(Private) Return of the Vampire Legion: Past Transgressions

Ceasar watched as Black Star was picked up in a stretcher and carried off, “Get better dear Brother, we still need you for this upcoming battle, even if you are an annoyance to our ears.” He said with a little laughter. His attention was drawn away as Shadow landed in the arena, instantly his expression went grim, “Well this should be fun.”

Shade lit up his hands, casting a light purple aura around Ceasar, healing his wounds and stamina. “I want you at your best my friend, afterall, I’d like to take that Third seat fairly.” Shadow told him as he nodded a thanks to Shade. Ceasar smirked, “If thats the case Shadow,” His crimson eyes glowed with a bloodlust, “Then I’ll go ahead and be serious, right off the back.” Shadow returned in kind, his amber eyes flaring up with a fire to match. The two stood in opposition, their bloodlust on equal terms. Ally chuckled with pleasure, “This right here, this is gonna be too good. You might want to keep a steady hold on your barrier Maelstrom, between these two, it may not last otherwise.” She warned playfully. The rest of the Silent Fang members grew quiet with anticipation, watching closely.

• Replies 336
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maelstrom lifted his hoof as the barrier was reinforced even further, Even Maelstrom's power wouldn't put a scratch into it. "You are correct, this fight will be rather entertaining." He glanced back at Ally "Though let me ask you this Ally...who do you think will be claiming victory in this battle?" He glanced back at the arena "I feel a near equal presence of power resonating from both of them so it's hard for me to say."

Ally pondered the question, Shadow and Ceasar sped forward, their fists meeting in an epic shockwave that vibrated the barrier. “Alas even I do not know the ending to this battle, Shadow was born into the bottom, while Ceasar has always been near the top. One has had to work constantly to get to where he is now, while the other has natural talent. Though I would watch carefully Maelstrom, the Victor of this battle will be you’re successor, should you fall in battle.” The two fighters raged as the two watchers spoke, the ground shook with each hit, the barrier vibrating from constant shockwaves being created by the opposing forces. 

• 4 weeks later...

Shadow and Ceasar mirrored each other, each of their blows meeting perfectly, both waiting for an opening in their opponents guard. Then Ceasar leaped up, fainting with his back left foot in a kick, Shadow leaned back as the foot missed him clearly. Realizing his mistake as Ceasars other foot followed through, Shadow was too late to guard, and received a brutal kick to the right side of his face. Ceasar quickly rounded back, delivering several hard blows to Shadow, the last putting him airborne. Shadow lost his breath, watching as Ceasar kicked him again, sending him rocketing into the ceiling of Maelstrom’s barrier. On the rebound, Shadow felt his muscles move instinctively on their own, guarding to the left. Again, Shadow was caught off guard by the faint, seeing only a few rocks tossed into the air.

Ceasar appeared on Shadow’s right side, using both his feet to send Shadow down and towards the side of the arena. The ground shattered on his impact, but through the dust, Shadow flew out and around. Ceasar smirked, then flew down and around, giving chase. Shadow flew lower and lower, till he folded in his wings and slid to a halt, turning with his back leg up high for Ceasar to meet. Much to his dismay, Ceasar merely dropped down and slid under, sweeping Shadow off his feet. This time, Shadow was ready. In mid air, the two punched each other in face, both flying backwards. Shadow rolled to a stop and stood back up, Ceasar just slid to a simple stop and felt his cheek. Suddenly the two sped at each other, meeting in another barrage of traded blows. For every two hits landed by Ceasar, Shadow would land one back until they were starting to be even. Shadow was reading through him now, though Ceasar expected this, afterall he had taught Shadow long ago how to read and counter an enemy’s moves.

A final heavy hit sent them apart about twenty feet, facing eachother in silence. Like Ceasar predicted, they again meet in a stalemate, expecting no less from his best friend. Ceasar cracked his neck side to side, “Alright Shadow, you got me good, lets not waste anymore time now.” He spoke loudly as he spread out his wings. Shadow nodded in response, then took a deep breath, as much as he hated to admit it. This was the only way to truly win this, both fighting at a hundred percent of their power. That meant using their unique traits, bestowed upon them by Nightmare Moon herself, each of the Original 42 had a different trait. Wether it be a physical power up, or an enhancement to their magical prowess. Activating this Trait consumes a large amount of their stamina, requiring them to feed in great amounts afterwards.

Shadow breathed in, giving into the darkest parts of his soul, letting his anger and hate take over him completely. The top half of his face became shadowed, and dark aura resonated from his dark purple wings. The whites of his eyes now pitch black, his amber slit eyes glaring through like burning flames, ready to burn away anything they stare upon. Shadow’s trait gave him a physical power-up, with hightened senses, but only if he gave into his darkest emotions like hate and anger. Shadow let out his breath, glaring with a hateful stare, “Dark Drive.”

Ceasar chuckled as he flexed out his wings and arms in a wide form, “Greed.” Instantly his muscles grew, a dark purple aura radiated from him like heat from metal left in the sun. In the crowd, several of the Silent Fang sitting the closest, fell over weakly. Ceasar’s trait, Greed, targets the unprepared and saps their physical strength and stamina to near zero. His trait can only draw from those who are not expecting it, and is limited to a max range of 50 meters. Ally noticed herself and Maelstrom were just barely a meter off, but they had seen this coming. 

The two took off at tremendous speeds, meeting in the middle with their first punch, their expressions like polar opposites. The first shockwave rattled the barrier, and turned the ground inside to loose dirt. Shadow followed up with a blow to Ceasar’s side, then was met with counter blow to his face. The next few seconds were multiple traded blows between them. Ceasar leaped up in a vertical spin, bringing down a back foot, Shadow braced it with one arm up, the impact forcing Shadow down into the loosed dirt. Shadow retaliated back by gusting up with his wings, then landing a powerful kick on Ceasar’s arms as he guarded. 

The force sent him back, but he recovered fast and moved around quickly to Shadow’s left side. Shadow dodged Ceasar’s first punch, then the two exchanged a fury of lightning fast punches and kicks. Their limbs becoming blurs as they moved, every other hit connecting to their target. Suddenly the fight was decided, Shadow felt time freeze as he remembered the moment he saw their First Leader killed. Struck down by a ray of Celestia’s magic, the horror and sadness he felt, and the look of triumph on Lucifer Trax’s face. He remembered the promise he made to their First Leader, the promise to grow stronger, and rise through the ranks. 

Shadow’s darkness exploded with sorrow and anguish, with a mighty battle cry, he landed a devastating blow to Ceasar’s guard. Ceasar was taken back, his arms went limp as they were broken by Shadow’s powerful punch. Shadow descended upon a wide open Ceasar, showering him with punch after punch, ending with an uppercut to his jaw. Shadow reared back his fist and twisted his body, coming forth with a heavy last punch right to Ceasar’s open chest. The shockwave split the air, Ceasar flew into the side of the arena barrier, cracking it to the near point of breaking. 

Shadow’s darkness released, returning to normal he felt his stamina nearly drained, barely able to stand upright. His breathing was heavy and uneven, his eyes hardly staying open. Bruises and cuts littered his body from head to tail. His hopes shrunk as movement from across the arena caught his attention, Ceasar walked out from the dust, his body looking like Shadow’s, but his Trait was still active. Shadow grit his teeth, but knew he could not hold his own anymore against Ceasar. As he approached Shadow, Ceasar spoke, “You know, considering this is my first real One on One fight.” He stopped just a foot apart from Shadow, their eyes meeting at equal height, “I’m glad it’s against You-“ Ceasar barely managed to speak that last part before he collapsed over, unconscious. Shadow stood wide eyed in shock, feeling victorious and honored beyond his imagination. All around the stadium, the Silent Fang roared in applause, even Black Star, who awoke in time to see the last bit of the fight, clapped slowly. Ally sighed and gave a few claps in acknowledgment, “I’d say he earned that, with how far he’s come.” She commented while still petting the head of a gasping Kasey. Shade looked at Shadow with an admiration, and though his face didn’t show it, he was overjoyed.

Maelstrom just stared down "it looks like we have our winner of this tournament. I believe congratulations are in order. Though before we bring this to a close, is there anything our champion has to say or maybe someone higher you wish challenge?" He said moving his hooves behind his back. He felt very confident that everyone under his command have done more than just improve their strengths, they excelled far beyond his expectations. Sadly there are still some kinks Maelstrom planned that to work out in some of the higher ranking vampires. Maelstrom's eyes glowed bright orange as Shadow suddenly felt his energy surge through his body as he was rejuvenated to full strength, even his wounds quickly disappeared. Maelstrom gave a portion of his strength so Shadow didn't have to struggle to stand due to the devastating battle that took place mere moments ago. Though given the amount of energy Shadow lost in his fight, Maelstrom way more than enough energy to supply.

Shadow dipped his head in thanks, still a little winded, “I am honored by you’re praise Lord Maelstrom, it was through hard effort and training, that made this feat possible. I am content with my Victory, and I congratulate all who participated, to see we have all grown stronger is a blessing.” He spoke highly, able to stand a little taller from Maelstroms donated strength. Ally eyed Maelstrom keenly, “You seem a little... renewed, I take it seeing battles like these has kindled your fighting spirit.” She spoke teasingly. Ally patted Kasey on the back, “Go to my Brother.” 

Shadow bowed to Maelstrom and started towards the exit, he noticed Shade about to move but he quickly shut him down with warning glance. Shade understood the meaning, remaining in place. Shadow walked down the dark corridor, the hype from the battle still fresh in his head. “You’ve grown so much, My Son.” The familiar voice caught Shadow off guard, freezing him in place. His head shot around, only for his wide amber eyes to fall on a cat. The cat had black fur from head to tail, with a purple-ish shine, its eyes shown like gleaming Amthyst gems. Shadow stared at the cat for a moment, then glanced around the corridor once more before looking back at the cat. He opened his mouth to speak, but shook his head in denial. “It couldn’t be...” Shadow whispered before continuing back down the corridor. The black Cat narrowed its eyes at him before walking away into the shadows.

Kasey reluctantly nodded and flew down into the arena using his white and grey aura wings, cautiously approaching the unmoving batpony. Kase got within arms reach before he felt a menacing presence, “Don’t worry, I’ll only need a pint.” Ceasar’s raspy voice sent Kasey’s instincts into a panic, but before he could move, his hand was grabbed, followed by a sharp pain as fangs burried into his arm.

On the training field, Oakly sparred away against another squad, acting as an enemy Batkin. The lesson was for the squad to practice teamwork against a stronger enemy. However, the tense training Oakly went through with Killjoy in the past week did more for him. In little over two minutes, Oakly was the only one standing. “He’s the only one to show this much improvement in the past week, he could pass the Platoon Sergeants Combat Test.” Trax remarked as he watched from the hill above, Killjoy at his side.

• 2 weeks later...

Maelstrom looked to the side as he sensed a presence of something that was not supposed to be the castle. His eyes narrowed "Ally...I know you feel there is something in the castle that wasn't here earlier... would you please go and investigate the presence, whether you wish to kill it or not is up to you, I just want it gone... understand?" He glanced at Ally, his ember like eyes were still glowing bright "though if you choose not to destroy it, bring it to me."

Killjoy sighed "pass the platoon Sergeant's test...but not mine. Even if he did pass my tests, would it even be enough to face such a powerful force?" She thought for a moment before shaking her head "no...no it wouldnt." She whispered to herselc, she looked towards the horizon as the sound of a horn blasted through the air "that's from Canterlot, open the gates!" She exclaimed as soldiers scrambled. Soldiers, 600 strong, marched across the horizon being led by the moon princess clad in dark purple armor and armed with a ornate straightsword . Killjoy quickly ran the stairs to meet Luna at the gate. Luna glanced at Killjoy with a slight smile "have the troops made any progress in their training?" She asked. Killjoy shook her head "very little, not enough for what is to come I'm afraid." She said with a sigh. Luna kept her composure "well keep it up, can't stop now, do whatever you have to do to give yourselves an edge, use whatever means you deem necessary."

Killjoy smirked "you don't have to tell me, I've already made all the preparations available. They wont be getting through without losses that's for sure." She said with a chuckle. Luna clinched her fists but kept it calm "unfortunately I cannot stay, I only came to bring whatever troops we could spare at the time. So I must take my leave." She said turning around as she spread her wings. "Princess..." Killjoy called. Luna quickly looked back "what is it?" She asked as if wanting to hear something. Killjoy opened her mouth but quickly closed it as she looked down. Luna had a look of disappointment on her face before finally flying off.

Trax sighed as he watched the awkward exchange, “You should have taken the chance when you had it, who knows if we will get another.” Out of the corner of his eye, he caught the sight of Leaf, she was supposed to have gone home with the last message to Canterlot. The two made eye contact for a minute, before Leaf gave him a determined look and saluted him, then continued on. Trax had to admire her courage, even after facing their enemy herself, she still stayed to fight. 

Ally dipped her head before taking off in a blur. Appearing where Shadow once stood, but only picking up Shadow’s scent, and a cat’s. That was all. Ally surveyed the area once more, finding nothing, and sensing the intruding presence fade away. Ally appeared back to Maelstrom, just as Ceasar was standing up and shaking himself off, Kasey stood by him. “Whatever it was, it’s gone now. Odd though, that feeling was... familiar.” She reported to him calmly.

Over the next two days, Trax did what could to prepare his troops, making sure their new six hundred understood the enemy they were facing. Killjoys training prepared them as well as it could, now was the day when they would see it be applied. Trax stood atop the outpost, overlooking the battlefield in which they had prepared. The B.D.U. Forces took up positions, ready to ambush their enemies flanks, the 600 provided by Princesss Luna stood at the ready just beyond the barricades next to the outpost itself. The Sun was just minutes away from high noon, few clouds dotted the sky. Silence gripped the area, as of making a sound was tabboo.

Back in Canterlot, a concert was set to begin. The audience hushed as the lights dimmed, with two spotlights illuminating a single chair. From behind the curtains, a gorgeous woman with grey and  black stripped hair and beautiful violet eyes, carrying with her an elegant cello. Octavia Melody, the most gifted Cellist in all of Equestria, gently set up her position in her chair on center stage. Her eyes were half opened, as if in worry, but she moved smoothly and without hesitation as she prepared to start her first song. 

Just outside the gates of Canterlot, an Army of thousands prepared to move out, to aid their comrades. Both Princesses issued orders to the command teams, both with great haste in their movements. Atop the wall, weilding a large Headsman axe, stood the Kingdoms strongest Soldier. A Man with short black hair and bold blue eyes, wearing leather armor and a blue cloak overtop. The Executioner, Azure Blade.  

Maelstrom thought for a moment "familiar..." he paused. He pondered on how the presence he felt wasn't felt while the tournament was taking place. The presence had to have known our location for quite some time and knew of the castles layout he thought to himself. He glanced back at Ally "Ally, after the battle, I need you to muster up some of our workers to demolish the the secret passage and make a new one, and I want the windows secure. Lastly, please explain why this presence was familiar to you, and if there anyone that might have been in the same area."

Two days ago...

Ally nodded in agreement, “I’ll have them get to it, should be finished in two days time.” She paused as if remembering a time she answered to another, “It was old, very old, and I’ve definitely been around it on multiple occasions... but its been too long since to remember... whoever it is, they’re all too familiar with Us.”

Currently...

A sudden dust cloud covered the field before the Equestrian Forces, one by one, shapes began to appear. Oakly let out a breath, sensing the impending danger, his drive to fight became one of pure survive. Trax narrowed his eyes, the slight breeze blew against his greying hair, his muscles tensed when he noticed there were only 24 figures appearing in total. “Somethings not right...”

Killjoy stood stood beside Trax "remember when I said we might just all die...well now I think we both can confirm my statement. If I had to guess...what we are seeing are the top dogs, the elite and in the middle..." she paused as she felt bright orange eyes pierce the dust cloud, though she didn't have a sense of powers, she knew where he placed in the ranks, not only that, but the feeling she felt was familiar to her "and that is the leader..." she said pointing at Maelstrom.

Maelstrom quickly waved his hand as the dust cloud instantly disappeared. Maelstrom stood silent for a moment as he scanned the soldiers that lined the walls and instantly recognizing familiar faces. "Brothers and sisters, let's us send a message..." he said as he casually walked towards the defending soldiers.

Trax felt the hairs on the back of his neck stand up, “Twenty Four? The remaining members of their elite... the ones blessed by Nightmare Moon herself... The Silent Fang...”

Everything happened fast, no one had any time to react. Ally was at Killjoys throat in seconds, “Hello there, I was gonna use my full strength, but I remember how fragile your kind is.” Her words were venom, her strength left Killjoy with no room for any counter as she picked her up then slammed her back down. The two went through the roof, down into the outpost, crashing through the floors until they hit the bottom. Ally swung Killjoy around and sent her flying through the wall, crashing into the barricades outside.

Trax stared in shock at the hole, then snapped to his right as a dark shape appeared, quickly holding his arms up to guard. Shadow slammed his back foot into Trax’s guard, the force outweighed the Colonel and sent him flying off the outpost roof. Shadow landed briefly, then took off after Trax, who crash landed into the tents behind the battlefield.

Dark Shade rose into the air, large wings of a dark colored wind formed around him, “Useless traps and ambushes, we saw these coming from miles away.” With these words, the dark wind wings gusted forward, sending a powerful wave of wind. Instantly the Equestrian traps were blown apart, ambush positions were exposed, troops were disoriented in the chaos. Unprepared for what happened next.

The Silent Fang descended upon the Equestrian Soldiers. Demi Tyne brawled his way through, each hit stacking up with power, delivering a single killing blow to each Soldier he came across. Dark Shade flew through the Soldiers who were waiting in ambush, slicing them apart with his dark wind. The other Members scattered across the ranks of Equestrian Soldiers, spreading bloodshed by the dozens. Black Star teleported into a cluster of Soldiers, a ring of dark stars circled him before bursting out, turning the soldiers to dust in mere seconds. Shade merely walked forward, any soldier who came at him was cut down by the floating shadowy scythes he had conjured at his sides. Then he paused as he recognized the light green haired woman approach him, the same woman he had injured and used to send a message. Shade felt something towards her, “You knew what kind of danger you were up against back then, why come back? Do you wish to die?” He asked curiously with a dark tone. Leaf shivered in her armor, but she kept facing the Batkin before her, bravely she held her chin up high. “I wish to protect my friends, serve my country, and make my Family proud. If I can’t do that, then I’ll lay down my life in attempt. I will not give up, not til I achieve my goals!” Leafs last words struck something inside Shade, words he had once heard from Shadow a long time ago. The words that drove him to admire Shadow. Leaf lunged in with her shortsword, using every ounce of her strength. Shade caught Leafs shortsword by the hilt and turned it downward, having it stick into the ground between them, stopping her completely. Shade stared into Leafs eyes, seeing the same fire of determination and drive in her deep brown eyes, the same as Shadow’s. Shade felt drawn to this woman, deciding he’d figure out at later date, “We’ll talk later.” He said picking her up with his magic, Leaf looked surprised at how calm and non-threatening his voice was, “W-what, hey wait!” She said startled by the sudden change in tone. “Stay alive for me,... please.” Shades words startled Leaf for a split second before she blinked and was suddenly in the same grassy plain she had first encountered that Batkin, she sat in shock for a moment before bursting out in anger, “OH COME ON!” 

Shade inhaled deeply, then released his shadow magic on the exhale, obliterating the area around him in a shadowy void. Any soldiers close by were turned black and fell to the ground, all sign of life gone from them.

Oakly pushed off the downed barrier that had fallen over top of him in the first attack, but what he faced shocked him with horror. His squad was already dead, looking around he heard the sounds that would haunt him for years to come, saw the sights that would be burned into his eyes for years to come. The Squad that was close by came to him, the Leader about to speak before he was crushed instantly by a Batkin with blonde hair. “Hi, I’m Ceasar Valentine.” He said nonchalantly before pausing to look over Oakly with curiosity, “You, you intrigue me.” Oakly felt rage bubble up inside him, “Kill him!” He yelled the order before rushing Ceasar with his katana drawn, the other soldiers around them dove in as well. Ceasar smirked casually as he deflected Oakly’s attack with ease, then spun around in a blur, decapitating the closest soldier to him. Oakly tensed up with terror, but his muscles moved on their own as he slashed at Ceasar again. Deflecting the follow up attack by Oakly, Ceasar dodged another soldiers lung by jumping up and spining back down to bury the soldiers head into the ground, blood splattering up covered both Oakly’s and Ceasar’s faces. Oakly met Ceasar’s gaze, feeling a helpless rage burn inside him, having a single thought. ‘He’s toying with me!’ 

Through all of this, a lone black cat perched itself atop a high branch, watching the scenes unfold.

Meanwhile, back at the Vampire Legions home base...

Kasey cut down the last batkin standing guard, he had to admit, Ally knew what she was doing by placing a dozen guards for him. However, Kasey surpassed their expectations, after all he had been fighting against these Batkin for the past two weeks. His own skills had increased, he knew how they fought, and combined it with his own training by his Father and Killjoy. Kasey glanced back at the bodies scattered around in the main hall, “Hang on Oakly, I’m coming back to ya.” He spoke between breaths, then made his way out of the castle and took to the skies, to his surprise without being seen.

Killjoy spat out some blood and chuckled as she slowly got up to face her opponent "you insult me...I would ask "what's the point in playing?" But I know all too well what it is like." She stared at Ally for a moment "though I will say this, you better kill me before the day is done...because I assure you that you'll regret it when the time comes when we meet again." She said unsheathing her katana "but before we begin, I have an unshakable feeling that we met before..."

Ally felt her cheeks burn, “Yes... yes... yes, oh my dear Killjoy Yes!” She giggled with excitement. With barely a flicker of movement, Ally appeared on Killjoys left, her fist slamming into the side of Killjoys face. The helmet was knocked clean off, the force of the impact sent Killjoy down to the ground and making a short scar in the earth as she slid a few 20 feet away. Ally landed gracefully before blowing on her hand, “Ooh I almost felt that armor there for a second, I gotta say I’m a bit sad. You were so beautiful back then and you still used armor to cover youself... still do.” Ally sighed as she approached Killjoy, “Let me ask something, do you... remember me? It’s me Veil, its Ally Valentine.” She exclaimed hopefully.

Trax stood up with a grunt of mild pain, he quickly shook off his tattered coat, wanting to joke about it being ruined. Shadow came in low and fast at him, Trax took a defensive stance at the ready, this was not the time for such jokes. Trax timed it, everything went as it should. He leaped up with the help of his wings to steady himself midair, meeting Shadows gaze as it followed him every milisecond, then Shadow smirked. Trax went grim and burst down with a heavy back foot, there was nothing but the hard ground below, which cracked from the impact. Shadow emerged from the dust on Trax’s right, The Colonel again held up his arm to block. Shadow merely scoffed as his fist made contact, Trax went wide in surprise, watching as Shadows punch smashed through his guard. The sound of bone breaking split the air, Trax went flying through more tents before landing into a group of Soldiers. Shadow approached them with a dark glare, “I couldn’t kill your ancestor back then, so I’ll settle for next best.”

Quickly the Equestrian Forces dwindled, The Silent Fang ran rampant through the battlefield and outpost, mercilessly slaughtering anyone in their path. Suddenly a face off began, the slaughter parted as First Sergeant readied his large halberd, starring at the face of Maelstrom himself.

Oakly slid back from blocking Ceasar’s hit, which was just hard enough to overpower Oakly’s guard. Ceasar spun around taking the face of another soldier, and driving it into the ground, death was instant. Oakly watched in horror as the last soldier ran in with a battle cry, witnessing Ceasar simply swipe across with his hand, beheading the soldier with ease. Oakly shivered, but not only with fear, but with anger. “You,” He grit his teeth with rage, “I’LL KILL YOU!” Ceasar merely smirked, “Now we’re getting somewhere.”

In Canterlot, Octavia finished her first song, meant to mean the rise of a great ancient kingdom. She paused to take a sip of water, then took up her Cello again, ready to start the next song. This was the aftermath, the fall of the ancient kingdom.

Killjoy coughed up ever more blood "I'm sorry to disappoint you, but no, I don't know you at all. There is no such name in my memories, only a sense of familiarity. So dont waste your breathe trying to bring up memories that never existed." She said getting back up on her feet.

Maelstrom stopped as he stared at the sergeant preparing to fight him. "Well...isn't that a surprise. I must say your luck is rather terrible sense you decided to challenge me...but I'll be generous and let you give your best shot at me."

Ally’s face went dark, “I see... in that case.” She looked at Killjoy with a bloodlust, her eyes having that predatory glare. “Then I’ll just make some new ones.” Her dark tone was followed through with a hard punch to Killjoys stomach, then another sending her airborne. Ally leaped up, grabbing Killjoy by the head in a spin, before driving her into the ground. Ally held a cold stare on Killjoy before kicking her away into a pile of broken barricades, “The old you put up more of a challenge, this is beginning to get boring...” Her tone was icy and filled with mild annoyance.

First Sgt narrowed his eyes, “I’m afraid my old bones won’t give you a pleasing fight, however,” He paused, swinging his halberd around in preparation to attack, “I will give you the best of my abilities.” At this, First Sgt swiped the ground in front of him, throwing up a dust cloud. First Sgt leaped high in a spinning motion, gathering up momentum in his halberd, before bringing it down onto Maelstrom. The impact caused a shockwave to erupt from the hit, but the level of effectiveness his hit had, did not surprise him in the slightest. The dust cloud disappeared from the shockwave, showing First Sgt standing just feet from Maelstrom as his halberd still rested on his enemy, who sustained nothing more than a mere scuff to his armor. First Sgt sighed evenly, “Answer me one thing, what is you’re true goal here? Why attack Equestria after a thousand years, why not move on?” He asked sternly, withdrawing his halberd back and at the ready again.

Trax winced in pain as two soldiers helped him up, his right arm practically dangling uselessly, “We need to sound a retreat, get as many as we can to fall back.” He ordered wearily. The other Soldiers prepared to fight, standing between their Colonel and the approaching Batkin. The Squad Leader held her sword at the ready, “You two,” She glanced back at the two assisting Trax, “Get the Colonel to the Medics, double time!” She said urgently, then froze in her terror as she saw her world turn upside down, before everything went black. Her head landed at Shadows feet as he pushed over the headless body, “Can’t have that, I ain’t finished yet.” His dark tone sent chills down the surrounding soldiers spines, one by one they charged in, blind in fear and rage. Shadow, one by one, dispatched them with ease. As if on cue, Shade appeared, summoning forth a jagged black sword at Shadows side. Trax grit his teeth, “You two, get going, thats an order!” He yelled furiously. One of the soldiers let go of Trax and drew his sword at Shadow, “Get him out here, I’ll-“ His words were cut off as shadowy binds wrapped around him and the other soldier, Trax was dropped to his knees as the two soldiers were choked to death in mere seconds. Trax managed to stand up, but Shadows fist met his left side, sending him crashing into the hillside behind the outpost encampment. Trax threw up blood, too weak to even move, “Dammït all...” He choked out desperately. Shadow walked up to him, standing over Trax and glaring down with satisfaction. “My name is Shadowed Heart.” Trax heard Shadows words echo as the Batkin raised that jagged sword, and drive it into his chest, impaling him to the ground. Trax spit out more blood, before falling limp, life slowly leaving his body. Shade watched Shadow stare at the dying man, wondering what was going through his friends mind. Then, Shadow turned away with a blank expression and walked back towards the dwindling battle, not saying a single word. Shade followed close behind as they returned to the battlefield.

Oakly flew at Ceasar with his katana in mid slash, aimed at Ceasar’s neck. However the Batkin simply parried with his hand, the blade barely making a cut in the skin. Oakly gasped in shock, but was met with a quick jab in the gut, causing Oakly to lose his breath. Ceasar followed through with a succession of rapid jabs and punches to Oakly’s sides and face, when Oakly was able to finally deflect a single hit, Ceasar sped up his movements. Oakly couldn’t defend himself, this Batkin outmatched him by not just years, but experience and skill as well. The last was a spining back kick, hitting Oakly square in the chest, and sending him flying away towards the back of the outpost encampment. Ceasar stood still considering to pursue after him, but instead shrugged and walked on. “Well that was entertaining, kids got potential, just like his brother.” He whistled nonchalantly.

Now, the number of Equestrian Soldiers plummeted, only a few here and there getting picked off one by one. A group of Medics retreated to the back hillside, finding their half dead Colonel, and began treating him the best they could.

Killjoy laid slumped over the rubble, but her eyes met Ally's "then go ahead...why keep this going any longer?" She asked as she coughed up more blood "but remember my words."

Maelstrom simple dust off his shoulder from the attack "you mortals are such fragile creatures, so easily corrupted and so easy to break...maybe...just maybe." He glanced back at the sergeant "maybe I'm tired of a world that is controlled only by the weak..." his orange eyes glowed bright as a great sense of power overwhelmed the sergeant.

Ally stared into Killjoys eyes, hearing her speak those words with such confidence, and... something else. Ally walked right up to Killjoy, putting a foot on Killjoys breastplate, the pressure denting it with ease. She held her face close to Killjoys, “You have her eyes you know, that beautiful red, it’s almost intoxicating how much you are like Her.” Ally spoke softly, her blood red eyes shinmering with hope, “Survive this, get stronger.... and come back to Me.” Ally pulled Killjoy in, kissing her for a second, then pulling back and spinning around into a deadly kick to Killjoys chest. The force blew up debris around them, cracking the ground, and sending the Captain into the air. Heading towards the back hill of the encampment.

First Sgt felt sweat beads down his face, knowing he was about to greet death as an old friend, He smirked anxiously. “You are by far the most powerful enemy Equestria will have to face, but even so, You will be severely disappointed in the outcome of this War you started here today.” The First Sgt spoke with courage, bringing around his halberd for another go, and slamming it into Maelstroms side, watching in an expection as the blade shattered on impact. In a final act, First Sgt swung around what was left of the halberd shaft and leaped to spear down at Maelstrom.

Maelstrom quickly raised his hand to catch the halberd with ease "oh I doubt that, you see I've had a really long time to plan all of this out...I can see your moves over 15 steps in advance. Now as a reward for your valor." He clenched his fist tight "I'll make your end painless." Suddenly the sergeant disappeared into a mist of red and pulp with only one punch. "And this is the first step to a new world..."

Oakly limped towards his Father, who was being tended to by medics, a black jagged sword impaled through his chest. A shape crash landed close by, with Killjoy laying unconscious in a deep crater, blood leaking from her cracked and bent armor. Oakly faced towards the battlefield, his eyes wide in horror at hundreds of dead comrades spread before him. “All this, done by just 24 of them? What are these things?” As he spoke, the dust began to clear, with 24 figures walking towards the few remaining of the Border Defense Unit. Suddenly a force field of gold and dark blue, and the 24 shapes vanished. Oakly turned around to see a Large Army of Equestrian Soldiers, with the Princesses in the lead. Oakly let a faint smile cross his face before he fell over from exhaustion.

Celestia looked on in great sadness, what lay before her was beyond her fears, the burden of all these lives lost began to weigh on her shoulders. Her hans lit up with a gold aura, clearing the battlefield of dust. Her eyes narrowed in as she spotted figures at the opposite end of the carnage. The reports were true, as She had feared, The Vampire Legion has returned. Celestia used a powerful healing spell over the few survivors, only including a handful of Medics, Oakly, Trax, and Killjoy. “Assist and protect our wounded, set up a defensinve line.” She told the General at her side, who immediately began barking orders to the Equestrian Soldiers behind them. A few went to help Oakly and Killjoy, the rest went to assist in keeping Trax in a stable enough condition to move back to safety. 

Across the battlefield, the 24th seat Silent Fang member, Rowan Helm, tapped his foot anxiously on the ground before shooting forward. His mind raced with visions of glory for killing the Sun Princess, his eyes grew wide as he used his wings to pick up more speed. Black Star watched him with a smirk on his face, “What an idiot, he will punished later for this kind of stupidity.” Shadow, Shade, and Ceasar watched carelessly, this was how Rowan always was, too eager to prove himself. Ally shook her head in distaste, “He always was one to be hopelessly blind to caution.”

Rowan closed in on the gold and blue magic barrier, his plan was to smash through it with his Trait, then straight for the Sun Princess. Rowan leaped for the barrier, readying his punch, victory just in his sights. Then a shape flew in from out of the blue, a gleam of steel flashed before Rowan hit the barrier. A shockwave erupted from the hit, but to his surprise, he didn’t hit the barrier. Rowan looked up, meeting the bold blue gaze of a tall man, weilding a large headsmen's axe, used to block his punch. 

The Silent Fang surpressed sounds of mild surprise, a mere mortal had just blocked one their kinds punch, even if he was the lowest ranking.

Azure inhaled deeply, kicking up his axe which forced the batkin to back up, still off guard and held up a half guarded arm against Azure’s follow through swing. Rowan crashed back against the ground and slid back on his feet, his right arm had a large gash, “You filthy Mort-“ He cut himself off as he tried to analyze the situation before him, but no matter what, he had underestimated his opponent. Azure was already in front of the Batkin, his headsmens axe slicing open Rowan in a clean horizontal sweep across the chest. Rowan spat out blood, surprised horror covered his face, “I-it c-can’t be...” His mumbled words came out weakly. Azure twirled his axe around before bringing it over his head in a rainbow arch, chopping down on a staggered Rowan. From the opposite side of the battlefield, the Silent Fang watched in shock as one of their own brethren was cut down. Silence gripped their hearts, all of them wanted to rush this newcomer with a vengeance. However, they were smart to see errors of such a move. The Princesses were fully alert of them, the newcomer was poised at the ready behind the barrier again, and the rest of the large army were already in a defensive position. Even with their might, they would prolong this battle, which was only supposed to be short. Ally stood at Maelstroms side, “That was unexpected, even if he was our lowest ranking member, that man was able to stagger Rowan long enough to kill him. He’s smart too, He probably guessed he got the drop on Rowan and got lucky he was our weakest member, then stepped back behind the Princesses barrier.” She said sternly, still aggravated by the scene. Black Star and Shade examined the barrier, which was doubled Alicorn Magic, even with a combined might it would still take too much to break. Shadow walked up on Maelstroms other side, “You’re Orders, My Lord?” He asked respectively.

((I think maelstrom's theme song is hail to king by avenged sevenfold.))

Maelstrom, unlike the rest of the silent fang, was not the slightest bit surprised at the fact a mortal was able to take an elite Batpony head on and win. It has happened before "it's nothing to worry about..." he glared at Azure "if need be, I'll handle that worm myself..." he said turning away "let's retreat for now, no need to drag this on any further, our goal was only to let our intentions known and that's exactly what we did. I believe a small celebration is in order."

As soon as they turned their backs, Shade paused closing his eyes, lighting up his hands with an unusual purple and green glow. From above the Barrier, a small sun like orb shined brightly before firing down a beam at the Batkin. The Silent Fang looked on curiously, the sunny beam was directed around them in several smaller paths, by a curved shadowy wall. The beam dispersed, and the wall vanished, the area around the Silent Fang was scorched and lifeless. Shade opened his eyes, revealing them aflamed by purple and green fire, then subsiding. Black Star stared in disbelief, “T-Thats Black Magic...” His tone came out as insecure, believing himself to be the second strongest magic user, with Maelstrom being the only one to use Black Magic. Shade cast a shadowy circle around the group, glancing from Shadow to Maelstrom, knowing he had just shown more power then he let on. The Silent Fang vanished away with Shades spell.

Celestia frowned, “Black Magic too, they certainly didn’t have that a thousand years ago.” 

Once back at their castle, Ally flipped over one of the dead batkin soldiers with her foot, seeing the killing slash across his chest. Kasey was no where in sight, and his scent growing stale. He escaped not long after they left for battle. Ceasar huffed, “He was showing some improvement towards the end, certainly a quick study like his brother.” He said out loud, more to himself than anyone in particular. Ally surpressed most of her frustration, but the ground still cracked under her foot as she set it back down, “My apologies Lord Maelstrom, I shall bot make the same mistake twice.” She said evenly before taking her leave. Shade glanced around seeing Shadow was missing already, he wondered how his friend felt now, after killing his enemy.

On the road back to Canterlot, Oakly awoke to see Kasey looking down at him, Leaf sat across from them looking blankly into the abyss before noticing Oakly wake up. The three were in the back of a carriage, a few medics slept towards the front. “Hows Dad and the Captain?” Oakly asked as he sat up wearily. Kasey opened his mouth to speak, but Oakly chopped down on his head. “Ow! What was that for?” Kasey exclaimed rubbing his head and wincing from the pain. “Do you really need to know why?” Oakly challenged back. Kasey frowned with a sigh, he knew his brother was right, plus Azure let him have an earful of how reckless and naive he was. He deserved much more after the stunt he pulled, “Their stable for now, but they are slipping, the Princesses are focusng everything just to keep them alive.”

In the other two carriages, Celestia lay on the floor with Trax in front of her, her hands casting a continuous golden ray over the Colonel’s body, but at the moment her spell could only keep him alive. “Stay with me Colonel, Tavi won’t forgive you if you quit now.” She tried to sound confident, but with that black sword still in the Colonel, She grew ever more anxious. Luna was with Killjoy in the second carriage, with the injuries she had sustained, she was on a thin thread like the Colonel.

Trax opened his eyes, seeing a blue sky reflecting off the calm water he stood on, the horizon expanded in every direction with no end in sight. He looked down at his own reflection, seeing his body only had his older scars. Looking back up, he thought for second he was seeing his reflection again, but it wasn’t quite the exact same. This Man had more grey in his short hair, a large scar running diagonally from right to left across his face between the eyes, which were the same cold steel blue. They stood at equal height and build, and were suddenly wearing similar fashioned uniforms, and the newcomer having a confirmed older version. Even their voices were alike, that cool and bold tone, with an air of authority. “Greetings Colonel, my name is Lucifer Trax, an honor to finally meet you.” Lucifer introduce himself with a polite smile. Trax glanced at the rank on Lucifer’s collar, five stars fitted neatly on both sides, “The honor is mine, High Command General Lucifer Trax.” He replied in kind, not able to let a slight smirk escape him.

Luna grasped Killjoy's hoof tightly as she used her magic to the best of her abilities to keep Killjoy alive. "Just how bad is she?" Luna said as she glanced back at one the medics, her voice shook even as she tried keeping her emotions in check. The medic shrugged "well as what I have seen, almost every bit of her body is broken to a near irreparable state, if by some miracle she lives, her body wont be functional for a while, at the least a month with continuous healing magic." He explained. "Then we will make it happen...even if it means I have to do it myself." Luna said gritting her teeth.

Suddenly everyone in the room was weighed down by a strong force, though Ally got the most of it "oh you are surely right about that..." Maelstrom's tone was the same but had an definable feeling of anger "not only did your pet escape, but now it knows the location of our castle. I hope you got all the entertainment you wanted out of the insect because the next I see it, I will destroy it and nail its corpse over the castle gates." He said as the force dispersed. Maelstrom took a deep breathe before walking out.

Ally paused to shoulder the weight, barely flinching, then continued on again till she was out of sight. Ceasar let out a sigh of relief, and the rest of the members agreed wholeheartedly with him. A clash between those two would level the entire city. Black Star still stared at Shade with wide eyes, even after studying Black Magic for centuries, He has yet to be able to use it himself. Ceasar chuckled as he patted Shade on the back, “Since Shadow decided to be all reclusive, I’ll ask. Since when have you been able to use that type of magic?” Shade shuffled his feet nervously, “I watched Lord Maelstrom when he first started practicing it, and just followed along, honestly it’s still pretty experimental.” He explained shyly, aware of Black Star’s glare on him. Ceasar laughed and shook Shade a little, “Well come on! Lets throw a little party, and raise a glass or three to our fallen!” He exclaimed excitedly, the other members cheered in agreement.

In Canterlot, the Colonel and Captain were brought to the Castle, placed in the Princesses respected studies. Two teams of expert doctors were assigned to each room, charged with medically assisting the Princesses in healing the injured Officers. Celestia continued her healing spell over Trax, as the doctors began removing the black sword. Oakly and Kasey were already bandaged up in  cloth wrappings, they waited outside Celestia’s Study. Footsteps sounded from the down the hall, the brothers turned to look simultaneously, their hearts lifted when they recognized their Mother. Octavia looked on with a blank expression, her black dress flowing as she approached the two with her head held high. The brothers waited silently as she stopped before them, her gorgeous violet eyes looking from one to the other. Octavia put one hand on Oakly’s shoulder, and ther other against Kasey’s face, then she pulled them into a tight hug. Thats when She broke down, wailing with tears of joy and sadness. Her boys were alright, but her Husband was on the brink of death.

”Yes I remember Shadowed Heart, His feelings towards me were not unknown, he made them quite clear on occasion. However he should not be your focus right now.” Lucifer told him before Trax could ask him a question, “On that last day of the War, I wanted so much to join my fellow Comrades as they faced the Silent Fang alone, but my place was on the main front. The Plan could not have worked otherwise, and so I lived on and died of old age instead of by the sword. My faith in my old friend to keep the Silent Fang busy was rightly placed, and by the Sun and Moon did she fight with the others against those monsterous Batkin. That was a different time back then, and sadly it seems centuries of peace lost our teachings down the line.” Trax sighed after hearing him, sitting down wearily, “Their speed, strength, technique... it’s beyond me. Azure is the only one who could stand against them, but even he wouldn’t last long, and he was trained by both Killjoy and Myself.” Lucifer shook his head, “I’m afraid what you saw was only half of what they can really do, each of them have a special Trait, a gift bestowed to them by Nightmare Moon when she created the the Silent Fang. My old friend and I were able to take down some of their more frightening Members, but their current roster is nothing to underestimate. It was no wonder Nightmare Moon did not take part in that 10 year war till the very end, the amount of magic she spent to create such powerful monsters must have left her in such a weakened state. Colonel, I won’t lie to you, all of you have a long road ahead, and will be some of the hardest days of your life. Azure can teach you what he has learned in his travels, but that will only get you half way, the rest will be up to Her.” His words seemed cryptic at the end, Trax narrowed his eyes in curiosity, “Who’s Her?” Lucifer chuckled, “You’ll have to find that yourself, first,” He paused to walk up to Trax and place a hand on his chest, “You’ll need to survive this.” Trax watched as everything vanished and he fell down into the bright golden light below. “And lighten up a little, it’ll go a long way, trust me!” Lucifer called down to him from above. 

Shadow stood under a small oak tree, just a few hundred feet from the city walls they had taken over a few weeks prior. Thoughts swirled around his mind, Why? Why don’t I feel any different? Why am I not feeling as Victorious as I thought? What’s wrong with me? These questions trapped Shadow, keeping him grounded from taking off in excitement at killing his enemy. Then a thought struck him, “Did I really want to kill him?” He asked himself out loud. 

“The question My boy, is what is you're calling now? What do you desire, right now.” That familiar voice took Shadow by surprise, but when he spun around, he came face to face with that same black cat. The Cat licked his paw and chuckled, “Oh come now Shadow, do you really not recognize me? That hurts, I thought I was like a Father to you.” His voice was blunt, yet challenging. Shadow stared in disbelief for a few heartbeats before it came to him, “... Apollo?” He choked his words out as he started to tear up with emotions. Apollo smiled brightly like a Father would to his own child, “Its good see you again-“ He didn’t get his words out in time before Shadow was on him, embracing him in a big hug. Apollo smirked and hugged him back, Shadow backed away and looked at him with wonder, “How? Why? How? What Happened?” He fired one question after another, forcing Apollo to throw on a look of amusement. “I will tell you at a later date, for now, I need you to answer My questions.” He told him evenly. Shadow sat back and shuffled his hands awkwardly, “I don’t know, I killed the man I thought I hated, but it’s not really him. Now, I’m at a loss.” He explained, unsure of himself. Apollo nodded in agreement, “You’ve held onto that hatred for so long, letting it be that driving force to grow stronger and stronger. However, now you are realizing it was a facade of emotions, unknowningly knowning you might not have gotten to where you are now because of that. Shadow, I have to leave, but when I return I need you to answer these questions for me. What do you truly desire in this world? Are you on the right path? How can you bring about change to this world, for you’re own kind?” The words echoed in Shadows mind as he watched Apollo turn and flicker away.