(Private) Return of the Vampire Legion: Past Transgressions

"Its just like most things in life, the ones you have to work for only become much more sweeter in the end, she didn't go down like the rest. Even though we lost half of our brothers... I can't help but admire the mortal's strength to last as long as she and her friends did. They fought with honor and courage. I remember vividly as if it just happened yesterday, that black armor she wore, torn to pieces dripping with blood. That large sword that she wielded like a feather, was chipped from tip to handle, blade cracking in two. Body riddled with injuries no normal human could survive. Those eyes, I'll never forget the determination in those blood red eyes, even though it was clear she was to die, yet she stood, ready to use teeth and nail to the bitter end. That was exactly what she did... if we were on the same side....I believe I would have fallen for her, she was also as beautiful as she was strong..." Maelstrom sighed "shame someone like her had to die." He looked at Ally "I know, I shouldn't be feeling this way towards my prey, but what can I say, she was a guardian wolf among cattle."

• Replies 336
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Sheep Dog, My Lord, she was a Sheep dog, so the farmers call them. We are the wolves, cunning and fierce, stalking in the shadows as we prey on sheep." Ally corrected him, she herself felt an admiration for Her too, but only in the sense that She made Ally feel alive. Ally rested her head down as she recalled the bloody fight, "Her true beauty was in the fight, but in the end, there can only be one Blood Queen."

Shade stood atop the outpost, concealed in his dark cloak, he narrwed his eyes in on the three soldiers posted at the edge of the forest a good 50 meters away from the outpost. He turned away and teleported inside, deciding he would test their resolve, their main force wouldn't arrive till morning.

Maelstrom chuckled "say what you will, but I can't seem to recall ever seeing a sheep dog killing the alpha wolf along with four others and seriously injuring two. If not a wolf, a bear..." he argued as he leaned back in his throne. "Rival predators...you say dog, but I know what I saw in her gaze." He narrowed his eyes "no doubt...she was a predator alright." He glanced at Ally "in fact, she was a lot like you in a way. Even in her dying breathe, she had a smile on her face, as if she enjoyed the fight as much as you did even though you showed it a lot more."

Ally shut her eyes half way as she remembered burrying a sword into the Womans chest, pinning her to the ground, the end to their drawn out vicious fight. Together they could have been dopple gangers, almost mirror images of each other, their eyes meeting in a moments pause. Ally had only ever told Caesar, that in that moment, she wished she could have saved the Woman. Turn her to their cause, and be together, because she saw herself in that Woman. "No Human will ever be like me, she was strong, but I am stonger." She got up and started out, "Im going to take a nap, wake me when I'm needed."

Morning came quick, and with a deep red sky as the sun rose. Oakly yawned as he awoke, He glanced at Kasey who had the last watch, and then to Killjoy who he knew was already awake again or probably never slept. He rose quietly giving his arms a slight stretch, "I'm going to check on Red and Hobbs, back in a minute." He told them before slinking back into the forest. Half way to the tree, he picked up something was off, he paused to take in the surroundings, and then took a deep breath and exhaled solemnly. Oakly walked over to a tree and looked down behind it, there lay the unmoving body of Red, one of his own hatchets logded deep into his heart. Upon inspection of the tree where they hid, Oakly had to look away after seeing Hobbs hanging by his right caught in the tree, his own sword run through his chest. A few minutes later, Oakly came loudly through the undergrowth towards Kasey and Killjoy. Kasey looked back in shock, wondering why his brother was making so much noise, then went wide with rage. Oakly came up to them carrying Hobbs and Red on his back, then dropped them down as lightly as he could, "They know we're here, and they are well aware of who the stronger ones are. Hobbs and Red were killed so they couldn't raise an alarm." He said in a hushed angry tone. Kasey grit his teeth, "Simply put, they were seen as a nuisance and killed." Oakly nodded and glared at the outpost, "Whoever it is, they're good, and extremely dangerous. Captain, what should we do?"

Maelstrom chuckled as he just leaned back "proud as always."

Killjoy looked back at the two corpses of Red and Hobbs "no...this is more like a challenge..." She said looking back at the outpost " they knew we would see, if they didn't want to raise an alarm...they wouldn't have left their bodies behind." Killjoy stood up as she unsheathed her katana, the black ebony blade shined as the light revealed engravings if a foreign language all down the blade. She looked back at Oakly and Kasey "watch and learn kiddos..." She stepped out if the bushes and out to the open " and enjoy the show" she walked a few extra steps to where she was in plain view from the outpost. 

Kasey tapped Oaklys shoulder and pointed to the top of the outpost, where a dark shape stood watching them. "Did ya bring the thing?" Oakly asked without taking his eyes off the figure, Kasey nodded and threw him a hollow staff with a larger tubed container. The figure looked down at the soldier mare as she stepped out, their hands lit up with a green and purple glow. On the grounds around the outpost, dozens of skeletons crawled up, wearing equestrian military armor. Oakly sighed with minor annoyance, "Necromancy, Black Magic, this one isn't any run of the mill magic user. Captain, their testing us." Kasey and Oakly nodded to each other and crisscrossed heading in opposite directions, sill keeping just inside the forest, to flank and provide cover.

Shadow stirred in his sleep before opening an amber eye, "So it begins...."

Killjoy looked at the horde in front of her, she smirked as her gaze met Shade's "now is all of this necessary? Surely someone who took an outpost single handed can fight me one on one right?" She pointed her sword at Shade "so come now, you want to determine our skill yes? These walking skeletons won't stand a chance against me, let me see what YOUR capable of too, that is if you are afraid of death..." She said with a wicked grin.

Shade didn't react to her words, he had already noticed her resemblance from a thousand years ago, and considered this was something to report to Shadow and Maelstrom. Just like Her back then, She was already becoming just as much as a nuisance. The Skeletons streamed toward Killjoy with surprising speed, wielding swords and axes. Suddenly an arrow was stopped just a foot away from Shade on his right side, on his left, a knife was also stopped mid air. Shade pulled them close to examine, then glanced side to side, he turned the arrow and knife around then sent them back at their owner. With a twist. On both sides, explosions erupted from the tree line. Oakly pushed a tree branch off him, "Well that back fired, literally."

• 6 months later...

((yeah thats the one.))

The undead soldiers were instantly cut down as Killjoy just move through the mass of walking corpses as if they were never there. Bones and rotted flesh fell to the ground. Killjoy's movement were precise and swift, if one would have even blinked less than a split second, they would have missed mutliple strikes and steps "Kasey, Oakly, this fight is now pointless, its clear we won't be able to to reach the necromancer. Lets retreat for now and give Trax Time to catch up." she yelled for the her two remaining soldiers to hear. Pulling back from the fight this early would prevent the Necromancers study from gauging their individual strength. Killjoy dashed back away from the undead horde and started a mad sprint towards the tree line where the undead would have severe trouble following.

Shade narrowed his eyes, recognizing excellent stratagem and tactics, this one would definitely pose a threat. Then his eyes opened in even more surprise, as the two ponies who attacked earlier, came into clear vision from gaps in the trees. More descendants of those who beat them many years ago? "This presses concern, if they are anything like their predecessors, our work may be cut out for us." He said briefly before vanishing in a black mist.

Oakly and Kasey flanked Killjoys sides, "Who or what was that?" Kasey asked, Oakly frowned in thought, "Something tells me we barely saw half of what He's capable of, Necromancy, explosive magic, a form of magical telekinesis... He could probably go toe to toe with all our top Magic users." He spoke cautiously.

Killjoy chuckled "then we both stand on equal ground. We only got a small glimpse of each other's strength. He was their to gauge our individual strength, so what little we showed wouldn't be enough to give him even the slightest idea what our full potentials are. Though whatever he is...those eyes, there is only one thing that can have those eyes. Surely you two kids read up on your history. The Batkin...they have returned." A wicked grin grew on Killjoy's face "this is exciting indeed."

“Batkin...” The two whispered in sync, their faces contorted in thought, recalling their history lessons durling Military school. Their own Ancestor’s battle tactics and strategies were taught and are still used today.

Trax stood next to Leaf as she slept in the makeshift infirmary, she’d came to them wounded and exhausted, with fear in her eyes. Trax had them set up early, a few miles from their original end Destination. Leaf explained the run down from Killjoy, then showed him the pendant and what the Batkin told her. Trax felt a mix of excitement and caution stir within his gut, if the Batkin have returned, they were in for a full out War.

The group made it back to the camp Trax was. Killjoy quickly tracked down the Colonel to give her report on the small confrontation. "Colonel" she said stepping into the infirmary, she quickly spotted leaf in the bed "Colonel, the outpost, it was neither of our suspicions...what took it out was a Baykin Necromancer." she smirked "after 1,000 years, they have returned. we have a war on our hands. I don't think I've been been more excited." 

The Colonel steeled himself from giving away his own excitement at such a challenge, knowing his old friend and comrade could tell he was of a like mind, but Trax had to think about all of those under his command. “Private Leaf was attacked on route to us, this Necromancer gave her a message, also...” He tossed back to Killjoy the pendant Leaf was given, Luna’s own insignia with a stone made to resemble Nightmare Moons eye. “Princess Luna may be a target in their plan. The Batkin’s return presents a threat we have not seen for ages, and for the first time in a thousand years, we will be fighting on own soil. You weren’t able to take out this Batkin without risking him to observing your prowess, which tells me their Organization, consisting of their most powerful Brethren, still reigns. The first war with them lasted nearly ten years, but I know this time around, it will be much longer. We know for a fact we cannot afford to underestimate them, but now they know, they cannot afford to underestimate us.” Trax spoke while still looking at Leaf, then turned to face Killjoy, “A message has been sent back to Canterlot, the Equestrian Army is being mobilized as we speak. Captain, have the Platoon Leaders take charge of their soldiers, First Sergeant Shattershield will be in charge. Tonight, you and I will head to the outpost.” 

Shadow sat in meditation, his face creased in thought, then he opened his eyes. A minute later he entered the throne room, all of the Silent Fang members eyed him with curiosity. “My Lord, Shade has reported in, and with some interesting news. Our present to them was given and received, also, the Bloodline of Her still exists. Shade made brief contact with a Woman who greatly resembled Her, accompanied by two who resembled Lucifer Trax. Shade suspects they’ll take the outpost tonight.” Ally felt a rush of excitement flow through her body, her black heart beating like a drum at the mention of her longing rivalry, her body started to quiver with pleasure.

Maelstrom just sat in silence for a brief moment after hearing Shade's report, he then looked up at Shadow "stay on course and keep Shade on stand by, we still haven't gauged their strength, it seems the only way we can get the information we seek is by direct contact. Relay a message to Shade to prepare for a fight, they are not to be underestimated so give them all he has. If they die, then we no longer have anything to worry about, at the first sign of trouble, have Shade pull back, we can't afford to take any risks so soon." he ordered as he waved Shadow off "and without delay."

Killjoy clinched the pendant in her hand and put it close to her chest "then they have made their first mistake." Killjoy glanced at Trax "I'd say we send a message of our own then, let them know who exactly they are messing with."

Trax looked back at Leaf, eyeing her injured leg, “With Pleasure.”

Shadow took a slight bow, then headed out, “Yes My Lord.”

Later that night, Killjoy and Trax approached the Outpost. Trax now wearing a just a Calvary coat, with his hands all wrapped with black cloth. Having left his normal weaponry at home, He would use his hand to hand combat style, though now he couldn’t help wish he did bring his normal gear along. Trax glanced up, seeing the shadowy figure of the Necromancer, watching them with cursed violet eyes. “This reminds of that time in Neighpong, when faced that powerful Lich King, only took us thirty minutes. Think we can beat that?” He asked his comrade as he cracked his neck from side to side.

Shade watched the two approach almost fearlessly, seeing them both so clearly with his natural night vision, he felt like he was seeing a glimpse of the past. Behind him, several floating orbs of swirling blood loomed in mid air. “I will guage their strength Master, leave it to me.” 

Around the Outpost itself, undead ponies began to rise and face the two approaching ponies.

Killjoy raised her arms in a stretch as she cracked her neck side to side. "really, it took us that long? I guess i was having a little too much fun to notice. Though to answer your question..." she glanced at the shadowy figure on top of the wall and back down to the undead rising up, a grin grew across her face "I'll bet a dinner on me, that we can do this in 25 minutes or less." she quickly drew her Katana "well, lets not wait any longer."

Trax smirked before rushing forward, using his white colored wings and flying low to the ground, karate chopping down two undead, then landing in a flip to kick another into pieces. He followed up with swift jab at an undeads face, then sidestepping a slash from an axe before accurately landing a furry of punches on the undead soldier, back kicking the axe into the undead he’d hit in the face.

Shade narrowed his eyes, that was half his undead in under ten seconds.

Killjoy calmly walked towards the wall letting the undead come to her as a furious storm a slashes and strikes cut them down as if they were walking into a blender. As the last undead fell, Killjoy's katana was already in its scabbard as if it was never pulled out at all. she stood by Trax as her crimson gaze met the Necromancer's, the fierce blood lust could not be any more clear in her eyes. "c'mon...stop wasting our time with your bulls**."

Trax eyed the Necromancer closely, “At least give us a name, we know you’re not just any Batkin, just as you can see we are not just two Equestrian Soldiers.” He called up to the Batkin. 

Shade flicked his ears as they stuck out from holes in his cowl, “I am Shade Locke, Member of the Silent Fang, and servant to The Queen of the Never Ending Night.” He then smirked, “I already know who you two are, Colonel Nameless Trax, and Captain Red Veil, better known as Captain Killjoy.” Trax frowned with a curious look at Shade, ‘He knew our name and rank, and he speaks to us like we’ve met before. This one probably fought against our ancestors, which means this Batkin is over a thousand years old.’ He thought to himself. Without warning, a giant ball of black magic shot down from the sky, Trax gusted back with his wings, dodging the attack and shielding himself his arms, “That’s high teir black magic, Killjoy, this one’s stronger than the Lich!”

"Colonel you can fly...you know that right?" Killjoy said a bit mockingly. Instead of dodging away. Killjoy shot forward barely missing the black magical orb. She quickly neared the wall before jumping up, her foot landed on an uneven stone to jump again to the top of the wall with her katana drawn. She pointed the blade towards Shade "you're strong from a distance, that's been obvious so far, let's how you do in close combat." She said with a smirk.

Trax rolled his eyes, “With his ability for long range I can’t afford to learn the hard way, besides, we still haven’t seen what he’s fully capable of.” Shade let a sly smirk escape his blank expression as Killjoy mocked him, with a flash of his hand, two giant scythes appeared beside him. Both glowed with magical essence. Trax landed beside Killjoy, “Oh good, he can probably do close range too.” Trax leaped to the side as one of the scythes came spinning at him, the other spun in a wide arch around the right towards Killjoy. Just as it got close to her, Shade appeared with it and took a hold of it, the extra strength of the hit shot Killjoy off the roof. Trax rolled and twisted around as he carefully deflected the scythe as it fought on its own mind, “I should tell, this is the weirdest thing, I have ever done!” 

Killjoy grabbed the back of Shade's scythe before she launched up into the air "come now...gotta be a lot faster than that to land a hit on me." she said rolling into a back flip throwing two paper orbs down hitting Shade's face as he was occupied with Trax. The paper orbs exploded in a blinding white light. As the flash cleared, Killjoy was already back in the fight landing kick to Shade's face she fell before launching off away from the range of his scythes.

A light purple aura spread around Shades body, “Your one to talk.” He retorted sourly. Trax deflected a few more attacks from the scythe before he hit it down into the ground and hopped on top of it. “Killjoy, I think I’ve seen enough. Besides, we should end this before he starts using his full magical prowess.” Shade went wide eyed, ‘How could he tell?’ “Die, the both of you!” Before he could move, Trax kicked the scythe back at Shade, who caught with ease. However, He didn’t see Trax follow up beneath it with a hard kick to the stomach, sending him airborne.