NamelessTrax

(Private) Return of the Vampire Legion: Past Transgressions

Triton stood up clearly lost in his mind. “I appreciate your confidence in my skill set. I will do my very best to see this dream come to fruition despite how unpopular it may be with some of my comrades. After all this will change the world as we know it. That is, if we win this war.” Triton bowed with respect and nodded to Shade once again before exiting the tent turning in for the night drifting into his thoughts.

Apollo chuckled to himself, the sight of a batkin interacting so casually with equestrian soldiers gave him hope for the future. “Let’s go Noctis, it’s time to check in with the rest of Shadows followers.”

“You’re being very comfortable with them.” Oakly’s voice sounded before he stepped out in front of Triton, his face wearing a grim curiosity.

Noctis dipped his head, “Yes Master.” He gave the two Guards handshakes then followed behind Apollo obediently. The Batkin followers of Shadow were removed entirely from the War frontier, hidden from the world until it was safe for them to re-emerge. Hidden, in a Garden of Shadows.

Triton studied Oakly trying to read his emotions before giving up. He had always excelled in anything with the mind. The heart was coming slowly. Arial had been trying to help him connect more since joining up with the dragons. “Look at it this way. It’s an even battlefield now. This group could have wiped us out at any moment since arriving. They are masters with their traits. We just received ours. Anything we can learn from them will only help us. The enemy will be rattled by this betrayal. If we appear united, it will only help us more.” Triton replied cooly showing no intention of hiding anything. He respected the warrior and admired him for voicing concerns. 

Oakly sighed, “Kasey said the same, just not as intelligently. Let me ask you something then, Do you think you could ever hope to face Shade, and Win?” He asked looking at Triton with an intense stare, like he was searching for hope. He’d noticed Shade and Tritons interactions, and heard the gossip. This reminded him of Caesar, and He feared for Kasey and Himself, to be a target of such a Monster.

At the Black Fort, Black Star approached Maelstrom with a vial of green and purple liquid, “I have something for you to Witness, My Lord, something more to help turn the tide.” He announced slyly, his eyes bloodshot red and wild, yet he still kept his usual pompous composure.

Triton looked on calmly. “Not yet, but after learning from them the differential will only grow smaller. To be perfectly honest though Shade is completely different opponent then any other I have faced. It’s a battle of the minds, one illogical mis step would lose that battle. One thing I will not do is be the one to change his mind about joining us.” Triton replied honestly. The back of his mind shot him a warning as if he was being watched before the feeling passed. He shrugged it off excusing it as exhaustion.

Oakly narrowed his eyes, then turned around, “Fair enough, guess we should get some sleep, and greet tomorrow with rested minds.” He said monotonously as he stepped off, heading back towards their tent. Across the clearing of the Camp, Trax watched with a raised eyebrow, before continuing back to his business.

Maelstrom raised an eye brow as he examined the vial in Black Star's hand. Maelstrom felt a sense of unease as he looked into Black Star's wild gaze. His use of Black Magic is pushing him away from sanity. He narrowed his eyes at Black Star "you have my attention, please show what you have in that vial of yours and possibly explain it's purpose, and this better be what you say it is.

Killjoy broke the treeline resting on a hill the over looked the entire city of Canterlot. Killjoy looked at the front gate of the city and noticed a figure walking out of the gate. Killjoy knelt down and took a spyglass out of her bag and looked through. Her eyes widen as she saw one of the Silent Fang members walking beside Apollo. What surprised her the most was that the guards acted friendly towards the Silent Fang. "What the he11 is this?" She muttered to herself. As she collapsed the the spyglass and tucked it back into her bag. She stood back up and began rocketing towards the city without being spotted by the guards.

Luna sat in her room still reading through field reports, all of which, were the same. No progress or losses, just a massive stalemate. Luna quickly jumped as she heard feet hit the floor. She looked at her window to find Killjoy standing there. "Red what on earth are you doing? There is a door." She said in surprise. Killjoy tilted her head in confusion "what do mean, there are Silent Fang coming in and out of the city. Are we not under occupation?" She asked. Luna sighed and rubbed her forehead "no we are not under occupation...that Silent Fang member is a defector, a long with a few others and a number of Bat kin" She answered. Killjoy raised an eyebrow "so...the Bat kin decided to join us...?" She asked still not understanding. Luna nodded "that is correct. I know it's quite a surprise, but please be calm when I say some of the top Silent Fang are here." She said with a nervous smile. Killjoy grit her teeth and was about to speak but Luna interrupted "but not that one!... you dont have to worry." Luna quickly exclaimed. Killjoy took a deep breathe "and you trust them?" She asked. Luna nodded "I do." She replied. Killjoy nodded "very well. If you trust them, I have all my faith in your judgement. My blade is sheathed until given reason otherwise." She said. Luna smiled "good."

Black Star dipped his head and beckoned a Soldier forward. Using his magic, Black Star binded the Soldier down, before forcing him to ingest the vial in a few gulps. Instantly the Soldier yelled out in agony, the veins in his skin turned green and his eyes became ablazed with purple flames. Black Star stepped back in admiration, “With this, they are stronger, faster, and...” He paused as the Soldier broke the bindings and let out a beastly roar, then glared at Maelstrom, instantly he dropped to a knee to bow down. “Completely obedient. They will not flee from a fight, they will die for you, and complete any task you give them without hesitation. With the Green Golems and new powerful Soldiers, you will find more victories upon the battlefield.” Black Star explained as he bowed at the waist. The Batkin Soldier was now a few feet taller with an increased muscle mass, his veins still glowed green under his skin, and a light purple flame came from both eyes. The other Silent Fang were a little intrigued by the idea, Chandler barely seemed to show any interest in it, only in seeing how this would play out. Ally snored slightly, she was fast asleep on her couch just a few yards behind Maelstrom’s throne.

A few hours later, Noctis and Apollo arrived at the north western border, approaching a thick entanglement of large thorny black vines. Before they could enter, several Batkin dressed in mottled grey cloaks appeared around them. Another figure walked out from the vines, “Greetings Master Apollo, and Noctis, Lord Shadow mentioned you’d be stopping by.” Echo said casually as the Batkin stood to attention.

Apollo paused. “Echo, I trust you’ve been faring well. Please, show us what you have accomplished here.” He said professionally, eyeing the group with curiosity.

Echo dipped her head, “As much as we can.” She replied before turning to lead the way deeper into the thorny vine forest, “We have a few wounded from defending against a few wildlife threats, but they won’t be back. Our food supply is small but will last us another year, however we will need to find an alternative to human blood, I doubt that will keep us peaceful in the eyes of our allies.” She reported as they entered through a thicket of brambles. It opened up on the otherside, into a large cavern under the vines, lit up by natural light from glowing flowers on the ceiling. Spread throughout the cavern were black tents, the Batkin pausing as the newcomers walked in, with all eyes on Apollo and Noctis. 

“I’ve found that feeding on carnivorous predators is a nice substitute, it’s never the same but it appeases the need.” Apollo replied while flicking his tail giving polite nods to some of the gawking batkin. “I’ve just come from the Princesses. They are aware of our situation and tentatively have accepted our alliance under certain terms. “An alternative way of feeding should be your first goal, that should help eliminate a lot of tension. Also, try and pick up on some human mannerisms, makes them a little less on edge when you are around them. Noctis can help with that he’s been learning the same things.” Apollo added absent mindedly as he walked inspecting the camp.

Maelstrom lifted his head and examined the transformed soldier. "I can honestly say I am impressed by the physical improvement, but a soldier without a mind is impaired with lack of reason and logic. What is the point of winning if none of them can witness their glory with their own eyes. Especially the soldiers that have faith in me as their ruler, I would be betraying them if I took away their freedom." He explained calmly. As he glanced at Black Star "I think it goes without saying, refine your concoction, I expect the same physical prowess, but their minds left alone. Is that clear?"

Black felt a smack in the face, ‘I should have known this! Of course! Idiot!’ He thought to himself inpatiently while he dipped his head obediently, “Yes My Lord, of course.” He then snapped to his created Soldier and left the throne room with the brute in tow. Chandler smirked with curiosity, a hand stroking his white beard.

Echo nodded, “We will look into this Master. All in all everyone is still a little on edge, however we are all grateful to be making our own choices now.” She stated as she followed the Cat from behind.