(Private) Return of the Vampire Legion: Past Transgressions

Maelstrom sighed "Ally what you are saying is what I've been saying. I am well aware that we must crush them quickly. Also let's not give your pet a few more years to get to that point, he should already be dead and drained of every last drop of blood he has inside him. You know that soon, your pet will have to die. I dont want any descendants alive, I'll make sure to end all their bloodlines so I never have to see their faces ever again. I've managed to recover a large book with family history of the high ranking soldiers of Equestria. The Trax Bloodline is long and wide spread few children and quite the number of relatives, though the Veil Bloodline is quite a tale...the Veils were once a large and powerful Noble family, about 4,000 years ago. Even the one a thousand years ago held quite the status. It's funny, half way down the list where a Veil should have been, the name was scribbled out as if out of hatred and in very crude hand writing was a name...it was simply "Monster." and that one was only the first. I've done a bit digging in old war history and found that apparently the Veil bloodline has a very long history of violence a history almost as old as I am, and they all held high ranks in the Equestrian military. The one that was scratched out was a General, who in simple terms was cruel, razed cities to the ground, gathering surviving soldiers and residence of the cities and setting fire to all of them. That's just one example. So to shorten things up." He glanced at Ally "there is a dark and gruesome side of the Veil bloodline. Maybe it's something you can use in your fight when the time comes, trigger something deep inside. If we are lucky, she might join you."

• Replies 336
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ally blushed with joy, “You really think so? I can finally have such a strong mare to call my own! We can even use the Trax family to help us create Offspring that would surprass us all! Imagine what they could accomplish with such bloodlines running though their veins...” She started to shiver with excitement, then she glanced at Kasey, “He’ll serve his purpose for awhile longer, he serves as my amusement for the time being.” She tapped her foot twice, instantly two of the soldiers carried Kasey off to the back of the room, setting him down on the couch. Shadow entered in with Shade at his heels, and Caesar lagging behind, “They’ve been setting up defenses all morning, and set up obstacles to funnel a large attacking force. Their Colonel is definitely a descendant of the Lucifer Trax we were outsmarted by the first time.” He reported to Maelstrom evenly.

Maelstrom waved off such thoughts "calm yourself Ally, it was nothing more than just a small theory, don't get your hopes up just yet, we still have a long road ahead of us. Plus are you sure you want to be experimenting like that, I'm surprised you wish to make something stronger than you." he said glancing as the group of three walked in "they are preparing for a large assault? Well they are going to be quite surprised when we show up with only the 24 of us."

“The 24 of us? You would have little ole Blacky join the fight amongst us?” Caesar jeered with an amusing chuckle. “Why not? I am Black Star, The Onyx Comet! My Magical Prowess puts me above most here! If not for my efforts, Celestia would burned us all as we fled her burning rays!” Black Star roared in defense, recalling the moment when their kind were fleeing the battle field, his use of Cosmic-type magic made it possible to provide some defense. Black Star released his magic, showing the horrible burns on the left side of his face, “I took this burden to keep our numbers from dwindling even more, I should be treated with more Respect!” His magic flared as an aura that looked like the night sky filled with stars surrounded him. Caesar merely cracked his neck to one side, “Careful Blacky, I’d hate to add to that burn, with a scar to equal.” As he spoke with great warning, his bloodlust rose exponentially, a testament to his own nickname. Son of Alucard. Ally shot a glare back, her own bloodlust overpowering both of them, and ceasing the tension instantly, “Your petty squabble, it annoys me.” She hissed threateningly before turning back to grooming a waking Kasey. Caesar and Black Star exchanged glaring glances but kept their mouths shut, careful not to anger her, The Blood Queen. Shadow chuckled, “With the Silent Fang alone, we can eliminate their small army, and do so without any casualties.”

"Enough!" Maelstrom roared as his eyes glowed like fire "I will not tolerate any further conflicts among us, this will be the last time I say this. We can't afford to be continuously fighting with each other, but...I can't afford having insubordination in my ranks!" He glared at each of the four individually "and if either of you four have an issue with obeying my orders...I'll be happy to to sort things out!" He barked as he waved them off "Now all of you separate, and for all of your sake I better not hear anymore about any of this in the future!"

Shade whisked away in a fog, Black Star grit his teeth with a dark face before teleporting away, Caesar dipped his head and casually walked out. Shadow waited patiently, his gaze lingering towards the waking Kasey being groomed like a dog by Ally, if it not for her claim upon him, Shadow would have ended the young stallion with ease. "I can sense your gaze dear Shadow," Ally's words brought him from his killing thoughts, Shadow now looked into the eyes of The Blood Queen herself, "He is my pet now, and he brings me some enjoyment for the time being. Careful not to overreach yourself." She warned venomously, with a glance at Maelstrom as well, before she took her leave with Kasey limping close behind. Shadow felt an unseen force lift from him, he hadn't felt her bloodlust in a while, "We have all grown in skill and power in the past years, and she still remains at the top. Of course she is still second to you, My Lord." He spoke evenly as he started towards the door.

"I believe it's this rise in their abilities that is making everyone so eager to fight each other, be it out of anger or just to prove themselves again." Maelstrom thought for a moment "Shadow..." he called out before he was able to leave "I think I might have an idea to put everyone at ease with one another. Why not host a sparring tournament. This way they can discover where they stand within the ranks again and they can show off what they have been perfecting for the past thousand years. We can hold it tomorrow, that will give about two days to recover." Maelstrom said rubbing his chin "What do you think Shadow?"

Shadow paused and looked back with a raised eye brow, “An excellent idea, though I never would have taken you as the type for such events. Will you and Ally be taking part?” He asked curiously.

Trax read through latest update from Canterlot, not much was different in comparison to the first, except a name that caught his attention. “Azure Blade, The Executioner.” Trax had last heard his former student was off on a Quest through Neighpon, His timing was impeccable to just now be returning. Azure was the student of both Trax and Killjoy, if there was anypony who would be stronger, it was Azure. “So the youngster returns after five years abroad huh? You sure came back at a good time.” 

((Azure is for the moment, better, but with the knowledge he teaches Killjoy and Trax, they become stronger than him.))

Maelstrom shook his head and chuckled "I will not partake in this event unless someone wishes to challenge me, then I'd have no choice to accept. As for Ally, the choice on whether or not she would wish to attend the tournament is completely up to her. Get the notice out to the rest and for the ones who wish to partake, they can all form up in the throne room, then we can get a roster up and go from there."

((that's fine, but if I may, I was planning on Killjoy having a vision while she was out of the battle you have foreshadowed, pretty much have a spiritual connecton with her ancestor and having a rough heart to heart, with the present Killjoy's arrogance.))

Shadow chuckled, “Only a fool would challenge her. I’ll get the word out and get you a list of those participating. Necropolis chose well, you are becoming a wise Leader, My Lord.” He dipped his head and continued back towards doors. Around the room, chatter amongst the other Silent Fang began in whispers, debating to take part in this tournament.

Morning came and Maelstrom sat on his throne deep in thought. He pondered greatly on the future as he waited for the vampires who sign up for the sparring tournament. 

Killjoy was up and already giving her troops h3ll in training for the huge upcoming battle.

One by one, members of the Silent Fang trickled in, only a handful stood in the center. Caesar, Black Star, Demi-Tyne, Dark Shade, and Shadow. An odd number, but this meant Shadow could call out another. Ally gently petted the top of Kasey’s head, “Not as many as I was thinking, but sure to be just as entertaining.”

This time it was Oakly’s squad, he panted heavily as he followed Killjoys instructions, only himself, the Squad Leader, and the other Team Leader coulf keep up. The other soldiers did their best.

Maelstrom was surprised by such a small number of contestants "only five...I was expecting at least twice that to be honest. Well it matters not, your positions will be the rank you hold in the 24. The reason being is to see if any of have truly improved to move up. This is only sparring so whoever gets knocked out or immobilized, loses, and winner moves up. Simply enough right? We can use the arena, I'll set a barrier up so there will be no destruction in the castle. Well...Lets get to it."

Killjoy stood in front of the squad "this is pathetic, how do you expect to protect the Princesses if you can't even go through these simply training exercises!?" she barked "get up, we're doing it again!" she yelled.

Since this was a Silent Fang matter, only members could participate, or watch. 

((Cue fight music))

”Alright Caesar, you’re cocky attitude has gotten to my last nerve, time to put you in your place.” Dark Shade said coldly, he was a magic user Batkin who specializes in wind magic, only his magic gives the wind a dark color. Caesar scoffed, “Please, I pick fights with Black Star, your magic doesn’t scar me in the slightest. Let me show you why I carry the name Valentine.” He spoke highly as he braced for the coming fight. Ally smirked as her brother mentioned their last name, true she didn’t much look the part for how powerful she really is, and same could be said for Caesar.

The Soldiers groaned in response but kept in line, huffing as they kept at her drills. Oakly and the Squad Leader exchanged tired looks but nonetheless kept up, “Are these Batkin really that dangerous?” The other Team Leader asked.

Maelstrom stood up from his seat "now I must remind you this is only sparring, you're not aiming to kill." He said he raised his hand "prepare yourselves..." he paused for a moment before swinging his hand down "Commence!"

Killjoy glared at the team leader "are they THAT dangerous?" She quickly walked up to the leader and grabbed him by the collar "have you ONCE looked into a d@mn history book in your life!? The Batponies aren't like us, they are stronger, faster, better than us in every way in physicality. If you thought Changelings were bad...then you'll never want to witness what Batponies are capable of. " she pushed the leader into the ground "now let's go again! We will keep repeating this until all of you do it right!"

Trax watched from the Building with the First Sergeant next to him, both with solemn expressions, "The preparations have been made for the field, we've done all we can. The archers found a good position to overlook the battlefield, and the medics have been designated to platoons. We have two Magic users who can provide healing from a distance." The First Sergeant reported with his usual rough voice. Trax nodded, "Thank you First Sarge, you've always had my back in these times, its been a pleasure serving with you." The First Sarge dipped his head, "The Honor has been mine, Colonel."

Dark Shade opened up with a barrage of dark wind slices, Caesar used the claw-like blades on his hands to deflect several before flying to the side, his dark red bat wings shimmering like flowing blood, circling around Dark Shade. But Dark Shade saw through this, and jumped back into a backflip, sending a single wind slice in a deadly curve, catching Caesar in the chest and putting him against the wall. Dark Shade dove in for the ending hit, "Your mine Valentine!" The celebratory cry was premature, as he realized too late that Caesar was already above him, Dark Shade was taken by the face and flung across the arena. Caesar scoffed, "Your rise in power has blinded you, made you too overconfident. You see, I can be overconfident, cause I can back it up." Dark barely had a moment to breath before he was gut punched into the wall, the arena exploded with dust. When it settled, Dark was unconscious in the middle, Caesar standing over him with one foot on Darks head. Forcing him to look at the dirt. Shadow wasn't impressed, Dark was among the lowest, but was still a force to be reckoned with. Ceasar is just that strong in comparison, after all, He is technically the Third Seat of the Silent Fang. He just doesn't act like it all the time. Ally clapped her hands together slowly for her brothers victory, "I would have beat him senseless if he lost, always one to draw his enemies into an illusion of victory."

Maelstrom clapped slowly as he stood from his seat "well done Caesar, you have once again shown your strength and prowess in battle, very good indeed. I can say for all of us, that we are grateful to have you among us, and seeing that you have not suffered any noticeable damage, I say we can go ahead and move you up to your next opponent without delay. So next contestant join our victor, lets see if our Caesar has improved enough to climb to the top." he said sitting back down.

Demi-tyne came out from gates, charging at Caesar with a victorious battle cry. Caesar held out one hand, catching the Batkin’s gauntlet shield, the force was enough to move him back a few feet. Demi-tyne leaped back, his shield reforming into hardened brawler gauntlets on both hands, "Come on Caesar, lets see if you can go toe to toe, with the Devastator!" Demi-tyne rushed forward again, Caesar meeting him with blinding speed, their hands barely visible as they went blow for blow against each other. Each slam of their fists meeting, created a shock wave, turning the ground below them to gravel. Demi-tyne, The Devastating Fist, an expert in hand to hand and close combat. His skill and strength would prove almost equal to the best of them, and as the Seventh Seat under Shade, Demi was in charge of training the rest of the Silent Fang. Suddenly Caesar leaned back, watching carefully as Demi's foot came up, too close for comfort. Caesar flew back with a gust of his wings, sliding to a halt, taking a defensive stance as Demi-tyne closed the distance quickly. Ally raised an eye-brow, "Huh, I guess Demi-tyne has gotten better, Caesar isn't smiling. Get a good look, this is a rare feat." She told Kasey, her aim more at Maelstrom, and Shadow. Ally spoke true, Caesar had no gleam of excitement in his eyes, only a cold stare.

• 4 weeks later...

Maelstrom just folded his arms and watched carefully "a rare sight indeed, either way, we are going to see something grand tonight." he said glancing at Ally "though I must say im surrised you did not wish to partake in this tournament."

Ally glanced at Maelstrom as Ceasar and Demi met in a furry of traded blows, “It would have been boring, plus I have no quarrels against any of our brothers and sisters. This way is more entertaining.” She told him simply. A shock wave brough their attention to the fight, Ceasar slid back with his arms up, Demi sped in again with a leaping spin to being down a heavy back foot. Ceasar raised a single hand, catching the blow with ease, then he smirked slyly. Sensing the danger, Demi kicked back, but Ceasar grabbed onto his othe leg and swung Demi back around, slamming him down on the ground. On the bounce up, Demi threw up a little blood, Ceasar spun around diagonally and kicked him across the arena. Demi planted into the wall, imprinted at first then fell as the wall crumbled down on top of him. Ceasar brushed back his blonde hair, “Had to be a little serious to read ya, but I’m still better.” He boasted pridefully.  

• 3 weeks later...

Maelstrom stood there paused for a moment, waiting for another possible second wind from Demi. Maelstrom clapped slowly "well done Caeser, your prowess in combat is what makes you undeniably a valuable asset to the cause. Now without anymore delay, let's move on to the next round." He said calmly before sitting back in his chair. As he watched the tournament, the lust for battle filled his soul.

Ceasar took a bow, “It has been a great honor My Lord.” As he spoke, Black Star walked out into the arena, the medic’s carrying Demi out behind him. Black Star didn’t start with his usual gloating, instead his composure was grim and stern. Ceasar raised an eyebrow as he faced his new opponent, “No words? Nothing to say? How unlike you-“ He was cut off as Black Star unleashed his magic power all at once, forcing Ceasar back a few feet. The pressure cracked the ground of the entire arena, even putting a crack in Maelstroms barrier. Ally stroked her hand down the back of Kasey’s neck, “Seems Black Star has gained some power, might need to pour a little more magic into you’re barrier Love.” She spoke easily as the crack started to branch out. Shadow narrowed his eyes, “Black Star, I knew you were powerful, but this exceeds my expectations.” 

Kasey looked on with wide eyed amazement, and fear, this magical power was greater than even their strongest Magic Forces Division. He looked at Ceasar, not even wanting to guess at the damage he’d do to their Winged Division, and Ally and Maelstrom alone.... how could they defeat these Monsters? 

Maelstrom watched on as he put a hoof up to reinforce the magical barrier "I am more than pleased to see that our brethren have improved themselves, it is obvious that during one thousand years, their strength has been dramatically increased. They took their loss seriously and worked hard to make sure it never happens again." he said as he approached the very edge of the arena, just outside the barrier. "though are still some kinks that need to be worked out...." he glanced at Caesar "pride can only get you so far..." he said quietly watching the battle closely "it lost us the first war...and ill be d@mned if I let it do it again"

Black Star summoned several magic circles around him, then fired off a volley of stary shots. Ceasar took to the air, flying around the attacks with mild ease. Suddenly the the world inside the barrier went negative in color, Ceasar was paused in mid air, while Black Star appeared under him, and at point blank range, fired a massive magical blast. Ceasar vanished instantly in the unforeseen blast, the arena became clouded with explosions and smoke. Shadow narrowed his eyes, “Quick, but the outcome couldn’t have been any different.”

The smoke began to clear, the dust settling. Black Star stood confidently in the center, his chin held high with a sly smirk. “Brash behavior gets you nothing.” He chuckled out loud. Suddenly a large gash opened across Black Stars neck and another opening across his chest, blood splattered the ground. A small dust cloud cleared behind Black Star, Ceasar stood brushing his shoulder off, “Celebrating prematurely IS rather Brash, No?” He replied back sternly, although his body did have a lot of minor scratches and burns, the real wound was a deep scar on his left cheek just under his eye. Black Star fell over in shocked silence, passing out before he hit the ground, his wound not being fatal but enough to knock him out. Ally huffed, “His first real scar, that is an accomplishment in and of itself, not bad Black Star.”

Maelstrom was unphased at the result "Black Star's defeat was well seen before this fight even started. He let his pride get in the way of what is important and chose to underestimate his own brothers and sisters, in doing so, he stayed ignorant to the growing strengths of those who wish to surpass him. It's a shame such talent was left to stagnate. If Black Star made effort to improve, he would not be bleeding into the dirt as we speak." He said like a disappointed father.