(Private) Return of the Vampire Legion: Past Transgressions

Killjoy raised an eyebrow, she wondered what sort of ace they even had. "What does he mean by "we may still need our Ace" what in f as it is our Ace up our sleeve?" She asked aloud. Luna shrugged "I really have no clue...no one has said anything about a secret weapon...surely I would have known about it by now. I just hope whatever tricks the general has left will be worth and finally let us gain some ground in this war. I'm sick of this stalemate."

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 336
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Triton nodded in agreement securing his trident on his back. He paused giving a respectful nod to the princess and Killjoy before disappearing after Trax.

Fear narrowed his eyes at Black Star, observing the full effect the constant use of dark magic is having on him. The corner of his mouth twitched is response to Ally’s comment for Fear shared in the disdain for Chandler. He did make a good point though. “The delay would be good for you Black Star. Before you lose your mind completely.” He said in his eerie, shadowy voice that carried a hint of a warning. He may not particularly like Black Star either but he could respect his prowess and loyalty to Maelstrom.

Shadow and Shade waited at the HQ Camps entrance, looking back as Trax and Triton came up to them. “Shade informs me the Legion is on the move, your forces will meet them soon.” Shadow reported, gesturing with his right hand towards the battlefield. Trax rolled his shoulders, “Then we should greet them as well, wouldn’t want our guests going unwelcomed.”

Black Star bit his lip in anger, but held back his lashing out, giving them a nod in agreement. Chandler eyed him with concern, as much as Black Star was a pain, his ability to apply bio magic chemistry was beyond even himself. He had to admit, these new soldiers are going to be a significant asset to the Legion. Black Star gave a bow to Maelstrom, then took his weary leave of the room, the two improved Soldiers followed him out.

3 Months later...

The Legion had lost ground with the combined forces of Shadow’s Regime and the Equestrian Army, the added forces of the Legions Golems and Skeleton Soldiers only just now starting to slow the advance. In the North, Ragnorak suffered a grievous injury when Fear and Chandler led a full assault on the Northern Camp, Ragnorak bought time for the Defensive to get set up. Shadow ordered him back, with a new face joining the ranks.

”I am Echo Sound, a pleasure to meet everyone.” Echo said as she bowed at the waist, she wore tight leather armor but very little, all over a silky black dress. They were all in the HQ’s Leaders Tent, having said their farewell to Ragnorak for his efforts and recovery, now welcoming the other former Silent Fang member who followed Shadow’s lead. Echo is a strong magic user who specializes in Sound Magic, who in her Trait state, can even hear her Enemies thoughts and next move. “Well met Echo, it is sad to see Ragnorak go but we are glad to see you were eager to join us.” Trax said with a smile. Seven leaned into Triton and Killjoy, “No joke, I heard she’s been making a ruckus back at the sanctuary about coming to help us, they’re probably glad Ragnorak got hurt so they can pamper him instead.” He whispered jokingly. Echo smirked with a twitch in her cheek, obviously hearing the jab, but she kept composed.

Echo didn’t say a word as she thrust her face close to Tritons, eyeing him up and down and smoothly moving around him, Arial blushed red with anger. Echo returned to her spot, then looked at Shadow and Shade, “I want him.” At this Arial made a move, stepping in between Triton and Echo, “Excuse you, but He is not something you can claim, besides he already has a partner.” She huffed defensively. Echo raised an eyebrow, but showed no sign of retreating, “I didn’t know it was a package deal.” Arial went blank, her beating red cheeks now flushing her whole face, “Wh-wha- What?” Echo gave her wink, then smirked sly at Triton, “We’ll talk more later, shall we?” She spoke silvery as she stepped back beside Shade, who looked on with nervous annoyance, Shadow merely smiled gleefully. Kasey and Seven had their jaws dropped in shock, Jag and Flint attempted to contain themselves from bursting out in laughter, while Oakly rolled his eyes as he stood beside his fathers desk. Trax sat back in ease, enjoying himself in these moments, “Glad everyone is getting along.”

• 3 weeks later...

Killjoy stood up "well now if our newbie's hormones are finished swarming around in that tiny little body, I guess we should just hit basics and sound off. I'm Colonel Killjoy, I'll be the one you report to if there is information to be shared. Anything you acquire must come to me, and I to General Trax. So now since that is out of the way...i better get my expectations of you fulfilled. If what they say true...that shouldn't be hard...right?"

Flint and Jag shook their heads, putting on straight faces. Echo dipped her head to Killjoy, “Yes, Colonel, I understand.” She replied respectfully. Arial still stood in the middle, her head seeming to expel steam from overthinking.

A few hours later, they were sent off to their individual battle fields. Flint took charge of the Northern Team, with Kasey, Seven, and Jag. Triton was put in charge the Southern Team with Oakly, Arial, and Echo. As always, the middle Vanguard was led by Killjoy, with Shadow, Shade, and informally, General Trax.

Shadow moved his left arm around to loosen it up, his right arm stump covered by a black cloak, “Well Colonel, do I have to guess at who you’re hoping to meet on the Battlefield today?” He asked Killjoy jokingly, inquiring about a certain scary Batkin Woman.

Oakly stood firmly as they rode Arial’s levitating wind down to the Southern Battlefield, his expression hard to read. Echo glanced around at the scenery, “It’s beautiful out here, is this really what you look every day in Equestria?” She asked genuinely, her eyes sparkling as she examined the terrain with amazement.

Killjoy turned her head away from shadow, not even giving him the courtesy of eye contact. "You know d@mn well I don't have to look...she will come to me...plain and simple. Just for record, we aren't friends...so stop talking to me like we can be. I don't care what side you chose to be on...we are not Allies." She said coldly as she walked off.

• 2 weeks later...

Triton looked towards the land but rather than see the beauty all he could see were strategic advantages amongst the land. Being around Arial and Echo had forced him to stay focused on the coming battle rather than enjoy these small moments. He silently reminded himself to make more time for these moments in the future. 

Shadow took no offense by the Colonel’s cold shoulder, understanding the reasons. Shade stood a little ways away, his eyes trained on the distance. Shadow walked over to him, “Who’s coming this way?” He asked with seriously. “A larger force compared to the other two battlefields. However...” Shade replied with hesitation, Shadow could guess it without words. 

“Probably no use in asking, but would you like a helping hand?” Trax asked cooly as he stepped in walking beside Killjoy, he adopted out his uniform coat for a white jacket, his hands wrapped and carried no weapon.

Oakly considered responding, but his conflicted mind turned him away from the idea. Arial watched Echo, to her this was normal scenery for Equestria, but for the Batkin this was new and exciting. “If you like this area, you’d love the Rainbow Falls, the colors there are truly magnificent. I could show you sometime, after this War.” Arial said smoothly as she started their descent towards the southern battlements. Echo turned to her with a genuine smile, “That’d be nice, thank you, Arial.” A moment later they made a gentle landing near the battlements, a few Commanding Officers coming to greet them. “Lieutenant Triton, our forces are ready, and we have a strategy to push the attack to set a new defensive line. Would you like to see it?” 

Triton bowed his head respectively and took stand over the war table eying their plans. His mind began working mapping out all the different possibilities. It was a good plan, with a few minor tweaks it would be a great plan. “Excellent work soldier. Echo and I will take command of the main force. Oakly and Arial will lead this flanking force here. If any of the Silent fang show themselves the four of us will divert our attention to that threat and it will be your job to take over command.” Triton explained the plan aloud.