NamelessTrax

(Private) Return of the Vampire Legion: Past Transgressions

Triton stood up clearly lost in his mind. “I appreciate your confidence in my skill set. I will do my very best to see this dream come to fruition despite how unpopular it may be with some of my comrades. After all this will change the world as we know it. That is, if we win this war.” Triton bowed with respect and nodded to Shade once again before exiting the tent turning in for the night drifting into his thoughts.

Apollo chuckled to himself, the sight of a batkin interacting so casually with equestrian soldiers gave him hope for the future. “Let’s go Noctis, it’s time to check in with the rest of Shadows followers.”

“You’re being very comfortable with them.” Oakly’s voice sounded before he stepped out in front of Triton, his face wearing a grim curiosity.

Noctis dipped his head, “Yes Master.” He gave the two Guards handshakes then followed behind Apollo obediently. The Batkin followers of Shadow were removed entirely from the War frontier, hidden from the world until it was safe for them to re-emerge. Hidden, in a Garden of Shadows.

Triton studied Oakly trying to read his emotions before giving up. He had always excelled in anything with the mind. The heart was coming slowly. Arial had been trying to help him connect more since joining up with the dragons. “Look at it this way. It’s an even battlefield now. This group could have wiped us out at any moment since arriving. They are masters with their traits. We just received ours. Anything we can learn from them will only help us. The enemy will be rattled by this betrayal. If we appear united, it will only help us more.” Triton replied cooly showing no intention of hiding anything. He respected the warrior and admired him for voicing concerns. 

Oakly sighed, “Kasey said the same, just not as intelligently. Let me ask you something then, Do you think you could ever hope to face Shade, and Win?” He asked looking at Triton with an intense stare, like he was searching for hope. He’d noticed Shade and Tritons interactions, and heard the gossip. This reminded him of Caesar, and He feared for Kasey and Himself, to be a target of such a Monster.

At the Black Fort, Black Star approached Maelstrom with a vial of green and purple liquid, “I have something for you to Witness, My Lord, something more to help turn the tide.” He announced slyly, his eyes bloodshot red and wild, yet he still kept his usual pompous composure.

Triton looked on calmly. “Not yet, but after learning from them the differential will only grow smaller. To be perfectly honest though Shade is completely different opponent then any other I have faced. It’s a battle of the minds, one illogical mis step would lose that battle. One thing I will not do is be the one to change his mind about joining us.” Triton replied honestly. The back of his mind shot him a warning as if he was being watched before the feeling passed. He shrugged it off excusing it as exhaustion.

Oakly narrowed his eyes, then turned around, “Fair enough, guess we should get some sleep, and greet tomorrow with rested minds.” He said monotonously as he stepped off, heading back towards their tent. Across the clearing of the Camp, Trax watched with a raised eyebrow, before continuing back to his business.