(Private) Return of the Vampire Legion: Past Transgressions

“It may be easier than you think, but please don’t rush in unprepared, take time to set up a guard.” Trax cautioned her evenly, the last thing they needed now was Nightmare Moons full return. Then he remembered the pendant from Shade Locke, searching through his tattered belongings. Once found, he held it out for Luna to see, “This was given to us by one the higher members of the Silent Fang, it’s design closely matches your own, but different with the split eye in the center. My guess is that this belonged to Nightmare Moon.”

Black Star agreed wholeheartedly with his statement, but something still needed to be asked, and he was nervous to ask. “Sire, then I must ask. For the last 500 years, I have noticed you use Our Mother’s name less and less, and now by saying We are Gods... My Lord do you plan to bring Nightmare Moon back at all, or will rule Yourself?” He asked bravely, his desire to know the truth surpassing his nervousness.

• Replies 336
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Luna took the pendant and examined it "well however we do it, we could probably use this a catalyst of some sort to trigger the nightmare."

Maelstrom stayed silent for a moment "Nightmare Moon is no longer my concern... so to answer your question, we will be ruling this world ourselves. There is no longer a reason to hold on to idols..."

Trax nodded his agreement, “Then I will leave it to you Your Grace.” Right then, he heard footsteps hurriedly approach the door, taking a guess at who it probably is. Suddenly they stopped, and Azure stepped in halfway, “Colonel?” Trax should have guessed he’d halt them before barging in, “Yes yes, let them in.” He waved to him. Azure opened the door further, letting Kasey and Oakly rush past to hug their father, immediately going to attention as Trax gave them a warning glare. The brothers stood with beads of sweat rolling down their faces, wearing baggy training pants and T-shirts that were probably thrown on in a hurry. Trax could see they had gained some muscle, Azure’s training was doing then some good. The Colonel glanced at Azure and gave him a nod of acknowledgement, then faced his sons, putting his left arm around Kasey and moving into them for a hug. “Keeping out of trouble?” He asked jokingly, but tears shed from his eyes, joy overcoming his cool exterior. The brothers hugged their father back, too tired to fight back tears of joy. Tavi watched from the doorway, marveling in the sight. Azure stood before Killjoy, bowing at the waist to his Sensei, “It has been too long, Master Killjoy.” He spoke diligently, ever the respectful pupil. 

Black Star starred in marvel, then dropped to his knees and bowed to him, “Please Sire, allow me to pledge my undying loyalty to you, and only you. I wish to forever be at your side, a loyal servant to the Supreme ruler of this World.” He vowed pleadingly, overcome by respect and admiration for Maelstroms rule.

Killjoy glanced at Azure, she did wonder a little bit where his extra strength came from. She quickly cleared the thought from her mind, it did not matter. She was going to get stronger, but her pride wasn't about to let her take lessons from her student. "Yes it has Azure...I'm glad to see mine and Trax's training be put to good use, and a lot stronger than the last time I saw you..." she said trying to hold the rage she felt towards her defeat. Suddenly images of flaming red eyes flashed through her mind. A chill ran down her spine "I have to go..." she said before quickly taking her leave, nearly slamming the door behind her. 

Luna watched Killjoy's exit and looked back at Trax "I should probably go to...you know as well as I do that behaviour is not normal for Red. Though before I go, Azure, i must ask how you got so much stronger?"

“In my travels, I have trained with a few different people. Each gave me insight to better my physical and mental strength, from the Monks high in the mountains of Neighpong, to the Vikings of Scandia. Even my year in the most desolate parts of Saddle Arabia turned up teachings of old, to which I studied for months on end to learn. With all these teachings combined, and the training I dedicated my self to, I have been able to rise above my limits time and time again. Of course, without the initial training by first Teachers,” Azure paused to glance at Trax, “I would not have been able to, they unknowingly prepared me for such hardships, and I cannot thank them enough.” He told her evenly.

Trax patted his sons on the back and gave a curt nod to Luna about Killjoys behavior, “Well, tell me about the training.” He asked his sons happily, though kinda regretting it as he was bombarded with talking over their training in the past month.

Killjoy sat on her bed holding her hands together as sweat headed down her face. Out of the corner of her eye, she saw shadows move and form a figure with the same red eyes that she saw in her head. Killjoy slowly turned her head hoping she was just seeing things, but there it was, plain as day, right in front of her. Her eyes widened, for the first time in her life, she felt fear as her heart pounded rapidly. The shadows dispersed as the chamber door swung open "Red wha-" Luna paused, seeing Killjoy in such a shaken state. Killjoy looked at Luna "I've faced a lot of horrors and never flinched, even feeling the overwhelming strength of the batkin...nothing...but what I just saw...is something else entirely." She said as her voice shook. Luna sat on the bed beside Killjoy "what did you see?" She asked. Killjoy lowered her head "I dont know...but when I looked into those burning eyes I saw horrors beyond all comprehension. She told me there was a darkness...but I never imagined it was like this." She said. Luna press killjoy's head to her chest " what do you mean by SHE" she asked. "While I was out...i saw my ancestor who fought the batkin a thousand years ago...and she warned about a darkness that has cursed our family since before you and Celestia were even born." Killjoy answered. Luna thought for a moment, she just held on to Killjoy tighter.

“Speaking of their training, would you like to see their progress?” Azure asked as he came to stand next to Trax, Oakly and Kasey smirked in determination, to which Trax nodded agreement. “Yes, let’s how much effort you’ve both put into this.”

A few minutes later, Oakly and Kasey ran out onto the training field, Trax and Azure followed them to it. Tavi stopped and bent over an exhausted Leaf, “My dear, I think you need to have a break and some water.” She told her smoothly. Leaf attempted to catch her breath enough to talk, she lay on her back with her arms and feet out wide, wearing similar baggy pants and a cropped T-shirt showing she had her chest wrapped. “I would... if I could... but I can’t.... move... need help.” She breathed out heavily. Tavi smiled and started to lift her up, “Come on Dear, you need a breather.”

Oakly and Kasey stood facing eachother about ten feet apart, both at the ready. Azure and Trax stood on the side lines, “This will be a test of hand to hand combat, use common sense you two, don’t over do it.” Trax reminded them. Azure raised his hand high, then brought it down in a chopping motion. Instantly the two brothers sped forward, their sudden speed impressed Trax right off the back. The two met with an exchange of fast jabs and blocks, using the His own fighting style. Trax watched in surprise, in a month with Azure teaching them, they were already close to, if not at His and Killjoys level. Azure could feel Trax’s gaze upon him, “They already knew most yours and Killjoys training, I just finished them off. Oakly is too overcautious at times, and Kasey tends to rush in without reading the enemy. Their still a ways away from Myself, but they are showing promise to surpass me.” He said without taking his eyes off the match.

Killjoy and Luna were back in the study. Books piled onto Luna's desk, she scanned through page upon page. "Ugh, who knew there were so many of you through time..." she said finally stopping "oh wow..." she spouted. Killjoy leaned forward in her chair "what...what is it?" She asked. Luna's eyes gazed at Killjoy "well...what I'm seeing here, the very first of your bloodline, was an alicorn...and a very powerful one at that...stronger than me and Celestia combined. Apparently this ancestor fought and defeated a great dark entity, but there isn't much on it, it seems time has made this whole event a foggy memory." She said showing an illustration of the dark being. "That was what I saw...but why am I seeing it, if the being is gone?" Killjoy asked. Luna looked back at the page "unfortunately...no, it doesn't explain anything as of why this being would be seen throughout your bloodline and only your bloodline. Maybe a curse before it died?" She asked no one in particular. Killjoy sighed "whatever it is...hopefully I can contain it somehow." She said putting her head on her hand. "Agreed...well, maybe Nightmare Moon will have something to help." Luna said closing the book. Killjoy grit her teeth "I still dont like it..." she said. Luna sighed "I know, but it's the only chance we got of turning this around." She explained "though right now, you should be trying to find someone or something to get that extra training you need." She said putting a book back into one of the shelves. Killjoy nodded "right." She got up out of her chair and walked out of the room. A few moment later, killjoy walked out into the training grounds and stood beside Trax "so what's the plan?"

Trax watched Oakly and Kasey spar as he thought, “First, we get ourselves up to their base level, easier said then done. Second, once we have the strength we need, we communicate with Nightmare Moon about these Traits. Lastly, we take the real fight against our adversaries. Also easier said then done. While we are training, Azure will be doing what he can to stall the enemy, and Princess Luna will be working towards contacting Nightmare Moon.” He explained as he scratched his chin, he kinda felt his pride be wounded by having to learn from a former student, but such concerns were not important now. Azure turned to them, “I will see what information I can gather from the Vampire Legion, anything we can use against them with Nightmare Moon.” He added in. Trax nodded in thanks, “Indeed, that may very well be there deciding factor in convincing her. Alright Azure, take the lead, I still have have some time to heal fully, but there must be something I can do in the mean time.” Azure nodded in response, “Yes, I have a few lessons to keep you busy. Master Killjoy, how are you doing, physically speaking?” He inquired from her, already sure of her answer.

Near the battlegrounds of the Southern border, A Company size element of Equestrian Flyers, flew in multiple V-shape ranks. They’re orders are to assist the frontlines with air support. However, when the location came into view, they saw only chaos. Their comrades mixed among the Batkin Legion soldiers, making it impossible for a successful raid. Their problems becoming worse, when a cloaked figure stood upon a nearby hill. The Flyer Commander drew his crossbow, “Ready yourselves!” 

The figure removed his cloak, revealing himself as a Batkin. This Magic user Batkin is Noctis Cloud, the 10th Seat of the Silent Fang. His hair was short and spiked at the front, his triangle forhead marking was pointing down, and his eyes glowed a deep blue. He grinned as he noticed he had caught their attention, “I believe there is a certain saying for this, What goes up, Must Come Down.” Noctis spread his arms out wide, his hands glowing with a dark blure aura. Without warning, an enormous magic circle appeared above the Flyers Company, and instantly the gravity beneath it increased dramatically. The screams and yells sounded for mere seconds before they were cut off violently, the ground below was littered with small impact craters. Bodies reduced to near mush. Noctis lowered his arms as he looked at his handy work, “I apologize Human Soldiers, but I have my orders as well.” Noctis turned around quickly, letting his cloak flap in the wind, heading back towards the main battle.

Killjoy glanced at Azure "how I feel is irrelevant...I can move, I can train, I can fight." She said putting a hand on her right shoulder as she rolled her arm, she smirked "plus I can't sit idle while a brat like you is ahead of me, no way no how. So dont get comfortable kid, I'll be putting you back on your @ss into the dirt like the good old days before you even know it. It's nothing personal but I got a score to settle."

Azure smiled politely, “Of course Master.” He glanced at Trax, “For the time being, at least today, rest. Tomorrow we can begin a few lessons.” Looking back to Killjoy as Oakly brought down Kasey, pulling his arms behind his back as he lay face down on the ground, “I have something special for you specifically.” He told her straight faced.

Celestia groaned as she read through the latest report, detailing the loss of the recent battle. Apollo, perched on her shoulder, read it along with her. “Ah, that would be the work of Noctis Cloud, a magic user who specializes in Gravity Magic, his Trait gives him a boost to his Magic. Numbers will not be very effective against him, but even without his magic, he is not to be underestimated.” He explained casually. Celestia sighed in sorrow, “I knew the Commander of that Flyer Company personally. With Azure training Warriors to combat the Silent Fang, I will need to secure the Frontlines for the time being. I cannot allow anymore losses like this, too much Equestrian blood is being spilled for me to just sit and read about it after.” She started to crumple the papers sides in mild anger, but released them quickly. Apollo hoped down onto the desk, “If that is the case, I would suggest using the time to restore your magic when you can, a lot of it was spent keeping the Colonel alive. I’m still waiting on my Son’s answer, though I would like for something to happen first, before I get his answer. In the meantime, I will stay here, and keep Luna company.” He said as he stretched out is back legs, “Undoubtedly, she gives really satisfying belly rubs.” He paused awkwardly and gave Celestia a narrowed glare, “You didn’t hear me say that.” He told her sternly. Celestia smiled innocently, “Of course, I didn’t hear a thing about belly rubs.” She chimed whimsically. 

Killjoy was puzzled by Azure, not even a competitive remark. She raised an eyebrow "uh...ok...and this special something would be...what exactly?" She asked scratching the back of her head.

Azure nodded for her to follow, and led her to a secluded area next a duffle bag, after reaching into it, he withdrew several dusty scrolls from its contents. “During my travels, I came across these, hidden away in an old tomb. Predating Nightmare Moon and going as far back as the Dark Wars, but there was a name etched into the stone on the walls inside. The same name etched in several different languages, and handwritings. Veil.” He spoke sternly and with an ominous tone, as he hand them to Killjoy, his sleeve rode up on his right arm. A viscous scar spread around his forearm, “I hope they will help with your training, it wasn’t exactly an easy task to obtain them. Besides, even I find it a bit awkward having to teach my old Master.” He added with a smile. 

Celestia stepped inside Luna’s study, Apollo at her heels, to which he jumped lightly up onto Luna’s desk. Glancing around at the clutter of books, “I take it this isn’t exactly light reading?” She asked rhetorically. “I’m off to the Frontlines, I wanted to check in with you and make sure you’ll be fine here. Apollo will be here also if you have any questions.” Apollo nodded in agreement, “I spent a great deal of time around her, considering my former position, all my knowledge is at your disposal.” He said with a slight bow.   

On the far Western frontlines, Black Star led few hundred Batkin Legionnaires to break down the built up defenses. Shade, Dark Shade, and Demi-Tyne were present as back-up, the ever present threat of either Celestia or Luna showing up kept the Batkin on their toes. The Equestrians had built up atop a 70 meter cliff, overlooking a rocky plain. Archers lined the top of the wooden walls, and behind them on the lower ground, were mages prepped for heavy artillery spells. The Commander of the Equestrians looked over the barricades as the enemy approached, “Release a volley once the are in range.” He ordered sternly, sweat beading down his face as he noticed a small group of the Batkin took up the rear. Everyone knew who they are. 

Black Star gave the order to halt, just outside the max effective range of the Equestrians arrows and spells. He peered at the cliff top with a slight smirk, “Pathetic, this will be too easy.” With his hands lighting up with a dark starry glow, he concentrated mana into a condensed ball, then smashed it between his hands. Black took a step forward and swiped his right hand around in front of him, casting a starry wave over the heads of his Legionnaires, speeding towards the cliffside and growing wider. 

The Equestrian Commander went wide eyed in shock, “Brace for impact!” He shouted at the top of his lungs, moments before the magic wave slammed into the cliff side, ten meters below the top. The wave had expanded the length of the wooden walls by the time it hit, destroying the earth below. The defenses were crumbled down within seconds, nearly two thirds of the walls fell and crashed down the side of the cliff. The Equestrian forces were scattered and put into disarray, the Commander had been buried along with a third of their army. The injured survivors at the bottom were helpless as the Legionnaires closed in quickly, the forces who had escaped the collapse attempted to provide support, but were forced to take cover as the Batkin Legionnaires fired their own long range right at them. Black Star chuckled in delight, laughing at how easy this was.

Without warning, a massive surge of magic pulsed over the battlefield, all four of the Silent Fang members paused in surprise. A torrent tidal wave of Fire, Water, Earth, and Wind, roared in from the west and swerved right in the Batkin Legionnaires. The few hundred Batkin were momentarily helpless as they were forced back their leaders, only a few were severely injured or killed by the attack. Black Star stood firm with narrowed eyes, Shade, Dark, and Demi walking up to flank his sides. As the elemental tidal wave dwelled down, four figures hovered down to stand in front the injured Equestrian Soldiers. 

The Man wearing a red and white battle toga stepped forward, the black steel plate pauldron on his right shoulder had a dragons crest painted in red. His medium length spiky pink hair waved in the breeze, his dark green eyes burned with challenge, a smirk grew across his face. “My name is Flint Dragneal, also known as The Dragon of the West, and you’re gonna soon find out why!” He spoke confidently and challengingly, pointed his fist out towards the four Batkin, flames covered the top of his fist. The only female, a reserved Woman with black hair tied back in a long ponytail, and grey eyes, wearing orange and tan robes. Her chest was wrapped over in white clothe, holding a bamboo staff at her side. “Jag, He’s doing it again.” She sighed defeatedly. The tall and muscular man beside her chuckled, “Indeed Ariel, you know how he gets in times like these, but it’s also when he is at his best.” Jag pointed out as he rolled his shoulders. Jag stood taller than the others, having broad shoulders and thick long hair braided back, his hardy brown eyes looked with a bold stare. He wore baggy olive green pants and only iron guard wrist cuffs. “What do you think My Friend?” Jag inquired as he glanced at their fourth member. @ApolloDelphi

“Hot-headed the second a challenge presents itself, are you really all that surprised?” Triton spoke as he walked up to join Flint by his side. His voice was serious and calculating, as if he were sizing up every opponent that stood before them. He wore black leather armor with an aqua blue trim. His black hair had a slight tint of blue. His eyes seemed to glow slightly with a deep sapphire blue. “Easy Flint, there was quite a bit of force in our combined attack, but those four... after the initial surprise they weren’t even staggered. In fact they were actually advancing with ease. This may require more effort than we’ve been accustomed to lately.” Triton spoke evenly as he unstrapped the trident on his back, flourishing before bringing it to his side. “Based on that attack by the one in front, I imagine that will be who you plan on going up against Flint?”

Flint nodded as he put on a grim look, lowering his arm slowly, “Each of you, be careful, this will be our greatest challenge yet.” He told them sternly, his bravado from just before seemed a thing of the past. Jag and Arial nodded in agreement, both sensing the change in their Leader, they can’t afford to underestimate their opponents. It’s All out from the get-go. “Now Jag!” Flint called out as he grasped his hands together above his head, Jag simultaneously moved his right foot forward, sending a fissure towards the Batkin. Flint slammed his fists into the earth, blasting a burning flame that followed along the fissure, igniting in a giant explosion. The sheer force of the attack caused the four Batkin to take caution and split up. The Four Elemental Mages split as well, each taking on a target. Arial faced Dark Shade as they hovered on wings made of swirling wind, Arials looked like a butterfly’s, while Dark Shade’s resembled a birds. Jag waved his hands around, forming hard rock around his body, making him look like a golem. Demi grinned in challenge, “This is gonna be entertaining.” He growled wildly. Flint stood far in the back, facing Black Star with a grim expression, knowing this was going to be a true battle for their lives. Yet the fire of Challenge still burned brighter than ever inside him. Shade waved his hand, casting off the explosive attack, and started walking forward towards Triton. He formed his magic scythe in his right hand, raising his left to cast a barrage of shadowy slices at Triton. “Show me what you can do, Human.” He spoke calmly as he challenged the trident weilding Elemental Mage.

Triton stepped forward as his comrades engaged the enemy, immediately lifting his free left hand sending ice shards to block the incoming projectiles. “Jag! It seems we’re missing a wall to cover our injured while they retreat.” he called out to his companion. Facing back towards Shade, Triton already knew he was fighting an opponent very similar to himself just by the way he presented himself. “I am Triton, Dragon of the North. You shall not harm another soul without going through me.” He said cooly. Knowing that he couldn’t wait around and let his opponent build up an attack Triton engaged, slowly advancing. Not wanting to showcase his true power just yet he settled on a combination with two of his light attacks knowing that they would only distract his opponent briefly. With every step taken, he would send out small 6 foot waves followed by a few ice shards aiming for the head and heart. Not wanting to get too close just yet Triton stopped after he closed the gap between the two slightly. He held out his trident horizontal at chest level defensively. His face was serious and his tone was cool “You don’t seem like you want to be here.” Triton said as if to challenge Shade. Triton was the most observant of the four always calculating and reading the enemy’s moves preparing for what comes next.

Jag backed up from Demi, and when the Batkin pressed his attack, Jag formed a massive rocky hammer that sent Demi crashing back. “On it!” Jag spun around a planted his feet spread apart, he made curt strong movements with his arms, forming a massive and thick stone wall behind them that covered the wreckage. The Equestrian Soldiers were already performing search and rescue while the Enemies attention was diverted. The Commander was being pulled from the dirt as the stone wall came up, his weak eyes seein the four saviors, “It’s them... The Cardinal Dragons.,.” He rasped weakly. The Cardinal Dragons, each earned a title from their distinguished service in the wars on each of Equestrias four borders. Flint Dragneal, The Dragon of the West. Triton, The Dragon of the South. Jagged Peak, The Dragon of the East. Arial Sky, The Dragon of the North. All four were powerful Magic users, each using one of the four elemental magic types. Being here now, meant they had returned from the scouraging Battles in the far west.

Shade raised an eye brow as stopped his own advance, now they stood a mere twenty feet apart, canceling each others magical volley of attacks. This one intrigued him further than he had guessed, “You have a keen eye, but this talk will not save you, or your comrades.” He told him calmly.

Jag turned back to face his opponent, barely blocking the punch from Demi that broke his rocky armor on his arms. Sliding back, he reformed rock back on his arms, “You like to use your fists huh? Well so Do I!” Jag rushed Demi with a barrage of heavy hits, to which Demi blocked against as he let himself be pushed back.

Arial flew around in the sky above, deflecting Dark Shades dark wind slices as he chased her. Arial slowed to a halt and turned around, unleashing a powerful gust of wind. Dark braced himself against it, using his dark wind wings to wrap around himself and shelter from its slicing effects.

In the far back, an explosion of red flames erupted like an engulfing storm. The ground was charred and burnt, as Flint stood firm, his hands lit up with a fiery red aura. Black Star stood simply with his hands behind his back, a small circle of untouched ground below his feet, “You’re a lot stronger than your weakling comrade soldiers, but even compared to me, You’re still a bug to be squashed under foot.” He yawned arrogantly. Flint felt a slight pang of anger rise in him, but he kept a stern smirk, “You know, I would’ve let that go if you had said Lizard instead. So now I’m just gonna burn you away to Ashes.” Flint reared back his head, sucking in air, then placed his hands together as he went to blow through them. Flint blew a massive breath of fire blasted towards Black Star, who stood still as his starry barrier held easily against it. Black Star began to yawn again, “Pathetic Bug-“ Suddenly Flint appeared before him, slamming a fiery fist into the barrier, cracking it. Black Star chocked a little as he moved his hands to reinforce his shield, but Flint increased his magic just before, smashing through the shield and aiming straight for Black Stars gut. However, the small victory was short lived as Black Star caught his fist with ease, then gut punched Flint without warning, “It was a nice effort, but in complete vain....” He paused he saw Flint smile up at him, expecting to see horror, instead of a fiery glare. Black Star jumped back before Flint’s body expelled a burning flame, Flint himself stood up straight and brushed away blood from his mouth, “Oh yeah, now I’m really Fired up!” Flint cast out several flaming meteors to which Black Star responded with his own star magic attacks.

As Shade and Triton battled, their minds were also set on watching their own comrades, but this also presented opportunity. Simultaneously, a shadowy spike sliced up from the ground beside Triton’s left side, an icy lance speared from below Shade’s left side. Both Men stepped back, moving their heads to the side, the attacks just grazing their cheeks. Shade gripped his scythe tightly, now he saw this battle clearly, almost like he fighting himself. “Alright, you have my undivided attention, Triton.” Suddenly Shade teleported behind Triton, swinging his scythe around  and slicing towards the Water Mage. “I am Shade Locke, the 6th Seat of the Silent Fang, The Silver Wraith.”

Killjoy looked over Azure's scar "that's quite the badge there...wonder what was guarding my ancestors' history to give you so much trouble." She said taking the scrolls, she looked over the seals and recognized the symbol of her ancestor a thousand years ago. She quickly broke the seal as the scroll unrolled itself nearly touching the floor below. Killjoy's eyes widen "oh wow...it even details her training records, these routines make my training exercises look like child's play. Well...this would definitely be the boost im looking for." She as she grazed over the other scrolls "well looks like I got a very long road ahead of me, might as well research these all today and get this started tomorrow." 

((Should Maelstrom get in on this, it would give me a chance for him to get some action and give an idea on his power.))

Azure dipped his head in a curt bow, “I am glad I could provide you this help, I look forward to the day when you surpass me.” He told her with a smile, then turned around to bark orders for Oakly and Kasey to begin a workout routine. Trax stood back as watched Azure, the resemblance to how Killjoy trains was a little uncanny. Trax took his leave with Tavi on his arm, leaving Leaf to rest int the shade of a tree.

((Don’t forget to have Luna respond to Celestia and Apollo in her study.))

Luna glanced up to Celestia "well there is a lot to read, but yet has given so little answers." She said with a sigh before closing the book in front of her. "Though do be the utmost careful when on the front lines, it goes without say that anything can happen." She looked at Apollo "as for the...cat, I suppose I have a few questions that YOU may be able to answer that history couldn't."

Celestia nodded in agreement and rubbed a hand on Apollo’s head, “Indeed, with Apollo’s knowledge on their tactics and members, I can stop their advance.” She told her sister encouragingly. 

Luna smiled "let us hope, we do need an advantage in this war, if not might, then let it be wits that turns the tide. Though shouldn't I go with you? It would be safer that way." She said as she levitated the books and stacked them in the nearby corner.

“Celestia has ample backup that is already engaged with the enemy, she will not need your assistance. Besides, we have a lot of work that needs to get done to get in touch with your darker side. This war will mean nothing unless we are able to accomplish this.” Apollo spoke seriously. He wandered over to the edge of the desk and batted a trinket off watching it until it hit the floor before realizing what just happened. “Countless years in this body, you’d think I’d have more control over these cursed instincts.” He said with an embarrassed look. “We will be fine here Celestia, your forces need you. Luna let’s get to business. What questions can I answer?”

Shades speed was quick but Triton was able to spin around and deflect the attack catching the scythe in the tines of the trident he weilded, spinning around to land a kick square in shades chest knocking him off balance for only a split second. Triton was having a challenging time in this battle. To the outside eye it may look that both combatants are equals in every way, but Triton knew he was working a little bit harder with everything he did and would eventually tire before Shade. The two launched themselves at each other. All that could be seen was a flurry of the two skilled combatants, each taking a turn to press the attack and then returning to defense. Both weapons were being used as if they were an extension of those using them.  Triton could only focus on the battle in front of him only occasionally catching glimpses of Arial when she was in his direct line of sight. He started to notice small openings where he could land an attack, the only issue was that it would leave himself exposed and he knew his opponent was too smart to miss that opportunity. Knowing that it was his only chance to injure Shade, he waited for the moment. Shade jabbed with his scythe, Triton spun out of the way returning with a jab of his own spearing shade in the thigh. Immediately the flash of pain spread through his left side. Simultaneously as he landed his attack shade had recovered slicing a gash in Tritons left shoulder. His armor had saved him from and major damage but he couldn’t take a chance like that again. “It’s not often I meet a mage with close combat abilities that match my own. I respect your battle prowess, it really is too bad circumstances aren’t different. It’s too bad only one of us will walk from this battle.” Triton said to Shade intensely. Adrenaline was coursing through Triton like roaring rapids.

Celestia shook her head at Apollo, finding great amusement in his feline instincts, “I believe the time spent in that body has made it impossible to resist such urges. I’ll leave you two to it, I must make sure our Forces will live to see the eventual end of this war.” Celestia stepped back, using the golden sunny aura around her hands to cast a long range teleportation spell. “I wish you both the best of Luck.” She blew a kiss to them both before flashing away.

Shade stepped back, twirling his scythe around his neck before resting it at his side, “My feelings are mutual, I did not think Equestria had such powerful mortal mages on hand.” He told him evenly as he smeared blood off his scythe and licked it from his thumb, the wound on his thigh becoming a thing of the past, steam rose up as it appeared to have never happened. This Water Mage was skilled, both magically and with his weapon. His physical strength is below that of Trax and Killjoy, but his magic prowess put him above any others they have faced. Shade glanced around at his compatriots, seeing they were learning a similar fact. Shade readied his scythe again, increasing his power exponentially, taking these four out now would save them the trouble in the future.

Jag waved his left hand around, sending a rush of rocky earth at Demi, to which the Batkin punched his way through with mild ease. Jag took a step back and reinforced his rocky armor, move his right around to change the solidarity of the ground below. Demi felt himself by sucked into the pitfall of sand, “Not so fast Mountain Man.” He grinned wildly as he punched the sand below him, but stopping just before. The force of pressure surged the sand outwards, dispelling the attack and blinding Jag as he attempted to bend the sand around him. Demi sped in quick, landing a volley of rapid fire punches on Jag, shattering his rock armor piece by piece. 

Arial back away from Dark Shade as she sent a few air cutters his way, her attention was drawn when she noticed Triton take a hit to the shoulder. “Triton!” In her brief distraction, Dark Shade clipped her wind wings with his dark wind slicers, then air blasted her down against the defensive rock wall. Arial coughed and groaned in pain as she sat up, her eyes grew wide in panic as Dark Shade closed in with a dark wind lance spearing towards her.

Flint glanced back for a split second and jumped away from Black Star, pivoting on his left foot, he swung around with a fire kick. Launching a long range firey blast that curved around and slammed into Demi, seconds before he was about unleash his devastating Trait on a de-armored Jag. Demi felt the force and heat of the fire as he was knocked away, and sent crashing across the ground. Flint maneuvered his fire back around and formed a shield like barrier as Black Star blasted him with a starry strike. Flint flew back and skidded to a halt close to Jag, his arms appearing to be scratched up, “That was too close for comfort.” He growled angrily. Jag nodded in agreement as he weakly stood back, “Aye, their just as powerful as they’ve rumored.” He replied sturdily, thanking Flint internally for the save.

Luna sighed "everyone needs help these days, even us." She said to herself quietly before glancing at apollo "well, if what you say is true." She picked up the pendant from the floor "then would you possibly know or know something about bringing Nightmare out without summoning her fully?" She set the pendant down on the desk "not only that but be able to help if she even wants to?"