(Private) Return of the Vampire Legion: Past Transgressions

A cold chill passed through Triton’s body as he saw Arial falling with the batkin closing in with a killing blow. He had to act fast. Raising his left hand in the air a thick mist started covering the small area where shade and him were fighting. Simultaneously, invisible to the eye, a thin layer of water started covering the entirety of his trident. Triton slammed his hand on the ground causing all the mist to rush toward shade freezing him solid. He then planted his feet raising both hands in the air and then bringing them down to face shade he summoned a wave that started freezing, turning into an avalanche of water and ice as it traveled toward Shade. Knowing this would only stall him Triton turned to launched himself with a jet of water towards Arial, trident aimed directly towards the batkin about to finish his comrade off. Triton lunged in directly for the gut, Dark Shade however was quick to pick up on what was happening and was able to get just out of reach. Just then, all the water coating the trident rushed to the tip and created an ice spike that cut a gash in the batkin’s side. With a back flip landed in front of Arial defensively. “You can’t let yourself get distracted so easily against these opponents Arial.” His tone was stern but at the same time there was a caring hint to it. “I need you to be able to fight, are you ready?” Triton spoke, his sapphire eyes glowing a piercing blue.

• Replies 336
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Shade merely waved his hand, casting a shadowy pulse, disrupting the ice and watery wave, cause it to flow around him. Dark Shade slid back, putting a hand on his wound as it began to simmer from the healing effect, “That was a little unexpected, but it won’t happen again. Besides, it was kinda in vain anyhow.” He said crossly as he hovered back. Arial grew red with embarrassment as she starred at Triton with eyes of wonder, “O-of C-course... and Yes I can-“ She flinched as she felt her back spike with pain. Just then, Flint and Jag slid in next to them, Jag immediately bending down to assist Arial. Flint stood with Triton as they faced the four gathering Batkin, his grim expression saying all that needed to be said. Black Star and Shade stood beside and each other, each raising a hand and pooling their magic together. Flint felt a bead of sweat slide down his cheek, “I have bad feeling about this. Don’t hold back Triton, put everything you have into this.” He said sternly. The two mages bent their knees slightly, Flint put his left hand back while Triton out his right hand back, together they concentrated all their magic into a condensed red and blue swirling orb. Shade and Black Star fired their combined magic, blasting a shadowy black star at the four mages, the attack threatening them and the forces behind. Flint grit his teeth, “FOR EQUESTRIA!” He roared as he and Triton threw their hands forward so that they stood back to back, their arms outstretched infront of them. The Elements of Fire and Water mixed together, forming a massive round shield before them. The elements separated into halves, the shield taking the shape of the Yin and Yang symbol. The Shadowy Black Star slammed into the shield, forcing it backwards until it burst into a dark firey explosion. Flint and Triton held their ground with every fiber of their being, putting all of their mana into this defensive, knowing the stakes they faced. Slowly they were pushed back, their feet sliding on the ground, their arms began to turn purple from the surge of magic they forced through them. Triton’s right sleeve ripped off, while Flint received a few slits in his left arm. Suddenly the force stopped, and the shield dropped, Flint and Triton fell weakly to their knees, breathing heavily. The ground aroud them was blackened with magic burns, but they were alive and so were the forces behind them. Black Star noted with a nod, “I have to admit, I didn’t think they could stop us at only half our power. They probably put everything they had into that last bit, but it was not enough.” He admitted simply as he held up his hand again, pointing a finger directly at Flint and fired a single black beam. Instantly it was stopped just inches before Flints face, a golden barrier shined before the injured group, “Rest easy my children, you have done well and showed much strength, your resolve will not go to waste.” Celestia spoke as she hovered above them, her magnificent angelic double wings spread out from her back, her whole body shined like the very sun itself. The four batkin immediately took a few steps back, their instincts on high alert as they went into full fighting drive. This was an Enemy they will not go against at half their power. Shade released his black magic right off the back, forming purple and green fire from his eyes and hands. Black Star cloaked himself in a black starry magic robe, while Dark Shade formed dark wind orbs in his hands, Demi locked his gauntlets forward in shield-like formations. Flint looked up at Celestia with amazement, “You’re Grace,... thank you.” He whispered with a slight smile, his teammates would be okay.

"Everyone's effort is all a waste, your race will die and make way for the strong to rule this earth." Maelstrom appeared in front of his Silent Fang "you know as much as I do that your...dragons...were nothing but mere play toys to true predators, and for you Sun Princess, you will find that your kind is becoming obsolete,  your magic grows weak along with your sister. Suddenly an overwhelming black aura surrounded his body, the ground cracked and buckled under his sheer presence. "We can end it right here...right now if you so wish Sun Princess...why wait?" He said 8n a calm and collective manner, but the challenge in his voice could not be any more clear.

Apollo pawed at the pendant, his eyes forming into slits as he examined it with such rigor, “Even after so much time, I can still feel her presence from this pendant.” He ran a single claw over the jewel which acted as the cursed eye of Nightmare Moon, “This was made through her own magic, she wore it constantly when she was recovering from giving us our Traits...” Suddenly the pendant glowed a venomous green, Apollo’s eyes went wide as he felt himself drawn back to Nightmare Moons control, but the trick on the pendant was in vain. The small beginnings of a white heated aura radiated off Apollo’s rising fur, instantly the venomous green glow of the pendant dimmed away, “You have no domain over me anymore.” His hissed challengingly. Apollo licked his paw simply and washed his neck fur back, “My my, that was unexpected, although this is good news. Since this item retains a little of her essence, we can use this as a conduit.” He explained casually, “However, I do agree with you, getting her to help will an entirely different matter indeed. This is going to be tedious. You are going to have to use your magic to bring out Nightmare moon from inside you, all the while fighting to keep control. You shall not be alone though. The Cardinal Dragons have returned and will be surrounding you keeping nightmare moon suppressed until we can negotiate and come to a compromise. We will also need all the other mages present as a last resort to maintain a barrier to keep her in.” Apollo leapt onto a pile of books narrowing his eyes level with Luna “This will not be easy, but it’s the only way to save Equestria from total annihilation.”

With Celestia’s arrival, Triton allowed himself to give in to the fatigue of using all his mana. He dropped to his knee using his Trident for support. “Flint, you and I are only in the way after that defense.” Triton turned to face the princess. “I will fall back and help strategize the retreat, thank you Princess.”

Celestia kept a cold glare on Maelstrom as she waved to them, “Go, I will be along shortly.” She told them sternly. Flint nodded to Jag, who handed Arial off to Triton, “Hold tight.” Jag lit up his hands and moved the ground beneath heir feet, creating a rocky platform for them, then he moved them back and away from the battlefield. Jag raised his hand up quickly, using an earthen pillar to shoot them up and over the cliff, landed before the retreating Equestrian forces. Medics came to them immediately, assisting them as needed. Arial was loaded onto a stretcher, while Flint had his arms around two soldiers as they helped him along. Jag stayed with Triton, “I’m still pretty good, I’ll stay with ya while you organize all this.” 

Celestia raised a single finger above, summoning forth a small sun, the hear instantly being felt. The ground started to sizzle and steam, Demi and Dark reeled back in shock, while Black Star and Shade used their magic to brace it. Celestia met Maelstroms eyes, feeling that challenging presence, so similar to Apollo’s. She wondered if this was how all the Silent Fang Leaders were, having such a strong and challenging air to them. “You’re blind arrogance will be your undoing, Maelstrom. We defeated you once before, and we will do it again, because We have something worth Defending.” She snapped her fingers, dispelling the small sun, “As much as I would enjoy turning you to ash, I am only here to ensure my People withdraw safely. No more, No less.” She told him sternly. Her Magic sense could see Maelstroms power, the two behind him weren’t that far behind either, but Her own still surpassed them. For now.

Maelstra put his hand up and signaled to the silent fang members to retreat, but stil keeping his gaze on Celestia "you all go on back to the Castle. We are done here, I'll follow shortly. His eyes narrowed at Celestia "Careful not to be to quick to underestimate Sun Princess, my magic may not be as strong as yours, but i make up for it in...other attributes, and you will find that out soon enough. So dont work too hard Sun Princess...I dont want a single sign of stress on that pretty face of yours when I mount your on the wall in my throne room, same for your sister..." he said opening a portal behind him and the Silent Fang. The silent fang quickly retreated into the portal followed by Maelstrom "until next time..." Maelstrom said before the portal closed 

Luna sighed "well of course it wont be easy, we are talking about bringing Nightmare Moon back to help the very ones who banished her and betraying her "children"...and we dont even know if we have the power available to even keep her under control and if we don't, well you could say the Batkin now have the key to world domination....but no pressure right?" She rubbed her temples "so excuse me if I seem a little stressed over the matter, I know it's got to be done and I'm willing to go through with it...I worry more about everyone and...Red...than about myself."

The few hundred Batkin Soldiers retreated back towards their encampment back south. Celestia’s fists tightened, destroying them would be unbecoming of her, and she would not stoop to their level again. Knowing Maelstrom would no doubt be their final battle before ending this cursed war, they needed those Traits. Then a thought occurred, Maelstrom didn’t say anything about Nightmare Moon, isn’t that their entire goal?

Meeting back with her forces, Celestia waved for the Cardinal Dragons to meet with her, “Thank you for being able to make it in time, you’ve saved them from a horrible end. I would have the four of you to head to Canterlot, meet up with Azure Blade, He will explain everything.” She told them evenly. Flint nodded as he steadied himself against Jag, nearly jumping with excitement at finally meeting Azure Blade himself. “Grab a cart and some horses, rest easy on the trip back.” Celestia dipped her head and headed over to speak with some of the higher ranking soldiers of the Company stationed here. 

Flint sighed, “Alright, lets get a move on, can’t waste any more time.” He told his comrades before passing out as Jag caught him, “I was wondering when he was gonna do that, he was already looking half dead.” Jag joked as he slung Flint over his shoulder, “Lets hit the road.”

After a two day trip, Flint and others reached Canterlot, pulling up to the main gates of the Castle. There atop the large staircase to the main door, stood Azure Blade, wearing dark blue leather armor and a blue lined black cloak over his left arm. As the four approached him, Azure dipped his head, “Welcome, I am Azure Blade, but you all can call me Sensei.” He told them cooly. Flint nodded then put on a weird face, “Wait what?” Azure smiled, “Come, the others are waiting in Luna’s study, all will be explained then.” He turned as the doors opended, Jag and Arial followed in, Flint  and Triton bringing up the rear. “Something tells me there is a bigger piece at work.” He said curiously as they followed Azure down the halls of Canterlot Castle.

In Luna’s study, Trax, Oakly, and Kasey, all stared at the black cat sitting perfectly on Luna’s desk. Kasey leaned towards Oakly, “I feel like he can understand us talking.” He whispered awkwardly. Trax took his eyes off the cat for now, and noticed Killjoy and Luna standing closer together, ‘Finally’ He thought to himself with slight smirk.

Killjoy looked around at those who gathered around in the study, her eyes rested upon the black cat sitting on Luna's desk "ok so I guess I'll be the only one to ask, since when did we get a cat...and why are we all here?" She said rested her left hand on her hip and her right on the hilt of her Katana. Luna glanced at Killjoy "patience Red, I'm sure all the answers you seek will be answered shortly." She said softly. Killjoy rubbed the back of her head "well...ok...by who?"

Maelstrom sat down on his throne "well done my brothers, you all did fine work today, I do believe you have all earned a fine night of feasting. I have had some of our workers bring back some prime cattle. Only the best for those most loyal to the cause."

The study doors opened with Azure walking in, followed by four others, a young woman and three young men. The Woman was the shortest with long black hair and grey eyes, wearing orange and tan robes with her chest wrapped over. The tall and muscular man with long braided dark brown hair, his dark brown eyes had a hardy look in them, wearing baggy pants tucked into his boots and a tight tan shirt. The other two men were of similar height. The pink haired man had dark green eyes, wearing red and black lined robes with a leather pauldron on his right shoulder. The other had stunning sapphire blue eyes, black hair with a blue tint, and wore black leather armor with a blue trim. All four had the colored triangular marking on their foreheads, which marked them as magic users. Trax raised an eyebrow in interest, The Cardinal Dragons, some the strongest magic users in the kingdom. Each earned their title for their service in settling the border wars in the last 7 years, which means the skirmishes in the West finally settled. Trax let his piercing blue eyes pause on a familiar face, upon making eye contact, he gave black haired man a nod of acknowledgement. Oakly and Kasey stared up at the large man as he stood with his massive arms folded, while the pink haired man walked right up to the black cat and stared at him curiously, “You... there’s something about you that doesn’t seem right...” he said suspiciously. Azure smiled casually, guessing he could probably sense the Trait within Apollo, since it was created by magic. Azure went to stand behind the desk, “I believe introductions are in order. To my left, Princess Luna, and Captain Killjoy. To my right, Colonel Nameless Trax, and his sons, Oakly and Kasey. The four in the middle, are the Cardinal Dragons, Arial Sky the Dragon of the North,” He began as he motioned to Arial, who gave a bow. “Jagged Peak the Dragon of the East,” motioning to the large man who nodded his head, “Please call me Jag.” He replied hardily. “Triton the Dragon of the South,” Azure continued as he motioned to the black leather armored man with a trident strapped on his back. “With their leader, Flint Dragneal the Dragon of the West.” At this, Flint bent at the waist so he was eye level with the cat. Azure then motioned to the black cat, “Everyone, this Apollo, the First and Former Leader of the Silent Fang.” The room went silent, as shock hit the face of everyone in the room except for Azure and Luna. Flint looked into the amthyest colored eyes of Apollo and could sense every fiber of his being warning him of this cat, then Flint patted his head with a hardy laugh, “This little guy? He’s so adorable, why I bet he is all snuggles!” 

A look of sincerity passed over Apollo’s face. He slowly raised his paw and then brought it down with blinding speed. In an instant, Flint was on the ground face first. Apollo sat there licking his paw. “I have been called many things in my life and adorable is not one of the ones I tolerate. I suggest you take me seriously from here on out.” Turning to the rest of the members in the room Apollo gave a slight nod to those still standing before hopping up onto Azure’s shoulder.

Triton shook his head as he helped Flint to his feet. “Come on oh fearless leader, come stand by me before we lose all credibility with all the most elite members In Equestria.” 

Flint groaned as he rubbed his head, standing next to Triton he shaped up a bit, his instincts getting him to the task at hand. Azure folded his arms, “Apollo is set upon his own task, He is only here to provide us with information, no more no less. The reason you have all been called here, is because we lack individuals with the strength and power to combat the Vampire Legions Silent Fang. Even I can only do so much against even their lowest ranking members, their strongest would no doubt kill me indefinitely. For the next year, I will be training all of you to push past your limits, and stand equal to the Silent Fang. The rest will be up to you. However, the next task after will be an entirely different matter. When the Silent Fang were created by Nightmare Moon, she gave each of them a unique ability called a Trait. This Trait gave them a power up, be it Physical or Magical. Even without their Trait, they are not to be underestimated by any means. During this next year, we will be devising a plan to communicate with Nightmare Moon herself, to see about giving us Traits as well. With these Traits, and out Training, we will systematically destroy the Silent Fang, and force the Vampire Legion to submit defeat once and for all.” He explained with a final look over the group, “Yes it will be dangerous, and no doubt this Trait will have a costly sacrifice, but without it we are hopelessly outmatched. If you do not wish to take part in receiving a Trait, you do not have to. The training will get you far, but the Trait will increase our chances of Victory tenfold.” He added in to them, insuring them this isn’t forced by any means. Trax was the first to speak, “From what I have been told, we have all faced this threat head on, and have seen first hand how weak we all are in comparison. I will do this Training, and accept this Trait, nothing about War is easy. I trained Triton myself in military strategy many years ago, I know He and I can devise a few winning plans.” He said confidently with an acknowledging nod to Triton. Oakly shrugged, “Should we be able to gain Nightmare Moons Trait, I will accept, I will protect my Family and Country at all costs.” Kasey chuckled, “Agreed, plus we’re young and a little impulsive, Let’s do this! We’re basically getting Super Powers!” He said enthusiastically. Flint stepped forward after exchanging nods from his group, “The Cardinal Dragons always rise to the challenge, we accept the risks, and will accept.” He announced boldly, unlike his first comment to Apollo, this was Flints serious side. “I admit I do not like the idea, but I am honored to fight on behalf of Equestria, and protect it’s Citizens from destruction.” Arial said calmly with a slight bow. Jag sighed, “I am with Arial, however we cannot allow harm to come to the Citizens we are charged with protecting, a strong Will will always triumph.” He explained sternly but with a hardy smile as he finished. Azure nodded to them all with deep respect, the choice is not an easy one to make, as is with most things these days.

Killjoy chuckled "well what's the fun in anything without a little risk right? Well my reasoning for getting a trait isn't for that honor and glory." She smirked "My whole reasoning Is that I merely have a score to settle, no more, no less.  I will not rest that Bi-" Luna quickly covered Killjoy's mouth as her yelling was muffled, but was obvious that great profanities were being spouted as her hands waved around violently along with her foot stomping several times. Luna smiled nervously "please excuse her, the term filter isn't quite in her vocabulary just yet, once shes got something on her mind, it becomes vocal and there is just no way of preventing it." She letting out a nervous laugh.

‘Is there really no other way’ Triton thought to himself as his mind rapidly played out scenarios and battle strategies. Every plan he could think of ended in the same result. There was no way to be rid of all the silent fang using any other method, maybe some of the lesser members but never all of them. Triton looked up straight at Trax. ‘Even Colonel Trax my former mentor is ready and willing to accept this trait, there really must be no other way.’ Deep in thought and struggling with the fact that this is a situation where even his mind could not find a way out. “It seems this is the only way, I will accept the trait and do everything in my power to make sure we prevail.” Triton stated sincerely, his blue eyes burning intensely. 

Trax watched Triton as he was deep in thought, ‘He was analyzing the situation, sorting through scenarios and paths they could take, but no matter what they would be lead back to this moment. Triton, you have grown so much, and I consider you my equal in strategic planning, but this is our only way now. Even with Azure, defeating them one by one would only get us so far, and from we’ve seen it won’t be nearly enough’ Trax thought to himself as he focused his attention to Azure. “Thank you all, your words carry more than you know. Now for the next part of this meeting, I will hand things off to Apollo. He will explain a little about our greatest threats from the Silent Fang, take note of each of them, for they are not to be taken lightly by any means. Besides the Princesses and Apollo, I am the strongest in this Country as of now,” Azure’s face grew dark as his tone became grim, “And I would not dare face any of the Silent again without Back Up, let alone the Six Apollo will name off.” The room grew quiet, Trax felt his chest wound itch a little, knowing this was all too true. Oakly tightened his fists as he remembered the one named Ceasar tear apart his squad like childs play. Kasey stifled a shiver as he recalled the weight of being surrounded by the strongest of the Batkin, their presence made even Azure’s feel like a twig in comparison. Flint remembered facing the four Batkin, the heat from their magic power alone, made him feel like a candle to a Raging forest fire. Jag rubbed his fists together, just hitting one of them probably hurt himself more than hurting them, these Batking are truly Monsterous beings. Arial glanced at Triton, she had to be saved him because she let her guard down in being worried, but even then it wouldn’t have made a difference. The Cardinal Dragons knew they were alive now, because they got lucky. Just one of those four could have killed them single handly without mercy. Flint let his fists light up a little with small flames, “I hate being toyed with.” He whispered angrily under his breath, his dark green eyes rested on Apollo, burning with a fire for payback.

In the skies above the south eastern mountains, a Company of Equestrain Flyers made their way between the peaks, preparing to ambush a small force of Vampire Legionnaires. Suddenly they came to a halt as a figure was spotted atop a peak directly in front of their formation. Clapping noises echoed around them, “Well done, I must say this straight out of our own playbook. Now because I’m feeling generous, I’ll give you a choice to make.” Ceasar Valentine switched from his usual sly grin to a serious glare, “Life, or Death?” A ripple of unease swept through the Company, but no one moved except to draw weapons. Ceasar rolled his shoulders and placed a hand on his sabre’s scabbard, “An admirable choice, but not the safest one.” In a flash, Ceasar’s sabre flew out from it’s scabbard, hitting the point man in the face, denting in his helmet. Ceasar was instantly right there with his dark crimson red aura wings, resembling a bats. He took hold of his sabre mid air and slashed open two of the closest Soldiers within seconds. His eyes flashed red as he licked the blood from his blade, “I won’t be using my Trait for this, so do your best alright.” Ceasar charged the Company head on, bodies dropping like flies upon the mountain peaks below. 

Apoll sat up as he looked around the room feeling the intensity radiating from every member in the room. “Now then, pay attention everyone. I am about to go through the top 6 of the silent fang but I have also recently discovered the identity of the current 7th seat. He is worth mentioning as well so we will start there. The former 19th seat but now The 7th to the Silent Fang is held by Fear. Now I’m sure none of you have had run-ins in the past or have even seen him. This is simply because he cannot be seen unless it is of his choosing. Fear mainly does reconissaince due to him being able to go unseen. However, he is deadly in battle as well. He specializes in using the shadows to paralyze his opponents and can even solidify his shadows into tendrils that will run you through. His trait ‘Melting Shadow’ allows him to become the shadows himself and greatly increases his range. It will take a cunning opponent to defeat him and it is imperative to watch for the shadows the entire fight.” Apollo’s eyes flickered towards Trax and Triton with his last line spoken. 

“Formerly the 10th seat and now 6th seat is Shade Locke, He has been very active in this war and many of you have had run ins with him already. Shade may as well be one of the most underrated of the Silent Fang as he masks his power to stay out of the spotlight often. Shade Locke is extremely proficient in shadow, lightning, and necromancy magic. Most importantly is that he is also one of, if not the best at black magic in the silent fang. It is difficult to gauge because he rarely resorts to it. He is often seen using conjured scythes as a weapon and is extremely cunning and methodical in everything he does. His trait is ‘Over Shadow’ which allows him increase his power relative to the number of shadows around him. Needless to say its important to keep Fear and Shade separated in any battle.”

A look of annoyance passed over Apollo’s face as he began to think about the next member on the list. With a sigh he began to speak. Next is the leader’s lapdog Black Star. The former 11th seat, now the 5th is a very strong user of star magic. There is a possibility that he has also learned black magic. He is a firm follower of the Silent Fang leader and is arrogant and merciless. His trait is ‘Starry Night’ which significantly boosts his power under a clear night sky.”

”Now is where things get even more serious.” Apollo stated, his expression dark and bearing down on everyone in the room.

”The former 6th but now 4th seat is Ceasar Valentine. He comes across cocky and arrogant but can back it up in every way. He and his sister were made to be at the top and are some of the most formidable of all the Silent Fang. They choose to feed on only other batkin which gives them a bloodthirsty ferocity. Ceasar himself is a flyer and extremely strong and fast. He often uses a Sabre type sword and his trait is ‘Greed’ which allows him to steal the strength of all those around him at a 30 Meter distance. Watch out because he can direct it at whoever he chooses even though most of the time it is random.”

Apollo’s expression seemed to flash that of sorrow before he began on the next member.

“Shadowed Heart, formerly the 36th now the 3rd seat. A flyer, fast and strong, cunning and skillful, expert swordsman, just a true warrior. His strength lies in his rise to power, proving himself again and again until being recognized by the other members. The reason he is strong is all on his own accord. His trait ‘Dark Drive’ allows his physical prowess to grow exponentially by giving himself over to the darkness in his heart. Emotions like hate and anger. He will surprise you, count on it.”

”Next is the latter of the Valentine twins Ally. The former 5th now 2nd seat. I’ve always had trouble reading her but one thing I know is she tends to have an obsessive personality.” Apollo’s eyes flickered toward Killjoy. “Fast and strong, sadistic and overwhelming, wielding reinforced gauntlets, she is never outmatched. Her trait makes her even more dangerous. ‘Riser’ means that the stronger her opponent is in battle, the stronger she becomes... good luck.”

Apollo looked down, the hairs on his back began to stand up. A white glow barely radiated from his fur. “Now listen here.” He spoke with a tone so heavy and powerful the air in the room began to feel heavy. “The leader of the Silent Fang was the 4th seat during my reign and is the most dangerous foe you will ever face. He is calm, reserved, and overbearing. He uses a combination of magic and melee. His magic is not to be underestimated, however it is his physical prowess where he truly prevails. He mainly uses armored fists but also has a great sword he controls with magic. His trait is ‘fortitude’ which allows him to increase his physical strength and fortitude by an exorbitant amount. I must be honest with you, I had to keep an eye on his power when I was the Leader. He had some of the greatest potential the entire Silent Fang had to offer. I have never seen his full prowess and I fear what he has accomplished over all these years. No doubt he is truly terrifying and stronger than any of you can imagine. Ideally I would be the one to challenge him but that could never work in this form, honestly if I got my body back today I don’t know how well I’d fare. It must be you all. He will test you all.... even the Princesses.” Apollo blinked a few times as his composure returned to normal. Licking his paw a couple times he addressed the members once again. “Now all that’s left is for all of you to achieve the impossible.”

Azure clapped his hands together, shaking everyone out of their thoughts from Apollo’s description of who they are up against, “We have a lot of progress to make, and very little time. What I am about to teach you all, took me 3 years to learn. My job is to make you lot break that record. I will put you through training designed to break you’re limits, and push you even further. It is said that the Human brain only uses 25% of its full capacity, I will give you the knowledge to supass this, and you will begin to unlock physical and mental strength like you have never felt before. Our rest days will still feel like your normal routine, so prepare yourselves now.” He glanced at Trax, “I will meet you and the boys on the training grounds.” Trax nodded his response and started out, passing by Triton he placed a hand on his shoulder, “Tis good to see you again, as equals of our craft.” He told him respectfully before leaving with Oakly and Kasey. Azure looked at Flint, seeing that fire of pure Will in his eyes, “Flint, Triton, Arial, and Jag, follow me. In addition to my physical training, you all will also be increasing your magical skills as well.” He pasued to face Killjoy and dipped his head, “My best of luck to you Sensei, and to you as well Princess Luna.” He bowed at the waist to the Princess, then led the Cardinal Dragons out of the study. He kept his pace even, so not shake Apollo, who was still upon his shoulder. Not that the former Batkin could easily balance himself anyhow. “I take it you all know of Star Swirl The Bearded, correct?” Azure asked out loud as they proceeded down the castle hallway. Arial responded first, “He was a founding member of the nation of Equestria, and one of the Greatest Magic Users in History, He even taught the Princesses at one point.” She replied enthusiastically, proud of herself for knowing the answer. Azure smiled, “Indeed, He was a talented and powerful Magic User, he performed spells thought to be impossible. He and Apollo here have quite the history, they were good friends.” He chuckled innocently as he scratched the black cats chin. Flint immediately backed up and started walking behind Triton, “I know I didn’t do it this time, but I’m being cautious.” He explained nervously.

Killjoy scratched the back of her head "H3ll..." she said with a sigh "what I would give just to keep life how it was...where my body didn't get broken by monsters. Now we both have a long road ahead of us...I mean sh/t just looking at my ancestors' training routines just make my entire being ache, and some of them are something I could never even dream of being. It's almost like we devolved as time passed..."

Luna thought for a moment "well the need for such power has also passed, it's like the creatures from long long ago, giant savage beasts...but now...merely birds that sing the songs we hear as the sun rises. The world is changing constantly, and as everything else, we must change with it, but of course the Batkin are the exception since they have lived long enough to see everything change. Though in life...there is always a balance. An overlooked concept, but it's as real as the air we breathe. The Batkin has rose up to tip that balance, and so now there must be another force to put that scale back to a normal state...balance. As it has always been. It's just now...we must be that force to bring that balance. Though...as we get stronger and destroy the Batkin threat, we then tip the balance and of course the cycle goes on." She said putting her hands together "so when you say you wish for life to be as it was, it has never changed."

Killjoy nodded "hmmm, I suppose that is true, well if if we are tipping the scale, might as well stomp it down." She said with a smirk as she started to walk off. Luna smiled "you missed my point but ok bye" she said with a faint laugh.

“Azure, it has been good catching up but I must head out and attend to my own business. I will check back regularly to see the progress. I’m interested to see the improvements in a few especially. They have an excellent teacher.” Apollo spoke as he stretched on Azure’s shoulder.

Triton was studying the cat on his new Sensei’s shoulder. He wanted to know more. Suddenly the cat vanished mid jump off of Azure. The surprise made Triton’s eyes widen. After regaining his composure he turned to his comrade hiding behind him. ”There Flint, no need to be on edge anymore He is gone. Anyways, aren’t you interested to see how this training will go? I for one am eager to see how much we will advance.”

Azure dipped his head, “Always a pleasure, Lord Apollo.” He replied back before the cat took his leave. Flint sighed and then grinned, “Yeah, I’m itching to get back at those guys for going easy on us. Their biggest mistake was lettin us live.” He spoke aggressively as they crossed a narrow bridge leading to one of the outlying towers around the castle, Azure stopped before it, “This is normally off limits to all except for Royalty, but Princess Celestia gave instructions for you four to use specifically. Inside is the very Library, that was hand written by Star Swirl the Bearded. Along with magical tools and practice artifacts to which will help you train, similarly the same way the Princess Trained when they were mere children. I expect your magical endurance and raw power to increase dramatically over the next year, anything else will be a bonus to yourself.” He explained as opened the door for them and stepped aside. “Also,” Azure grew serious, “This is highly secretive, no one else is allowed inside, and you will speak a word about the training you do inside. Understood?” He asked with straight glare at them as a group. Flint felt the pressure from Azure grow as he spoke, “Yes Sir.”

An Hour later, Azure had his seven trainees stand before him, readied in training clothes. “Now, this is where the fun begins.” He said simply as he took out a pair of bells, “Your job is clear,” He then tied the bells to his waist band, and he smiled slyly at the group. “Take the bells.”

Ceasar stood upon a jagged outcrop, starring down into the mists, where dozens of bodies lay motionless below. For the first time in a thousand years, Ceasar felt something different, he narrowed his eyes solemnly, “So... this is what remorse feels like...” He grit his teeth angrily, “... Dammït...”

One Year Later...

Shadow approached the war table, examining the layout of their forces and enemy forces, they hadn’t moved since Celestia arrived on the frontlines. He glanced around at the other members, realizing the change in the atmosphere. Recently Black Star’s influence had become greater, more members conversing with him more often than in the past. He seemed closer to Maelstrom, but at the same time, not always around him like usual either. Shade seemed distracted half the time since he got that scar on his cheek, and Ally is being impatient like she’s expecting someone to barge in. Even Ceasar is behaving differently, which is the last thing he expected. Now that he thought about it, even He changed a little, “I guess change happens, even to us...”

Inside the command tent of the Main Equestrian frontline Encampment, Celestia placed a magic spell upon a scroll, “This will give out friends the tool needed to succeed, I hope it fairs well.” She whispered encouragingly before sending it off with a Runner.

The Training ground was covered by dust, shapes moved with speed barely visible to the untrained eye. Suddenly the dust separated as Azure and Tritons forearms met, the sheer force blew a slight breeze over everyone’s faces as they watched intently. Each of them could follow the fast movements easily, as they all had scuffs and scratches from their time in this training. Azure set a standard, in order to pass his training, they had to take the bells from his waist. At first they could not even hope to, even in a 7 v 1. Now, they could all succeed by themself, with time as the only factor separating them. Trax held the fastest time, with Flint behind him by a mere minute, followed by Oakly, Kasey, Arial, and Jag with the slowest but still passing with 20 minutes flat. Triton is the last to go, and nearing the same time as Flint. Azure pushed off from Triton, “It’s alright to keep an eye on your friends in battle my student, but you are the only one fighting this now, focus yourself.” He told him sternly as he readied himself in a defensive stance.

Suddenly Triton smirked and put his hands behind his head. “You’re absolutely right Sensei. Except for one thing, watching all my comrades got me to this point. Which is why I’ve already won.” Triton snapped his fingers and the bell along Azure’s waistband melted into water. “Water mirage... something I’ve been perfecting. You see I was at an advantage watching all of my comrades before me and I was able to come up with a strategy to win with my first few hits. I’ve been hitting you with physical attacks distracting you from what I was really doing. When I roundhouse kicked you earlier I was able to snag the bell and place my own mirage there to keep up the fun.” With a slight ring he then tied the bell to the base under the tines of his trident and walked over to take a seat between Arial and Flint. 

Azure sighed but smiled proudly, “I’d have expected nothing less from a student of Colonel Trax.” He stood up straight and looked at everyone as they talked about their individual tests. They have grown so much in the past year, each of them surpassing him in their own rite. Oakly noticed Trax had a slight smirk, “Well he didn’t beat Dads time but he definitely beat Flint.” He surmised simply, His father would have been a little more less happy that he was beat after all the training they’ve gone through. Especially beating a magic user. Arial smiled at Triton, “Good job Triton, I knew you would win, never doubted you for a second.” She told him happily. Flint wrapped an arm around Triton, “Inside I’m a little hurt you beat my time, but it’s overcome by Pride, well done My Friend!” He said enthusiastically. Jag and Kasey were slumped over the benches, depressed in their own way. “I’m the slowest...” Jag mumbled solemnly, “Oakly beat me by ten flipping seconds...” Kasey groaned. Jag gave him a glare before shoving him off the bench. Azure stifled a chuckle, “Physically they have grown, personality wise... still the same.”

Killjoy stood in the middle of a courtyard, she glanced at Luna who sat on the wall surrounding the courtyard "ready Red?" She asked. Killjoy modded "this will be the last one for the day." She said giving Luna a thumbs up "ok sounds good, I guess it would be time to meet up with the others." She said as she waved her hand slowly, suddenly large magical seals covered the walls. "This time, let's go full speed." Killjoy said with a smirk. Luna raised an eyebrow "I know this spell is only meant to hurt but are you sure you want them on full blast?" She asked crossing her arms. Killjoy nodded "yeah I'm sure." She replied. Luna shrugged "ok then." She said snapping her fingers. Magical spears started shooting out of the seals with extreme speed and repetition. Killjoy bobbed, weaved, ducked, spun, jumped, and rolled dodging every spear. Luna watched on seeing Killjoy become a blur amongst the magical spears "I don't know why I even hesitated, Red's handling it with ease." She said to herself as the magical barrage continued. After five minutes of continuous magic fire, Luna waved her hand again, instantly making the seals disappear. Killjoy stood in the same place of where she started, not even a scrape on her body, not a single spear touched her. Killjoy grabbed a towel and wiped the sweat off her forehead and neck. Luna smiled "I do believe you are officially the fastest human alive, never has anyone without the help of magic meet the speed you just displayed. I think congratulations are in order." She said with a light clap. Killjoy smirked "well of course, did you expect any less of me?" She asked playfully. Luna shook her head and smiled "I suppose not, you ARE the Lady of Death after all. Well let's go and see what our comrades are up to."

Killjoy and Luna walked to where Azure were training the others. "So what was today's excersize?" Killjoy asked sitting on a bench "lemme guess, the bell thing again?"

“One year ago today, all seven of them together could not even come remotely close to touching them. Now, each one of them can successfully get the bells from my waist, by their own strength and skill. Their physical strengths have surpassed my own, their speed either matching or faster. I am Proud to acknowledge each and every one of them.” Azure explained to her smoothly, his eyes shimmering with pride. Trax came walking up to them, his shirt forming tightly to his strengthened muscles, “How goes it Captain? Can’t imagine you’ve been just sitting around for the past year.” 

Shadow examined the war table once more before he felt a wave of unease wash over him, “I know you’re there Fear, reveal yourself and speak, and stop being a creep.” He said sternly, knowing Fear let him sense his presence on purpose.

Flint motioned his hand for Triton, Arial, and Jag to follow him, for they had another test to take. “One final thing to do, and see how much we have truly grown.”

A dark shape started materializing behind Shadow’s left shoulder growing to the size of a man until the shadows faded and Fear was visible. He had long black hair slicked back and a lean muscular build. He wore a cloak of all black that turned to curling shadowy wisps as it got closer to his feet. Even among the batkin Fear tended to make people uneasy due to his ability to pop up at anytime and being able to mask his presence if he wanted to. “Shadowed heart, it has been a while my old friend. I’m on my way to report to Maelstrom about my last mission when I noticed something unsettling. Since when has Black Star become liked by so many? I asked Ceasar but he just grunted in disdain and then walked off.” 

Triton finished conversing with his comrades after his test with Azure. He pulled Arial aside. “You did well beating Jag, with your wind however you should be faster than some of the others.” He spoke sternly with a hint of compassion before he began walking to joking Flint. Pausing briefly to speak over his shoulder. “Keep pushing yourself, you are capable of so much.” He spoke cooly with a half smile before joining the other Dragons.

Shadow went grim, “No one really doubts his abilities and power, he’s just arrogant and annoying about it. I believe his popularity of late is due to his relationship with Lord Maelstrom, which makes me uncomfortable.” He said coldly. He left out Ceaser’s attitude and about the rumor about Black Star saying something during one of the recent battles, this got Shadow thinking about Apollo’s questions even more deeply. “I’ll accompany you to Lord Maelstrom, I’d like to ask him something, and confirm these rumors.” 

Arial got red, then got even brighter as Triton spoke, she could only nod her head up and down to him. When he smiled at her ever so slightly, she froze up in bliss. Jag stopped beside her, and waved a habd in her face, she barely blinked when he did so. Jag followed her loopy stare and then sighed, “Oh come on you love bug, I swear children these days.” He gruffed as he picked her up over his shoulder, where she remained stiff as a board with her hands pressed on her red cheeks. Flint led the four of them back to the tower, and entered into the candle room. There in the center, was a floating orb. A magical tool which measures a persons magical prowess, this would be their last time testing themselves. The way it works, is by releasing your own magic into the orb, it projects a copy of yourself standing opposite of you. The more detailed the copy, the stronger you magical strength is. The first time they did this, each of them could only get their hand to copy over, and the since then they have tried periodically but only getting partial images. Flint turned to his partners, “Who would like to go first?”