worriedly to Tritons battle. "TRITON!" She screamed with terror. Jag raised a barrier around him, guarding against Demi's barrage of rapid fire punches, feeling them getting stronger and stronger.

Shadow picked himself up, seeing Shade using his trait for probably the first time in centuries, a rare sight indeed. He chuckled with pride, "Heh, I guess you really respect this one, good to see you grow, My Friend." Facing Trax once again, he felt himself no longer able to feel hatred towards his enemy. "Hey, Colonel Trax, lets say we have a clean rematch. No traits, just Us at our best?" He asked mildly. Trax raised an eyebrow, nothing about his attitude gave any ill intent of breaking the rules, but he would keep his guard up anyway. "The last time we met, you were consumed by rage, hungering for revenge. Now, you are different... Why the change?" He asked simply. Shadow sighed, "I must admit, I do feel bad about that, honestly. I was unsure how to feel, and Wrath came easy, so I let myself be consumed by that. Afterwards, I felt... remorse. In short, I was confused of my feelings, and now I am unsure how I should feel." He explained coolly. Trax narrowed his eyes at Shadow, but lowered himself into a stance, readying his short-sword. Shadow followed suit, gripping the hilt of his black blade, holding it up and pointed at Trax. The two suddenly burst at each other, colliding in a fury of sparks, their strikes matching as they traded blows.

Ally kept still as her body gave off steam, the wounds Killjoy inflicted becoming a thing of the past. A hand grabbed Killjoys foot and tossed her aside. Ally let out a long exaggerated sigh, "Such intensity, so much emotion, like a child flailing angrily." She mocked as the scratch on her cheek turned to a scar, "I'll keep this one, a little reminder that you are getting better, but still not at Her level." Ally snapped her fingers, then turned away to start heading off, "Keep it up darling, I can't wait to face you again." She turned her head to glare at Killjoy with a lusting red eye, "Please keep getting stronger." Her last words ended as she whisked away. Another Silent Fang member landed in her stead, one of the ones Oakly was fighting previously, now ordered to fight Killjoy.

Oakly flew back from guarding against a massive hit, sliding to a firm halt, he re-examined his opponent. The one who stayed behind was bigger now, and wielding a giant Warhammer, his strength had increased exponentially. Oakly readied his katana, "So, they're finally gonna use their traits, fantastic." He said mildly sarcastic. Kasey backed up as his opponent turned into a large bat-like creature, "Uh, anyone wanna trade?" He inquired jokingly.

Off to the side, Azure spun around, waving his axe to create distance between him and Ceasar. However, Ceasar was faster, able to get in close enough for a split second, scoring small slits on Azure. Being forced to change it up, Azure paused it in surprise, catching Ceasar off guard and spearing him back. Ceasar landed gracefully, having used his sabre to guard, "This is fun, I can see why you were able to kill one of us, you have a knack for catching others by surprise. Too bad that's all you'll get!" Ceasar went wide eyed with pure glee, forcing Azure to go back on the defensive, but being pushed back with each block he made.

“Interesting, Star Swirl chose well. To think He would devise such a plan to turn one of my own, truly he was gifted.” Nightmares voice sounded praising, acknowledging the dead Wizards abilities. “So, I’m not oblivious to possibility that you have another plan in progress. We used to be very close, why keep secrets hmmm?” She inquired curiously.  

A large amount of steam rose up through the cloud of dust into the sky from the point of impact of Shades explosion. As the dust cleared a glowing blue form was visible. Inside his own watery orb Triton stood his trait fully activated. The orb dissolved as Triton rose melting into a mist that began to cover the battlefield of he and Shade. Getting thicker as it got closer to his glowing dragon form that was the only thing visible. “Then let’s begin.” Triton spoke cooly. Seemingly from everywhere icy daggers started forming in the mist shooting repeatedly at Shade. Triton raised his trident in the air and a massive snake made of water burst out of the tip. Shooting straight towards Shade amidst the sky full of daggers. Crashing into Shade enveloping him.

Apollo just smiled. “All I’ll say is this. I see a better life for our kind and my plan well... Just watch Shadow.” 

Shade waved a hand, as if pushing the dust and mist out of his way, walking unhindered and untouched out from the attack. "A thousand years ago, I was nicknamed the Silver Wraith by you're ancestors. Witness firsthand, what they survived." Shades voice faded as he was wrapped in more shadows, within an instant he was before Triton, mid-swing with a dark brown wooden staff. The hit sent Triton sliding back, Shade following through as he raced around, a long blade appeared at the end of his staff. Shade clashed with Triton, his scythe parrying against Tritons trident. Shade smirked, "Incredible power, show me what it can do, My Friend."

Jag smirked as he guarded against Demi's onslaught of rapid punches, "Quick question, Do you wanna see something cool?" Demi laughed as he paused to charge up his final hit, "Now I know you're playing me, but I do." Demi's fist began to glow as he came in with a heavy swing, on impact the ground behind Jag was shattered, sending a force of wind back. Demi raised an eyebrow in mild surprise, Jag chuckled as the dust cleared, revealing him in his dragon aura armor. "Oh that is Hardcore!" Demi yelled excitedly, "Also not good for me," He added semi-cautiously. Jag reared his other hand back, as the earth moved to anchor Demi's feet, "Also not good for me." He said briefly before Jag's punch sent him flying across the battlefield like a ragdoll, and rocketing into a cluster of stone.

Arial activated her trait as Dark Shade surrounded her with a black tornado,  instantly dispersing it with ease, "If Triton is taking this seriously, so will I!" Arial manipulated a silver wind with her hands, separating it into several spears, launching them at Dark Shade. His black wind merely able to steer them off target, suddenly he was hit hard in the gut by a shot of condensed silver air, Dark Shade spit up a bucket of blood before he flew back and down to the ground. Arial hovered down towards her enemies crash site, keeping a watchful eye for trouble.

Flint stepped back as the other Silent Fang member recovered from his earlier wounds, "Heh, guess I'll give into peer pressure then." The Silent Fang guarded themselves as a wave of heat burst out from the human mage, growing nervous as they now saw him with a flaming aura armor, resembling a dragon. Both activated their traits in response, turning one into a shadowy wyvern, while the other grew hard spikes all over his body. Flint smirked as the two monsters launched themselves at him, catching their hits and sliding back a few feet. "Now I'm really fired Up!" Flint roared as he burst out with a raging firestorm, sending the two Silent Fang monsters crashing back.

Kasey ran from the bat creature, giving chase to him on all fours. The Bat creature scratched up the earth, sending rocks at Kasey. Sensing a good moment, Kasey slid to a halt, the rocks missing him completely. Kasey poised with his sabre, activating his trait within, "Absolute," His eyes widened as he suddenly speared forward past the Bat creature in a single step, "Strike!" Opening up a large gash in the beasts side, and dismembering its left arm-wing. 

Oakly readied his katana, the Silent Fang member tower over him with a downward swing, his massive hammer slamming down. "Absolute," Oakly whispered as he moved his katana upwards, "Parry!" Suddenly the large Warhammer was deflected off the katana's blade, the Silent Fang member gasped in shock as he was left completely open to Oakly's follow through of several slashes to the torso and legs. Oakly finished with a leaping double foot kick, sending the giant back and crashing to the ground. The twins made eye contact with each other, giving a thumbs up of acknowledgement.

Azure spun around his axe with quick and precise movements, deflecting any of Ceasar's stirkes, but only the lethal ones. Azure was being littered with multiple slits and cuts. "I've kept up with the reports, every battle you've been in for the past few months, is a one sided massacre. No survivors. However, our magic users would always find you in their far sights, after the battle." Ceasar slowed down his offensive in mild surprise, listening to Azure's words, "Why do you stand there motionless for hours on end?" That last sentence made Ceasar stop abruptly, his face dark with anguish. Azure kept up his guard, "I saw one of the playbacks... That face, was not the face of a merciless killer, especially then one your one famous for. No, that face was one of remorse." The word sent a shock through Ceasar, causing him to start shaking, "When you've lived as long as I have, and killed as many as I have, you start to wonder if you'll ever remember their faces. It dawned on me awhile back, that I couldn't remember a face, or even a name, or even their allegiance. All that I could recall was that I took a life... A close friend of mine said he recently met someone he didn't want to kill, because he wanted to watch them grow instead, and share that life with them. I didn't understand, still don't, but it intrigued me nonetheless. Now, after each kill, I take time to burn my enemies face into my brain." Ceasar's voice started to shake at the end, his grip tightening around his sabre, "Also, that was very impersonal!" Ceasar zipped up to Azure in the blink of an eye, gut punching with a closed fist, his eyes lit ablaze with emotion. Azure spit up blood, but quickly caught his footing, giving Ceasar a hard punch in the face with a heavy left hook. They separated from force of the hits, Azure dropping to a knee as he took more damage from the exchange. Ceasar merely wiped some blood from his bottom lip, "Nice move, hope that wasn't all you could manage." He said coldly.

Shadow and Trax dueled on flat ground, Trax gained ground easily, as Shadow felt his mind wander. Apollo's words echoed in Shadow's mind, every order by Maelstrom being questioned, the past thousand years in exile being reconsidered. Then the image of the Batkin womans face flashed in his head, Black Star's words of the group who attempted escape from the Vampire Legion, suddenly he felt a brief burst of rage. In that moment, Trax was forced to use his trait to guard as Shadow sliced with a heavy swing, the block was successful but the massive force behind it sent him flying over the ground till he moved mid air to slide to a halt. Trax watched as the brief dark aura from Shadow vanished again, 'His trait is like mine, but is honed by years of training, I should be more careful of those outburst. I barely blocked that attack in time', He thought to himself cautiously. Shadow shook his head, “My apologies, I broke the rules, and you using your trait was only fair considering the circumstances. Let us continue.” Trax didn’t know what to think, again he sensed no ill will from his opponent, only saw the calm fairness in his eyes. Were they even enemies in this moment, instead it seemed like they were just two swordsman, honorably dueling?

"Ah yes, He always was an interesting one to watch. Very well Apollo, lets see what you’re Son has to offer..” Nightmare spoke curiously.

Killjoy growled "DONT YOU RUN AWAY FROM ME!!!" she shouted as she went to pursue before Ally could disappear but was cut off by the random Silent Fang as he slashed at Killjoy with his sword, Killjoy deflected the strike with ease. "You're in my way!" She yelled. The Batkin smirked before charging with great speed, but Killjoy quickly side stepped as the batkin passed. Killjoy sliced up his back with her sword "just walk away...before you become just a number in the mass of bodies that litter this ground." she said coldly. The Silent Fang grunted as the large gash healed quickly. "All because you were blessed with a new trait and trained for merely a year, you talk like you're better than us...truth is, you will all be but maggots under Lord Maelstrom, it is better to die for him, than leave for myself...dying here would be an honor knowing I gave my life to his cause. He-" he was cut off as Killjoy loudly scoffed "ugh, all I hear is your Lord's "truth" down your throat as if you were a royal maid. Just shut up and fight or walk away." Killjoy taunted. The Silent Fang growled as he suddenly shot forward and stopped just behind Killjoy. Killjoy's hand rested on the hilt of her katana that was now back in it's scabbard. Blood gushed out of the Silent Fang's Gut but the wound healed almost instantly. "Such speed...it's not...possible..." he said feeling the loss of blood weakening him, the need to feed was nearly overwhelming. "Well it is whether you like it or not..." Killjoy said as she placed her hand on the back of the Silent Fang's head as electricity scorched his skin and hair as he shot forward into the dirt creating a scar.

Triton caught Shade’s scythe with the tines of his trident wrenching it from his hands. In a quick spin he impaled his trident in Shade’s gut. Doing a back flip over Shade he pulled his trident free as a stream of blood followed. Strapping it to his back mid air Triton summoned two icy daggers that he brought down into Shade’s shoulder blades. Letting go he kicked off of Shade landing in a defensive stance a few yards away wielding his trident once more. “You keep wanting me to prove myself to you, I ask why?” Triton asked watching Shade aggressively.

Shade stumbled forward, the blood stream froze in mid air as a purple aura surrounded it, pulling it back into Shade. ‘His strength has increased exponentially’, Shade thought as he rotated his shoulders, shattering the icy daggars. Turning to face Triton, ‘His magic has also increased’, He said to himself as he saw the rise in Tritons magical power. Shade held out his right hand, instantly his scythe came to him, “You remind me of myself, I’m seeing how far down that familiarity goes.” Shade strode in fast, his body seeming to glide over the ground like a shadow. Suddenly Shade flickered behind Triton, bringing his scythe back around and slicing into Tritons side. The force sent Triton crashing across the ground, Shade followed up with his left hand waving two fingers up and around. “Blackout.” Shade spoke as the ground beneath Triton turned pitch black, within an instant shadowy spike speared up but we’re unable to penetrate the aura armor around Triton. ‘My blade didn’t cut him, that aura armor of his is cracked but held up against my attack... such power, but for how long?’ Shade considered as he examined Tritons form.

Demi came roaring from debris, colliding with Jag in a fury of traded blows, “Let see how long you can keep this up then! I can go all day!” 

Arial backed up as Dark Shade burst out from the rubble, his black wind surrounding him, “Now I’m angry.” Arial summoned two silver tornados in her hands, throwing them at Dark Shade, who responded with his own black tornados. The colision was separated as Arial and Dark Shade both blasted columns of condensed wind, meeting between them at a standstill. 

“Ha! You overestimate yourself human, wounds like these are nothing for our regeneration factor!” The brute Silent Fang member laughed as he stood back up, the gashes on his chest were giving off steam while they closed up. The Bat-like beast gave itself a shake before it slowly grew back its severed left armwing, facing Kasey with a low growl. Oakly sighed as he sheathed his katana, Kasey following suit as he sheathed his sabre, “Guess we are still a little new at this.” Suddenly the twins untied their weapons from their belts, and tossed them to each other. “You believe switching weapons will make a difference?” The Bat creature growled with a slight hiss. Oakly shrugged as he methodically gripped the hilt of the sabre, “Why not? Afterall, we’ve been using each others weapon for the past two years.” Kasey ran his fingers over the katana’s wrapped hilt, “We thought learning each orhers weapon would be good training, since we mastered our original weapons early. Man, I can feel it all coming back to me now...” Kasey drew his katana with such fluid movements, taking a low stance as he held his sword up and aimed at the Bat creature. Oakly drew his sabre, placing his left arm behind his back and taking a perfect posture. Knees slightly bent, feet shoulder with apart and perpendicular to eachother with the left foot back. The sabre held out in front at the ready, his full attention on the Silent Fang brute, “Yeah, I’ve missed this...” The Silent Fang Members grunted in disbelief before charging their opponents.

Sparks flew as Trax and Shadow continued their duel, but they were evenly matched now. The two slide apart from a loud clanging parry, “My apologies, but my comrades are relying on me to win, so I will do what I must.” Trax said as he activated his Trait. Shadow smirked, “I’d be disappointed if you didn’t face me in earnest-“ He was cut off as the ground beneath him cracked and crumbled, putting him off balance. Shadow then realized everything, Trax had been setting this moment up since they started this duel, all his missed swings were aimed to strike the ground. The presure from Trax’s trait was the trigger. Shadow watched as time slowed down, Trax was already before him mid swing, the moment seemed to take forever. Shadow knew he lost this, he was wide open, and lacked the anger to activate his trait. ‘I get it now, I understand everything, and what I must do...’ Blood splattered the ground, an arm made a sickenin thud as it hit the ground. Shadow backed up from Trax as he spit up more blood, but he smiled through the pain, “... Thank you... for helping me see my path clearly...” He choked out before his black aura bat wings spawned from his back and gusted him up and away. Trax watched as he sheathed his short sword, his trait settling down, he then let out a sigh of relief as Shadow vanished out of sight. “Finally.” Trax breathed before he dropped to his knees, unable to move his body. “I might have overdone it a little...”

Shade was about make another move in Triton, aiming to see how powerful that Trait really is, but movement caught his eye. His eyes went wide in horror, seeing Shadow float down to him, wounded and missing his left arm above the elbow. Shadow glided to land before him, Shade immediately grabbing him to hold him up, “S-Shadow?... How did this happen?” He asked worriedly. Shadow chuckled weakly, “... This is on me, an atonement for my sins...” Shade glanced at Triton, his eyes filled with worry and fear. In a second Shade wrapped Shadow in his magic and the two vanished in black mist. Nearby, Dark Shade and Demi glanced at eachother before they too took off, quickly vanishing into the distance, the Vampire Legion already in full retreat. Flint paused with his two enemies, and when they tried to attack him off guard, Flint blast them back with a wall of flames. “What just happened?”

Out of sight from all of this, Azure was held up by the neck, his body beaten and bloody. “Why the hesitation?” The question from Azure made Ceasar pause, He didn’t know how to answer him, not in earnest anyway. “I don’t know what you’re talkin about-“

”That sickening feeling you’re getting right now, its an emotion called guilt, we humans get it all the time.” Azure cut in, “You put yourself above us as a higher species, claiming emotions as a human weakness.... seems now after a thousand years of bloodshed, you’ve finally grown a conscious... I find that honestly sad. A beast learning what it is to inflict pain on another lifeform... all that killing had finally caught up you, but you don’t know how to feel about it...” Azure paused to cough, placing his hands weakly on Ceasar’s wrist. Ceasar slowly lowered him down in shock, Azure grinned as he felt content with himself, “Make a promise to me, after this, go out explore the world... you might just find something you didn’t know was there...” Ceasar stared in confusion, feeling like his whole world was being shattered before him, turned upside down. “I....” Suddenly Azure coughed up blood as his body convulsed, Ceasar went wide eyed in horror as he looked down to see his sabre had been grabbed, Azure had stabbed himself with it. Ceasar looked into his eyes as they started to dull, “.... Azure...?” He whispered weakly. Azure then smiled brightly, “... You remembered... would you look at-“ The words escaped him as he fell back, Ceasar caught him as he bent down, withdrawing the sabre from Azure’s stomach. Tears dripped onto Azure’s face, “... Dammît...”

Triton watched as Shade vanished with Shadow knowing full well their duel was over. He could feel himself reaching his limit. There were five members of the silent fang still battling and they all had their backs to Triton. Killjoy in no way looked like she needed help so the targets had to be Oakly, Kasey, and Flint’s opponents. ‘Perfect’ he thought to himself. Sprinting towards them the mist returned swirling around him building up power, the mist became a spiraling blizzard. ‘This has to be simultaneous or one could escape’ Triton thought as the pieces moved in his head planning his move. Leaping up high activating his dragon aura’s wings he paused in between the two battles raging, aiming one hand at each fight. The blizzard split into four streams all aimed at a different opponent. The streams all solidified into large icy spears piercing the hearts of all four remaining members simultaneously, blindsiding them. The four crumpled to the ground void of life. Sensing he was at the last few seconds of his trait, Triton turned towards the fifth silent fang member between him and Killjoy. ‘Even if I can just slow him down for a second..’ Triton thought to himself. Gathering the last of his mist he hurled one last ice spike directly at the enemy. Triton allowed himself a slight smile. “Check mate.” He said as his aura dissipated and he began to fall towards the earth unconscious from overexerting himself.

Killjoy looked back seeing the ice spike going towards her opponent "that's mine..." she said as she sliced through the middle of the spike as both halves landed besides the Silent fang lying in the scorched dirt. "I'm not one to share." She approached the Silent Fang until she was only inches away, she looked over the battered body as the Silent Fang coughed "all hail Mael-" he began to say before Killjoy's blade drove into his skull "shutup..." she said coldly pulling out her sword and flicking the blood off into ground before slowly sheathing it. She glanced back toward her allies to see that everyone was still breathing and have successfully pushed back the assault. She suddenly realized that there was one missing, her former student. She scanned the area around but saw no sign of Azure "guys, we are missing one, I cant see Azure anywhere!" She called out.

Flames surrounded Triton, but did not burn him, only embraced him with a calming warmth. Flint caught him, “Tsk, show off.” He said jokingly. Flints aura armor wore off, and he too feel to his knees, feeling the after effects of using his trait. Kasey and Oakly sheathed their weapons and started towards them when they heard Killjoy callout. In that moment, Arial fell from the sky, landing on top of Kasey, “Thanks for the catch...” She said weakly, Kasey responding with a shaky thumbs up. Oakly breathed out in relief, “I guess this means we won.” He said as he saw Trax making his way towards them, two Equestrian Soldiers on either side to suppress him. “Woohoo.” Jag’s cheered breathlessly nearby as he raised a fist up before letting it drop to his side, “Ow.”

Footsteps caught everyones attention, Oakly placed a hand on his sabre’s hilt, but he froze as he saw the horrible sight. Ceasar walked towards them, carrying Azure’s lifeless body in his arms, and Azures axe strapped to his back. Trax felt a deep sorrow, but he had no more strength to feel hatred towards Ceasar. Besides, Azure wouldn’t have died with a smile on his face like that, not if he didn’t hate his killer. Ceasar stopped before them, his crimson red eyes dull and expressionless. Slowly he went to his knees, carefully place Azures body down, and then setting the axe next to him. Oakly dropped to his knees, both from his traits drawbacks and of shock, “... No... this can’t be...” He said in disbelief. Ceasar stood back up, “I... I’m sorry...” He said shakily before turning around, walking away from them. Everyone watched him go, shocked in horror, but deep down they knew this was a risky battle begin with. Trax had his two soldiers help him over to the body, he knelt beside it, examining it over. ‘Many scratches, cuts and bruising... but this stab wound... it’s odd...’ Trax thought to himself. Then he noticed dried watermarks on Azures face. “Stand down Captain, thats an Order, let him be. Azure wouldn’t want us to.” Trax said sternly, as be glanced at Killjoy.

Triton came to just as Ceasar approached him. He could tell Trax noticed something about the body by the look on his face. Kneeling by his sensei’s motionless body Triton analyzed the wound himself. Coming to a shocking realization Triton looked at Trax. Knowing that Trax wouldn’t have not told them unless it was for a good reason, Triton kept his mouth shut planning to ask him about it later.

Killjoy stared at caesar, she noticed his eyes and saw that they were the same as Ally's, her hand gripped the handle of her Katana tightly. Killjoy glanced at Trax as she heard his orders, she growled as she glared at Caesar walking off, but before he could disappear out of sight "hey...you can tell your sister I'm coming for her, next time she wont be running away without something missing...I can guarantee that..."

Caesar paused mid step, turning his head to the left, looking back with a single eye. Instantly everyone could feel it, an overwhelming sense of the void, an Intent to Kill so powerful no one could even make a move to run. Trax felt sweat slide down his face, imagining himself seeing Ceasar in a demonic form, like the very demons who hunted in Tartarus itself. “My sister is stronger than me in her own right, if you really want phase her, survive long enough to become stronger... or you’ll fail.” Ceasar told her darkly before continuing on, “She likes you, so don’t disappoint her, or Death will be all that awaits you.” With a final step he flickered away with blinding speed. Oakly dropped foward to his hands, shaking with terror, “Monsters... no, they’re  demons, we’ve come so far and still they are out of our reach.” 

Returning to the Forward camp, no victory cheers sounded, the group of Champions strode in with the help of Equestrian Soldiers. Celestia met them, expressing her condolences for Azure, she had grown close to him in the past year, he will be sorely missed. The Champions were settled into a tent, Trax was analyzing maps and battle plans with reports staked beside him, at a desk in the back of the tent. Jag and Arial were resting on cots in the right, both bandaged up a little. Flint sat in a chair, stoking the fire as it heated up a stew in the overhanging pot. Kasey was cleaning his katana in silence, every now and then his arm would cramp up, still feeling the after effects of his triat usage. Oakly sat in the left back corner, his head down in sorrow, holding his sabre sheathed in his lap. “For now, we issue a Full-Retreat Order, if Ceasar, Ally, or Maelstrom are seen on the battlefield. Ceasar didn’t have a scratch on him, and Azure wouldn’t have died unless he gave it everything he had.” Trax said outloud to everyone in the tent, it was clear they still had more training to do, but it would hands-on battletraining from here on. Celestia was sent back to Canterlot, with her magic depleted so low, she would need to rest and stay out of battle.

Shade tied off the bandages around Shadows left arm stub, over time he could regenerate it back, but Shadow willingly decided against. To the Top ranks like Shade, a wound like this could regenerate within an hour or two, but Shadow was not like them. He started at the bottom, his healing was by far much slower in comparison, and it depended on the mental state as well. Ally kept many of her scars from those who she deemed worthy, Maelstrom was the same in this regard, Ceasar just recently returned with a small scar over the corner of his right eye. Black Star’s facial scarring was caused by similar magic to what created them, therefore it did not heal completely, he used magic to constantly conceal it. Shadow nodded his thanks, “Thank you Shade, I’m gonna go for a walk.” He said as he stood up from the bed, Shade dipped his head in acknowledgment, “Let me join you.” Shadow shook his head as he took his cloak from the nightstand and positioned on him so it covered his left side, “No, I want to be alone, you’ll know when its time.” He told him simply as he walked out.

Ally watched as he brother packed a bag and slung it over his shoulder, “You know He isn’t going to like this, especially when you’re not gonna say anything.” She said warningly. Ceasar shrugged it off as he walked to the door where his sister stood, “Things have changed, and I’ve made promise I intend to keep.” He told her evenly as they stood face to face. Ally considered using force, but the look in her brothers eyes told her He wouldn’t make it easy, and a fight between them would level this Fort. Ally sighed and stepped to the side, “Always so dramatic.” She joked with a frown. Ceasar stifled a chuckle, “Right, I’m the dramatic one. Be seeing you Sis.” And with that Ceasar was gone.

Black Star watched from his position next to Maelstroms throne, Ally waltzed in heading straight her couch just behind the throne, making herself comfortable. The throne room was large and open, with pillars on either side leading from the large double doors. Every Silent Fang member was there, with the exception of Shadow and Ceasar, and Shade just now walking in. Black Star was quick to notice he was without Shadow, but didn’t probe into that too much. Instead he surveyed the members they had now after this recent battle, 18 members were left total. Black Star decided they’d start their meeting without Ceasar and Shadow, leaning in towards Maelstrom. “We are ready My Lord, two are missing but they are useless anyway.” 

Maelstrom glanced at Black Star as if giving a warning "there is not a soul here that is useless, even pawns on a chess board are of equal importance to the rest of the pieces. The two that are missing are very important, and if I recall Black Star, you were beaten by one of those "worthless" members. Next time before you open your mouth about any of our brothers, do check where you stand." He said calmly but with a very cold essence. Maelstrom stood up with his hands behind his back. "As you can all see, our recent battle costed us six of our dear brothers who we shall honor in blood. The only one to blame for their deaths is me, I should have chosen more wisely. For the ones close to those who were lost, I give my deepest apologies for my misjudgment." He said with a bow. "Though the loss is heavy on us all, we must not delay, let's us begin on what we know."

Black Star cleared his throat awkwardly and stood back, internally reminding himself to stop talking like that. A short round looking oler Man stepped forward, standing before Maelstrom, “As of now there are 7 Humans who now possess Traits, given to them by Nightmare Moon. Caesar took out the one called Azure Blade, However he is not their strongest anymore.” Upon snapping his finger, several magic projections of the Equestrian Champions were summoned around him, “Their Traits are still being researched, but it looks like the four Magic users get a massive magical boost, something to take caution of. It would help more if those who part in the actual battle shared more information with me.” He said with sneering smirk at Shade. Chandler, the Silent Fangs personal Researcher and Doctor, basically Black Star but less vocal. Shade felt his grip tighten around his wrist as held his arms behind his back in keeping a professional posture, “Perhaps you’d like to find out for yourself, hands-on is always a good way to research, No?” He replied back coldly. Chandler chuckled, “Very true, no denying that.” He said in a snarky tone.

In the dungeons of the Black Fort, Shadow opened the cell cage, seeing the Woman battered and beaten nearly to death on the floor. He got his knees and held her up, cradling her upper body in his right arm. The Woman opened her eyes weakly, smiling painfully as she saw Shadow’s face, “I had a dream... that one day you would come to me... I am so happy... to have lived long enough to see it...” She spoke as if every word was pain to her, but she continued anyway, brushing her bruised hand over his face. “Tell me, what kind of life did you see, outside of this?” Shadow asked solemnly. The Woman started to tear up, “For the past few hundred years, some of us Legionnaires grew tired of the day to day training and endless talk of revenge... We started to talk about what else there was to life... surely there was more?... One day we used a scouting duty to visit a human town, ... it was unlike anything we’ve seen... Laughter, singing, romance, ... Fun... I felt emotions I never knew I was capable of...” She paused to cough of blood, but she smiled, “... I wanted to learn the craft of Sewing,... to make something with my own hands... I-I wanted to bear children and raise them in peace... and I was not alone in this...” Shadow shook his head, “We cannot have children, our kind has tried for centuries and nothing has come of it.” He told sorrowfully. The Woman smirked, “Thats not true... We can, just not with our own... one of us did... after he fell for a human woman... he had a family in secret... till Chandler found out... He slaughtered Him and his family and kept it all under wraps... the rest of us found out after and were devastated... We vowed to escape this wretched Legion and start our own lives far away... but Black Star caught us... Through all his toture I never lost hope, because I would dream... of a time when our kind lived peacefully in this world...” She looked into Shadow’s eyes, “With you... as our Savior... The true King of the Batkin... Shadow you have done the impossible and rose the ranks of the Silent Fang with your own strength, and you have always treated the Legion with fairness, you’d be surprised how glorified you are among the Soldiers... some of us even held you above Maelstrom in such regard...” Shadow opened his mouth to speak, but she placed a finger over his lips, “... It is too late for me... but you can still save the others... so Please... Lead you’re people from this useless bloodshed... and show them there is more to life... please.. My King-“ Her hand fell down into her lap, her cold body going limp as her last breath escaped her lips. Shadow closed his eyes, emotions swirled like a storm till he thought of Apollo’s Questions. Scooping the Womans body up with one arm, he made his out of the cell.

Walking out onto the streets, Shadow carried the Woman’s body, passing by the Batkin Legionnaires. Footsteps sounded behind as a few stepped in to follow, by the dozens more followed suit. As he past through the back gates, Shadow glanced behind to see a few hundred were following him out of the Black Fort. He looked down at the womans face, “You’ve been waiting for this... My apologies that it took this long...” He whispered as he continued on, Leading his followers away into the distance.

A silence fell over the room as a lone black cat with purple eyes walked in sitting down in the middle of the room. “Greetings all, I do apologize interrupting this important meeting you are all having. You all know me, even if you haven’t pieced it together yet. I am Apollo, the first and rightful leader of the Silent Fang.” Apollo spoke. Suddenly Fear was behind him ready to strike. At that moment a white aura burst out from Apollo filling the room. “Kneel!” He said sternly as an overwhelming force bore down on the surprised Silent Fang members causing every single one of them to drop to a knee bowing their heads, including Maelstrom. “Now now I’m not here to fight, or reclaim the mantle.” He said glancing in Maelstrom’s direction.